Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Yeah very hard and dense, very blunting on tools. It's very rare wood and unheard of to find two-tone and spalted so this one is really one of a kind.

A Dog and movie night sounds like a good idea.. hmmm.. :rockon:

Here's a nice Movingui piece, tons of chatoyance!
5vy6iv.jpg

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Sweet lord, Dog! I have more dogs than I can possibly use, yet I want more...........there is something intoxicating about beautiful wood, especially so when it is in a practical user context. Just beautiful stuff, on a level with my lifelong love of string instruments and their various woods. Thanks for your art, craft and great CS!!!

underdog

Manufacturer
Sweet lord, Dog! I have more dogs than I can possibly use, yet I want more...........there is something intoxicating about beautiful wood, especially so when it is in a practical user context. Just beautiful stuff, on a level with my lifelong love of string instruments and their various woods. Thanks for your art, craft and great CS!!!

Thank you for the support! :bowdown:

Starting to run low on pics of new pieces but I'm going to keep it up till I'm completely out lol.

Tiger Striped Walnut
bfhvkk.jpg

underdog

Manufacturer
Good to know, you're killing me with that wenge stump. Plus I've already got a friend who wants his own dog :lol:

Excellent (in my best Mr Burns voice). There should be plenty of Dogs to go around. :cool:

I was hoping to have the pieces up a bit early but the weather has been real uncooperative around here the last week.

Here's a super holographic Wanut Pup..
fz3ct5.jpg

underdog

Manufacturer
Definitely need more teasers :) @underdog

This is the last pic I have right now but there will be some of the Dogs I'm finishing in the shop here in the next hour or two.. hope this can tide you guys over till then. :brow:

Midi sized Banksia Pod. This Holiday Sale will most likely feature the last of the Pods that I'll be doing since I've started developing a sensitivity to the sawdust created by turning them. Anyone who's wanted a PodDog would be well served to pick one up then.
15hfp6g.jpg

indicandescent

Dismembered Member
I have to say I'm digging the grooves and the recent... less traditional looking dogs? That semi square one you posted recently, the square custom you made for somebody a bit back. I'm sure it takes extra time to plan these pieces and work them but it is super cool to see these. Hope to see more unique dogs, like, all the time.

underdog

Manufacturer
I have to say I'm digging the grooves and the recent... less traditional looking dogs? That semi square one you posted recently, the square custom you made for somebody a bit back. I'm sure it takes extra time to plan these pieces and work them but it is super cool to see these. Hope to see more unique dogs, like, all the time.

Thanks @indicandescent we enjoy making the unique ones, glad you like them! They do take a bit more time but they're fun.

The thick groove ones look real nice. What about more smooth grooves, or ripples? But deeper like these grooves. Waves, I guess. I don't know, I'm high. That shit looks good, man. Thanks for posting all these pics. It's so cool.

Thanks man! We've made ones like that in the past and still do on occasion.. they're called Ripple Twigs on the site. I like making those and more squared grooves about the same.

Here's a Madrone piece that I harvested from the forest here this summer. (As I tend to regularly say) Madrone is one of my favorite trees and the wood is awesome (if a pain to work sometimes).
15yt4xg.jpg

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dogs we're working on getting the Holiday Sale up on the site, baring unforeseen technical difficulties it should be live in a few hours so stay tuned.

You're probably all bored of my teasers by now but I'm going to throw a couple more up anyways. :borg:

Here's a rare beast - full size Hopea Stone Burl.
20pvbk1.jpg

underdog

Manufacturer
The grooves in that bocote dog really add another dimension to the grain. I'm definitely not tired of teasers, so if you have more please keep them coming @underdog

They sure do! Yet another reason that I like grooves.. :cool:

We're close to having things ready to go live but are starting to run out of gas and slow down.. been at it since 5am so I guess that makes sense lol.

While we struggle on here's another teaser: Chico Olive
2vtttuw.jpg

underdog

Manufacturer
Alright Dogs, as @mucsusn pointed out the Holiday Sale is up and live.

We're dead tired so we'll be crawling under our desks now and not coming out till tomorrow.

The Micros, etc aren't up yet since we ran out of time and still need a few pictures, we'll do our best to get those done and up tomorrow eve.

Until then, party on and enjoy! :cheers:

Top Bottom