Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
seems kinda like a stupid question, but... does the limoncillo wood smell like lemon?

Not a stupid question at all, especially given the name. I'll admit the first time I turned it I couldn't help but to sniff it and check for a lemon smell myself lol. :lol:

@ weedemon - thanks for the pics and review dude, glad the new Pup made it to you safely. As far as working on the dead one I personally wouldn't because from the pictures I saw I don't think the wood is solid enough around the bore hole to hold the core solidly even if you tried. It can also be tough to drill the piece open without tearing it up and you'd almost for sure sever the internal wires in the process anyways.. I think I'd keep it as a bookend or decorative piece instead.

Alright y'all I've gotta get back to the shop and work on some more pieces.. more to come for here and also more custom pieces still coming in. :peace:

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
A quick lineup of pieces just finished and in from the shop..
(would have added it to my previous post but I can no longer see the edit button. :huh: )

Lineup%20%28031412%29.jpg

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
That Red Oak is awesome Dave. Love the look of those two wood types together.

Gonzo,

SD_haze

Is the hole in the middle a LOT wider with the Blue Mahoe compared to the Red Oak? Or is that just an optical illusion from having such skinny wood around it :suspicious:

Aren't they both 3/8s?

SD_haze,

underdog

Manufacturer
@ SpaceKracker - thanks dude, your piece left today though so too late to change your mind lol..

@ Gonzo - agreed. ;)

@ SD - must be an illusion cause they're the same size, they do look different though huh. All are 3/8 cores yeah.

@ Vapinghole and HES - thanks guys, I try!

underdog,

stroh

errl enthusiast
wow that red oak cocobolo mix is lovely, reminds me of a big cookie jar :D the claro has a nice creamy curve to it's grain that compliments the chocolatey shade quite nicely

the show stealer is definitely the blue mahoe twig though, it is simply stunning; incredible grain and iridescence

stroh,

underdog

Manufacturer
Glad you guys like the new pieces.. plenty more (coming) where those came from. :p

Looks like the UD website is down now, must have been all that ooogling you dudes are giving the pictures. Happily though that's a good excuse for me to go to bed.. woohoo!

I know I still haven't answered some of your guys (and gals) emails and I'll start in on them in the morning, thanks! :peace:

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Not that you'll let that stop you, but no rush on the email dude :p

The Claro bullet & the Red Oak Cocobolo are beautiful as well, but another cheer for the Blue Mahoe from me. I don't know why I like that wood so much but it seems to call out to me. I remember there was another blue mahoe twig when I ordered my little bullet. I can't remember who it was anymore, but someone else had already taken it or I would have gone for that one. I think I'm going to end up with way to much dogs eventually :( I'm finally starting to understand how Gonzo ended up with so many logs :lol:

How come it's called blue mahoe btw? It looks just brown to me :shrug:

Dave, once posted you have 6 hours to edit your post before the option disappears. See explanation in post 8 and 10 here.

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: cycleb

underdog

Manufacturer
Not that you'll let that stop you, but no rush on the email dude :p

The Claro bullet & the Red Oak Cocobolo are beautiful as well, but another cheer for the Blue Mahoe from me. I don't know why I like that wood so much but it seems to call out to me. I remember there was another blue mahoe twig when I ordered my little bullet. I can't remember who it was anymore, but someone else had already taken it or I would have gone for that one. I think I'm going to end up with way to much dogs eventually :( I'm finally starting to understand how Gonzo ended up with so many logs :lol:

How come it's called blue mahoe btw? It looks just brown to me :shrug:

Dave, once posted you have 6 hours to edit your post before the option disappears. See explanation in post 8 and 10 here.

Thanks OTA for the clarification about the new post editing rules.. I hadn't noticed that before.

The wood is called Blue Mahoe because when you look at a piece of it up-close and personal there are blue-green streaks in the wood that are iridescent and pretty awesome to look at. It doesn't show well in pictures however.

The other Blue Mahoe Twig was meant for someone else (the one you mentioned) but ended up mine and is my daily workbench driver after I dropped it after it was finished and cracked it! Doh!

Score for me though.. lol.

underdog,

djonkoman

that blue mahoe indeed looks amazing, but the others too.
@OTA: maybe it has something to do with the tree when it's alive?

djonkoman,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well we've seen also blue gum. It woodcolor has nothing to do with blue too :p.
(40D_12235)w.jpg

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think this is the first time I hear of the blue gum Ab :lol:

& Dave just explained it Djonko. Are you enjoying your new twig btw? Are you still experimenting with pillows and blankets, or are you still happy with the temps you're getting?

My 13,8V PSU still hasn't arrived btw, so no news there unfortunately.

Thanks OTA for the clarification about the new post editing rules.. I hadn't noticed that before.

The wood is called Blue Mahoe because when you look at a piece of it up-close and personal there are blue-green streaks in the wood that are iridescent and pretty awesome to look at. It doesn't show well in pictures however.

The other Blue Mahoe Twig was meant for someone else (the one you mentioned) but ended up mine and is my daily workbench driver after I dropped it after it was finished and cracked it! Doh!

