Underdog Log Vapes

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Oh man I really did not realize the whole side effect of making testing videos is that I would be not just Slightly Medicated by Copiously Medicated. I just did some filming of all the underdogs for my video review. I had to stop filming because I was getting too high. I will go back in an hour and finish up. I am checking out the footage now to see if it is good. I will learn as I go along. I might post one of the clips here to see what people thing of the quality of the video.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Greenscreen

Greenscreen

A high capacity sounds great, but what I really need is a tolerance break, I was loading half gram bowls in my extreme q, then I got my underdog and for the first few days I got ripped, now my tolerance is back and it seems like I am constantly reloading stems

i was exactly the same (0.4g loads in my volcano).. am well pleased i've done it, didn't realize how much i needed it.. just need to find myself a few new sober hobbies other then work to do before going back to vaping .. just cus vaping and enjoying bud was my main hobby outside work!

At least you know once you've done it your UD will help you keep your tolerance nice and low!

Greenscreen,

AdmiralAlpacha

Oh man I really did not realize the whole side effect of making testing videos is that I would be not just Slightly Medicated by Copiously Medicated. I just did some filming of all the underdogs for my video review. I had to stop filming because I was getting too high. I will go back in an hour and finish up. I am checking out the footage now to see if it is good. I will learn as I go along. I might post one of the clips here to see what people thing of the quality of the video.
You make it sound like that's a problem! :p

i was exactly the same (0.4g loads in my volcano).. am well pleased i've done it, didn't realize how much i needed it.. just need to find myself a few new sober hobbies other then work to do before going back to vaping .. just cus vaping and enjoying bud was my main hobby outside work!

Haha that is my problem as well, and the other hobbies I have (video games, eating, and being a college student)

Bud just goes so well with all of my hobbies as well as being its own hobby lol

AdmiralAlpacha,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor

i would love to see a video of that Space Module in action!

Bud just goes so well with all of my hobbies as well as being its own hobby lol

:rockon:

HighlyEducatedScholar,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
The video quality seems fine SM, looks great in 1080p :) . I agree a different background of some sort would be cool too, but I can still tell those are some nice dense hits you're pulling there.

@ Dave
I haven't forgot about ya! An UD will still be my next vape purchase. Had some fraudulent credit card charges pop up that's led to my account being tied up for a while. What a headache :ugh:. Once this all blows over expect to hear from me. Keep up the good work boss!

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Good to hear about the video quality. Sorry about the credit card issues. That is always annoying. Hope everything can be sorted out and not end up costing you in the long run.

Slightly Medicated,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I tried shooting on all black before and it does not work during the actual vaporizing process. Something about the lighting makes it look bad. I think I can get a piece of black Matboard from the craft store. When I am exhaling I can just bring it into the frame behind the vapor. That would solve my issue with the black background soaking up all the light during the hit. I will probably re-shoot everything using the Matboard tonight or tomorrow.

Speaking of jazz hands. I just got that hand out of the splint a few days ago. I had a boxers fracture about 7 weeks ago. Nice to be able to use it again.

Slightly Medicated,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I am going to get that Matboard right now. I found a framer that had what I need for sale. I also bought a video light for my camera. It should help me light things better. I love amazon prime. I will have it on Thursday.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Peloton

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Alright this place has come back to life.. I was wondering if you'd all turned into vapor-zombies or something :lol:

@ Peloton - cool dude, no worries I'm not going anywhere.. sorry to hear about your CC woes, I've been there and dealt with that and it sucks!

@ SM - the videos look good from here, sometimes it's tough to capture the vapor in all it's vapory glory but I think most people that are familiar with vapor will get that it's an impressive amount. Maybe the light and the matboard will help, I'm guessing it will.

Working on a lot of different projects here in the R&D department, plus finishing up a few custom orders and a couple more PD repairs.

Also trying to make room for some wood coming in soon and not quite sure yet where I'm going to be able to stash it.. you guys might just have to buy a bunch more pieces so I can make some space. ;)

For those of you who like to be in the know, I'm expecting a bunch of awesome domestic woods: Cypress, Tulip Poplar, Figured Western Maple, Holly, Rainbow Poplar, Curly Cherry, Camphor, Chocolate Spruce, Hackberry, Chinese Chestnut, Cucumbertree, Indian Rosewood, Ambrosia Maple, Mimosa, Black Locust, a bit of Curly Ambrosia Maple. Also a couple hundred more board feet of Blue Mahoe and a little bit of Mango again. :o:evil:

underdog,
Reactions: placetime

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I just got back from an awesome dinner. I had a new york strip. It was a really good cut as well. :tup: I stopped by the frame store and picked up a couple of options for the black background. I got a piece of project board and also a cool black stretched canvas on a frame. I think the black canvas frame might be easier to hold. Tonight I will probably try and do some re-shooting. If I can't get to it tonight it will have to wait till Thursday. Tomorrow I am going down to have a guided tour of an art exhibit with the Director of the museum. Will be an all day event probably.

If I get anything filmed tonight I will post the results on the thread. I am hopeful the black background will be an improvement.

Slightly Medicated,
SM, That space modulator is just beautiful. A background which shows off vapor would be helpful, but it's obvious that the Underdog milked the hell out of that tube. I also like how you're using the Extreme Q elbow, which is my preferred method. If I may make a suggestion, you may want to try cutting down the tube about half way, so the end of the elbow butts up against the screen at the perfect distance from the heater. I have a picture posted of this setup way back if you want to dig in this thread.

For those of you who like to be in the know, I'm expecting a bunch of awesome domestic woods: Cypress, Tulip Poplar, Figured Western Maple, Holly, Rainbow Poplar, Curly Cherry, Camphor, Chocolate Spruce, Hackberry, Chinese Chestnut, Cucumbertree, Indian Rosewood, Ambrosia Maple, Mimosa, Black Locust, a bit of Curly Ambrosia Maple. Also a couple hundred more board feet of Blue Mahoe and a little bit of Mango again. :o:evil:

I DO like to know, that sounds awesome. I'm such a sucker for exotic woods.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Working on a lot of different projects here in the R&D department, plus finishing up a few custom orders and a couple more PD repairs.

I would love to hear what is coming down the pipeline. Consider my curiosity peaked. The Rainbow Poplar sounds pretty great. I have always been a fan of that type of wood. I like the bands of light and dark in the gain.

Rainbow-Poplar-Varient-460.jpg

Slightly Medicated,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
One vapor zombie calling in :lol:

Abluesymal is still kicking my ass, I just can't stop using it, nor touching it for that matter. That wood is so soft man, it's like a babies skin, amazing. It may be the warmer weather that was going around here for a few days, but I've gone down to 11,3V as my preferred setting and still get coffee brown ABV. I already loved my simple ash bullet, but this piece feels like such an upgrade for some reason. It's like I started with an entry level UD and moved up to the highest class elite with this one. All the problems I had with the old one aren't there with this beauty, even the plug fits tightly and doesn't come loose by itself :love:

What is curly ambrosia maple Dave, pics plz?

Nice vids SM, and even nicer dogs :brow:

Not that I can do better, but I was gonna mention the lighting but you're already on it I gather. It seemed a tad dark from the front but otherwise no complaints :tup:

edit: wait, new vid :lol:

Problems solved it seems, nice cloud dude :tup:

AdmiralAlpacha

Anyone here have any secrets on getting the smell out of their stems? Especially my full silicone stems makes my entire desk smell of abv :p

AdmiralAlpacha,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I throw mine in a bottle with alcohol for a couple of minutes and shake it a bit every other day or so, then rinse with hot water, blow it out and let it dry. I'm even still using the first stem I ever cut for my UD, not sure how long it's been now but it must be 6 months old already. It's really brown though, I should probably toss it but I've been saying that for months now :lol:

djonkoman

yes, having a half-functioning nose... just tried smelling my silicone stems and could only detect a faint smell at the bowl-end of one, both are filled(but cold).

djonkoman,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
great new video SM! that was a monster cloud too btw. a hit like that out of my UD would knock me out :lol: i always kinda thought that the UD page was a bit lacking with the videos but you've really helped solve that problem :tup:

i want to put up videos of mine in action but i want to have a better piece of glass to show off the UD because mine at the moment definitely does not do it justice. lately i've been having a strong craving for glass so maybe those videos will come sooner than later.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

darkrom

Great Scott!
bubinga_title.jpg

Dave a Bubinga clone of my current prototype core in the twig would be the only way I'd ever pass it on to a friend. I don't know how bubinga would work with the heat though. I'm really enjoying my proto twig and my King's Jester every single day without an issue to date. I'm quite impressed. My Jester SHOULD have the death rattle by now, but its going to stay strong forever. I can just feel it that that thing is going to outlive me. It will become my family heirloom one day.

darkrom,

AdmiralAlpacha

I throw mine in a bottle with alcohol for a couple of minutes and shake it a bit every other day or so, then rinse with hot water, blow it out and let it dry. I'm even still using the first stem I ever cut for my UD, not sure how long it's been now but it must be 6 months old already. It's really brown though, I should probably toss it but I've been saying that for months now :lol:
I'm confused a little lol, you shake it around every other day? or you do this process every other day?

yes, having a half-functioning nose... just tried smelling my silicone stems and could only detect a faint smell at the bowl-end of one, both are filled(but cold).
So do you have a secret cleaning method? lol or is the secret that your nose doesn't work

Being confused has been the theme for today, so sorry about that :p

AdmiralAlpacha,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Sorry, I messed up my grammar again I guess :)

I just put it in there for a few minutes. I do this every other day or two, or three, depending on how sticky it is.

OhTheAgony,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@ SM - yeah Rainbow Poplar is pretty stuff, hopefully the stock that comes in is a good example but even if it's on the bland side I'll find a use for it.

@ OTA - hey vapor zombie thanks for the update, happy to hear the MahoeMonster is showing you who's boss. Curly Ambrosia Maple is just Curly Maple that's suffered through the process of becoming Ambrosia, not sure what it looks like yet since it won't be here until the middle of next week. It'll have to go in the kiln when it gets here and probably won't be ready for use for a few months at best though so we'll have to be patient. :rant:

@ AA - so is it the stems themselves that smell of herb or is it the herb that's making the smell? I have my stems plugged with the little corks and it seems to keep the smell down but my sniffer isn't all to powerful so maybe a defective nose is the solution lol.

@ darkrom - I've done a couple Bubinga pieces before and it seemed to handle the heat about as well as most woods IIRC. Hopefully your KJ stays tight and maybe it will but it's a bit soon to say since we retrofitted it with the 24/7 core only a few months ago right? So there's still a while before we know how it ages. If it does come down with the death rattle we can always retrofit it with the insulated core. :science:

Alright back to work for me, trying to get my welding done today since it's supposed to be 100+ degrees here tomorrow and I don't want to do it then! Laters..

underdog,
Reactions: placetime
Top Bottom