Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
After doing a bit more reading on the strips I'd advise against using it.

If it was a wax with silicone added it might be ok but I'm getting the feeling that it's a synthetic silicone substance and we really don't know what's in it. While it's obviously probably totally safe at body temperature we don't know what the unknown ingredients might do at the high temps the aroma cup is subject to.

underdog,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
hmmm, i think i'll just make the trip down to GNC or CVS later today and see if i can find some beeswax. rather be safe than sorry and go with the natural stuff. is it weird that i'm almost equally as excited to use my soon-to-be UD with the aroma cup as i am to use it as a vaporizer? :lol: don't get me wrong though, definitely real excited to be blowin some clouds :cool:

HighlyEducatedScholar,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
is it weird that i'm almost equally as excited to use my soon-to-be UD with the aroma cup as i am to use it as a vaporizer? :lol:

Just a little perhaps :)

I always thought the whole aroma-therapy thing was just a way for vape makers to disguise them as legitimate products, so far I've never used any of my vapes with their aroma therapy functions myself :lol:

I did buy some marijuana scented fragrance oily stuff while I was waiting for my UD though. But when I was about to try it out I read a warning on the package that it could damage wood (among other things) upon contact, so I ended up giving it away to a lady friend who has one of those 'dedicated' aroma therapy therapy devises that isn't made out of wood.

OhTheAgony,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
A quick lineup of pieces just finished and in from the shop..
(would have added it to my previous post but I can no longer see the edit button. :huh: )

Lineup%20%28031412%29.jpg

Wow that blue mahoe is one of the most beautiful pieces I have seen yet! Amazing work dave, and the red oak is incredible... I have the same problem with not being able to edit any of my posts, any idea why? I can't even type text in to reply, I have to quote someone and then edit it.. I am using firefox on mac

Elluzion,

sethhobrin

I was a member of this site years ago in its infancy. I was one of the first PD customers before they were even sold on vapenow.(verified by my post history) I've had 2 PDs running now for years and they have finally both died.(something internal is loose and they lose heat).

I was in the market for a new vape similar to a PD and came across the underdog. I fell in love and took a chance. received my Stacked Beehive on Monday and have had a few days with it and I am in love(and also extremely stoned out of my mind with these massive hits that I can take). this was never an option with the PD. Underdog is a stand up and generous guy and has been awesome to converse with over email about his product. You can tell he is passionate about his work. It wasn't until after I actually used the vape that I came here and started reading through this thread.

MY NEW VAPE: www.underdogvapes.com/catalog/vapes/all-vapes/11616/

She is beautiful!!!! I can't wait for the custom glass stems to become available again!!! Thanks Underdog and also thanks for the extra goodies!!!

sethhobrin,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
so just got back and i was able to pick up lemon essential oil and this big block of parrafin wax lol. i'm a bit surprised on how i couldn't find any beeswax while out but oh well, i have enough parrafin wax for an army of UD's :ko:

HighlyEducatedScholar,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
so just got back and i was able to pick up lemon essential oil and this big block of parrafin wax lol. i'm a bit surprised on how i couldn't find any beeswax while out but oh well, i have enough parrafin wax for an army of UD's :ko:

Just curious, what is the purpose of diffusing the essential oil in wax? I have never heard of this concept...

And also isn't parrafin added to many candles and soaps? but I remember also reading that it can be quite toxic possibly

Elluzion,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
Dave had suggested diffusing the essential oil in wax because when the aroma cup is not in use then the wax can solidify along with the oil so if knocked over the contents won't spill out. being as clumsy as i am i figured this would be a good idea for me.

The suggestion of parrafin was also a suggestion by Dave and after looking at OSHA's info on parrafin it seems fine.

"1.1.2. Toxicity

Pure paraffin wax is widely regarded as non toxic, but may possess some carcinogenic properties.(Ref 5.3) These properties are largely believed to be due to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, but most processed waxes in use in America today do not possess any measurable levels of polycyclics. (Ref 5.1) Work around molten paraffin, especially if it is overheated is more uncomfortable and nauseating than dangerous. (Ref 5.4) "

http://www.osha.gov/dts/sltc/methods/partial/pv2047/2047.html

HighlyEducatedScholar,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
That Stacked Beehive is a beautiful piece sethhobrin. You are one lucky dog owner.

Gonzo,

underdog

Manufacturer
@ Elluzion - glad you like the Blue Mahoe dude, me too. Luckily I have enough left for a few more pieces so this isn't the last you guys will see in the coming weeks. Re: the post edits - I've been informed that you only have a 6hr window in which to edit posts now. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure.

@ sethhobrin - glad you got your piece and that you're having a great time with it dude, it was a pleasure dealing with you!

@ HES - nice dude, Lemon oil is one of my favs and the paraffin should be fine as you already found. It's in our candles, on half our foods and what grandma has been using to can those tasty jams for the last 50 years.. can't be too bad for you. :)

Only one finished piece out of the shop today, most of day was spent assembling some custom pieces and getting them sent out. Now I have to get outa here for a bit and take care of some business then some R&R if you'll all allow me part of the night off. :cool:

Now, for that one piece I finished today:
Red Oak / Black Walnut / Zebrawood
%2840D_12726%29w.JPG
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/members/sethhobrin.353/

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hey, Dave.