Score for me though.. lol.

Woah, are you sure we're talking about the same Mahoe twig Dave? I think I saw someone posting that it arrived? It was around 2 weeks or so before you shipped me mine I think, wait, we got new forum options now, lemme look it up real quick :)

Gotta love these new features, the one I'm talking about is this one and was suppose to go to Cluffy.

%2840D_12550%29.jpg

But if you cracked that one then congratulations I guess, haha. Was the crack to bad to offer it as a lost dog?

Your description of the wood only makes it sound more desirable to be honest, putting it on the wish-list now, damned...

OhTheAgony,

underdog

Manufacturer
Ah, oops I forgot about that one there OTA, that one successfully got finished and delivered.. the one I was talking about was earlier, maybe I never posted a picture of it. I'll grab one later and post it for you..

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I knew it, and awesome, we can never have to many pictures! :D

I have some hidden in my signature if anyone is interested btw. And more love for the new features I guess, I just can't stop messing with my sig :lmao:

I wanted to link the UD vaporpedia page to my signature instead of this thread, but I noticed there really isn't a lot in there but the basic info. Are there any UD owners active on VP who would like to have a look at that perhaps?

OhTheAgony,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I don't have access to the VP entry unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately depending on who you ask :shrug: )

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
Placetime setup the initial VP page for me months ago.. I'm sure he could tell you how to access it for anyone interested in updating it.

I would do it myself but I really just don't have the time at this point but I would be happy to provide any info or pictures needed.

underdog,

placetime

Last night I updated the vaporpedia link to this FC thread, since that was broken with the software upgrade, but other than that, I haven't gotten to doing much beyond the most basic info so far (as y'all have noticed...). I've been intending to add some pics to the UD vaporpedia entry, but just haven't gotten around to gathering some pics. :rolleyes:

Hey Dave--that would be great if you sent me some pics (or links to pics) I could post on there! :cool:

If anyone wants to help with the UD entry in the vaporpedia, or with any parts of the vaporpedia, contact vtac about getting a login. There are threads about it here:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporpedia-our-wiki.117/

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporpedia-account-requests.4668/

:peace:

placetime,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I don't have access to the VP entry unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately depending on who you ask :shrug: )

I read this before but thought it said 'why' instead of 'who' thus didn't really understand your post. It's actually kinda funny now I can read again :lol:

*hails mary*

Placetime setup the initial VP page for me months ago.. I'm sure he could tell you how to access it for anyone interested in updating it.

I would do it myself but I really just don't have the time at this point but I would be happy to provide any info or pictures needed.

I still haven't heard from Vtac about my VP-request, I should email him about it but I figured he was busy enough at the moment cleaning up some of the mess that the recent move made.

But I initially requested access to do a write up for the Vapocane, I'm not sure if I'd be the right guy to write a UD-PD page right now. I still feel like a bit of UD-noob with all my experimenting and would prefer to get to know the vape a little better first, preferably with a matching PSU so I can stop focusing at keeping it at the right temp all the time and do some serious experimenting. But I'm not even sure if my English is good enough to post something on there by myself to be honest, I feel my grammar and knowledge of the English vocabulary is pretty terrible at times. I'll do some brainstorming on what I could come up with on the UD though, if I can produce anything I feel is worth posting I'll cross-reference it with Dave & Placetime first.

edit: did it really take me 13 minutes to write up that post? Hadn't seen your post yet when I wrote this one Plactime. It doesn't seem to change must though, I just felt the need to add this :)

*hails mary again*

OhTheAgony,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
hey dave, i was look around the house to see if i could find some wax that you would usually get from the orthodontist from having braces to use in the aroma cup with the UD. i finally found some and is called "SmoothEase" and says "Silicone Relief Strips". Do you think these would be appropriate to use with the aroma cup? I figured if it's intended use is for oral care then it can't be too health hazardous.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

underdog

Manufacturer
hey dave, i was look around the house to see if i could find some wax that you would usually get from the orthodontist from having braces to use in the aroma cup with the UD. i finally found some and is called "SmoothEase" and says "Silicone Relief Strips". Do you think these would be appropriate to use with the aroma cup? I figured if it's intended use is for oral care then it can't be too health hazardous.

I would say that regular orthodontic wax would probably be ok as it is frequently made with paraffin and bees waxes (and other ingredients) but I'm not sure about the SmoothEase stuff especially if it's labeled Silicone Relief Strips as I'm not sure what the ingredients might be. I suppose you could give it a shot but if it smells funny or gives off any kind of fumes you'd obviously want to stop using it.

As a longer term solution (and probably a better one) you could pick up some beeswax at a local store, or even standard paraffin wax and use that just to be completely safe.

If you give the strips a shot please let us know how it works out.. :peace:

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
26882217.jpg

Not sure, but I think those will smell really bad and make a mess of the cup if you heat that. Or did I misunderstander what you want to use it for?

I think a simple beeswax would be a safer choice and just as easy to obtain.

edit: dang, he's fast..

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom