Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Going to go take a few pictures then head on back.. I'll let you Dogs chill just a little bit longer.. :p

underdog,

AdmiralAlpacha

I got bored waiting, so I got a start on those stems, I dont think I can be any more chill currently lol

AdmiralAlpacha,

underdog

Manufacturer
Alrighty then Underdudes and dudettes, thanks for waiting..

First off I'd like to say thanks to all you Dogs (and Dogs-to-be) it took me longer than I'd like to answer some of your emails over the last day or two but I think I've got them all accounted for now. Your patience and support (both moral and financial) is what keeps this ship sailing day in and day out, so, again, thank you.

Now, for some fun.. shop updates!

What has until recently been an 'order off the secret menu' only kind of custom accessory will now be (test) run as a stocked item on the website. Depending on popularity we will decide to keep them a stocked item or go back to custom built only, no more 'secret menu' codewords needed or anything like that. What the hell am I talking about?

UD Wooden stems of course. ;)

The stems will be offered in pretty much any material that we make vapes out of in addition to some non-vape materials like aluminum, acrylic, carbon fiber, unicorn horn, unobtainium , etc.

A variety of sizes, shapes and styles will be offered but all will feature: the stem body, a silicone tip with screen and cork and also a flame polished fitted glass liner. The glass liner is easily user removable to allow for cleaning, reclaiming and replacement in the event it gets broken. The liner will also ensure that there aren't any wood contaminates or flavors in the vapor and will allow the use of woods that otherwise might be considered irritants. (want to learn about wood irritants, try this website)

Here's an example of one assembled and then broken down:
Wdstbrkdn.JPG

Here's a lineup of a small variety of assembled stems:
Wdstlineup.JPG

Stems will be available starting pretty much immediately though exotic materials may take longer to get or use. They'll be available in lengths from 2 inches to 5 feet (just in case someone wants a walking stick-stem lol). The standard price will be $25, some exotics may cost a bit more.

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Dave those are really cool I like how the glass sleeves on the inside giving a cleaner air path and easier for reclaim. Functional beauty love it

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Nice stuff. You know I did not even know you offered wood stems on a secret menu. I know all about the Jamba Juice secret menu... did not know the Underdog has one as well. ;)

I like the idea of the wooden/glass combo. Of course I will have to pick up one or two of these. You know the vaporizers I have purchased. Do you have any pre-made that would look good with the Space Modulator?

Once I get some, I will update the underdog review on the blog to show pictures and up to date info on what you offer. That is one of the things I like about running the blog. All my reviews are "Living" and I can change/update them at any time. So in situations like this I can go back and say: Update Something Has Changed. In this instance you are now offering these. Honestly, I think they will sell well. Even if I never ever used it. I would like to have it sitting on my vaporizer when not in use because it would make it look even cooler then it already does.

:cheers: Keep up the good work!

underdog

Manufacturer
Additionally, as part of this evenings announcements I'd like to share some info on some of our ongoing R&D work with you all.

The following projects are underway, some farther along than others but all in the works and all with a hopeful release date within the next year. Information may be limited at this point but figured you guys might find it fun to know now vs later even if it does spoil the surprise.

I already have a nice experienced group of testers and don't plan on adding many more but if you think you would make a good addition to the testing team please let me know privately, and please explain why. Any of you who may be testing these or any other units please don't share as of yet, this notice doesn't mean we're in open testing yet, thanks!

Desktop UD (aka The Doghouse)
The Doghouse is a desktop Underdog that is designed to give the same white-walling performance that you're all used to in your Log but in a form factor that better supports the use of whips. They'll likely come in a variety of shapes and sizes including boxlike ones, ones similar to the Tortuga UD models, and models integrated into things like boxes and large stem caddies. As is the norm for UD custom pieces will also be made upon request. We will of course offer glass (and wood) whip mouthpieces. A forced air model (or possible add-on) is also planned. Prices TBA.

The Vegan Dog
The Vegan Dog is a model for the purists out there. It is designed to feature an air path that is isolated from the wooden body (non-wooden bodies may be offered as well) and to also be user serviceable including the replacement of the heating element. This model will be offered in models free of adhesives and silicone and will offer the purchaser a choice of health smart finishes. These pieces will offer bottoms including plain or patterned bare wood, felt or traditional leather. Sizes and styles offered will be similar to that of the standard UD line. Wood, as is standard for UD vapes will be sourced from vetted FSC certified sources. Prices TBA.

Little Dog (aka 1/4" cored Twig)
The Little Dog is the long awaited revision of the 1/4" cored Twig. Revision will bring it up to date with the standard UD line in terms of features and performance while retaining the classic 1/4" cores amazing kung-fu conservation potential. The revision will also allow for 24/7 operation and improved heat protection of the wooden body. Sizes and styles offered will be similar to the standard UD line, though custom pieces smaller than a standard size UD may be available. Prices should be in line with standard UDs.

The Underdog XL (aka Big Dog)
The Big Dog is a design some of you requested and we've been working on for a while. It is similar in design to the standard UDs but will allow bigger, badder hits that let you deliver medicine faster and in bigger doses. It will be offered in shapes, sizes, and materials similar to that of the standard UD line. Prices TBA.

Cerberus (aka multi-core)
Cerberus will be a beast, aDog with multiple heads, I mean cores. Like a multi-stemmed hookah but sexier and meaner, a real vapor breathing monster. This guy should be a real party pleaser and will be available in a variety of shapes, sizes and materials. It is intended for whip use and custom mouthpieces will be offered. Some might be stocked occasionally but these will probably primarily be custom pieces. Plans are to offer Cerberus in models with as few as 3 cores and as many as 11. Prices TBA.

