Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Gonzo said:
Sounds great Dave, excellent customer service as always!

Lost dogs are a great deal at $150.

I had a quick question for ya Dave. In the picture of your work desk at the top of this page is that a Hotbox that the Underbutter is sitting on? At first I thought it might be a secret Underdog Doghouse but then I found a Hotbox online that looked pretty similar and that made more sense :lol:

Nope, no Hotbox.. your first guess was right, it's a secret Underdog Doghouse prototype. I've got more awesome stuff laying around than I have time to show you guys. :p

OKcomputer said:
underdog said:
I think I have larger pics of the glass around here somewhere, if not I can take some for you. Can you tell me what pieces you want to see bigger pics of?

In the catalogue, it looks like there are only a few stems remaining of the 3/8" size. Any pics of those would be great. I know from reading the thread that they're all excellent quality, but I just want to differentiate colors/patterns etc. Thanks again!

Ok I'll see if I can dig up some bigger pics of the different pieces later this eve..

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
:o Dave you've been holding out on us. That thing is awesome! Any more info on it! At first I thought I was just very medicated :ko: and it had to be a hotbox. Then I took a closer look at the Hotbox and knew that couldn't be it. Any details? Was it just a trial or is that something coming down the pipe?

Gonzo,

underdog

Manufacturer
Gonzo said:
:o Dave you've been holding out on us. That thing is awesome! Any more info on it! At first I thought I was just very medicated :ko: and it had to be a hotbox. Then I took a closer look at the Hotbox and knew that couldn't be it. Any details? Was it just a trial or is that something coming down the pipe?

Hahaha.. yeah you caught me I've been holding out. :lol:

The Doghouse was a prototype I built a long time ago and have been thinking about revisiting one of these days if I ever have some spare time. It hits just like any other UD so performance wise there's not a difference between it and other pieces just style differences. I also made a forced air prototype for inflating bags but then decided I wasn't a bag kinda guy. I might revisit either or neither of them in the future depending on spare time like I said.. ;)

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Wow Dave.. A bag blowing UD... :o

Btw is the wider tubing on the twig caddy for the Dog house ?(between the two twigs infront - 2 pieces of tubing).
Is the DH (Doghouse) core wider than 3/8 ? I really love the paintings on the Box, i think you said they were done by your wife :) . Such an artistic family :brow:
Was the DH meant to be bagblowing :D..

Abysmal Vapor,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
The twigs are far too tempting indeed. I may have to put some things into the classifieds thread to buy one.
Dave are the twigs capable of 24/7 operation?..

I think I need a big variable voltage power supply as well.
The news that you can run many vapes off it is just what I'm after with a log vapes from every manufacturer and multiples of most...

Urge to buy more vaporizers I don't need growing.... :o ;)

psyshaman,
Abysmal Vapor said:

Btw is the wider tubing on the twig caddy for the Dog house ?(between the two twigs infront - 2 pieces of tubing).
Is the DH (Doghouse) core wider than 3/8 ? I really love the paintings on the Box, i think you said they were done by your wife :) . Such an artistic family :brow:

Are those paintings or wood grains?

And Physhaman, I know what you mean i just bought a Twig and a UD without even recieving The UD in the mail haha. The twigs are just to good of a deal to pass by.

VaporBoxed,

darkrom

Great Scott!
A bag blowing UD would be amazing. I'd buy that any day but I know how tricky it'll be to make a bag filler that meets Dave's (and mine :ko: ) high standards of safety and reliability.

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:

The wider tubing on the caddy is standard 3/8" tubing, the smaller stuff is 1/4". The Dog House uses 3/8" as it's based on that core. This DH isn't bagblowing just a standard passive type piece, think of it as a 'log in a box'.. :D

psyshaman said:
The twigs are far too tempting indeed. I may have to put some things into the classifieds thread to buy one.
Dave are the twigs capable of 24/7 operation?..

I think I need a big variable voltage power supply as well.
The news that you can run many vapes off it is just what I'm after with a log vapes from every manufacturer and multiples of most...

Urge to buy more vaporizers I don't need growing.... :o ;)

Yeah it's very handy to be able to run multiple pieces off the same power supply at the same time.. you can also get slightly more expensive power supplies that have 2 or more variable outputs so you can power multiple pieces at different voltages even.

VaporBoxed said:
Are those paintings or wood grains?

And Physhaman, I know what you mean i just bought a Twig and a UD without even recieving The UD in the mail haha. The twigs are just to good of a deal to pass by.

That DH has patterns painted on.. it's bland patternless Cherry wood otherwise.

darkrom said:
A bag blowing UD would be amazing. I'd buy that any day but I know how tricky it'll be to make a bag filler that meets Dave's (and mine :ko: ) high standards of safety and reliability.

Yeah you're right it was very hard to make a forced air one to the standards that I wanted and in the end I decided to focus on what I like to do most which is premium log style vapes.. I'll leave the bag-blowing to others. :brow:

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Do you think the orders will still ship out today Dave? Hoping to get mine before the weekend :ko: As if I don't have enough pup to keep me company already :cool:

Gonzo,

underdog

Manufacturer
Gonzo said:
Do you think the orders will still ship out today Dave? Hoping to get mine before the weekend :ko: As if I don't have enough pup to keep me company already :cool:

I'm working hard on getting the bottoms put on the last of these and getting them out today.. I'm hopeful they'll ship later this afternoon. Now, back to work for me.. :)

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
No need to rush perfection :D I start to get anxious every time I have a new pup coming. It's like the Christmas morning feeling as a child. Good to know can still find things to bring back long forgotten feelings.

