Underdog Log Vapes

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
all these new projects sound so freakin cool! where does your creativity end Dave? i love the names for these too, real clever :lol: i told myself that i wouldnt buy a vape for a while and instead invest into glass but this may now change. my eyes were glued onto the screen when i read the first line about you announcing the new projects. i think this sums up my general reaction to the bombardment of UD news...

qm.gif
3p30ct.jpg

HighlyEducatedScholar,
Reactions: underdogette

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Thanks guys, again glad you all like the announcements and the stems!

@ djonk - the stems can use either the thick or thin silicone though all those pictured are with thick. I'm using thin on a walnut stem that I've been using couple months so it's just a matter of preference.

@ Azathoth - thanks man, these silicone tips slide on and off the glass really easy since they only have to go on about 1/2". If you ever have a problem moving the silicone adding a couple drops of water will lube things up and let it easily slide around until dry.

@ Abysmal - awesome man, glad to hear you're digging the new shuttle. One of these days I'll have to arrange to get your custom piece back so I can get it back in service for you. Congrats on the exams I hope you did well and either way at least they're over! Hope all is going well with your court matters as well.

@ stickstones - thanks dude glad you like the stems. I've never seen an HI other than a few pictures so I'm not certain but I think we both use 3/8" OD tubing for the center tube. If that's the case the stems should be interchangeable. I imagine the vegan will be similar to the design of the HI but again without having seen an HI up close can't say how much so. I do plan on using the same 3/8" tubing as the standard Dogs so it'll probably be compatible with the HI. I'm sure someone around here owns both and can chime in with more certainty.

@ darkrom - no prob dude just get in touch when you can. Want to send your computer in as well as the Jester and I can fix them both? lol

@ OTA - good memory dude and thanks for not giving away my R&D 'secret' haha. The glass is held in place by friction, sort of. The mouthpiece end is too fat to fit through the stem so it slides in and stops once fully inserted then the silicone (and friction) keeps it from coming back out. Once you remove the silicone you can easily slide the glass back out for cleaning, reclaiming or replacement if it's broken somehow. Not certain what diameter the XL will use yet, testing different designs still, no final decision on the heating element as yet either but yes it will be more powerful of an element.

@ jackmormon - thanks for the info dude, I'm sure a lot of people including myself appreciate it!

@ HES - Lol! Thanks man, glad you like the new designs.. fortunately for you and your VAS it'll be a while before these are ready for release so you won't have to sell off the house just yet. :p

Alright guys I have to get to the shop for a bit, be back later.. :peace:

dorkus_molorkus

wow! those new doggies sound fucking awesome, I cant wait to see them.

well done dave, the last few days or so must have been difficult for you both.
Congratulations for being able to turn it around & not only talk the talk, but demonstrate that Underdog vapes are a constantly moving forward entity with the clients needs/ concerns being addressed.

Cant wait to see the new stuff, the doghouse being of particular interest. :tup:

good on you guys.

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dorkus, haha man your avatar never fails to crack me up.. that's nice looking cat hat you have there. :lol:

Thanks for the well wishes and glad you are also interested in some of the new stuff.. I think the Doghouses will be pretty sharp and be able to offer up some neat new style designs.

Been doing some vet work on a wonderful little Pup, one that's been kicking around as long as I've been on FC and has been all over the world at this point. This guy is getting a full checkup and a vapor-engine overhaul and I've even put him on a slight weight loss program.. but you'd probably never notice just by looking as it's subtle. Anyways, snapped this picture of him lazing around the shop waiting for a nice, fresh new finish. He'll be headed home soon after this and I have to admit I'll miss him.. :)

DownUnderDog%28Vino%29.JPG

dorkus_molorkus

Aww my little Vino all naked.

nice doggie :tup:

Very much looking forward to its safe return & an onslaught of following fog!

Yep the doghouse & cerebus sound pretty damn knarly. I quite like a whip dealio for vape bonging.

With a whip set up the mind boggles at whats possible. Although, I have to pick the vino upside down & shake the abv out of it daily. So that might be a design concern??

anyhoo, congrats again & looking forward to seeing my doggie again.

dorkus_molorkus,

underdog

Manufacturer
Yep a good dog indeed. I was just out in the shop playing with him a bit more.. now he's got a nice new coat. He'll be back soon and fogging the place all up as usual. :p

DownUnderDog(Vino)2.JPG

I'm done for the day Dogs.. time to relax for a while and start the new week strong tomorrow. :peace:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks Dave, I think I'm getting it. Clever little design there :tup:

I didn't know your pup was injured Dorkus, I hope he gets well and will be home soon ;)

I always find it so amazing to see the difference between a finished and a unfinished piece of wood. Unbelievable how much difference a little polish can make.

OhTheAgony,

Gandalf

So I'm getting my new Spartan VVPS today and can finally run my UD properly. Really looking forward to it.

