Underdog Log Vapes

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
Ohh I see now. Djonkomans explanation and picture helped me visualize what you were talking about. Very crafty method you guys have going on. Thanks though OTA.

I plan on getting my 18/14 reducer tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to put up a video of my UD with my new 12 arm bubbler soon.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey guys we've been working on the refresh (and running behind schedule of course) and have the site down for some maintenance as well. Figured I'd just let you all know so you guys don't worry or have Dog withdrawal or anything. :brow:

Not sure how long the site will be down for since we haven't done this particular maintenance before and are also going to update a bunch of our software packages as well since we're down anyways. Will keep you posted as we make (or don't make) progress.

:peace:

underdog,
Reactions: mvapes

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
How often is everyone applying under butter to their dogs? What techniques is everybody using? I'm loving my UD, I want to keep it cherry.

mvapes,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I try to do it every other month or so, but I'm often at least a month overdue :lol:

I usually rub some on the entire dog after my last use before I go to bed (so it's still hot) & then let it soak in the whole night while cooling down. Then the next day before use I grab my old t-shirt & rub it till it doesn't feel sticky anymore. Not sure if that's the right way or not, but that's how I do it anyway.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I try to do it every other month or so, but I'm often at least a month overdue :lol:

I usually rub some on the entire dog after my last use before I go to bed (so it's still hot) & then let it soak in the whole night while cooling down. Then the next day before use I grab my old t-shirt & rub it till it doesn't feel sticky anymore. Not sure if that's the right way or not, but that's how I do it anyway.

You unplug at night? Or just when you butter up.?

mvapes,

djonkoman

I do it when the dog looks like it can use some butter. just did it yesterday or the day before. I just take some butter out with my finger, apply it to the dog whle it's warm, since the dog is warm the butter melts and easily spreads out, I do this a few times untill I've covered the entire dog. I prefer to do this when I won't use it for a while since then I get fat/oily hands(and if I fill a new stem the weed sticks to my fingers), but often I end up doing it during a session

Peloton

Vapes Hard
How often is everyone applying under butter to their dogs? What techniques is everybody using? I'm loving my UD, I want to keep it cherry.

The best thing to use that everyone has is part of a cotton shirt, IMO. I just ripped the sleeve off an old (clean) work shirt, that's what I apply underbutter with. I take my time with her, methodically working the butter into the thirsty grain as I admire her beauty. I am a little obsessive about keeping my dog buttered up, I usually do it every 2-3 days to keep her shining.

EDIT: Based off of prior knowledge dabbling in wood working, IMO the best way to apply underbutter is a small amount at a time on your applicator, and working it well into the grain with circling motions. I always wax mine under a lamp, so I can see which spots have already had butter worked in. Ideally after applying, you want it to be left with a lustrous sheen, and a slight stickiness for a while as the remaining butter on the surface gets sucked into the wood. There shouldn't be any to wipe off afterwards after being worked in, if there is you probably could have used less butter. It really is beautiful to see what a little elbow grease does :)

Last edited by a moderator:

BlazedRunner

run high
I have a question about the heating core. Pardon me if this has already been addressed!
From what I've read so far, the UD and other log vapes have a long warm-up time and are meant to be left on all day. I've had experience with the Arizer Solo, which looks similar, and there's definitely a lag time between hits where you have to wait for the heater to get back up to temperature. Why is this not an issue with a log vape?

BlazedRunner,

underdog

Manufacturer
@ BlazedRunner - I don't know anything about the Solo but as far as the UD is concerned there isn't any appreciable drop in temp between or during hits. There's enough energy going into the UD core that supply isn't a problem and enough stainless steel to retain the heat during use.

Hey UDs we're still working on the site, decided to rebuild on an updated framework while we were in there so it's taking longer than anticipated, sorry about that. Also unfortunately the file structure of the site has changed and so all previous images posted in the forum here (and other places) are going to be broken indefinitely. :argh:

If anyone needs to put in an order just contact me directly via email or through private message and I'll take care of it manually. On the bright side all this should eventually result in a more stable site and also let us implement new features more easily. Also it'll be at least 500% more awesome. At least.

All this down time has meant I've had plenty of time to spend in the shop and I've got a growing herd of Puppies to show for it, neatly organized (kind of) on their own shelves:

(Pup slides closed)
282kg42.jpg

(bottom Pup slide open)
1emoe9.jpg

(top Pup slide open)
b89uly.jpg

:peace:

Last edited by a moderator:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I always love those shop-shots :tup:

That's a lot of new pups mang :haw:

Good luck with the website guys. I've built a few myself and know how frustrating and time consuming it can be.

I have a question about the heating core. Pardon me if this has already been addressed!
From what I've read so far, the UD and other log vapes have a long warm-up time and are meant to be left on all day. I've had experience with the Arizer Solo, which looks similar, and there's definitely a lag time between hits where you have to wait for the heater to get back up to temperature. Why is this not an issue with a log vape?

Even though not many seem to agree with me I have always said that in my opinion the Solo is more of a conductive type of vaporizer just because of what you describe right there.

The way I see it it takes a little time for the weed to heat up in the chamber before it gives of vapor with the Solo. The UD and other logs are purely convection based vapes and rely on hot air to draw the good stuff out of your herbs, which can be almost instantly assuming the air is hot enough.

Two different approaches to reach more or less the same goal I guess, with one a bit more effective then the other imo.

djonkoman

what kind of wood is that grey one with black dots on the frontright of the topslide?

djonkoman,
i can almost hear peoples brains workin when they see your shop shots these pups not even done yet and all of us are tryin to think how we can try and claim em...

underdog

Manufacturer
Figured you guys might like the Pups on display in the shop, kind of neat to see them all sitting there together. :cool:

@ djonk - that one is a Banksia Pod

underdog,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
i can almost hear peoples brains workin when they see your shop shots these pups not even done yet and all of us are tryin to think how we can try and claim em...

It's so hard to fight that love at first sight, though. Once you see one that calls out to you... it's all over, you fall into Daves brilliant trap he sets up with these "shop shots" he shares with us! Lovin it.

underdog

Manufacturer
Uh oh Peloton you've figured out my secret.. :lol: now I'll have to use my Men In Black mind-eraser thing on you.

Oh wait I've got a better idea I'll just post some pics of the 25 pieces I have for the refresh and distract you that way bwhahahaha.

Now to find the camera...

underdog

Manufacturer
@ upperlevel - Do you mean the yellow one on the rack? If so I'd be happy to price and finish it for you. It's Osage Orange if IIRC btw.

Alright Dogs the website is slowly coming back into being as we slowly get things dialed in and start importing products, we're getting closer so keep bearing with us.

In the mean time how 'bout those pictures I mentioned earlier? Might as well distract you all with some lineups of the pieces from this refresh. ;)

Lineup%288-7-12%29a.jpg

Lineup%288-7-12%29b.jpg

Lineup%288-7-12%29c.jpg

Lineup%288-7-12%29d.jpg

Lineup%288-7-12%29e.jpg

Lineup%288-7-12%29f.jpg

Enjoy! :ninja:

RaoulDuke007

The walnut lost dog looks very tempting indeed. He looks like he needs a home. V.A.S. kicking in... Must resist!

...or not. :freak:

RaoulDuke007,
Top Bottom