Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
woohoo! my mom and her husband are trying to quit combusting, and after i showed them my dog, i helped my mom order one of the maple birthday vapes! i got myself a stainless steel stem and a NonG too ;)

quick question: will it be any problem if the wall wart was plugged into an extension cord? there are only a couple of outlets in the garage/smoking room.

Thanks for the referral, word of mouth is the only way we 'advertise' so it's super important to us and we always appreciate it. :)

No problem at all to use an extension cord, either from the wall to the wall-wart (standard AC extension cord) or from the wall-wart to the Dog (DC extension cord like on our website). An AC extension cord won't cause any changes in operation unless it's ridiculously long (ie, hundreds of feet). A DC extension will result in a little temperature loss but I don't think that's the kind of cord you're talking about using. :2c:

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dogs, just dropping by to throw some teasers out of stuff I've been working on in the shop..

Starting to gear up for the upcoming Holiday Sale with some nice matched sets of Dogs and other fun things. Here's some of the stuff that's done already, lots more in the pipeline of course.

Amboyna Burl Dog and Mini (thanks @Snappo for the wood)
34pjb0i.jpg

A 'Pod' Pyramid and matching Mini
2s9yupy.jpg

Another 'Pod' Dog and matching Mini
2ufag6c.jpg

Some exotic and fancy Minis
2ish85j.jpg

and finally (for now) some Midis, aka 'Shorties'. These are sized somewhere between Minis and regular Dogs but all have Standard Cores with cartridges. They'll be for advanced users only (like Minis) and priced somewhere between Minis and Standards. These make great travel Dogs.
t9vdag.jpg

BrotherJoseph

Hey Dogs, just dropping by to throw some teasers out of stuff I've been working on in the shop..

Starting to gear up for the upcoming Holiday Sale with some nice matched sets of Dogs and other fun things. Here's some of the stuff that's done already, lots more in the pipeline of course.

34pjb0i.jpg

2s9yupy.jpg

2ufag6c.jpg

2ish85j.jpg

and finally (for now) some Midis, aka 'Shorties'. These are sized somewhere between Minis and regular Dogs but all have Standard Cores with cartridges. They'll be for advanced users only (like Minis) and priced somewhere between Minis and Standards. These make great travel Dogs.
t9vdag.jpg

Oh my god! :whoa:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker

34pjb0i.jpg

2s9yupy.jpg

2ufag6c.jpg

2ish85j.jpg

t9vdag.jpg
:rockon::clap::bowdown::love::nod:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Oh my god is right! Those are spectacular. You know, it's one thing to have efficient ways to use your herb, but you, the folks at epicvape and RBT just add that little element of humanity to the whole process. A little bit of tech, a lot of ingenuity and TLC..........good stuff!!!

underdog

Manufacturer
also, would the 18/19mm titanium joint stem be used in this application? sorry for the questions, never used water stuff before

Yes, if the D020-D has a 18/19 female joint then the 18/19 NonG or 18/19 Ti Joint should both work with it just fine. Functionally the NonG and Ti Joint are the same, just different materials and style. :2c:

BrotherJoseph

One more testimonial to add to the plethora, but I just wanted to say how much I appreciate @underdogette & @underdog (in that order on purpose because she's the one that always has to put up with all of my ridiculous emails). I recently had a warranty issue with my daily driver/favorite pup and sadly had to put her down. A few emails later and a brand new dog is on its way, and I haven't even sent in the old one yet. There isn't another vape company that takes care of you in such a personal way as these two, I promise. Thanks again, you guys are amazing.

Gigsabits53

Curious as to how this works with the J-hook. I have a J-hook that I ordered with my Lotus, can I use that with the Underdog? Do you just use a stem in the hook with the dog upside down?

Gigsabits53,

Max1045

Yeah, I'm curious as well. The J-hook looks cool, but I have a hard time visualizing how to use it. It looks like it's meant to be used with the underdog sitting upright, but I wouldn't want to have little bits of herb falling into my heater core when I stopped drawing.

Max1045,

nacho257

Yeah, I'm curious as well. The J-hook looks cool, but I have a hard time visualizing how to use it. It looks like it's meant to be used with the underdog sitting upright, but I wouldn't want to have little bits of herb falling into my heater core when I stopped drawing.
What Madcap said. You invert the UD, same as if you were using it with a WPA on a bubbler. Except way tastier :cool:

fågel

᚛ᚓᚐᚅ᚜
i'm happy to report that the UD i helped pick out for my family is working out well! it's managed to convert an almost lifelong smoker :) my mom is still having a little trouble but i'm hopeful that with time she will learn how to best use it for herself. i'm thinking of drawing a temp/abv chart for them to reference so they can better learn about how vaporizing and their UD work.

Max1045

Hey guys! I've only had my UD for a few weeks at this point, and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed a period where the UD's max temperature started to increase. The first few sessions without the extension cord were running a lot cooler than my most recent ones. This evening I was taking a slow draw and charred some herb in the gong for the first time.

Anyway, just wanted to ask! What a great vape, though. Never has less done more. :peace:

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Hey guys! I've only had my UD for a few weeks at this point, and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed a period where the UD's max temperature started to increase. The first few sessions without the extension cord were running a lot cooler than my most recent ones. This evening I was taking a slow draw and charred some herb in the gong for the first time.

Anyway, just wanted to ask! What a great vape, though. Never has less done more. :peace:

Even after they reach working temperature, the larger/denser pieces can take a little longer to fully peak in temperature.. You can try and gauge how "heat-soaked" your log is based on how warm/cool the wood body is.. If you typically plug your vape in just for the session, you might not notice it running that hot every time, depending on how long it ultimately stays plugged in, and how soon you start using it after plugging it in.

underdog

Manufacturer
i'm happy to report that the UD i helped pick out for my family is working out well! it's managed to convert an almost lifelong smoker :) my mom is still having a little trouble but i'm hopeful that with time she will learn how to best use it for herself. i'm thinking of drawing a temp/abv chart for them to reference so they can better learn about how vaporizing and their UD work.

So glad to hear it's working out for them so far! A chart would be great to make for your mom, if you do you should share it with the rest of us too. :tup:

I've got a couple possible causes for that, you can choose the one you like the most.. :D

1) As the Dog first breaks in it's normal for the contact points between the core and the wooden body to form a slight/thin layer of char (carbon) from the heat of that direct contact. This carbon layer acts as thermal insulation between the core and body and so traps more heat in the core. This can cause running temps to increase slightly. It's a bit hard to predict this because different wood species have different thermal properties and char differently, etc. :science:

2) It's possible as the season changes that the power grid in your local area sees a slight voltage increase and this can translate to slightly higher running temps. In our area for example as the weather cools the use of air conditioners stops and that really has an affect on the grid here. :shrug:

3) Your Dog is actually alien technology and is generating more heat-energy than it consumes. :borg:

The above effects are usually offset by the normal behavior of heating elements running slightly cooler after a break in period but sometimes a Dog can end up a slight bit cooler or warmer after that initial period when the variables aren't equal.

Top Bottom