• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

Hi Leon - We had a shop issue in which the star didn't get seated completely during production but they visually looked fine so we didn't catch them before they went out. Over time some of these unseated stars fall like you've described. This was a couple dozen vapes and quite a while ago but I suspect yours must be one of those.

Send @underdogette a message and she'll get you taken care of ASAP.

In the meantime you can still use the vape since the star is mostly used as a stem-stop (to keep them from inserting too far). It shouldn't cause a problem in the short term other than you'll need to manually control (ie, by hand) how far the stem sits down on the vape.

Thanks!

Yeah it still heats, but I noticed it when I tried to use my glass stem and it slid too far :)

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey Dogs another Monday morning.. hope you're all as excited about it as I am. ;)

Hopefully you'll all bear with me, I think my sarcasm setting is stuck on 100% after the first full week of the puppynado. For all the trouble they seem to be able to get into in the 30 seconds we ever turn our backs on them I'm somewhat convinced they smuggled their other 6 litter mates home with us too.

That said they do have their moments, sometimes comical, sometimes just cuteness. They're definitely inseparable, though they do 'fight' like brother and sister lol.

2rcx2r6.jpg

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Yo, new pups are super super cute!

Always here to chat, and demo some peeps in Rocket League if you're feeling down. Helps me sometime at least... :brow:

At least one of my dogs is still always out... I'm gonna try and get my ridiculous tolerance down a bit so I've been using my dogs lately... Using that mac-daddy stem... Love the extra surface area...

Still dreaming of an alpha-tortuga!

How's it holding up @Tekhie ?

underdog

Manufacturer
Heya Dogs wow the week is flying by, at least over here.. you mileage may vary. ;)

We've been asked a few times in recent days if we were going to have any specials for 7/10. The short answer is yes but we haven't completely finalized the details yet.

I do know that we'll have a bunch of Lost Dogs for sure since I've got a bunch I saved up from recent batches. We'll also have a number of Purpleheart and Paduak pieces that will be listed as Lost Dogs because they weren't kiln dried quite right and will have a propensity for developing cracks so we're just preemptively selling them as Lost Dogs just in case. As mentioned before I probably won't be working with these woods going forward so if you wanted one for your collection now might be a good time.

I think we might also have a special deal on matched sets featuring a regular Dog and Micro. Probably also some OS NonGs.

So basically some lower priced Dogs like Lost Dogs, some sets and some accessories most likely.

...and demo some peeps in Rocket League if you're feeling down. Helps me sometime at least... :brow:

Sweeet. I've been practicing so I shouldn't be quite the burden I was the first time. :cool:

...Every vaper should have at least one log!

Agreed! :):2c:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I've been rocking a little 18mm male adapter I mcguyvered together a while back. It sits very shallow in the 18mm female bubbler, and it's easy to adapt for various uses. Check it.

IMG_20170524_081413164.jpg

So the part on the right is the actual connection and it's also a glass stem option. I use it like that a lot. But I also love a great SS flood of vapor, so I just wiggle the one on the left into the top of the glass and silicone adapter. Walla. Then the middle piece of silicone is for the times I want a real old school session. I position a screen right at the very top of the glass, then slide the silicone down over the top of the glass and the silicone makes a tighter seal than glass. Sometimes I even fold over the top of that silicone, and it makes a super tight seal.
I also use that silicone to attach my vapcap to it, just as a something the adapter so great for me.

Anyway, I thought someone else might like the idea too, or even get inspired themselves.

And here's a bowl of hand torn cannabis with a healthy glob of CBD dab wax on top. Mmmmmm
IMG_20170610_111714595.jpg

Tekhie

Thanks guys.
Yeah it going to be tough but we'll do our best to make the most of the time he has left.

Quite sorry about the situation, but really glad to hear that you will be providing him with the best living conditions as possible. Life tends to throw these kind of rocks our way, but catch them and build something solid out of it is really the best thing we can do.

@underdog and @underdogette mad props on doing something constructive of this situation.

Yo, new pups are super super cute!

Always here to chat, and demo some peeps in Rocket League if you're feeling down. Helps me sometime at least... :brow:
At least one of my dogs is still always out... I'm gonna try and get my ridiculous tolerance down a bit so I've been using my dogs lately... Using that mac-daddy stem... Love the extra surface area...

Still dreaming of an alpha-tortuga!
How's it holding up @Tekhie ?

Been away too long!

Was busy completing a full survey of our solar system with the help of both the SC2 and the Alpha cores. Still collecting all my thoughts but let me tell you that thing is a beast.

Really love both cores but the alpha truly shines when paired with a water tool and a VVPS.
The greater herb surface area options, along with the extra airflow it provides really give you the best variables to play with around water.

For the direct draw usage or micro dose one hit extractions, i still gravitate towards the SC2 core and the SS stem.

Hopefully will provide a more detailed write up on the alpha core soon!

Sweeet. I've been practicing so I shouldn't be quite the burden I was the first time. :cool:
Agreed! :):2c:

Sound we like we should get an underdog gaming community going!
At least trade some Steam / Xbox / PS ids and get some games set up.

A discord server could also be quite interesting to facilitate it all. Let me know if anyone is interested, i could easily help setting it up.

Simple10

Member, you member riiiight?
Oh man! Yeah, gots to be careful to insert straight and not put downward pressure like that. I'll have @underdog take a look around the shop and see if we have any more oversized NonGs or direct draw SS or Nylons left. If we do, we can send you one of those.

I'll send you a PM.

Thank you much to @underdogette and @underdog for sending me a custom-made wider NonG after I posted how my GonG piece cracked too soon. The new NonG holds the bigger screens but now without the worries and hassle of breaking! I also manage to get bigger clouds than with the glass counterpart.

r1ikr4.jpg

Size comparison with the regular NonG

so6a8k.jpg

Major props to Underdog Log Vapes for their prompt and excellent customer service that puts them above the rest!!

underdog

Manufacturer
Heya Dogs, hope you're all doing good out there. We've been suffering thru the first real heat wave of summer here in NorCal and it sucks lol. Seriously seems just about impossible to get anything done. Blork. At this rate I'm tempted to go find a cold mountain lake and submerge myself in it until the weather comes to its senses. If you all don't hear from us for a few days you'll know where to look (aforementioned lakes) lol.

eiuj35.jpg

Thank you much to @underdogette and @underdog for sending me a custom-made wider NonG after I posted how my GonG piece cracked too soon. The new NonG holds the bigger screens but now without the worries and hassle of breaking! I also manage to get bigger clouds than with the glass counterpart.

r1ikr4.jpg

Size comparison with the regular NonG

so6a8k.jpg

Major props to Underdog Log Vapes for their prompt and excellent customer service that puts them above the rest!!

Happy to be of service, enjoy!

purplegrass

I just ordered my underdog today and was wondering what sort of water device is recommended for vapor with water noob, something available in Australia would be cool :)

Are these http://www.beefysbongs.com.au/glass-bongs/percolator-bongs/ or these https://ozbongs.com.au/dhop-gamma-oil-rig.html?category_id=308 the sort of things ?

cheers

hey man,

I got this exact bong here http://www.beefysbongs.com.au/four-twenty-saxo-side-car-black/ and it works perfectly with the underdog (with the NonG 18/19mm). That one was also recommended to me by a member here!

On another note, I got myself a vapexhale and been using it a bit, but I get the same effects with half the grass with my underdog. the underdog lives up to its name! So far the underdog has surpassed the volcano and the evo ( of course that's just my 2cents). The most I use in the underdog is 0.05g whereas the other two take anywhere from 0.1 to 0.3g

The underdog really is an amazing unit!

mucsusn

60 going on 20
what is meant by diffusion
Diffusion refers to the way that the vapor travels through the glass and is then diffused through the water. It basically boils down to how many paths the vapor is split into, usually through a percolation path built into the inner glass, like a shower head. The fewer detours the vapor takes saves flavor.

Which really highlights the difference between combustion and vaporizing.....with combustion you want maximum diffusion and bubbling to tame that nasty taste and the heat. For vaping, you just want a little extra length in the air path, and maybe a bit of water for cooling.

Also, another thought........I've procured both 14mm and 18mm j-hooks in the past month or so, and find that I don't reach for the water unless I'm doing a dab. Very easy to use with any of my logs and VacCaps. I'm also going to grab an adapter to try it with my Mi's and soon to arrive MVT. There seems to be no end to the techniques that you can use with these beautiful toys!

Last edited:

Krahl

What type of percolators give least diffusion. I have been reading on them and while they give description they don't seem to say much about diffusion levels

Krahl,

mucsusn

60 going on 20
What type of percolators give least diffusion. I have been reading on them and while they give description they don't seem to say much about diffusion levels
Look for ones with simple percs with just a few paths. My 14mm sidecar only has 4 holes in its diffuser.

mucsusn,
Reactions: Krahl
Top Bottom