Underdog Log Vapes

My twig just arrived :D . Haven't tried it yet, still warming up. What are all these accessories used for (the long stick, short stick, and the little silicone piece [does it fit on the stem?])?

MyNameisNotAlex,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
MyNameisNotAlex said:
My twig just arrived :D . Haven't tried it yet, still warming up. What are all these accessories used for (the long stick, short stick, and the little silicone piece [does it fit on the stem?])?

Hey MNiNA.. the accessories you're talking about are the screen kit. The little silicone piece is used for doming screens before you insert them with the short stick into a stem. The long stick is for pushing a screen all the way through the stem to get it out. If you follow the link below to the website and click the picture there are a series of pictures that show how to do it.

http://www.underdogvapes.com/catalog/accessories/screen-kit/

Thanks and enjoy!

underdog,
underdog said:
MyNameisNotAlex said:

Hey MNiNA.. the accessories you're talking about are the screen kit. The little silicone piece is used for doming screens before you insert them with the short stick into a stem. The long stick is for pushing a screen all the way through the stem to get it out. If you follow the link below to the website and click the picture there are a series of pictures that show how to do it.

http://www.underdogvapes.com/catalog/accessories/screen-kit/

Thanks and enjoy!

Ah, thanks :)

MyNameisNotAlex,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
My Twigs just got here as well, heating up as I type. Gotta say that these are some beautiful pieces. Also really glad to have the Goblet back. Great service Dave, super fast shipping.

Gonzo,
Alright guys heres my video as promised. Man i gotta say im very pleased with my purchase. These vapes are beautiful and very efficient. My quest to find the perfect vaporizer has been long and quite expensive but i think i have found the one that will fulfill me needs. I started with a MFLB. It was just a teaser. The small amounts of vapor and the amount of effort i put into it were just unsatisfying. I bought the MZ before they decided to go with ceramic and i was slightly dissapointed. My zap ran kind of cold and didnt give me that cbn high i wanted. I ended up ruining my zap by using too high of an adaptor.

I then got the EQ. For some reason i just didnt like the design. I found myself spilling weed everywhere and getting weak clouds. I ended up breaking this as a result of trying to mod it. I got the Supreme and the Omicron. Now these vapes are very efficient. The Supreme however requires torching and could result in burning of weed or skin or anything it touched. It really is not an ideal peice for a peaceful session. I got the UD because its a log vape that runs sorta hot and produced clouds like no other log i saw on the market.

So thanks dave for the awesome product. You could add all of my vids to your playlist if youd like.

heres my last video. Video

VaporBoxed,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
^^
Nice Vid. So, are you using 3 different log-vapes there or just 2 (using the 1st twice?)

J.R.R.Tokin',

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Cool video's man, loving the Mobius as well.

Is that the matrix perc?

How would you say the Dog compares to the Zap in terms of bowl-size?

OhTheAgony,
I just used 2 vapes. Its the Mobius Matrix ion, and i love it. The Dog bowl i say is twice the size of the zap stems. What i love about the UD stem is that the bowl size is really up to you.

VaporBoxed,

underdog

Manufacturer
VaporBoxed said:
Alright guys heres my video as promised. Man i gotta say im very pleased with my purchase. These vapes are beautiful and very efficient. My quest to find the perfect vaporizer has been long and quite expensive but i think i have found the one that will fulfill me needs. I started with a MFLB. It was just a teaser. The small amounts of vapor and the amount of effort i put into it were just unsatisfying. I bought the MZ before they decided to go with ceramic and i was slightly dissapointed. My zap ran kind of cold and didnt give me that cbn high i wanted. I ended up ruining my zap by using too high of an adaptor.

I then got the EQ. For some reason i just didnt like the design. I found myself spilling weed everywhere and getting weak clouds. I ended up breaking this as a result of trying to mod it. I got the Supreme and the Omicron. Now these vapes are very efficient. The Supreme however requires torching and could result in burning of weed or skin or anything it touched. It really is not an ideal peice for a peaceful session. I got the UD because its a log vape that runs sorta hot and produced clouds like no other log i saw on the market.

So thanks dave for the awesome product. You could add all of my vids to your playlist if youd like.

heres my last video. Video

Hey VB glad you're enjoying your Dogs, I try hard to make quality pieces and it makes me feel it is all worth it when I hear (or see) people happily using their UDs!

I watched your video and meant to say something but forgot but now your second video reminded me. Are you keeping the 'lid' on your Koa piece? I ask cause it's not a lid and it might trap enough heat to make the piece overheat, not a certainty just a possibility. It was intended to be a toy, a spinning top.. not a lid like top. :cool: Either way glad you're finding a use for it.. I imagine putting it on top of the piece probably boosts the temps a bit which is why I mention the overheating possibility.

I know the mods don't like us talking 'glass talk' in the threads, maybe you could message me and tell me what that cool glass you're using is?

underdog,
Actually haha ive been using it sorta like a boost mode. Maybe i shouldnt though. Ive been leaving it on for like ten minutes at a time and its been producing huge clouds. I will be messaging you shortly.

VaporBoxed,

underdog

Manufacturer
VaporBoxed said:
Actually haha ive been using it sorta like a boost mode. Maybe i shouldnt though. Ive been leaving it on for like ten minutes at a time and its been producing huge clouds. I will be messaging you shortly.

Ah, probably perfect for a 'boost mode' type use.. I don't see a problem with that, just didn't want you leaving it on 24/7.

underdog,

cluffy

Vaker
Yep, no first video for me... nice one, VB. :) My bong is not so elegant (usual bong is at a friend's, had to use Franken-Bong) BUT I also threw in a Saturn hit!!!

ENJOY!!! TWIG DAY!

cluffy,

underdog

Manufacturer
Woohoo! Looks like a bunch of people are getting Twigs in the mail today!

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Here are the new members of the pack

Tiny

img0469hb.jpg

Slim

img0470q.jpg

Group Photo

img0473r.jpg

Gonzo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Lots of nice wood pictures here on FC tonight, this can't be good for me wallet... :rolleyes:

I can't believe how tiny that first one is Gonzo, they all use the same heater core?

OhTheAgony,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Yup, all have the updated 24/7 core. The finish on these new pieces is smoother than my 3 original pieces. Not sure if it is because of wood species Or if Dave is using a different finishing process. After a few stems through each, we both agree Tiny may take over as the new daily driver. Don't let his size fool you, he packs a punch. Will attempt to record one of his performances later.

Gonzo,

underdog

Manufacturer
Gonzo said:
Yup, all have the updated 24/7 core. The finish on these new pieces is smoother than my 3 original pieces. Not sure if it is because of wood species Or if Dave is using a different finishing process. After a few stems through each, we both agree Tiny may take over as the new daily driver. Don't let his size fool you, he packs a punch. Will attempt to record one of his performances later.

I am using a different finishing process but it's very similar to the old one.. the difference between the finish on your older pieces might just be that being older they've been handled more which wears the finish down. Then again who knows it could be that or process changes or different wood types.. so many variables. I am always trying to find new techniques though and it's a struggle to get the best finish possible while keeping with all food safe finish ingredients. If these were just art pieces and not vapes I'd be using finishes that'd be much much nicer and better lasting but not gonna happen for vapes unless it's a special request on a custom piece or something.

Glad Tiny has found a good home with you guys. I think the gap/inclusion would have been a turn-off to a lot of people but I like it that way.. :peace:

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
We all have our cuts and bruises, gives it character (IMO). My wife loves it BTW. Time for me to
sit back and watch everyone else adopt pups now.

Gonzo,

underdog

Manufacturer
Gonzo said:
We all have our cuts and bruises, gives it character (IMO). My wife loves it BTW. Time for me to
sit back and watch everyone else adopt pups now.

I don't know dude, I've got a Koa Lost Dog coming out of the shop today that's really really pretty... :D

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I saw a Zap tonight with like half a tree trunk on it and thought that was a bit much for my taste, but little gaps like that just make it more unique imo too.

Could you perhaps explain what exactly burl is Dave? I really like woods with burl in it -especially really light or ambrosia colored- but I don't get what it is. I think I've seen several species wit this beautiful pattern in it?

OhTheAgony,

underdog

Manufacturer
OhTheAgony said:
I saw a Zap tonight with like half a tree trunk on it and thought that was a bit much for my taste, but little gaps like that just make it more unique imo too.

Could you perhaps explain what exactly burl is Dave? I really like woods with burl in it -especially really light or ambrosia colored- but I don't get what it is. I think I've seen several species wit this beautiful pattern in it?

Sure, I'll take a quick shot at it but then I'm headed out to a family gathering so I'll be gone most of the evening.

A burl is basically a deformation in a tree usually caused by some kind of trauma whether it's a physical injury, bug infestation, infection or illness. The trauma causes the wood to grow in irregular patterns and shapes somewhat like scar tissue on people.

The wiki page on burls has some good info if you're hungry for more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burl

Alright talk to you all later...

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Cool info, thanks!

I saw these tumor like things on trees before but I never imagined these ugly things could look so good after a little shaving or whatnot.

Enjoy your evening!

OhTheAgony,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Just hooked Tiny up to the new power supply that Dave is using with his pieces and all I can say is WOW! Noticeable thicker clouds from earlier today with the original power supply. Anybody else having these results with the new power supply?

Gonzo,

underdog

Manufacturer
VaporBoxed said:
So can i leave the twig plugged in 24/7?

Yeah you can leave it on 24/7... if you don't plan on using it daily then you might not want to just to save some wear and tear though.

underdog,
Top Bottom