Underdog Log Vapes

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Glairige said:
this is a complete non-sequitur, so please feel free to shoot me down if necessary. Would it be possible to make a power supply or a DC trans that could provide reliable 12V 1amp DC power to multiple vapes? It'd be nice to have a 1 plug multi-vape solution to power a plethora of different vapes. Anyone know of something like this?

e994ko.jpg

I think there is what you looking for in that picture but i don't know which exactly it is :D

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Glairige said:
this is a complete non-sequitur, so please feel free to shoot me down if necessary. Would it be possible to make a power supply or a DC trans that could provide reliable 12V 1amp DC power to multiple vapes? It'd be nice to have a 1 plug multi-vape solution to power a plethora of different vapes. Anyone know of something like this?

Yep very possible and multiple ways to go about it..

I'm probably going to be adding a higher power power supply to the website along with a splitter to run 2 or more vapes from the same supply here pretty soon.

You can also run multiple pieces from a bench power supply with the appropriate splitter cable, right now I've got 10 pieces running on my bench supply.. pretty convenient let me tell you!

If you're interested in a bench supply I've had good luck with these ones:
MASTECH HY1803D on Amazon
MASTECH HY3006D on Amazon

underdog,
Hi Dave,

I'm a PD owner and I'm interested in your glass stems. According to your post, the 3/8" UD stems are compatible with the PD, but I just had a couple of questions.

I guess I'm having some trouble picturing how the silicone bowl will mate to the heat port on the PD. Does it basically just slide over the outside of the PD heat port, or does it actually slide into it? Maybe a picture would help, if anyone has a PD along with some UD stems.

How large is the bowl capacity compared to a PD bowl? (This might be a question for others besides Dave, not sure if he's used a PD or PD stems.)

Are PD stems compatible with UD vapes?

Approximately how long are the glass tubes you sell? Looks like they vary, but what's the approximate range?

Is it possible to commission a custom glass tube? Not looking to do anything super complicated or break the bank. It'd probably be along the lines of pointing to one of your existing tubes and saying "how about this color instead?"

You mentioned that using UD glass tubes with a PD may actually increase the PD's performance. In what way(s)?

Also, as if it needs repeating: Your vapes are absolutely beautiful. If I hadn't been so mesmerized by the enormous PD thread upon finding FC, I probably would have purchased a UD instead of a PD as my first vape. Part of why I'm interested in buying UD glass right now is because it's looking likely that the UD will be my next vape, even if that's years down the road.

Thanks in advance for considering the litany of questions!

OKcomputer,

Abysmal Vapor

OKcomputer said:
Hi Dave,

I'm a PD owner and I'm interested in your glass stems. According to your post, the 3/8" UD stems are compatible with the PD, but I just had a couple of questions.

I guess I'm having some trouble picturing how the silicone bowl will mate to the heat port on the PD. Does it basically just slide over the outside of the PD heat port, or does it actually slide into it? Maybe a picture would help, if anyone has a PD along with some UD stems.

How large is the bowl capacity compared to a PD bowl? (This might be a question for others besides Dave, not sure if he's used a PD or PD stems.)

Approximately how long are the glass tubes you sell? Looks like they vary, but what's the approximate range?

Is it possible to commission a custom glass tube? Not looking to do anything super complicated or break the bank. It'd probably be along the lines of pointing to one of your existing tubes and saying "how about this color instead?"

You mentioned that using UD glass tubes with a PD may actually increase the PD's performance. In what way(s)?

Also, as if it needs repeating: Your vapes are absolutely beautiful. If I hadn't been so mesmerized by the enormous PD thread upon finding FC, I probably would have purchased a UD instead of a PD as my first vape. Part of why I'm interested in buying UD glass right now is because it's looking likely that the UD will be my next vape, even if that's years down the road.

I can help you with some :).
Well i dont have a PD but UD stems are basicly silicon sleeves in that you tuck in the heating port. The Bowl size is adjustable as you move the screen.
Silicon stems have super sucktion ,that could increase the PD effectiveness cause it will make more airtight seal than SS stems i am guessing.

Abysmal Vapor,
Abysmal Vapor said:
Well i dont have a PD but UD stems are basicly silicon sleeves in that you tuck in the heating port.