Also just wanted to say to Dave that I was very impressed by the professional way you handled the whole situation over the last few days, and then to come out with big R&D announcements too... Smart man. Looking forward to testing some of the new Dogs out.

Can't wait to fog up the apartment later with my UD! And for all you dog lovers out there, here's a pic of my 3 year old English lab:

o7fSO.jpg

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
Ditto on all the props to Dave. Must have been tough not to loose your cool... Handed lemons, made lemonade. Excellent work with the new r&d stuff and, quite frankly, the best possible response to the concerns in the materials thread. Way to take "high" road!

My Maple Twig works like a champ. Every time. Everyone who uses it asks about getting their own. :clap:

On the subject of GonG connections, I have a new rig. I took my MLFB WPA apart (easy to do, just a small dab of glue holding it in place...that's right...the "G" word :brow: ). Then I slid/stretched a thick silicone stem that I cut to about 3 inches long over that glass piece and it works great! Very wide open airpath. Best part is that when I pull the dog up to clear the tube, the glass joint stem combo stays attached to the dog (instead of the stem releasing from the dog and then having to pull the stem off separately to clear).

djonkoman

great news, I have the plugs. strangely thy arrived with the regional mail(regiopost), so they arrived in the evening and I had already counted on waiting till tomorrow at least. just connected a plug to the cord, set the vvps on 12 volt and transferred the already warm dog to the vvps. now I can try to whitewall my bong with hash tonight :)
so if I disappear for the following days you know you don't have to worry :p

mine is drawing 0,56 amps btw

underdog

Manufacturer
@ OTA - thanks dude, yeah it is amazing what a little finish can do for the wood eh? The application of the oil is what really makes the grain and colors pop though even just a simple buffing with wax looks pretty nice as well.

@ Gandalf - thanks for the support and glad you've got your VVPS so now you can really play around and see what your Dog can do. That is an incredible picture of your Dog, it makes me just want to squeeeeze him.

@ happyTrails - awesome man glad your Pup is working out well for you.

@ djonk - oooh finally going to put that VVPS into action huh, awesome! If we don't hear from you within a week or two we'll send a rescue party lol.

Moving on, I made a pretty long post in the materials thread this morning in the ongoing discussion over there and for sake of ease and because it also applies to this thread will post it below:

::edited to remove cross post:: Please see post in materials thread directly if interested.

Q) What finishes are used on UD vaporizers?
A) The vapes are oiled with organic walnut oil by default (pharmaceutical grade mineral oil is an option on request) and once dry several top coats of a natural (made in house) finish made from shellac, organic bees wax and carnuba wax is applied and buffed to the desired shine.

Q) What kind of solder is used in the UD and how?
A) RoHS compliant Sn99.3/Cu0.7 (99.3% Tin, .7% Copper) solder is used and while not necessary is kept out of the air path by only being used below the blocking bead and silicone potting.

ll11

A vegan dog sounds interesting, not so much for the materials used but mostly so I can take it apart! Hopefully it will come with instructions though. I can just see myself getting it put back together and having a few leftover pieces still lying around...

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Is Djonko still with us..? :lol:

I'm a bit surprised about the drawn Amperage of yours Djonko. Both my UD's had/have to be pushed to a way higher voltage than that to make it go over 0,4A. But according to Dave you can push it to 0,6 max so you should be good.

Having fun so far? ;)

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

had a fun night yesterday(did fall asleep on my chair though, but that was to be expected with little sleep the night before)
the highest I've dared putting it so far was 13,5 volt. and I remember seeing 0,61 amps at some point last night jut don't know with wich voltage that was.
just checked, it's now at 12.43 volt and 0.59 amps

djonkoman,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Thanks guys. I can't wait for it to show up. I'll be using it native until I get a dedicated vapor piece... I just cant bring myself to use my massive and stinky combustion tubes.

Peloton,

Gandalf

Just wanted to report that I used my UD with the VVPS and wow, this makes the experience completely different. I'm running it at 13.5-14 volts right now and the temperature is perfect.

Without the VVPS, my UD was getting MUCH hotter. So hot I could barely hold it. Now, even at 14 volts, it's very warm but still comfortable to hold. I'm very surprised that my power outlets were cranking out such high voltage to make my UD get so hot in the first place.

Cloud are just effortless with the UD. I have a ton of work to do today but I'll be hitting the UD tonight hard when I need to get sedated lol. Now to add a bong to the arsenal...

Gandalf,
Reactions: Peloton

underdog

Manufacturer
Awesome Gandalf glad the VVPS is got things all dialed in for you.. :tup:

Not sure if you've already seen it mentioned here before so if not I'll repeat it. If you like to leave your piece running 24/7 with your VVPS you can turn it down to a 'standby' voltage of 11-12v and then turn it back up when you're ready to use it. From a 'standby' voltage it should make full hot within a few minutes. That way you can get the best of both worlds, ready to use on a moments notice but also reduce the wear and tear on the Pup. :peace:

underdog,
Top Bottom