Underdog Log Vapes

thanks but no on the cocaine days more the conservative dosage days mixed in with a little obsessive i like stuff uniform i don't want to mess around with scales that is a bit overboard even for me.

Willuminati,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Ill be honest, I do the whole "Lines of weed" bit when I fill solo stems because its tough to suck up exactly the right amount of green from a pile.

Never tried the real deal though. I just know I'd like it too much.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
The UD continuously kicks my ass, I am head over heels in love with my dog. I am having difficulty using it with a water pipe. I can not seem to make it work - all my glass is 18mm, I have one 14mm low rise adapter and I can't seem to get a good seal. Any advice? Also, is a simple shake and blow of air good enough to clean out any particles that fell into the heater core or will they just burn off on their own. I apologize for not searching back in the thread but I'm traveling and only have tapatalk on my s3 so my search ability is restricted. So if these questions have been addressed please don't break my stones... Lol thanks everyone

mvapes,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey Dogs, the website is functional again and just processed it's first order since being 'reborn'. Not any vapes on it right now but we're uploading those as I type so they should be in place soon.

We'll be adding additional accessories, etc to the site over the week or two and also making adjustments and tweaks here and there so if anyone notices any bugs, errors, etc please send Underdogette a message.

The shop has an official pet now, a dude that showed a couple days ago. He was hiding in my welding helmet and I discovered him as I went to put it on, lucky for both of us I looked in it before doing so. :o
Anyways he's staying in a jar now and hopefully won't be getting into trouble, I've named him Pinchy after Homer and his lobster of the same name.

Pinchy:

pinchy1.JPG

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, I'm not sad we don't have those around here :uhoh:

They're suppose to be good roasted over a fire though :evil:

Is it Pinchy poisonous?

The new website looks slick :tup:

It is loading a bit slow for me though, but that might be on my end too, not sure.

Did one of you guys here picked up that Ambrosia Maple stump?

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
They had those in the hill country in Texas. I would spray Raid Roach Spray on their them. It would annoy them making them think something was attacking them... so they attack back and they would tart stinging their own back. They end up killing themselves that way.

Slightly Medicated,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Agreed, the new layout is looking good!

I'm getting my Friday Foggage on right now, watching Futurama on Netflix and kicking back with my feet up after a long day. And damn, does it feel good. I attempted to capture me vaping my second stem on video for you all, but something's up with the camcorder on my phone.:shrug: Still to come.

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Well, it's been a crazy week! Glad you all like the new website - I am liking it a lot too! From the back end as well as the front. Much cleaner, more automated and some nice improvements.

Like Dave said, please PM me if you run into any issues or find any bugs.

:party:

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Wow Pinchy is a fine specimen! Exoskeletons are fascinating but I'm from the Northeast and that thing scares the poop outta me.

Thanks for carrying the torch where Rick left off Dog :)

Steele Concept,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
One of the things I love about my UD is I can load however much I want. As little as just a pinch, all the way up to full and a little packed. It's probably about .15g-.2g fully loaded like this, I should weigh it next time. I stir between every hit (habit with all my vapes), and I can't emphasize how effortless it is now to cash a bowl with the VVPS.

Anyone who isn't completely satisfied with their UD on the stock supply should really consider picked up a new PS. Don't get me wrong, I was happy with mine on the stock 12v adapter, but I wanted that extra OOMPH and boy did I get it :p

BigBurlyBill

Burly Member
Hey guys. It's been a while since I last posted. I've been really enjoying walking my dog, "Father Time". Haha I've come to ask you guys about how you will load your herb. Do you simply grind it and then suck it up into the tube? Is there another way to do this? I'm simply not sure on how much you can actually load, and if a more compressed load would hurt the overall vaping. Thanks.

p.s. Pictures are always a plus. ;)

p.p.s Nice scorpion Dave! I would be quite nervous around one personally, but he looks pretty cool. :lol:

djonkoman

with the PD I used to use the sucking-straw method too, but for the UD I find that less convenient since the bowl has a bigger diameter. (the PD-stem also fits just between the teeth on my grinder, so that made that method even easier)
with the UD I dump out some out my grinder, often on my hand, exce[t if my hand is a bit sweaty, or it's the last bit(wich has more/mostly kief)
then I search an alternative like a table or a piece of paper with a fold in the middle. I prefer the kind of paper some ad-things, tickets, magazinecovers and brochures are made from, the kind of gossy kind, so the kief doesn't stick to it so well.

edit: now looking at the new site, looks good. the switching between different dogs is pretty fast(I notice a slight lack, but that's usual with this kind of slideshows), but loading another page(the essential oils in my case) took a little longer, but still fast enough that it is already a while done loading while I'm typing this.

edit2: forgot to mention thayt after dumping it out the grinder, I put it in the stem by using pinches, then the last crumbs I stick to my index finger

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
The UD continuously kicks my ass, I am head over heels in love with my dog. I am having difficulty using it with a water pipe. I can not seem to make it work - all my glass is 18mm, I have one 14mm low rise adapter and I can't seem to get a good seal. Any advice? Also, is a simple shake and blow of air good enough to clean out any particles that fell into the heater core or will they just burn off on their own. I apologize for not searching back in the thread but I'm traveling and only have tapatalk on my s3 so my search ability is restricted. So if these questions have been addressed please don't break my stones... Lol thanks everyone

i see that you have a MFLB, would you happen to have the WPA for it? if so, then you can try what i've been doing. i took the WPA and removed the glass adapter from the wooden part since it is only held together by a bit of glue *GASP*( that 'G' word!) ;) then stick either the thin or thick silicone tubing, whichever you prefer, onto that with a screen and voila, you have a 14mm glass to silicone connection for the 14mm low rise adapter that you have.

however, if you don't have the WPA for the MFLB, a lot of UD users have cut a tapered end into their thick silicone and have had good success.

and yes, a simple shake and blow of air should be good enough to clean out any particles that have fallen into the core.

hoped this helped, noticed that your questions kinda got buried under the excitement of the new dog line up.

happyTrails

phishpanicjam

I did the same as HES (using the MFLB/WPA glass). The airpath of the glass is nice and open with that design. I cut a thick stem down to about 2", put a screen in it, let the draw end of it on the heatport for a minute and then stretch it over that glass connector.

If you wanted to remove it and use it as the MFLB WPA again you could.... but then again, if you have a nicely GonGed UD, why would you! :lol:

happyTrails,
Reactions: mvapes

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
i see that you have a MFLB, would you happen to have the WPA for it? if so, then you can try what i've been doing. i took the WPA and removed the glass adapter from the wooden part since it is only held together by a bit of glue *GASP*( that 'G' word!) ;) then stick either the thin or thick silicone tubing, whichever you prefer, onto that with a screen and voila, you have a 14mm glass to silicone connection for the 14mm low rise adapter that you have.

however, if you don't have the WPA for the MFLB, a lot of UD users have cut a tapered end into their thick silicone and have had good success.

and yes, a simple shake and blow of air should be good enough to clean out any particles that have fallen into the core.

hoped this helped, noticed that your questions kinda got buried under the excitement of the new dog line up.

I thought nobody would answer lol, thanks alot dude - no wpa but I'm going to try playing with some tubing.

mvapes,

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dogs and Dudes how's it going around these parts? Hope everyone is having a fun, foggy weekend.

Just wanted to take a quick couple minutes to introduce you all to some new glass stems. These have been being tested for a few months and now that we're happy with the designs they will be available within a couple days as we add them to the website.

All the stems will be available as stocked items on the website and also as customized pieces (shape, length, mouth-end style, etc).

To those of you who have been testing them for us I'd like to say thanks and thanks for not talking about them during our closed beta but now you're free to talk, post pics, review, critique.. whatever.

So, here's a quick lineup of the new "all glass" stems, they each have their purposes and fill a different niche. All are made with high quality, thick-walled, Schott glass and are made in house. Screens are removable and are secured in the ground band area by friction. The silicone tips act as a compression fitting and make an incredibly good seal and attach the stems firmly to the vape.

Lineup (Glass Stems).jpg

Happy to answer any questions regarding the various models and their uses, prices haven't been set yet but will be as they get put on the website.

Hopefully some beta testers can also share some tips, tricks, suggestions, etc that they may have learned over the last few months.

:peace:

Last edited by a moderator:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have not tired the GonG version. I have tried the non GonG and the XL stem. They both work really well. I treat them like regular stems although it just fits more. If you want to fit a little material in your stems I recommend them. I guess I need to make a video.

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey SM the GonG version was just finished in the last couple weeks so way before you got your beta set. If you want to do a video review I'll send you a production set of the various stems, just let me know.

The ability to have big bowls is a nice one for sure but I've actually gotten really fond of using the WPB (water pipe bowl) with a small amount of material as well. Works really well and makes for easy stirring and even cooking.. :brow: It's also nice to line up a few of them preloaded and go for rapid-fire hits lol.

@ Stu - the GonG piece is a workhorse! These new stems attach firmly the UDs (like attach and hang upside down and shake firm) and that combined with the GonG taper make a great no-hands setup for a big water pipe or bong.

underdog,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Sweeeeet. So the XL designates a larger load capacity, right? I can't wait to hear more about these from the testers. I'm especially interested in how the GonG one connects, also.

EDIT: Man, I'm slow.

Peloton,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I would be more then happy to do a review. That GonG stem looks fantastic. Much more elegant them my solution. :tup:

You are right when you load it fluffy it reminds me of a cyclone bowl. Gives the air room to move around all of the material. I get some ultra even ABV with a light load and a stir between hits. You know me though... I like to load them up. If you load it too full you will push the screen out.

When I first got mine I got all dyslexic and though that the material went in the top part above the screen. The material goes in the bottom part actually. The glass gets warm if you have an extended session. Having a dish towel around just encase you end up having an extended session is a smart idea. I went like 30 minutes one time and then grabbed it... it did not burn me but it startled me. I should have known better.

I can fit like twice the material that I can in a thick silicone stem inside of the non GonG water pipe bowl. I just attached my GonG adapter to it.

Pictures from some of the testing:

7761831274_26d9bbdaff_z.jpg

7761829850_2ba1ed931b_z.jpg

This was the test when I loaded it on the larger size of the stem. You can hold ALLOT that way. The performance is good although it does not get as hot, it is further from the heat in this configuration. I would recommend a variable power supply. It gives you an idea though of what it looks like with my little GonG attachment.

7761806114_c21890b894_z.jpg

7761804280_918f7ede34_z.jpg

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Stu

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks SM, nice set of pictures there. I think you'll like the new GonG one a lot as it's really simple and elegant. Not that your setup isn't elegant but, er, ahh.. you know. :p

I've also got a another stem / stem combo that I need to grab a picture of that I forgot earlier.

underdog,
Top Bottom