So there you go, there are the hot items on our active R&D list.. there are a couple other projects that I considered mentioning but decided to hold off for now. Don't want to throw you Dogs too many bones all at once lol. Pictures and details will probably be scarce until we move into open testing with each model, until then you'll have to use your imaginations. If any of you have suggestions you'd like considered for any of the designs please feel free to make them if you'd like.

::edited for typos and formatting::

Last edited by a moderator:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
This is great. I am so excited about the Big Dog... don't get sued by the clothing company ;)

So I keep throwing money at my screen but the post man is not ringing my door bell with my Big Dog yet... I am confused what is going on? Maybe the internet is broken. ;)

Edit: So many reviews in my future... head spins.

Edit: So the multi-core design. Will you consolidate all the cores to one hose for one user, or is this meant to be like each person has a hose gathered around a central piece with cores for everyone?

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Cool new developents in Dogland.... Exciting times it seems.

Dave, what would be the biggest difference between the XL and the Doghouse?

:peace:

Stu,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I would be incredibly interested in an XL vegan for large fast medicine while at the same time shutting up the nagging anxiety part of me that feels as though I "need" the new vegan option.

Some pretty funny names by the way. Really exciting developments!

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks guys I'm really glad you like the wooden stems. I've been playing around with different ones for a while trying to find something I liked. Stainless lined ones for some reason didn't do it for me and I've never been fond of unlined ones but the glass worked out great. That it can be disassembled for cleaning and reclaiming made them even better!

@ Slightly Medicated - what, you didn't know about the secret menu? Didn't you get the secret newsletter that talked all about it? :lol: I don't have one that would match particularly well with the Space Modulator but I do know a guy that can make that kind of stuff.. ;-) Oh, and the multi-core piece is meant to be like a hookah and have a whip for each core, 1 for each user. I have played with and might offer a combiner that would let you connect a single whip to multiple cores. It is also possible to have the cores each individually turned on or off so you don't have to run ones not needed.

@ Stu - I'll see what I can do about the unicorn horn dude lol. The Doghouse is basically a standard type UD core in a different form. The UD XL is based around a more powerful core altogether. That being said I don't see why you couldn't custom order an UD XL Doghouse if you wanted. :tup:

@ AA - no problem dude you showed up in time anyways, besides the same thing happened to me and I almost forgot to post the announcement. :dog:

@ darkrom - an XL Vegan is entirely possible so you just might be on to something there. If you're having a hard time with nagging anxiety I have stem with some really good stuff in it (NorCal you know :ninja:) that I'd be happy to share. Long drive drive though so you might plan on staying for a week or two. ;) Also, seriously, if you want we can talk about a vegan type retrofit for your current Dogs just email me.

Alright, this Dog is hungry so I'm gonna go grab a snack.. be back soon.

underdog,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I am sure we will work something out ;) Maybe a custom one is in order for the Space Modulator.

I think for the time being you can toss whichever one you think would go with the KING into my next shipment. Can't wait to show people what was made for me :tup:

Azathoth

The new projects sound awesome, and those new stems look like a great way to avoid sliding silicone on the glass stems (though I did rig up a little something that works well after seeing OTA's picture, but these are classier). Definitely going to snag me one of those.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Dave !!! Awesome stuff coming man !! Can't wait to see the little dogs again and ofcourse i would like to see the Party animal in action ! :D
Today is a goodday.. I just knocked off my socks into space with my shuttle.. For now i can say it gives even better taste than the original UD core ! + runs hotter !
I have no idea how well i did the exam.. but i decided not bother myself with such though since i had enough nerve bugs already.. :D Thanks to my UD now i am stone cold.. and ready to party !!! Regular days seems to so awesome when you are having generaly bad time going,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
nice job on those stems...I love the glass insert! do those silicone tips for them fit my HI?

love the innvations...the Cerberus...brilliant!

Would your Vegan be simialar in design to the HI, or are there significant differences? I hope they are similar or identical so we can interchange the stems!

darkrom

Great Scott!
Dave I'll email you when I can but everything is from my phone. Some PC hardware failure really holding me back for work/play :/

I'm going to want to get retro-vegan'd on my King's Jester if that's possible.

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Love the stems Dave. I remember when we talked about a wooden stem lined with glass a few months ago, great job on figuring out how to do so :tup:

Is the glass stem held in place by anything else than friction?

It seems like most of them will match a waterpipe GonG connection or else could be turned to do so, I may need a short one in two-toned Blue Mahoe in the near future :)

A vegan XL sounds very interesting...perhaps it could even be a Vegan XL Doghouse, haha. I really like the idea of a vaporizer and stem/paraphernalia caddy all in one, perhaps with some small drawers for added storage.

Do you have any idea what the bowl diameter will be on the XL models, and will you be using the same 20 Ohm Ohmites for those or will they carry something beefier?

OhTheAgony,

jackmormon

nice job on those stems...I love the glass insert! do those silicone tips for them fit my HI?

love the innvations...the Cerberus...brilliant!

Would your Vegan be simialar in design to the HI, or are there significant differences? I hope they are similar or identical so we can interchange the stems!

Hey sticksones,

I haven't made one of the stems in question. However, all my HI stems work with the UD and vice versa. I actually prefer the thick silicone for both if I want to milk glass. The heatports are the same size the only difference is that the HI doesn't have a "stop point" so you can insert the heatport much farther into the stem. With the UD, the top of the heating core limits how far you can insert the heatport into a stem. Hope that makes sense.

It is fucking awesome to have a variety of killer log vapes to use!

Top Bottom