Underdog Log Vapes

SirElton

underdog said:
Stu said:
Hey, Dave. Could you retrofit a Bday dog with the new core? If so, what would it set me back?

:peace:

Hey Stu - I'm working on a procedure to do just that but haven't worked out all the kinks yet so I can't really tell you a price either.. but I'd say you pay shipping to/from and it'd probably run you $20-$30 for the retrofit. It'll be one of the things on my 'to do' list once I get back from this trip..

Is that my girl on the operating table, Dave? I hope you can breathe new life into her. The new core is aces.

SirElton,

weedemon

enthusiast
JoeFinny said:
Mathair Naduir said:
To UD owners, can any of you attest to the vapor production/vapor quality of your units?

-How does it size up compared to a DBV/LSV/SSV rigged up to a water pipe?
-How do you like dry hits?
-How do you like water filtered hits?

Thanks

Yes I can absolutely back this vape as money well spent in terms of how good these wooden pieces really medicate you and stretch your supply out (as would any good vape).

-Personally I've used both DBV and SSV and speaking in terms of how much vapor you get for each hit I definitely will always side with UD especially when its hooked up to a water pipe. The hits IMHO are a lot stronger than either of those, only downside I would mention is the bowls go quickly compared to the vapes you mentioned. Cant compare to LSV as I haven't tried it

-Personally I don't mind dry hits as long as I have clean glass, however I have really bad asthma and it doesn't take much to agitate it (especially vapor). Short answer I prefer water cooled hits :D

-Water cooled hits with UD is a very deadly combination. Being able to take in much more vapor at once can really put you on your ass and several combuster friends I know have told me so from just 1-2 hits. Prepare for extreme cases staring at your wall and sinking into you couch....

I'd say this sums up my feelings on the UD experience so far also. Very well put Joe! I am still learning the ins and outs of it all!

but I would like to say this: the first hit off of the UD is LOVELY it tastes great!!! all the others that follow do not have the same flavour, but they are still potent.

You won't get the same number of hits as you would with the ssv/7th floor team but you can look at it this way. less time's a wastin when you are using a UD (assuming it's already plugged in and ready to go! ;) )

the UD pretty much lets you know when the stem is cashed. you can just tell it's not giving up any more vapor.

I was very surprised at the amount of heat this vape can throw out for fast vapor!

weedemon,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
If you loosing flavor on the first hit . That means that you overheated ,like it happens with dbv if you start too hot.. 1-2 tasty puffs and that is all. Adjust your screen to the proper position,a bit of tuning and jedi skills needed but i think you will find your sweetspot.. I can even move my screen in the middle of the stem.. And get 30 + tasty .. almost invisible rips and in the end herb is well extracted and golden brown ;).
IMO the flavor stuff boils to lower temp or near the thc . So if you overheat you will extract all in the first rips.

Abysmal Vapor,

weedemon

enthusiast
ty for the advice sir! :) I wont get to play with it till Sunday now, but I look forward to it! :)

weedemon,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Mathair Naduir said:
To UD owners, can any of you attest to the vapor production/vapor quality of your units?

Thanks
I can't answer the first question, but as far as the second and third question go..

Dry hits are great! Although, the UD extracts vapor very FAST so I find myself taking a shorter hit for the first and second one, then longer ones following that. If I take too big of a hit on the first pull it tickles a lot and can make me cough (only happened once).

I recently got to try my dog through a friends 2 foot water pipe and let me just say it was amazing. It milked up the whole piece 2 or 3 hits in a row! It was amazing. I was amazed at how fast it could milk up and how thick it could be too! I can't wait to get my own piece.. The hits were definitely a lot more bearable through the water...BUT at the same time it knocked me on my ass a lot harder. A plus also is the UD definitely lets you know when the stem is cashed by refusing to produce anymore clouds. I find on average I can get two good milky hits, sometimes a third if the pups not too tired to circle the block again :ko:

Elluzion,

Vapemania

GO!!bot said:
YES!! I'm starting to find that vaping at lower temps (i'd guess around 370 or so) does not really satisfy me as much as I'd like

I go through a lot of herb chasing a high that never come on :/

I've just realised I got my temperatures all wrong on my previous posts.
Sorry - just not used to converting celsius to Fahrenheit.

