Underdog Log Vapes

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
I will do this with the nylon stems since I can quickly suck the herb into the screen without having to touch and adjust/even out/pack in the chamber.

Actually the opposite ended up working for me.

Harder pulls led to bigger clouds, even on back-to-back hits, no waiting time needed. So far my UD hits very close but not quite as hard as my Hydrobrick. It is though more efficient with the herb amt. I can 2 or 3 quality hits from the nylon stem and double with the glass, however I did not notice any difference in vapor quality.

I ordered the walnut with the sc2 I think, but im not sure if they put in the optional hotter heating core or not. They did throw in the free vvps but no receipt listing all the components and stuff I ordered.

Is the 15v power cord even worth buying? It says in their faq page not to set the vvps above 13. Would that one extra volt really make a noticeable difference?

Edit: I don't even see the option to get the 15v cord by itself on the site

I just might next time I get a good sativa high:lol:

My vapcap though I keep it in my car for when I'm out and about on weekends, it's no longer a daily driver. I am able to get some decent hits from it but never as good as the Hydrobrick and now the log

15v power supplies are a secret menu sort of thing, but yes, you would not want to take your vape above 13 or so, and that extra volt could produce a significant amount of heat.

Before you go to the 15v though, try a different grind and pack consistency. Try less herb, with a medium grind. Don't fill past the basket, and then try different draw speeds. If you still feel you want more heat, send me a message.

Also, any 15v power supply with a 2.1mm barrel plug and at least 1-3 amps will work -- but make sure you only ever use it with a VVPS or dimmer! The full 15v will cause damage and/or fire.

Hope that helps and I hope you all had a great weekend! We certainly did. Packages and messages will be taken care of tomorrow. :)

HeffElf

Just ordered a Bubinga Underdog Vape. This will be my first vape and I'm so excited to get it, they look awesome. Coming back to the "hobby" as I'm starting chemo later this week. I was thinking about picking up a bubbler to go with my UD. Any suggestions or things I should be aware of?
I ordered the 14mm GonG and also the 18mm NonG to give myself the most options. Thanks in advance for any advice for this total newb to vaping!

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer

It looks like that would work though it's not very adjustable other than between the various set voltages. I'd either want to use that one with a LED Dimmer or Travel VVPS for better adjustment or I'd pay a little more for a 18650 battery based one (like the Qidian ones linked earlier by @Commander Cody) that can adjust voltage much more finely. :2c:

Of the Qidian ones I've used the 4 battery one here (still do) and am excited to see it looks like they're available again. I've also used some of the larger ones like CC linked to but not with as much experience.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18650-X-4-P...ttery-holder-5-12V-for-phone-pad/162479805220

rogrog

Just ordered a Bubinga Underdog Vape. This will be my first vape and I'm so excited to get it, they look awesome. Coming back to the "hobby" as I'm starting chemo later this week. I was thinking about picking up a bubbler to go with my UD. Any suggestions or things I should be aware of?
I ordered the 14mm GonG and also the 18mm NonG to give myself the most options. Thanks in advance for any advice for this total newb to vaping!

hey man! If you want inexpensive but reliable and great performance, I can recommend the D020-D: https://goo.gl/6IUQLl It's a 18mm female piece, so you'll need an adapter to use the 14mm gong like so: http://underdogvapes.com/vape-accessories/vape-stems/gongadapter but I believe the adapter comes with the piece if you order from sunshinestore

you'll love the underdog especially through water. so smooth.

Last edited:

woahbackup

It looks like that would work though it's not very adjustable other than between the various set voltages. I'd either want to use that one with a LED Dimmer or Travel VVPS for better adjustment or I'd pay a little more for a 18650 battery based one (like the Qidian ones linked earlier by @Commander Cody) that can adjust voltage much more finely. :2c:

Of the Qidian ones I've used the 4 battery one here (still do) and am excited to see it looks like they're available again. I've also used some of the larger ones like CC linked to but not with as much experience.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18650-X-4-P...ttery-holder-5-12V-for-phone-pad/162479805220
I just figured it would be easier to use, I don't really care much about adjustments but if it's necessary I'm all in of course. So is it best to use a battery operated one?

underdog

Manufacturer
hey man! If you want inexpensive but reliable and great performance, I can recommend the D020-D: https://goo.gl/6IUQLl It's a 18mm female piece, so you'll need an adapter to use the 14mm gong like so: http://underdogvapes.com/vape-accessories/vape-stems/gongadapter but I believe the adapter comes with the piece if you order from sunshinestore

Very nice yet inexpensive choice in teh D020-D... good recommendation. :tup:

I just figured it would be easier to use, I don't really care much about adjustments but if it's necessary I'm all in of course. So is it best to use a battery operated one?

Well it really depends on what your needs are. If you need to use it on the 'go' a lot then yeah a battery solution may be best but if you'll primarily be using it where there's power then a desktop solution is best. If going the desktop route then a Travel VVPS is a hard option to beat.

Either way if you're wanting to get the most out of various stem types then adjustable voltage is definitely an asset since the temps each stem type perform best at can vary quite a bit. :2c:

If this is confusing, you need more info or have more questions just holler and we'll try our best to answer as quick as we can. :tup:

HeffElf

Hey, thanks, that looks great! I love those scientific looking bubblers, but everything I've seen is either crazy expensive or not so great quality, that one looks really good!

woahbackup

Very nice yet inexpensive choice in teh D020-D... good recommendation. :tup:

Well it really depends on what your needs are. If you need to use it on the 'go' a lot then yeah a battery solution may be best but if you'll primarily be using it where there's power then a desktop solution is best. If going the desktop route then a Travel VVPS is a hard option to beat.

Either way if you're wanting to get the most out of various stem types then adjustable voltage is definitely an asset since the temps each stem type perform best at can vary quite a bit. :2c:

If this is confusing, you need more info or have more questions just holler and we'll try our best to answer as quick as we can. :tup:
I just want to use it quickly outside and come back in with it. I'm at home for the summer and inside isn't really an option for me at the moment. This is actually pretty confusing, lol

underdog

Manufacturer
I just want to use it quickly outside and come back in with it. I'm at home for the summer and inside isn't really an option for me at the moment. This is actually pretty confusing, lol

Hmmm... that's a tough scenario. The vape will need time to heat up before you'd be able to use it and time to cool down before you'd want to pack it away afterwards and you'd need a way to power it while outside either with a battery pack or an outlet outside if you have one.

While I think you could definitely overcome those obstacles and make the UD work for you like that there are probably other vapes that would be much better suited to that usage. :\

woahbackup

Hmmm... that's a tough scenario. The vape will need time to heat up before you'd be able to use it and time to cool down before you'd want to pack it away afterwards and you'd need a way to power it while outside either with a battery pack or an outlet outside if you have one.

While I think you could definitely overcome those obstacles and make the UD work for you like that there are probably other vapes that would be much better suited to that usage. :\
The heat up time isn't an issue as of right now, atm I let it heat up, unplug the dog and I put the cord through the window, then I bring my dog outside and plug it in through the window but I was just looking for an easier way to do it. I was planning on getting a power pack, letting it heat up with the plug in cord and then plugging in the power pack when I go outside so it can stay heated and I wouldn't have to be so close to my window.

edit: I just put it in a bag with an opening at the top and walk in with it when I'm done

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
The heat up time isn't an issue as of right now, atm I let it heat up, unplug the dog and I put the cord through the window, then I bring my dog outside and plug it in through the window but I was just looking for an easier way to do it. I was planning on getting a power pack, letting it heat up with the plug in cord and then plugging in the power pack when I go outside so it can stay heated and I wouldn't have to be so close to my window.

edit: I just put it in a bag with an open in at the top and walk in with it when I'm done

Ah, gotcha.. sounds like a workable strategy.

A battery pack would work well for that usage after all from what you've said then. For short time use like that I'd probably go with the 4 battery Qidian model (www.ebay.com/itm/18650-X-4-Power-Bank-case-QC3-0-battery-holder-5-12V-for-phone-pad/162479805220) and call it good.

Actually, if you're interested, I have a lightly used one of those laying around the office that I used for testing and an occasional trip out and about that I'd be happy to sell. Comes with batteries and everything (good ones). I'd let it go for $50 + shipping cost. I think I also have the 5 battery version too now that I think about it.. would let that one go for the same price.

woahbackup

Ah, gotcha.. sounds like a workable strategy.