Gonzo,

Abysmal Vapor

Gonzo said:
No need to rush perfection :D I start to get anxious every time I have a new pup coming. It's like the Christmas morning feeling as a child. Good to know can still find things to bring back long forgotten feelings.
Addict :lol: !

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Gonzo said:

Haha if you're waiting for perfection you'll be waiting a while.. likely forever.. ;)

I do my best though to provide as good a quality product as I can while having to work within a certain price range, not always easy or ideal let me tell you!

Very glad to be making pieces that you all appreciate so much though.. thanks for the support dudes and dudettes!

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

Dave you have higher standarts for perfection cause you are probably comparing pieces you make with the best you had.. We on our side can compare the UDs to our other numerous vapes... and none of them IMO is close to the beauty and artistic look of the UDs..
Thx for providing so much joy to the eye..

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Heya peeps.. happy to announce that all orders are now filled and headed out in the mail today.

All of you that placed orders should receive a confirmation email from the Post Office though I'm not sure when as their website has been slow sending them out lately. If you don't get one you can always email me directly for confirmation.

underdog,
underdog said:
Heya peeps.. happy to announce that all orders are now filled and headed out in the mail today.

All of you that placed orders should receive a confirmation email from the Post Office though I'm not sure when as their website has been slow sending them out lately. If you don't get one you can always email me directly for confirmation.

That is good news. I got my UD today and its such a unique hit for log vapes. There is literally no air constriction. Ill be posting a review/skim milk once i get my twig in the mail :D

VaporBoxed,

underdog

Manufacturer
VaporBoxed said:
underdog said:

That is good news. I got my UD today and its such a unique hit for log vapes. There is literally no air constriction. Ill be posting a review/skim milk once i get my twig in the mail :D

Awesome dude, glad it arrived safe and sound.

I think you'll find that it hits different than any other log, like you said unique. It could probably use to 'burn-in' for a few more days at 24/7 to finish evaporating out any loose walnut oil still lingering from finishing. Also let it get fully and totally warmed up for an hour or two then see how she hits if you haven't already.. :D

Anyways, hope you enjoy!

underdog,
I ripped it out of the package, plugged it in and it was producing thick vapor in ten minutes. It has been producing vapor as thick as my SV. Dave if you have never tried the SV it is one of the hardest hitting fattest cloud making vaporizers ever. But your UD hits just as hard and really met all of my expectations. The UD is just as good as the SV. Its gonna be my new daily driver for sure, now i can put away the torch and just plug my vaporizer in.

I have no need for my SV anymore. Im gonna be putting it up on the classifieds sometime this week.

VaporBoxed,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have to call shenanigans, sorry. There is no way in hell that a 10-minute warm up time could produce clouds anywhere even in the same league as the SV.

Luv my dog, but someone had to call bullshit. Can I call shenanigans and bullshit in the same post? :shrug: I defer to the mods.

:peace:

Stu,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Stu said:
I have to call shenanigans, sorry. There is no way in hell that a 10-minute warm up time could produce clouds anywhere even in the same league as the SV.

Luv my dog, but someone had to call bullshit. Can I call shenanigans and bullshit in the same post? :shrug: I defer to the mods.

I've had mine hit harder than my DBV after more like 15 minutes so it could be possible with the new core and a different wood idk? Maybe it was more like 15 min? I actually just unplugged my UD angrily because I hit it too hard and hurt my throat. I'm spoiled by using it with the aqua vape which I left somewhere tonight. Now a "dry dog" is really a hard hit (in a good way) but I hit it a little too confidently. I'm off to bed now.

darkrom,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I have never tried a Supreme but all my UD's hit as hard as the hottest setting I could stand vaping on with my LSV. Which is why my LSV now has a new owner. Not sure what species of wood he has but my Tupelo Goblet will heat up and produce large clouds much faster than either of my other pieces. I would agree with Darkrom that 15 is really all it takes with the Goblet. The Pint takes about 20 and the Queen is about 30-35 before I am seeing the kind of clouds I want. He may have just been off by a few minutes.

Gonzo,

underdog

Manufacturer
Gonzo said:
I have never tried a Supreme but all my UD's hit as hard as the hottest setting I could stand vaping on with my LSV. Which is why my LSV now has a new owner. Not sure what species of wood he has but my Tupelo Goblet will heat up and produce large clouds much faster than either of my other pieces. I would say agree with Darkrom that 15 is really all it takes with the Goblet. The other The Pint takes about 20 and the Queen is about 30-35 before I am seeing the kind of clouds I want. He may have just been off by a few minutes.

I've never seen an SV but it sounds like some serious praise, awesome!

VaporBoxed got the Koa piece which is a light-med density so should heat up pretty quick and with the new power supply depending on his grid voltage levels he could be heating up a couple minutes faster too.. just a thought. Any which way you look at it it sounds like a winner to me! :cool:

Once your Twig arrives VB you'll have to do some comparison testing for us... :brow:

underdog,
Stu said:

PROOF

This is not at ten minutes though. I just got back from the movie store so it had been plugged in for twenty minutes.. I didnt know it could be plugged in 24/7 so i will leave it plugged tonight. I feel like it hits like my supreme at 310 - 320. The milks should speak for themselves.

VaporBoxed,
Top Bottom