Underdog Log Vapes

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
My log vape showed up yesterday and I had my first session with it. I ordered a VVPS with it and based on the Vape Critic review I set it to 6 for a few minutes after leaving it on 12 for about 20 minutes to warm up. I splurged and got a Moebius stereo water pipe and hooked my UD up to that. I didn't get a lot of vapor so I turned it a couple of times until I had it at 11. I also stirred and checked the herb to see that it was turning tan. I got some vapor but was concerned that I was doing something wrong. All in all, I took about 4 hits before I stopped getting anything.

I had a little left over from grinding and did a second round after that getting about 1 and half hits from that. Some vapor, but not a lot.

Then I sat down and a few minutes later had a long, intense protracted high. This was great and I think everything on my end was just getting used to using the UD as well as my total newbishness.

Thanks for the quick delivery and great instruction from Underdog, everything is great!
I wasn't aware that vape critic did a review of the Underdog...

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Heya Dogs, sorry we haven't updated you all with the new Micros or any of that stuff.. we've been busy dealing with some life speed bumps (lifebumps?) but we're on it and will try to get to it all soon as well as bring you all up to speed on anything you may have missed out on.

that zebrawood is sick, @underdog is that hard to do? or just glue and lathe? very classy..

Good question. I wouldn't say 'hard' to do, it's more time consuming than hard. There are some added complications using such stuff for vapes that add to the difficulty but still just more laborious than 'hard'.

Double yes.
I have the DO20-T i think, and its are amazing. Good quality, and fast shipping.
Its so smooth vaping with the UD through it.

Excellent combo!

I wasn't aware that vape critic did a review of the Underdog...

Me either.. he hasn't to my knowledge.

He hasn't reviewed the UD as far as I have seen and I looked through all of his site/videos at one point. HeffElf must have confused it with his e-nano review maybe. Not sure why he hasn't reviewed the UD as it is the best desktop vape IMHO.

We've had very little luck with mainstream reviewers. We've found most just want free stuff and to knock out reviews as fast as possible and then move on to the next. Unfortunately most haven't' seemed inclined to spend the time learning how to use Log Vapes and seem to prefer fancy, gadgety portables IMO. Some like VRB have done an awesome job though: http://vaporreviewblog.com/underdog-vaporizer-review/ - that said it's also tough because we make design changes regularly so even a really good review might not be too relevant 6 months later which can lead to confusion with new and aspiring Dog pack members.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
What's up dogs! So... I got 2nd in this awesome contest by not really following the instructions, how awesome are those judges!

So now the hard part begins, picking a dog. I have been loving my UD Honey Locust marble light and recently upgraded to a UV light bar setup. The Honey Locust really caught my eye under the UV, so I looked up some old black light shots from past UD's. The partially illuminated Locust really caught my eye. So I did a bit of research, here: http://www.wood-database.com/wood-articles/fluorescence-a-secret-weapon-in-wood-identification/

I noticed Pistachio was a solid choice for UV lights. So when I checked out the available vapes I was pleased to find a Chinese Pistache available and asked @underdogette for a black light shot. When she came back with this:
27097c-900x900.jpg

I freaked... Jackpot baby! This beautiful log is gonna blow people's minds, as well as my own! Thanks again for your wonderful customer service Amanda! Dave, please load the Chinese Pistache up with a medium-hot SC1 please. Can't wait to get another one of your beautiful creations. The UV pack has begun!!! Woooooof!!!

Edit- Just got an update that I thought it was Pistachio but it turns out it's Pistache. What an idiot, got lucky on the UV request though. Now to research Pistache so maybe I can know a little more of what I'm talking about. ;) Dumb luck ftw!!! (Yes, I meant to type luck) :)

2nd edit - Cashews eh, not pistachios... #whodathunkit

Last edited:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Congrats @SSVUN~YAH! That's a fine piece you chose also. :)

Just a head's up- we have a limited stash of Micros available on the website: http://underdogvapes.com/micro-dog

2lnyb7n.jpg

Please note that you do not need to be an UD owner to buy one of these pups, as they're full height which means they'll survive longer than previous minis/micros, and we've tweaked the core design for better performance.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

llamaman001

What is the life expectancy of the micro dogs? Let's say I sesh 3 bowls a day at different times and will be unplugging it each day. Also are any stems included? Couldent find it on the site

underdog

Manufacturer
What is the life expectancy of the micro dogs? Let's say I sesh 3 bowls a day at different times and will be unplugging it each day. Also are any stems included? Couldent find it on the site

Very subjective and hard to say but I'd guess 1000-2000 hours. No warranty but pretty economical with the $25 rebuild service.

No stems or any other kit is included with the Micros since we wanted people to be able to get them 'a la carte'. We might add a kit option but need to find a good way to do it that doesn't make the website twitchy. :2c:

underdog

Manufacturer
I think he means resistor or ss cartridge

Ah, gotcha.

While they both work well the cartridges heat up faster, are more durable, are 'cleaner' (in my opinion) and are welded in place so no chance of rattling or moving. The resistors certainly get the job done, are 10x cheaper ($2 vs $20) and we already had them laying around so I thought I'd offer them to people who wanted to save a 'few' bucks.

Personal preference really I suppose. :cheers:

Krahl

Hi, I was about to buy an underdog until my wife asked is the vapor hot without water, as she will not use water, and From what underdogette has told me it is warm.
My question is it warmer than a whip like ssv or dbv

Cheers

Krahl,

Krahl

What's it like as is, with no bong or water. Or is a whip style more suitable for someone not keen on bong or water and hot vapor

Last edited:
Krahl,

sloaf

I wouldn't rule out the UD because of hot vapor during direct draw. I also seem to be very sensitive to hot vapor and I find the Underdog to be one of the best for me. I had to completely give up using my firewood and firefly 2 vapes because they were too warm even on the lowest settings for me, that is how sensitive I am.

Just make sure that you get the VVPS(variable voltage power supply) that Underdog builds. That is one of the great things about the 12v DC logs is that you have such great control over the heat. I usually run my standard dog at 11 volts for water and 9 or 10 volts for direct draw. I have gone even lower with good results. I recommend getting one of the premium wood stems that Underdog makes. He makes some that are longer than the standard 4" stems. I use the ones that are 7" long. Unfortunately I cleaned him out of these long ones recently, but he still has one 6" left :lol:. You might check with Underdogette and see if he is building more soon.

There is a wood taste at first obviously, but that goes away quickly after a few days. When using the 7" stem at 9 volts it is very cool vapor. Even the thick walled 4" glass stems are pretty cool with the voltage down. I would say they are comparable to the Cloud EVO with the glass direct draw attachment if you have used that. With the 7" stem the Underdog vapor is cooler than the EVO. I would say the 7" stem + UD is slightly cooler than the S&B Mighty which is another I can use without issues. I haven't used a SSV so can't compare it to that unfortunately.

http://underdogvapes.com/vape-accessories/vape-stems/premium-wood-stem

Twiddlebug

If you need the vapour to be cooler, I recently found a more precise and reliable method (after spending lots of money too )

Check these out:
8XOe9QY.jpg

TpjjqIC.jpg

These cables lock together so you can add as many as you need to lower the heat to reach your desired temperature. My patch ends up being 20 ft, much longer than my previous single cord purchase from the web. The weight of the connections keep the cable in place whether on floor or table. Just be careful not to put stress on your dog's neck.

Krahl

Now I am confused, underdogette has told me its hot powerful vapor. Opposite what is been said here. She told me 'vape makes very hot, powerful vapor, and there's not really a way to cool it short of water tools,'

Krahl,
Reactions: underdog

underdog

Manufacturer
Now I am confused, underdogette has told me its hot powerful vapor. Opposite what is been said here. She told me 'vape makes very hot, powerful vapor, and there's not really a way to cool it short of water tools,'

Yeah it is all a bit confusing, I think part of the problem is that the way we're talking about 'heat' is totally subjective since we're discussing how it's perceived/felt vs something measurable like degrees.

Underdogette had told me that your wife doesn't want hot vapor and to that end prefers to fill up a volcano bag and let it cool then use it that way. I don't see a way in which you're going to get that cool of vapor from an UD. Even using water tools I don't see it.

A whip vape isn't going to be quite as big a difference as above but still the vapor coming out of a whip is going to be much cooler than that coming out of a 5" direct draw stem with an UD. Granted an Underdog can be used with a whip if you're a DIY type (we don't make/sell them) but probably not as conveniently as a dedicated whip vape.

We're just trying extra hard to make sure you don't buy something (especially as an international user) that you or your wife don't like and can't/won't use. We'd much rather steer someone away from an UD if we genuinely don't feel it's the right vape for their needs than make a sale and have someone out there unhappy with their Dog. :2c:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
@SSVUN~YAH That's sweet looking. I tried to google pistache and pistachio and I think they are the same thing. But, I really don't know anything about that beyond what I googled. I love the heartwood weaving in there and how it interacts with the blacklight. Very sweet.

Hot vapor. The Underdog. My thoughts. Take em or leave em.
All vaporizers create heat. The distance from your mouth and the heat source will affect just how hot this vapor is. As mentioned, turning down is an option, but it's not one I am really took keen on. I have temps that work for me.
My SO is a great big lightweight and she to use the UD a specific way. Glass on glass connection to a little bubbler WITHOUT water in it. I do the same most of the time, but sometimes I use the direct draw...and it's kinda warm. Most of the times I make frankenstems with small lengths of silicone. Insert the ss direct draw into the thick glass direct draw for a pretty smooth draw (8 inches length about).
I was using a length of tubing attached to my glass direct draw, and that was pretty legit, honestly. Just put a small piece of glass at the end. I'm a DIYer, though...was in bands for years and we did everything ourselves...DIY is in my DNA...so for me log vapes represent a simple interface to get hot air to pass over my cannabis and into my lungs. Each method changes the experience slightly and I go one way for a while until I want to switch it up. The options are up to your imagination, really. (My stems from my Toasty Island log vape also work well with my underdog, as does my custom enano stem I had made up even thought I don't own an enano...but they work differently than the official underdog equivalents. I like that, personally...options)

Anyway, to sum it up....every vaporizer except maybe the launch box with a battery makes vapor that is too hot for me without extra distance for the vapor to travel before reaching me. Of course, you'll also have reclaim all the way down that extra length, but it's a small price to pay for smooth vapor. Certainly way easier to clean than combustion, so there's that.

Side note. I bought a metal straw and just realized it can be used as a direct draw stem, and it's long! There's no stop for the screen, so it's friction fit. Pretty cool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom