Underdog Log Vapes

darkrom

Great Scott!
Wow. With this eyefinity setup I can every little detail of that pic! Awesome collection.

darkrom,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new piece! Seriously it reached temp quickly. Not sure what is up with that. It seemed to reach temp in 10 minutes. CRAZY! I like how big it is. It works great.

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
so jealous of that space modulator SM! that thing looks sick :rockon:

i've also noticed how its been quieter around here lately. truthfully i think its because all of us with UDs are so perfectly content with our pieces that less problems and questions are raised :) at least thats how i feel. another thing thats been keeping me away from this thread is that i recently picked up longboarding. its so much fun! but scares the shit out of me sometimes too :ko: gotta love being able to quickly take a nice big hit out of my UD before going out for a ride on my board. such a relaxing experience.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Glad you like the SM so much there SM.. :tup:

I like your thinking HES, that you're all being so quiet because you're happy and content with your UDs. All this time I've been assuming it was just because you were all so vaked that you couldn't remember how to type. :lmao:

I've been quiet and absent from the thread so much just because I'm an UD machine these days, I have more Pups than I have places to put them, plus repairs (mostly PD and UD), custom jobs, prototypes, Space Modulators, etc.. good times though!

Alright back to the shop for this vapor monkey! :peace:

underdog,
Reactions: placetime

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Did I just read the word prototypes? Care to share what you got going on down the line? If you need any beta testers you know where to look ;)

Mod note: Per our rules, do not ask about being a beta tester..

Slightly Medicated,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've always assumed the quiet hours here are just because what is there to talk about besides when Dave releases new designs? "My underdog is still working and looking perfectly" "mine too!" "hey mine too!" etc haha.

Hear those complaints....me neither :clap:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new piece! Seriously it reached temp quickly. Not sure what is up with that. It seemed to reach temp in 10 minutes. CRAZY! I like how big it is. It works great.

I'm really digging the short heat up time on the new pup as well. It also responds so much quicker to any temp changes I make. Is it just the new core that's responsible for this Dave, or is it more the different type of wood and thinner shape that's responsible for this? It almost feels like you changed to a different heating element, lol.

If I'm in a rush I start off at 12,2V now, but I can go down to 11,6 when it's properly heated and still get huge clouds and a dark brown ABV. That's 2,2V lower then the lowest voltage my old bullet became usable at (I used that one between 13,8.and 14,3V normally).

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

so jealous of that space modulator SM! that thing looks sick :rockon:

i've also noticed how its been quieter around here lately. truthfully i think its because all of us with UDs are so perfectly content with our pieces that less problems and questions are raised :) at least thats how i feel. another thing thats been keeping me away from this thread is that i recently picked up longboarding. its so much fun! but scares the shit out of me sometimes too :ko: gotta love being able to quickly take a nice big hit out of my UD before going out for a ride on my board. such a relaxing experience.
longboarding high is great, feels like floating. only longboarded once so far this year tough, started last year in the summer, then fall came and it rained a lot, then winter, so it has been out of my routine for a while, used to go longboarding fir a short while every evening last year. one nice road closeby that has afalt with the stones far enough pushed in to make it a nice smooth ride, s I usually just go up and down that road one or multiple times. sometimes I make a full circle, but then I have to go over a road whee the stones were refreshed last year, so not nice to ride there.
also, don't go to far too soon like I did, I went to the city in my 2nd week after starting longboarding, wich is 10 km(6-7 miles or so I think), on the way back I started to clearly feel it in my foot/ankle, and had to take it easy on longboarding for a while after

also, I want to get a variable powersuply+waterfiltration this summer to make my setup complete, what do you guys recommend?
the bubblers seem atractive to me so I wouldn't have to have a big bong in my lap, but the primary point is functionality. but, I don't have a good surface to set it on while hitting in range, so I would have to keep it in my hand or lap. on the other hand if the variable power suply has a longer cord I would have surface available, but still I would prefer something I can hit while sitting back in my chair

NewSchoolExplorer

SM that such a nice doggy :D

How would I improve cloud production? Should I load the stems with more material? Move the screen closer (currently I have a gap between the heater and the material)? What other suggestions? Also I have some bubble hash will it vape? How would u recommend using bubble in my UD. I hope you enjoy the video.

SD_haze

How would I improve cloud production? Should I load the stems with more material? Move the screen closer (currently I have a gap between the heater and the material)? What other suggestions? Also I have some bubble hash will it vape? How would u recommend using bubble in my UD. I hope you enjoy the video.

Easiest way I've found to use bubble in the UD is to break it up as much as u can with a razor blade or your hands, and just sandwich it between two layers of grinded bud.

Are you getting dark brown ABV? If not, a variable power supply might help to make bigger clouds.

NewSchoolExplorer

My ABV is still on the yellowish brown green far away from dark brown but I usually quit at this state as I do not seem to get satisfying clouds continuing and stirring it. Besides a variable PS what other changes can I implement to get better cloud production?

One more question: When you guys back your Silicone tubes do you leave a gab between the heater and material OR do you guys fill it all the way to sandwich it between the screen and heater with no space?

NewSchoolExplorer,

SD_haze

My ABV is still on the yellowish brown green far away from dark brown but I usually quit at this state as I do not seem to get satisfying clouds continuing and stirring it. Besides a variable PS what other changes can I implement to get better cloud production?

One more question: When you guys back your Silicone tubes do you leave a gab between the heater and material OR do you guys fill it all the way to sandwich it between the screen and heater with no space?
Do you have the new insulated core design?

My first canarywood twig was very similar, i didn't get those whole milks, usually only skim.
My new twig with the insulated core design works very differently, and effortlessly gets my stems as dark brown as I would want.

I'll leave a bigger gap between the heater and the material to start a stem off, get a nice flavor rip or two, and then when I'm finishing the stem off i'll get the heater as close as I can get without it pushing and compressing the herb load.

SD_haze,

AdmiralAlpacha

I think my dog may be combusting a small amount every now and then, is there any for sure ways to tell?

AdmiralAlpacha,

Greenscreen

I've always assumed the quiet hours here are just because what is there to talk about besides when Dave releases new designs? "My underdog is still working and looking perfectly" "mine too!" "hey mine too!" etc haha.

Hear those complaints....me neither :clap:

Very true man.. The only reason i don't post in here often is because I'm more then happy with my UD's and there's not a lot more to say! other then when Dave releases a new batch and then i normally appear to compliment / drool accordingly.. (This latest batch are particularly nice - I nearly bought another one for myself but i decided to hold off for a few months and see how it goes!)

My only complaint is towards my volcano rather than my UD.. i used my volcano so much that my tolerance got tremendously high and I wasn't enjoying my UD as much as i know i should.. So for the first time in 18 months I'm having a T-Break! I'm two days in and I'm pretty motivated for it, mainly because of the fact i know when i return to vapor that my UD will help me keep my tolerance low and I'll fall back in love with the little guy again! (Then i can ensure i only use the volcano on the weekend with friends rather than upping my tolerance on my own for no reason)

Greenscreen

If my dog is combusting a little is there anything I can do to cool it down until I can order that led dimmer

The best idea is to Push the screen up the silicone tubing a little bit more so your weed is further away from the heat source inside the UD...
Alternatively you could just unplug ur UD as your hitting it, so it will be dropping temp whilst ur hitting it and then plug it back in when your done with your session / Its getting to cold to hit well?

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
also, I want to get a variable powersuply+waterfiltration this summer to make my setup complete, what do you guys recommend?
the bubblers seem atractive to me so I wouldn't have to have a big bong in my lap, but the primary point is functionality. but, I don't have a good surface to set it on while hitting in range, so I would have to keep it in my hand or lap. on the other hand if the variable power suply has a longer cord I would have surface available, but still I would prefer something I can hit while sitting back in my chair

i would recommend a variable power supply with the UD, i've had mine for almost a month now and i've enjoyed using it especially since i can jack it up to ~13.4, my sweet spot atm, to get some real nice hits. i would send you the link of mine on amazon but i don't believe you're in the US so i don't know how much it would help you there. im sure OTA can jump in and give a recommendation or two. in terms of water filtration, personally i have taken a prefer to bubblers with a bent neck as they are more natural to hit from than a bong. a specific bubb on the other hand, i have no idea. there are so many to choose from! for the time being i've been keeping a close watch on the Leviathan thread in the glass section seeing as how the glass blower for that company has been posting there and has also been working on a bubbler to specifically match the overall preferences of FC members.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Sorry, I missed your post earlier. How much do you want to spend approximately, Djonko?

I payed around 55 for my PSU including shipping, and about ten bucks less for my 250ml Ehle & a diffused downstem & shipping. I've been using the Ehle daily for about a year now and I never set it down on a table when using it. I even use it laying in bed although it is on the tall side for that. Imo it's the best basic allround piece money can buy you here in EU.

OhTheAgony,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
SM that such a nice doggy :D

If you don't have one a Variable Volt Power Supply is the easiest way to increase the temperature and get thicker clouds. If you don't want to invest in that then you can do several things. First is move the herb closer to the heat source. Second is to slow down how fast you breathe. The fast you breath the quicker you cool down the air traveling over the material. The slower you breath the hotter the air will stay as it passes over the material. If you vary the distance of the herb from the heater and your breath speed you should be able to change the density of the vapor clouds you produce.

Slightly Medicated,

NewSchoolExplorer

Thanks SM I tried all of the above already so I guess its time to invest in a vvps but I need to educate myself in choosing the right one.

NewSchoolExplorer,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
How many Underdogs do you wan to run at once?

Since I am running multiple Underdogs on one VVPS I wanted to make sure I got one that was 3 amps at about 15 volts. There is one on amazon that closely matches the one I bought: http://www.amazon.com/Mastech-HY180...5E/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1337993552&sr=8-12

The more Underdogs you add to the power supply the more amps you need. The voltage affects the temperature. So they all receive the same volts. The VVPS just increases the amps to send out all that voltage to the devices connected. I like to have one that has the amp display as well so I know where I am in terms of how much my various dogs are drawing.

I don't really go past 14v ever.

I hope that helps some.

Slightly Medicated,

NewSchoolExplorer

Thanks for the link how big are they? I want something very small. I like simplicity. I will most likely be running one maybe two dogs a time (currently own only one).

Does anyone else have the car charger from the UD site? I feel that it does not give as much power as the wall wart does is this an issue with the car adapter or the car bc today I did notice a decrease in temp between the two.

NewSchoolExplorer,
Top Bottom