A battery pack would work well for that usage after all from what you've said then. For short time use like that I'd probably go with the 4 battery Qidian model (www.ebay.com/itm/18650-X-4-Power-Bank-case-QC3-0-battery-holder-5-12V-for-phone-pad/162479805220) and call it good.

Actually, if you're interested, I have a lightly used one of those laying around the office that I used for testing and an occasional trip out and about that I'd be happy to sell. Comes with batteries and everything (good ones). I'd let it go for $50 + shipping cost. I think I also have the 5 battery version too now that I think about it.. would let that one go for the same price.
I would love to buy it from you guys! Looks like a lot of the ones on eBay are coming from China

woahbackup,
Reactions: underdog

Simple10

Member, you member riiiight?
So last night as I was attempting to make some demo vids and then this shit happens:

I've only had it for less than a week:uhoh::mad:
And I preferred the glass over the nylon only because of the bigger bowl.

@underdog any plans developing a wider nylon or SS stem that fits the glass screen cups?

Or if anyone knows of another type of wide stem that fits the UD?

Last edited:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
So last night as I was attempting to make some demo vids and this happens:

I've only had it for less than a week:uhoh::mad:
And I preferred the glass over the nylon only because of the bigger bowl.

@underdog any plans developing a wider nylon or SS stem that fits the glass screen cups?

Or if anyone knows of another type of wide stem that fits the UD?

Oh man! Yeah, gots to be careful to insert straight and not put downward pressure like that. I'll have @underdog take a look around the shop and see if we have any more oversized NonGs or direct draw SS or Nylons left. If we do, we can send you one of those.

I'll send you a PM.

kuzko

Hello Underdog Community!

I recently won a complete Underdog set (shown in pic) and before I actually receive it I was wondering if you guys have any tips or advice for a noob?

I have never used a Log vape before and have done just a bit of research on them. Currently I use a Volcano and a handful of various portables.

I was thinking about getting a J-Hook glass pipe with a female adapter for the stem that connects to glass pipes. Kind of like sipping vapor from a tea kettle?

Anyway, I'll probably have more questions once I get the unit, good to see the huge following Underdog has.

https://i.imgur.com/9JBtyZH.jpg

LazyVaper

I recently won a complete Underdog set (shown in pic) and before I actually receive it I was wondering if you guys have any tips or advice for a noob?

Congrats on the win! If you've never used a log vape, I think you're in for a treat!

Here are a few random tips:

- Let the dog heat up for a good 25 minutes or so before you use it. It will probably be able to produce vapor sooner than that, but mine takes around 20 or so minutes to reach "equilibrium". By that I mean the heat of the whole unit is pretty much stable. As you get used to the nuances of your dog, you can maybe start using it sooner. But the goal until you establish a feel for it is to eliminate variables. Alternatively, you can just leave it plugged in 24/7, so it's always ready to go without any wait.

- Get used to the idea that, in terms of product, "less is more". Seriously, I think you will be amazed at how efficient log vapes are. My UD is my most-used vape (by far) and I'm still amazed at how little product I need to get the job done. If in doubt, err on the side of too little rather than too much.

- For me, with the metal and nylon stems, I get one solid rip and one so-so draw. With the slightly larger glass stem, I get two solid draws and a third so-so one... I think I have average lung capacity. If you have big powerful lungs you can probably fully extract a load in one huge rip. Or you can "sip" on the stems and treat it more like a session vape.

- As soon as you are done with your last draw for a load, immediately blow the ABV out. I blow mine into the little muslin bag UD provided. Doing this keeps the stems cleaner and dramatically reduces the amount of cleaning you have to do.

- Keep your screens clean. Even when they look clean, a quick bath in alcohol and a little course salt will get them back to brand new state. Before I started doing the "immediate blow" technique described above, I had to clean my screens almost weekly. Since I started the immediate blow, I can't remember the last time I cleaned my screens. But I still remember how big of a difference it was in hit smoothness between "looks clean" and actually clean.

- If you have a VVPS or dimmer, I would hold off on using it until you are more familiar with using the log. I personally find my UD's stock temp to be perfect. But varying temperature can affect flavor and effects... My point goes back to what I said above, when you're just starting, I think it's best to avoid variables. Just use it in the simplest way possible. And only when you have a good handle on how it works does it make sense to start tweaking. It's like the 80/20 rule - you get 80% of the benefits with 20% effort in the default state. Then you have to put forth 80% effort to squeeze out that last 20% of performance. (In my experience this seems to hold true for just about anything, it's not unique to log vapes.)