The best temp range for any vape would be 149C (300F) to 212C (413F) (Wiki).
These are the temps when the active biomass in the herb will vape.

Vapemania,

scottio19

scotty
Mathair Naduir said:

Thanks

I've only used two box vapes, but I'm guessing they perform similarly to the 7th Floor vapes. My UD beat both box vapes in all areas possible, except heatup time. I pretty much get the same size hits with the UD, with much more ease and quickness.

I am taking dry hits almost as much as through my bong. Stretches out a stem a little longer, and rips!

Water filtered hits are awesome, you need to hit it slow to really toast it. Not even my double-percolated bubbler can stop me from coughing when I take those monster hits.

Highly recommend it. I have spent too much time dabbling with other vapes (bags, whips, etc.), when I should have paid more attention to all the glowing log vape reviews on FC.

scottio19,

Abysmal Vapor

scottio19 said:
Mathair Naduir said:

Thanks

I've only used two box vapes, but I'm guessing they perform similarly to the 7th Floor vapes. My UD beat both box vapes in all areas possible, except heatup time. I pretty much get the same size hits with the UD, with much more ease and quickness.

I am taking dry hits almost as much as through my bong. Stretches out a stem a little longer, and rips!

Water filtered hits are awesome, you need to hit it slow to really toast it. Not even my double-percolated bubbler can stop me from coughing when I take those monster hits.

Highly recommend it. I have spent too much time dabbling with other vapes (bags, whips, etc.), when I should have paid more attention to all the glowing log vape reviews on FC.
+1 .
I totally agree.. I spent 600 $ on vapes before my winning my dog :D..

Abysmal Vapor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Mathair Naduir said:

Thanks

I like dry hits IF I take the time to make sure I put the screen in right LOL. Sometimes I'm lazy and suck in tiny bits due to my own shitty screen placement. I'm solving this by being less lazy :)

I LOVE water filtered hits. Nothing else to say.

I replaced my beloved DBV with my UD. No regrets at all. Same hits for me with better flavor and WAY less bud used.

darkrom,

Vapemania

Abysmal Vapor said:
+1 .
I totally agree.. I spent 600 $ on vapes before my winning my dog :D..

Good for you dude!!
Vaping good herb makes for happy times.

Incidentally, how did you get a UD delivered?

Vapemania,

Abysmal Vapor

Vapemeister , i am one of not so few that won free UD :).., but me and place time are the only that have won two times (i won two times in a row :rolleyes:)
First one was a design contest and the first price was any piece of the catalog ,second price was a vape limited to 269$ (i don't rember) and the third was some generous discount .. or storecredit.
Anyway i won first price ,but everything was so beautiful.. that i couldn't pick .. ,so Dave was so nice to walk me trough the Custom underdog experience (which i can say is the best thing ever happend to me around vaping..).. He did that for free (i think it was mentioned on the website that it usually around 60 $ for work and may be some more for certain wood types,. (i am not sure if it is accurate) ..
He also ship it free to Bulgaria (50 $) ...
Abysmal-4.JPG
Abysmal-3.JPG

Abysmal-2.JPG
Abysmal-5.JPG

Abysmal+Bday.jpg
Abysmal-10.JPG

Finished looks
Second one was "Guess the location" contest and that it seemed familiar.. (i worked in a travel agency in the US on a students brigade LOL,.. ) and i googled it out faster than the others :p..
Price was choose anything you want :).. so i went with "The Blue Prototype" (coolest name for a log vape ever huh ? )
%2840D_12567%29.jpg

Look out.. There might be more contests coming :)..

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
SirElton said:
underdog said:
Stu said:
Hey, Dave. Could you retrofit a Bday dog with the new core? If so, what would it set me back?

:peace:

Hey Stu - I'm working on a procedure to do just that but haven't worked out all the kinks yet so I can't really tell you a price either.. but I'd say you pay shipping to/from and it'd probably run you $20-$30 for the retrofit. It'll be one of the things on my 'to do' list once I get back from this trip..

Is that my girl on the operating table, Dave? I hope you can breathe new life into her. The new core is aces.

Haha no not quite yet SirElton, I decided to experiment on some junk pieces first.. and good thing I did because it's not going as smoothly as one could hope. :uhoh:

underdog,

Vapemania

Abysmal Vapor said:
Vapemeister , i am one of not so few that won free UD :).., but me and place time are the only that have won two times (i won two times in a row :rolleyes:)

You are a lucky Abysmal Vapist, indeed.
Congrats.

