Underdog Log Vapes

Simple10

Member, you member riiiight?
In addition to all the variables mentioned above, each vape has its own individual heating element and those vary as well. So you might have two Underdogs side by side, everything else the same, and the heating elements will have different set temperatures, resulting in different clouds.

Is this why you have that option on your shop of selecting a hotter or cooler heating element "if possible"? But what if I want both? I enjoy hotter temps when using a wp and cooler temps with direct draw. I'm guessing getting the VVPS would be ideal for expanding the temp range?

Last edited:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Is this why you have that option of selecting a hotter or cooler heating element "if possible"? But what if I want both? I enjoy hotter temps when using a wp and cooler temps with direct draw. I'm guessing getting the VVPS would be ideal for expanding the temp range?

Yes and yes. A VVPS is the best way to adjust the temperature. :)

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
My girl just revealed to me that she sometimes uses the underdog when I'm not around! She does a small low temp load through a dry bubbler and really enjoys it.
This is big because in the 3 years we've dated she has only tried one of my vapes a couple times, but said it was too intense. The looks of the underdog help her like it, as well as the aromatherapy to help cover up the stinky vapor clouds.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I thought that was comin from you..

ive used a UD since 2013 or 2014, I'm still surprised at the amount of vapor that comes out of a nong.. like where the hell does it come from? milking this honeycomb tube a few more times and then some NHL12!
Yeah, all the stinky clouds of vapor are coming from me. Friends used to say I was the caterpillar from Alice in wonderland back when I had da Buddha back before any of my friends knew what vaporizing even was.

I'm much more tame these days. I'm turning 41 this year and it's all about moderation.
Ok couple more tokes through mr bubbsy, and then watch one of my programs. There, I sound older saying programs.

Simple10

Got mine yesterday. My first ever plug-in vape! So far very satisfied but I have a question.
Am I supposed to allow for a certain amount of reheating time in between hits?
I noticed I never get any vapor if I try and take a quick 2nd hit even though there is still some green in my material.

Last edited:

subway13029

I always get back to back clouds...which reminds me..I've been so busy that I wanna say how great this underdog family is..some member here contacted ud dog and offered to foot the bill for me an ud for me because all of my vaporizers were stolen. I had quite the arsenal and no logs but now have been using a log along with a few vapcaps that other amazing members sent me to avoid combustion. I was completely humbled by it all..and to the member that contacted us and paid for the kit that was sent to me.THANK YOU

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
@subway13029 Word up. I was wishing I had a good vape I wasn't using, but I'm happy to hear you've been well cared for. Welcome to the dog family. I use only logs and a vapcap every day. I have two different logs and love them both for different reasons...and some of the same reasons. lol Can you tell I'm high?

Got mine yesterday. My first ever plug-in vape! So far very satisfied but I have a question.
Am I supposed to allow for a certain amount of reheating time in between hits?
I noticed I never get any vapor if I try and take a quick 2nd hit even though there is still some green in my material.
I am requesting you share a pic of your dog. We love pictures. Throw the vapcaps in there for good measure lol

Heat up time...yes, there is a cooldown directly after a big hit. I have an aircore, which were a model that had less mass in the core, so it doesn't retain heat as well as a standard core. There are work arounds....as mentioned you can draw slower. You can pause...I don't really know how long it takes to be back to temp, but if I pause for thought a moment, I'm good. You can get the travel vvps and 15v and run a little hotter...I do that now. It really cooks.

Last edited:

Simple10

I will do this with the nylon stems since I can quickly suck the herb into the screen without having to touch and adjust/even out/pack in the chamber.

Pull slower.

Actually the opposite ended up working for me.

Harder pulls led to bigger clouds, even on back-to-back hits, no waiting time needed. So far my UD hits very close but not quite as hard as my Hydrobrick. It is though more efficient with the herb amt. I can 2 or 3 quality hits from the nylon stem and double with the glass, however I did not notice any difference in vapor quality.

Heat up time...yes, there is a cooldown directly after a big hit. I have an aircore, which were a model that had less mass in the core, so it doesn't retain heat as well as a standard core. There are work arounds....as mentioned you can draw slower. You can pause...I don't really know how long it takes to be back to temp, but if I pause for thought a moment, I'm good. You can get the travel vvps and 15v and run a little hotter...I do that now. It really cooks.

