Underdog Log Vapes

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Nice bubblers. :cool:

While those are some nice hits, I still don't think you can equate them to the SV. I will admit that those are nice rips coming from a log, but to equate a 10 minute UD warmup unit to an SV is misleading imho.

I wish my dog could perform like that, so props on the nice twig!

:peace:

Stu,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
VaporBoxed said:
PROOF

This is not at ten minutes though. I just got back from the movie store so it had been plugged in for twenty minutes.. I didnt know it could be plugged in 24/7 so i will leave it plugged tonight. I feel like it hits like my supreme at 310 - 320. The milks should speak for themselves.

Nice dude! I'll have to add that video to the Underdog YouTube page favorites if you don't mind.. also need to send you a message and find out where to get one of those sweet bubblers!

Stu said:
Nice bubblers. :cool:

While those are some nice hits, I still don't think you can equate them to the SV. I will admit that those are nice rips coming from a log, but to equate a 10 minute UD warmup unit to an SV is misleading imho.

I wish my dog could perform like that, so props on the nice twig!

If you want to upgrade your b-day dog to a full power 3/8" beast I know a guy.. :D

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
VaporBoxed said:
Stu said:
I have to call shenanigans, sorry. There is no way in hell that a 10-minute warm up time could produce clouds anywhere even in the same league as the SV.

Luv my dog, but someone had to call bullshit. Can I call shenanigans and bullshit in the same post? :shrug: I defer to the mods.

PROOF

This is not at ten minutes though. I just got back from the movie store so it had been plugged in for twenty minutes.. I didnt know it could be plugged in 24/7 so i will leave it plugged tonight. I feel like it hits like my supreme at 310 - 320. The milks should speak for themselves.
Fog on Dude ! You can slice some of that fog and make a sandwich...

Have in mind that Supreme uses conduction too while UD is mostly pure convection...
When you heat the SV does the bowl gets hotter than the air ? That may result in overcooking and uneven vaporization.. Make an abv comparison if you want.. From what i've seen SV make huge clouds when kick on higher temps but leaves ABV dark.. unlike UD.. which has golden ABV. IMO the ligheter the colour of the abv the more healtier vaporization occured.. + It is unfair to compare cloud density made on 300 C and 200 C ...
So if you like to compare them better heat the supereme to the UD temp..
Most of SV users like high temps which are 100 C above the temps of the UD..
Put your dog on 13-15 v and i bet i will leave the abv dark or even combust..
IME overcooking has its benefits but it has a fraction of the taste of burnt.. which many sensitive guys cant stand..

Abysmal Vapor,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I am soon to be an owner of a 3/8'' core dog :) can't wait! I am in love with one of the ladies...

and I will most definitely be doing a youtube review of the end grain goblet I plan to get vs the aromazap & mflb.

<3

Elluzion,

Abysmal Vapor

Elluzion said:
I am soon to be an owner of a 3/8'' core dog :) can't wait! I am in love with one of the ladies...

and I will most definitely be doing a youtube review of the end grain goblet I plan to get vs the aromazap & mflb.

<3
Dude ,check with Doc.. You got dog flue sympthoms :) .

Abysmal Vapor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Elluzion said:

<3

Comparing the UD to the MFLB is essentially useless lol. Comparing it to the zap will be interesting though!

darkrom,

cluffy

Vaker
WOOHOO!! Uber Twig "expected" delivery on New Year's Eve!!! GO GO USPS!!!

chain-mail-dog-1.jpg
sleepingmail-1.jpg

cluffy,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Good on ya USPS, tracking info says mine will be here tomorrow. All the other dogs will be jealous when the new pup gets all the attention tomorrow night. I will also post my wife's impressions of her new UD. Got her the Tineo. Have you ever tried the new core Cluffy? I have never tried the original core but can't say enough good things about my dogs with the new core.

Gonzo,

Abysmal Vapor

VaporBoxed said:
Heres side by side milks of both the UD and SV

Video
Nice dude. :) I am sure than both can go even whiter.. but which tastes better ?
Can you compare ABV colors ?

Abysmal Vapor,
I showed them both in the vids. The UD had a light brown and the SV had a dark brown abv. I enjoy the taste of the UD more. I didnt like to admit it but the SV does have a slight wood taste compared to the UD. I hate the process of torching and i hate accidentaly over-torching. Ive spent like 40 dollars on refilling torches in the last 2 months haha. Personally my vaping experience is alot better now that i dont have to keep heating up a piece whenever i want a hit.

VaporBoxed,

Abysmal Vapor

VaporBoxed said:
I showed them both in the vids. The UD had a light brown and the SV had a dark brown abv. I enjoy the taste of the UD more. I didnt like to admit it but the SV does have a slight wood taste compared to the UD. I hate the process of torching and i hate accidentaly over-torching. Ive spent like 40 dollars on refilling torches in the last 2 months haha. Personally my vaping experience is alot better now that i dont have to keep heating up a piece whenever i want a hit.
There was some bug with my flash player... I see the difference now.. BTW you are not the only one feeling the wood taste with the extreme , i read someone else mention that in the Supreme thread..