I liked your first UD vape.
Composite wood can certainly look impressive with a good design.
Even bolder would be to make rectangular pieces.
The proportions and design of Art Nouveau are also very popular, IMO.

Does either UD have the old heating core with separate washers around the metal sheath?

Vapemania,

Abysmal Vapor

Vapemeister said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

You are a lucky Abysmal Vapist, indeed.
Congrats.

I liked your first UD vape.
Composite wood can certainly look impressive with a good design.
Even bolder would be to make rectangular pieces.
The proportions and design of Art Nouveau are also very popular, IMO.

Does either UD have the old heating core with separate washers around the metal sheath?
Nope. Mine first UD was the first of the new line of cores i think .. :). The core is rated for 24/7 but its wood complexity and small design and the fact that there is no UD repair shop in the nearer continents :).. keeps me from doing that.. The second one i intend to run more hours than the current one which run for 2-3 hours max/..

Abysmal Vapor,

Vapemania

Abysmal Vapor said:
Nope. Mine first UD was the first of the new line of cores i think .. :). The core is rated for 24/7 but its wood complexity and small design and the fact that there is no UD repair shop in the nearer continents :).. keeps me from doing that.. The second one i intend to run more hours than the current one which run for 2-3 hours max/..

So how does the device vape?
Is it efficient?
I don't expect it to be better than home-made rakia, but do you get heavy hits?

Also, how good is it at herb conservation?

Vapemania,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Vapemeister said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

Is it efficient?

What the hell is "home-made rakia"?

darkrom,

zymos

No offense, but by page 84 those questions have been answered over and over and over.
It hits like a motherfucker with a tiny pinch of herb.
You'll be amazed!

zymos,

Abysmal Vapor

zymos said:
No offense, but by page 84 those questions have been answered over and over and over.
You'll be amazed!
That guys knows best :) !

My girlfriend was asleep and i loaded 0,05 as usual and took a devastating bong hit.. resulting in fading of the screen and slightly coughing.. My gf was awaken by the sound... and said : "I thought there was a dog barking somewhere near.. "
.. I said : "Sry, but this greedily taken thick fog makes me bark a bit ,just for old sake's times :D.. "

Abysmal Vapor,

Abysmal Vapor

darkrom said:
Vapemeister said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

Is it efficient?

What the hell is "home-made rakia"?
You better don't learn the answer of that question.. from experience !
It is a drink 60-70 % ... with a lot of essential oils from varios herbs and woods and fruit mixes.. :D..
Plum rakia makes me see things.. I was sober for 3 years.. till recently hit few glasses of quality italian wine .. but i don't think i am ever going back to booze again :D..

Abysmal Vapor,

Vapemania

zymos said:
You'll be amazed!

That is exciting indeed!

Can you compare the hit to any other vape?

Vapemania,

scottio19

scotty
I get hits as big as two box vapes I've used. Bigger than the Volcano or MFLB.
There are vapes on the market that can provide larger hits than the UD (Supreme, Vriptech, etc). None of them seem to be as convenient, though.

scottio19,

SD_haze

I used to use my supreme at night for big sleepy-time hits, and its only been used once since I got my UD.

Its just less efficient and less simple to use.

SD_haze,

Abysmal Vapor

SD_haze said:
I used to use my supreme at night for big sleepy-time hits, and its only been used once since I got my UD.

Its just less efficient and less simple to use.
It retired and make me sell my MW too.. I had a party with 8 guys .. and the UD served us all in under 15 mins.. :D.. 4 stems and we were out :).
Also to add that my gnome gong vape gives similar and even more powerful and dense hit.. but is only fraction less efficient than the UD.. Cuz i usually hit high temp ..
Usually i hit the Gnome when i wait for the Dog to heat up.. I can get thick clouds in 15-45 secs with the GC and GG. :)

Abysmal Vapor,

zymos

Vapemeister said:
zymos said:
You'll be amazed!

That is exciting indeed!

Can you compare the hit to any other vape?

Only other one I have experience with is MFLB, and that's not a fair fight.
It was testimonials from other folks here who have a whole stable of vaporizers and prefer the UD that sold me.

zymos,
Top Bottom