- Most importantly, have fun! Maybe you'll become a log lover like many in this thread. I'm sure everyone has their reasons to love logs. For me, it's (in no particular order) - efficiency, simplicity of the device itself (elegant), and the beauty of the wood. I also like how it keeps my hands warm in the winter!

Enjoy!

kuzko

Congrats on the win! If you've never used a log vape, I think you're in for a treat!

Here are a few random tips:

- Let the dog heat up for a good 25 minutes or so before you use it. It will probably be able to produce vapor sooner than that, but mine takes around 20 or so minutes to reach "equilibrium". By that I mean the heat of the whole unit is pretty much stable. As you get used to the nuances of your dog, you can maybe start using it sooner. But the goal until you establish a feel for it is to eliminate variables. Alternatively, you can just leave it plugged in 24/7, so it's always ready to go without any wait.

- Get used to the idea that, in terms of product, "less is more". Seriously, I think you will be amazed at how efficient log vapes are. My UD is my most-used vape (by far) and I'm still amazed at how little product I need to get the job done. If in doubt, err on the side of too little rather than too much.

- For me, with the metal and nylon stems, I get one solid rip and one so-so draw. With the slightly larger glass stem, I get two solid draws and a third so-so one... I think I have average lung capacity. If you have big powerful lungs you can probably fully extract a load in one huge rip. Or you can "sip" on the stems and treat it more like a session vape.

- As soon as you are done with your last draw for a load, immediately blow the ABV out. I blow mine into the little muslin bag UD provided. Doing this keeps the stems cleaner and dramatically reduces the amount of cleaning you have to do.

- Keep your screens clean. Even when they look clean, a quick bath in alcohol and a little course salt will get them back to brand new state. Before I started doing the "immediate blow" technique described above, I had to clean my screens almost weekly. Since I started the immediate blow, I can't remember the last time I cleaned my screens. But I still remember how big of a difference it was in hit smoothness between "looks clean" and actually clean.

- If you have a VVPS or dimmer, I would hold off on using it until you are more familiar with using the log. I personally find my UD's stock temp to be perfect. But varying temperature can affect flavor and effects... My point goes back to what I said above, when you're just starting, I think it's best to avoid variables. Just use it in the simplest way possible. And only when you have a good handle on how it works does it make sense to start tweaking. It's like the 80/20 rule - you get 80% of the benefits with 20% effort in the default state. Then you have to put forth 80% effort to squeeze out that last 20% of performance. (In my experience this seems to hold true for just about anything, it's not unique to log vapes.)

- Most importantly, have fun! Maybe you'll become a log lover like many in this thread. I'm sure everyone has their reasons to love logs. For me, it's (in no particular order) - efficiency, simplicity of the device itself (elegant), and the beauty of the wood. I also like how it keeps my hands warm in the winter!

Enjoy!

Wow, thanks for all the good info! Can't wait!

HeffElf

My log vape showed up yesterday and I had my first session with it. I ordered a VVPS with it and based on the Vape Critic review I set it to 6 for a few minutes after leaving it on 12 for about 20 minutes to warm up. I splurged and got a Moebius stereo water pipe and hooked my UD up to that. I didn't get a lot of vapor so I turned it a couple of times until I had it at 11. I also stirred and checked the herb to see that it was turning tan. I got some vapor but was concerned that I was doing something wrong. All in all, I took about 4 hits before I stopped getting anything.

I had a little left over from grinding and did a second round after that getting about 1 and half hits from that. Some vapor, but not a lot.

Then I sat down and a few minutes later had a long, intense protracted high. This was great and I think everything on my end was just getting used to using the UD as well as my total newbishness.

Thanks for the quick delivery and great instruction from Underdog, everything is great!

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Just wanted to let everyone know we've got a fresh batch of pieces on the website! Also, while supplies last, we're giving away left over buck/boost units free with vape orders.

We're also putting the finishing touches on a new batch of Micros, so if you missed out last time, keep an eye out for this round. ;) We should have them up hopefully this weekend.

2v2jfcy.jpg

tacosupreme

Double yes.
I have the DO20-T i think, and its are amazing. Good quality, and fast shipping.
Its so smooth vaping with the UD through it.

Top Bottom