So then will the herb be sitting above the PD heat port, instead of inside it as it works with PD stems?

OKcomputer,

Abysmal Vapor

OKcomputer said:
Abysmal Vapor said:
Well i dont have a PD but UD stems are basicly silicon sleeves in that you tuck in the heating port.

So then will the herb be sitting above the PD heat port, instead of inside it as it works with PD stems?
UD silicon sleeves embrace the heating port . I am not familiar with the PD core .. but i think the answer is yes.
If you fear about heat loss due to the longer distance to the herb, don't worry IMO the super suction will benefit the heat transfer and has if none superior at least the same performance + you will get more convection less conduction..which might result in purer experience..

Abysmal Vapor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I just told my buddy about the lost dogs. I need to get him on this before he tells me hes broke!

I'm waiting on a CF twig, but damn those lost twigs are tempting LOL

darkrom,

cluffy

Vaker
Nice to wake up to Twig pics!! Though I was hoping for Black Walnut, that Blue Mahoe piece caught my eye. Blue Mahoe is the official tree of Jamaica mon!!!! So if this is where we call dibs (I did get my email in on 11/17 :-) ), I guess that's my call. Price MAY be an issue but I think I can swing it. It's my 17th day without a cigarette, I owe it to myself to splurge!! :brow:

cluffy,

underdog

Manufacturer
OKcomputer said:
Hi Dave,

Hi OKcomputer - Abysmal already answered your one question but I'll cover it anyways. The UD silicone stem fits over the outside of the heatport tube instead of fitting inside it. The tight seal provided by the silicone results in much higher efficiency and I'm sure will work better with the PD than the original stems do.

As far as bowl size is concerned a standard loaded UD stem hold approximately the same amount a PD stem does though the UD stem has the capacity to hold considerably more if you desire because of the larger diameter of the tube. So you can load similar to a PD or more, your choice.. either performs equally well.

I use 2 sizes of tubing for the core's inner-tube, one the PD stem will fit inside of and seems to work fine but the other a PD stem is close enough to the same size that it just butts up against it and doesn't fit inside or outside. In the future the vast majority of UD pieces will have the size core that works with PD stems, older ones are the ones that may not.

Our glass stems are 3" to 4" long and I can take custom orders but when I order it has to be in bulk so any specials have to wait until I'm ready to place a bulk order too. Special requests are usually priced the same as the rest of the glass though on occasion ends up being $5-$10 more if my glass guy feels they were extra hard to make.

I think I covered it above why the silicone stems are more efficient but again it's because of the increased seal and suction and the larger diameter stem with unrestricted airflow doesn't hurt either.

Hope this answers all your questions, if not you know where to find me. ;)

@cluffy - if you want the Mahoe one it's yours.. there will also be some Walnut ones coming soon I hope.. either way you're good.

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
MyNameisNotAlex said:
How do I go about buying one of the Lost Dogs? How much are they? Do I just shoot an email to you, Dave?

,thanks

They aren't listed on the website so you'd need to message me directly and tell me which one you want then I'll send you a PayPal invoice for that and any accessories you might order. When you message me include a link to the pic of the one you want if possible.

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

MyNameisNotAlex said:
How do I go about buying one of the Lost Dogs? How much are they? Do I just shoot an email to you, Dave?

,thanks
Nice first post dude ! Welcome to the pack :p. You will love the dog.

Abysmal Vapor,

propjoe

hell yea you'll love it. the first thing i do when i get home from work is plug in my UD.
i'll leave it plugged in all day when i am home. i'm loving the UD since I got mine a couple of weeks ago.

i have a quick question...sometimes some of my herbs will get stuck inside of the heat chamber thing. i have thin wood stick that i've used to get some out. would knocking on the side of the UD to get what is stuck out going to do harm to my UD?

propjoe,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Maaaann the more twigs you post...the more I get tempted!! I've been waiting for the cloud but wow your latest work is looking great!

That dyed prototype is very intriguing...going to be very interested in where you take this!

MarcellusWiley,

underdog

Manufacturer
propjoe said:
hell yea you'll love it. the first thing i do when i get home from work is plug in my UD.
i'll leave it plugged in all day when i am home. i'm loving the UD since I got mine a couple of weeks ago.

i have a quick question...sometimes some of my herbs will get stuck inside of the heat chamber thing. i have thin wood stick that i've used to get some out. would knocking on the side of the UD to get what is stuck out going to do harm to my UD?