Abysmal Vapor,

cluffy

Vaker
Gonzo, I only have the B-Day vape with the 1/4" core. It's a real roaster though, I actually had to make the silicon part of my glass stem 1/4" longer for one type of herb I'm using!! Slightly combusted once with it. I also have a RockZap, but it is unfair to compare because I believe my RockZap runs cool. I plan on sending it to Rick for checking but I wanted to wait till after the holidays and till I had a Twig in my hands. I'm hesitant because it does give one or two nice hits and sometimes I like a lower temperature session. Then again I have my DBV for that. Guess I will have to compose an email to Rick.

My :2c: on the Dog vs SV comparison: I don't have a Supreme but I have my DBV with standard SSV heater cover and a Vapor Brothers mini wand. If I could only have one vape that would be it. I can get any kind of hit I want from it because I know it so well. On the other hand, you have 5 more fingers. No, the beauty of the Underdog and other log vapes to me is the convenience. Always ready and no adjustment necessary. Way better to share with noobs, I love the looks on their faces when they go from 'I'm not getting anything' to 'Holy Shit!!! cough cough cough!!'.
I'm not sure how I feel about cloud comparisons, I think the key to happy vaping is finding the right vape (or vapes! :brow: ) for YOURSELF.
Dave, found this classic comic while looking for post office/dog pics. LOL'd a little:
lostdog-1.jpg

cluffy,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Thats a real lost dog :p

I have slightly combusted in the Tupelo Goblet before as well but completely because of user error. set up two stems, one for starting the bowl and one for finishing. The screen in the finishing bowl is closer to the core for a higher temp. When experimenting on exactly where the screen should sit I got it a little too clse and produced some very unpleasant vapor. It didn't quite get to the point of combustion but the material was very charred and a crisp black.

Gonzo,

underdog

Manufacturer
Gonzo said:
Thats a real lost dog :p

I have slightly combusted in the Tupelo Goblet before as well but completely because of user error. set up two stems, one for starting the bowl and one for finishing. The screen in the finishing bowl is closer to the core for a higher temp. When experimenting on exactly where the screen should sit I got it a little too clse and produced some very unpleasant vapor. It didn't quite get to the point of combustion but the material was very charred and a crisp black.

Yeah there's enough heat there to do the job if you get the screen too close.. ;)

Really I try to tell people a variable PS that goes over 12v isn't necessary and this illustrates why... :2c:

underdog,

cluffy

Vaker
GO GO USPS!!! My Twig made it to my local post office a day early!!!! I take back the sleeping postman pic!!! Now to see if it goes out for delivery, I have to go to the PO today anyway so if it doesn't go out I'll be picking it up then. Problem is, now I have to get all the stuff that I put off all week till today done before I can get to know my new Dog!!! Procrastination is not all it's cracked up to be, but it will always be one of my strong points. "Procrastinate, if the world ends tomorrow you won't have to do it!!" - my favorite Woot shirt.

I'll be back when she's warming up!!! :peace:

cluffy,
Dave,

The glass stem I'm most interested in is 01999, but I can't really tell what's going on with the mouthpiece. Any chance of a close-up of that stem in particular? Thanks!

To all UD owners: join in me in buying out Dave's glass stem catalog so he's forced to refill it! All of the remaining 3/8" stems are really subtle with colors, which is cool too, but I want some more colorful options to complement the first stem I buy.

OKcomputer,
Mine is so near!! " Out for Delivery, December 30, 2011, 8:07 am" That was 2 Hours ago! Thanks for the fast shipping dave!

VaporBoxed,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Mine is saying out for Delivery as well. I've been watching the front of the house for the past hour, lol.

Gonzo,

underdog

Manufacturer
OKcomputer said:
Dave,

The glass stem I'm most interested in is 01999, but I can't really tell what's going on with the mouthpiece. Any chance of a close-up of that stem in particular? Thanks!

To all UD owners: join in me in buying out Dave's glass stem catalog so he's forced to refill it! All of the remaining 3/8" stems are really subtle with colors, which is cool too, but I want some more colorful options to complement the first stem I buy.

I'll get some more detailed pics of that one and the rest for you.. sorry been preoccupied and spaced it on that!

Here's a new pic to tide you over for a bit while I re-shoot pics of all the remaining pieces.
stem01999.jpg

It's kind of 'mellow yellow' one with a flattened end..

underdog,
Thanks Dave, keep em coming! The pic you posted, is that 01999? Definitely looks sweet, but the mouthpiece end looks different from the one on the site.

I appreciate you helping me out, even though I'm not one of your "official" customers yet.

OKcomputer,

underdog

Manufacturer
OKcomputer said:
Thanks Dave, keep em coming! The pic you posted, is that 01999? Definitely looks sweet, but the mouthpiece end looks different from the one on the site.

I appreciate you helping me out, even though I'm not one of your "official" customers yet.

Haha... that's what we're here for! Yeah that's 01999, I think the angle is just slightly different between pics so maybe it makes the mouthpiece end look a bit off. It's pretty challenging to get consistent, decent pics of glass but we do our best.

underdog,
Top Bottom