Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Thanks for the link how big are they? I want something very small. I like simplicity. I will most likely be running one maybe two dogs a time (currently own only one).

Does anyone else have the car charger from the UD site? I feel that it does not give as much power as the wall wart does is this an issue with the car adapter or the car bc today I did notice a decrease in temp between the two.

I think there are some pretty small models available here: http://www.tattoomachineequipment.com/tattoo-power-supplies I think this is where Zapman Rick is getting ones for his vapes now.

You can also find a variety of power supplies that would get the job done on Amazon by searching for "Tattoo Power Supply" or "Variable DC Power Supply". A 1-15v 2A power supply should be plenty of power for 2-3 Pups so no need for anything bigger or more powerful.

EDIT: Oh, re: the car adapter - how much power the car adapter puts out is going to be dependent on your particular car, for many people it will run hotter than the wall-wart but in some cases (like yours maybe) it could potentially run cooler (ie lower voltage). If you've got a multimeter you can always measure and see what your car is putting out.. :peace:

underdog,

djonkoman

Sorry, I missed your post earlier. How much do you want to spend approximately, Djonko?

I payed around 55 for my PSU including shipping, and about ten bucks less for my 250ml Ehle & a diffused downstem & shipping. I've been using the Ehle daily for about a year now and I never set it down on a table when using it. I even use it laying in bed although it is on the tall side for that. Imo it's the best basic allround piece money can buy you here in EU.
money isn't the biggest issue this time, it will be my birthday in 2-3 weeks so I'm thinking of it as a birthdaygift to myself. ofcourse I don't want to spend a lot more as necessary, but quality/usefullness comes first.
why exactly do you prefer the ehle? sounds like a good price for an ehle bong btw.

djonkoman,

propjoe

my underdog has developed a rattle inside. i don't think it is affecting its performance though.

propjoe,

underdog

Manufacturer
my underdog has developed a rattle inside. i don't think it is affecting its performance though.

Hey propjoe send me a message and I'll get you fixed up.. the rattle is turning out to be a fairly common issue with the original 24/7 core.

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
Not on my King's Jester yet. Still running it 24/7!

Hehe that's awesome, one of these days though the Jester just might succumb to physics though and you'll be in the rattle world. If/when the time comes I'll get you doctored up though.. ;)

underdog,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
Hehe that's awesome, one of these days though the Jester just might succumb to physics though and you'll be in the rattle world. If/when the time comes I'll get you doctored up though.. ;)

I'd say it would be a sad day, but with 2 UDs (why NOT one for each hand?) I can manage should it ever happen haha.

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
money isn't the biggest issue this time, it will be my birthday in 2-3 weeks so I'm thinking of it as a birthdaygift to myself. ofcourse I don't want to spend a lot more as necessary, but quality/usefullness comes first.
why exactly do you prefer the ehle? sounds like a good price for an ehle bong btw.

First of all I think it's the perfect size if you want a piece you can actually milk. Anything smaller functions more like a bubbler, with those the vapor goes through the water and gets filtered and cooled a bit and that's about it. With the 250 (or similar size pieces) you can milk it first and then inhale a nice amount of vapor which just is a completely different experience. I've tried bigger ones too, but with those you have to inhale a lot of air first before you get to the vapor. You can also play with the amount of water you put in quit a bit to fine tune it to your preference in terms of drag and cooling. A tiny amount of water will give more taste for instance, but also significantly less cooling which becomes more noticeable when you're high temp vaping.

Second it's very strong glass even though it's still pretty light and not real thick. I've banged it in to things so many times and often pretty hard, and it still doesn't have a mark on it. When I clean it I always poor boiling water in it straight away and it just takes it while I've had tea glasses that were made for those temps burst when doing the same.

Third the diffusion. I tried a few cheaper ones, but the diffused downstem from Ehle just purs the smoothest. This will allow you to go very slow on your inhalation thus leaves more room for control over the temp through draw speed.

I also like the ergonomics, but that's probably a very personal matter.

Plus, it's soo pretty :D

minip1010843.jpg

edit: that's not a Ehle downstem in the photo btw, it's my cheap back up stem. I broke my Ehle downstem this week but there's a new one on the way.

AdmiralAlpacha

I bought this guy today:
cache_2544844904.jpg

so far it is working great with my dog and cooling it off soooo much

I had went in hopes of the b49 but my local headshop only had this one but it works great.

I paid $65 if anyone is curious

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
My Space Modulator is doing really well. It preforms like the twig giving me these huge milks/fogs/clouds. I am very pleased with the purchase. I was not sure I needed a third but it has been nice. I can rotate between the three during a heavy session. This lets the temp stay at peak so I can just power through the silicone tube loads quickly with out waiting in between hits. To top it off the thing is just beautiful. Really it looks like a work of art on my desktop.

The ONLY drawback I can find that the silicone tube restricts the load size. I do wish I could get a little bigger load. Dave, I have been thinking of a way to be able to load more or make some sort of modification to the design. Wouldn't it be cool to have like a Underdog XL that held more like .25 grams per load? I know allot of people like the efficiency but sometimes for my back pain I just want to load more. It would be easier to load one or two larger loads rather then 3-6 smaller loads. Epically when I am in a rush and need to leave to go somewhere.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: darkrom

underdog

Manufacturer
My Space Modulator is doing really well. It preforms like the twig giving me these huge milks/fogs/clouds. I am very pleased with the purchase. I was not sure I needed a third but it has been nice. I can rotate between the three during a heavy session. This lets the temp stay at peak so I can just power through the silicone tube loads quickly with out waiting in between hits. To top it off the thing is just beautiful. Really it looks like a work of art on my desktop.

The ONLY drawback I can find that the silicone tube restricts the load size. I do wish I could get a little bigger load. Dave, I have been thinking of a way to be able to load more or make some sort of modification to the design. Wouldn't it be cool to have like a Underdog XL that held more like .25 grams per load? I know allot of people like the efficiency but sometimes for my back pain I just want to load more. It would be easier to load one or two larger loads rather then 3-6 smaller loads. Epically when I am in a rush and need to leave to go somewhere.

I'm always looking to try new mods and designs.. send me a message and let me know what you're thinking SM... :tup:

NewSchoolExplorer

I love my UD and I do not know how difficulty it would be to implement but would it be possible to integrate an on unit temperature control (variable voltage) nob?

Also thanks for the honest response about the car charger. I had the best vaping experience this saturday morning when I had a long drive, caramel latte, and my UD in my own car. The power output of my car was higher than that from my friends car and my own home. Thanks.

NewSchoolExplorer,

underdog

Manufacturer
If you guys have enough of an interest in a high-capacity UD mod (or variant) just let me know and I'll look into it, if any of you have specific suggestions by all means let me know via email or private message.

@ HES - If you're ever in NorCal and want to stop by for a visit just let me know and I'm sure we could find a time to give you a tour. I might eventually post up some process videos but it's pretty far down there on my list of things to get done haha.. so many things to do, so little time. :o

@ NSE - I prototyped a piece with built in controls but it didn't work out for a few reasons that I won't go into here in the forum but they were enough to make me abandon the idea. I'm sure I could do it but when I was done it'd be a much different product that the UD everyone seems to love so I've just left it alone. Maybe someday there will be different models of UD and maybe that'll be one of them, who knows. Glad to hear you had a good experience with the car charger in your own car, thanks for the update!

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I think you should look in to the way the plenty heat element works. I think if you could design something similar it would be pretty amazing. Make the heating element wider, then have a wider bowl attachment that tapered to the silicone stem. I need to draw something up but I have some other stuff to get done first.

Slightly Medicated,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'd be interested in a high capacity underdog for groups or fast medication. Pass it to a few people each take 1 hit and be done haha.

darkrom,

Greenscreen

Alright I'll add a high-cap model to my R&D list.. sounds fun! :cool:

I like the idea of a high capacity underdog would be great for when mates are round.
Would a twig version be do-able or is that asking to much?
Also whats an R&D list? :shrug:

Greenscreen,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
oh my bad, you're right J.R.R. Tokin'. it is Development. its been a long day by the pool and enjoying the company of my UD...:p

HighlyEducatedScholar,

AdmiralAlpacha

A high capacity sounds great, but what I really need is a tolerance break, I was loading half gram bowls in my extreme q, then I got my underdog and for the first few days I got ripped, now my tolerance is back and it seems like I am constantly reloading stems

I think the small load might be a secret behind its effeciency. Since it has such a small amount of room for the air to travel and that area is full of herb, it has to release the chemicals to get through, while on my extreme Q the bottom of the bowl is about the size of a nickle, giving the warm air a lot more room to pass through without actually coming in full contact with herb, although I am under the influence so all of this could very easily just not make any actual sense.

Also I was always under the impression that is was research and development aswell

AdmiralAlpacha,

Greenscreen

oh my bad, you're right J.R.R. Tokin'. it is Development. its been a long day by the pool and enjoying the company of my UD...:p

good on you! wish i could enjoy mine, in middle of a little break / maybe a big break now i've realized how easy it actually is to go without!

i think i got so vaped over the last 18 months i convinced myself (without realizing) that stopping for a while would be like it was when i smoked bongs (excruciatingly horrible and painful for the first 2 weeks) when in reality its nothing like that, its almost like my brain and body is thanking me :lol: ..

Greenscreen,
Reactions: sunsett70
Top Bottom