I ordered the walnut with the sc2 I think, but im not sure if they put in the optional hotter heating core or not. They did throw in the free vvps but no receipt listing all the components and stuff I ordered.

Is the 15v power cord even worth buying? It says in their faq page not to set the vvps above 13. Would that one extra volt really make a noticeable difference?

Edit: I don't even see the option to get the 15v cord by itself on the site

I am requesting you share a pic of your dog. We love pictures. Throw the vapcaps in there for good measure lol

I just might next time I get a good sativa high:lol:

My vapcap though I keep it in my car for when I'm out and about on weekends, it's no longer a daily driver. I am able to get some decent hits from it but never as good as the Hydrobrick and now the log

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I was wondering if the mistvape touch stems were a similar size? Or eds tnts log stems

Does anyone know if this would fit?
https://edstnt.com/product/woodscents-titanium-aromalog-14mm-wpa-eds-tnt/
Just went upstairs and checked......Ed's glass does not fit the UD......doesn't matter though, order any UD and get 4 stems.....I recommend the standard glass, a nylon, a stainless lite and a NonG of your size preference. And grab the discounted VVPS. You will be set.

Tekhie

I just awoke my Nongs from a rather long nap. I have used either the short Gong or the direct draw thick because the flavor is better. But.... wow do these Nongs hit!! I had forgotten how incredible these are for efficiency and effectiveness.

I have to agree, i love the flavor with the Gongs and glass direct draw stems. But i am always drawn back to the SS tipped stems. I love the vapor quality / extraction you can get from them. As you said, these things are incredibly effective. Following some posters suggestions, i have started "soaking" in some heat in the SS stems between hits. It seems to give me better results when i'm putting the dogs to work with back to back hits.

I also thought that i would be adopting one stem type and stick with it. But they really do all offer different experiences and i really enjoy rotating trough them depending on my whims.

I have experienced the premises of the logs and i am now truly sold to them. Regardless of my lineup, i cant foresee them losing a place within my rotations.

Last edited:

Gigsabits53

I have to agree, i love the flavor with the Gongs and glass direct draw stems. But i am always drawn back to the SS tipped stems. I love the vapor quality / extraction you can get from them. As you said, these things are incredibly effective. Following some posters suggestions, i have started "soaking" in some heat in the SS stems between hits. It seems to give me better results when i'm putting the dogs to work with back to back hits.

I also thought that i would be adopting one stem type and stick with it. But they really do all offer different experiences and i really enjoy rotating trough them depending on my whims.

I have experienced the premises of the logs and i am now truly sold to them. Regardless of my lineup, i cant foresee them losing a place within my rotations.

Yes absolutely agree! It's all part of the fun for me. You get to experience the same vaporizer in different ways, almost like a new vape every time I switch! I love it!!

I will always have a log vape and it will be an UD. I only have the one dog right now but I will be ordering another (most likely custom) in the near future. Great thing about that is I get to pick 4 new stems!! Just an awesome device and obviously a top notch company. I recommend UD to anyone that vapes or is thinking about switching to vaporizing. I have no qualms whatsoever recommending them. I know people will be satisfied with the experience.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!! Enjoy!! ;)

woahbackup

Hey so I've been in the market for a power bank of sorts so that I can use my Underdog outside, is there any you guys can recommend? I was hoping to get one from Walmart or something but I'm not seeing any that would work.

woahbackup,
Reactions: Madcap79

NizzyJones

Hey so I've been in the market for a power bank of sorts so that I can use my Underdog outside, is there any you guys can recommend? I was hoping to get one from Walmart or something but I'm not seeing any that would work.

I snagged a power pack for a CCTV camera that works. It was from DHGate so I can't help on brand; you should be able to find them on EBay as well. I've also seen some universal DC power packs on Amazon that come with the right barrel connector among others.

Commander Cody

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-set-8x-18...764060?hash=item237e6a7f9c:g:j6gAAOSwOgdYrDmU
This is made by Qidian. If above link does not work go to eBay and search "Qidian"
This unit takes 8 unprotected 18650 cells (not included) Output is 0-24 Volts and is adjustable in increments of .1V I do not own this unit and can neither vouch for it or the seller. Many UD owners (including myself) have packs that are from that manufacturer. Good luck!

Top Bottom