I ran out of screens. Can I buy screens in bulk from you? I seem to burn through them pretty quickly, and my LHS doesn't carry the 5/8" screens (I think that the size you use).

:peace:

Stu,

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey, Dave.

I ran out of screens. Can I buy screens in bulk from you? I seem to burn through them pretty quickly, and my LHS doesn't carry the 5/8" screens (I think that the size you use).

Sure thing but the ones I use are 1/2" for doming and inserting into the silicone stems for the 3/8 core'd UDs and 3/8" ones for using with the 1/4" core and for glass stems. Not sure what size you need but you sure your LHS doesn't have them?

underdog,
Reactions: cycleb

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just measured my last screen. It's 1/2". The ones my LHS had were either smaller or way too big.

Stu,

underdog

Manufacturer
I just measured my last screen. It's 1/2". The ones my LHS had were either smaller or way too big.

Ah, cool. I do sell the screens, you can get them here: http://www.underdogvapes.com/catalog/accessories/screens/ if you don't need a full 100 pack or want ones of different sizes I also sell them in a 25 pack for $2 but that option isn't on the website yet so we'd have to do it manually.

underdog,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Just ordered them. Thanks, Dave. I feel silly for not checking your website first.

Thanks!

Stu,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
This new piece reminds somehow of Jester and the King ... Since all the wood varieties involved are from continental America .. it can be pronounced for being the first "American King"...
:). Btw i also have trouble finding those screens at the LHS They have only with wider holes.. I take 1-3 (softer) and hammer them together to make a finer screen but edges must be peeled carefully in order not to scratch the silicon..
----------------
Btw i heard of variety called Kingwood which is called so because it was the preferred material in furniture of the highest royalties..
2z6f9y1.jpg
kingwood-endgrain-zoom-200x200.jpg
kingwood-turned-200x150.jpg
:

Kingwood.jpg

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: cycleb

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
My 13,8V is here, and it's hot! :evil:

I never imagined this would happen, but I even had to move the screen back to prevent combustion at the end of my first bowl :lol:
This also means I get to vape way bigger bowls as a bonus now, if I should feel the need to at least. Before the screen had to be so close to the heater that I couldn't get anything over 0,12gram in the bowl, at most.

It turned the UD in to a totally different beast. I thought I could get fat clouds before with my couch stuffing solution, but this shit is just totally of the hook now! Superthick white clouds I've never seen before. I finally get what you guys were talking about with that fog stuff now, nice job Dave :brow:

I beter get this stuff on video and make WatTyler buy another vaporizer, lol

My 2,1mm plug with the screw-on things hasn't arrived from Hong Kong yet, so I can't measure what's happening under load right now, but without the UD attached I get a handsome 14,2V from this notebook adapter. Oh, and I don't think it's a switching one, it can't be much over 250 gram and it is smaller then it looked like in the add.

It's been on it for a good hour and a half now (not a cold start, I had it on another adapter for days already), and my pup is getting pretty hot on the outside as well now. The adapter only gets lukewarm so everything seems fine there.

I'll probably stress it out a bit in the beginning and leave it one this PSU for a few 8 to 12 hour sessions just to see if it doesn't kill it, but I don't think I'll leave it on this one 24/7. Probably just when I'm home, and put it on 12V when I'm out or go to bed. I'll keep you guys posted :D

OhTheAgony,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
This is great news OTA :clap: Glad to hear your pup is finally putting out the monster clouds UD's are famous for. I have been using my UD for low temp vaping with the VV set at 11.5 this past week. This has been producing nice size clouds with incredible flavor :smug: Not as thick as before but the taste is hard to beat. I still crank it up to 13 at night though to get me where I want to be :zzz:

*Edited for typos*

Gonzo,

djonkoman

nice news OTA
I revaped some of my ABV in my VG today and can still get some nice clouyds(and a nice high) out of it.
wich is a nice combo, in the UD I get a superior amazing taste-experiece and a very good high from very little, and I can vape the ABV in my VG when I want a quick toke or higher temp, or I could save it for at the bar

but maybe I'll get a highervoltage adaptor too, I'll still begin with my present adaptor since the taste is just so good this way and I like the lowtemp too(when I tried the pilowmethod the taste was less amazing), but would be nice to get some of those famous clouds too

djonkoman,
Either I'm not doing something right, or the ud doesn't get nearly hot enough to properly vape herb. My avb is dark green at best and still has a lot of vapor left in it. I can throw it in a vaproite at 320 degrees and roast it on down to coffee ground brown, almost black. The clouds aren't very thick either, like it cools down after you hit it for a few seconds. It hasn't made me cough once. I need to be able to get this thing a lot hotter or I may just order an ssv.

SpaceKracker,

stroh

errl enthusiast
Either I'm not doing something right, or the ud doesn't get nearly hot enough to properly vape herb. My avb is dark green at best and still has a lot of vapor left in it. I can throw it in a vaproite at 320 degrees and roast it on down to coffee ground brown, almost black. The clouds aren't very thick either, like it cools down after you hit it for a few seconds. It hasn't made me cough once. I need to be able to get this thing a lot hotter or I may just order an ssv.

definitely some error with your technique, experiment with draw speeds, bowl pack density, screen placement, or maybe even try the couch/pillow stuffing method to increase heat, my ABV is a dark chocolate and i would be hard pressed to extract anything further from it.

stroh,
Top Bottom