Knocking on the side of your UD shouldn't hurt it no worries. Where is herb getting stuck? Down in the center heat-core tube on the screen? If so then tapping on the side of the UD might knock it free or blowing hard on it, the longer it's there the easier it usually comes out. I wouldn't suggest poking at it too much as you might push it into the heating element or something though..

underdog,

propjoe

underdog said:
propjoe said:

Knocking on the side of your UD shouldn't hurt it no worries. Where is herb getting stuck? Down in the center heat-core tube on the screen? If so then tapping on the side of the UD might knock it free or blowing hard on it, the longer it's there the easier it usually comes out. I wouldn't suggest poking at it too much as you might push it into the heating element or something though..

yeah, in the center of the heat core. i knock it lightly and blow it out too. i tread lightly with the wooden stick too. i'm holding the UD upside down when i use a stick to get out the little bit of herb there. it's not like it happens everytime either.

propjoe,

cluffy

Vaker
Alright!!! Pulled the proverbial trigger on the Blue Mahoe!! :brow: Gonna be a Happy New Year!!!!

Thanks again Dave!!! :peace:

cluffy,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Just did the same, Dave you are the man (In a good way, :lol:). Can't wait to see it.

Gonzo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Love the looks of the new dogs!

I'm soo tempted to ask for the price for the curvy lost Ash puppy, perhaps it's best if I do not know.. :rolleyes:

OhTheAgony,
underdog said:
Our glass stems are 3" to 4" long and I can take custom orders but when I order it has to be in bulk so any specials have to wait until I'm ready to place a bulk order too. Special requests are usually priced the same as the rest of the glass though on occasion ends up being $5-$10 more if my glass guy feels they were extra hard to make.

Awesome. Do you have any estimate of when the next bulk order will go out? It'll help me decide whether to wait a little for a custom piece or purchase one from the catalogue now. Also, is there any chance that you have some larger pictures of the 3/8" glass tubes that are still available? And just to confirm, it's 3/8" that's compatible w/ the PD, right?

Thanks again.

OKcomputer,

underdog

Manufacturer
propjoe said:
yeah, in the center of the heat core. i knock it lightly and blow it out too. i tread lightly with the wooden stick too. i'm holding the UD upside down when i use a stick to get out the little bit of herb there. it's not like it happens everytime either.

Sounds like a good technique to me, I don't think you'll have any problems..

OhTheAgony said:
Love the looks of the new dogs!
I'm soo tempted to ask for the price for the curvy lost Ash puppy, perhaps it's best if I do not know.. :rolleyes:

All the Lost Dogs are $150 and include all the standard kit and Free Shipping. :brow:

OKcomputer said:
Awesome. Do you have any estimate of when the next bulk order will go out? It'll help me decide whether to wait a little for a custom piece or purchase one from the catalogue now. Also, is there any chance that you have some larger pictures of the 3/8" glass tubes that are still available? And just to confirm, it's 3/8" that's compatible w/ the PD, right?

Thanks again.

I think it will probably be another couple months maybe before I order another batch of glass stems, at least that's my plan for now.. and yes the 3/8" stems are the ones that are compatible with the PD. :)

I think I have larger pics of the glass around here somewhere, if not I can take some for you. Can you tell me what pieces you want to see bigger pics of?

Oh and for everyone who's got an order in I'm working on packaging them up and everything and they should be able to ship out tomorrow.. thanks!

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Sounds great Dave, excellent customer service as always!

Lost dogs are a great deal at $150.

I had a quick question for ya Dave. In the picture of your work desk at the top of this page is that a Hotbox that the Underbutter is sitting on? At first I thought it might be a secret Underdog Doghouse but then I found a Hotbox online that looked pretty similar and that made more sense :lol:

Gonzo,
underdog said:
I think I have larger pics of the glass around here somewhere, if not I can take some for you. Can you tell me what pieces you want to see bigger pics of?

In the catalogue, it looks like there are only a few stems remaining of the 3/8" size. Any pics of those would be great. I know from reading the thread that they're all excellent quality, but I just want to differentiate colors/patterns etc. Thanks again!

OKcomputer,
Top Bottom