TV Shows - General Discussion

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Anyway. Here's a trailer for the new Netflix adaptation of The Three Body Problem.

Cautiously optimistic on this one. The book series this is based on was one of the most unique, mind bending science fiction I've ever read.

Yeah. I LOVED the books. Therefore, I expect the show to let me down.
Have you watched the 30-something episode Chinese version of the show from a few years back?

I'm working my way through it now...

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Oh good to see Fallout has potential. Added it to my watch list.

I finished the first 13 seasons of bobs burgers and it was lots of fun. Great characters that all have their own charm. Zeke omg what a sweetie. And holy moly H Jon Benjamin's voice acting with his countless characters is a real tour de force.

Gonna watch Invincible new episodes next.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I've been watching the new ted Series on the NBC you have to pay for. It's pretty good!
I dunno how their CGI looks better than Marvel movies.

Haha yeah I was so glad to see them cast that kid from Parenthood to star, such a good actor, I'm looking forward to it, though I finally watched the second movie and it was so awful as expected lol I know this show will be much better! Definitely fun

Did anyone else watch the finale of The Curse last night? Honestly one of the most insane hours of television I've ever seen in my life.

Oh wow, I only got to see the third episode so far with my roommate, and at the end he said he was done (nothing happening) so now I will continue on my own lol

Shit Snacks,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Oh wow, I only got to see the third episode so far with my roommate, and at the end he said he was done (nothing happening) so now I will continue on my own lol
It's been a few weeks, I'm recovered enough to try episode 2.
You guys make it sound so, uh, awesome going forward...
:lol:

florduh

Who knew removing marky mark would improve something? 😏
I liked the Ted movies. But the series really shows how replaceable Marky Mark was. I guess you just need people with offensively thick Boston accents to play off the vulgar teddy bear:shrug:

New True Detective starting tomorrow night w/ Jodie Foster.

I rewatched the first season last week. What a banger.

Season 1 of True Detective is a thrilling tale about putting bros before ho's. And catching Satanic pedophiles with your friends. The dynamic between Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey was awesome.

True Detective Drinking GIF

I watched the second season and it was a well done cop show. But nothing more. It didn't really capture the magic of the first one. Haven't watched the show since.

I'm looking forward to the Jodie Foster version though. It looks like they're leaning more into the spooky occult stuff again.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I only saw the first season. I'll never forget that minutes long one shot pursuit scene.

I tried the second one but couldn't get into it. Give the third one a go when I've finished some of the shows I'm currently watching.

EarthworldTim

I watched the second season and it was a well done cop show. But nothing more. It didn't really capture the magic of the first one. Haven't watched the show since.

I'm looking forward to the Jodie Foster version though. It looks like they're leaning more into the spooky occult stuff again.
I thought the second season of True Detective was terrible. I couldn’t even finish it. Absolutely loved season 1. The third season was a bit of a bounce back, definitely solid. Will be watching the S4 premiere tonight for sure.
I recall thinking the writing and plot in season 2 wasn't great but Colin Ferrell was excellent.
I recently watched all of season 3 because when it came out I fell off after a few episodes. I liked season 3 more than 2 but I hope this Jodie Foster season can come close to the first season. 🤞

Going to finish The Curse soon and I'm really "enjoying" it, so uncomfortable.

This season of Fargo is fine, better than some of the previous but still not season 1-2 level imo.

Slow Horses is an all time favorite now after the most recent season. Gary Oldman ripping farts in a Rolls Royce, amazing.

I haven't watched a lot of anime, pretty much only Cowboy Bebop and recently Blue Eye Samurai, but I really like Delicious In Dungeon on Netflix so far.

Criminal Record seems promising, see where it goes.

I welcome all the TV entertainment(distraction) I can get in this year of our dark lord 2024, gonna be a doozy.

Shit Snacks

really like Delicious In Dungeon on Netflix so far

Yes! I catch a lot of anime now because my roommate watches so much (also a lot of YouTube cooking shows), he also got into more d&d stuff with baldur's gate and vox machina, which I've seen as well, so yeah this was a really fun one and I was just a little disappointed that it's week to week release lol though I normally enjoy that!

EarthworldTim

Yes! I catch a lot of anime now because my roommate watches so much, he also got into more d&d stuff with baldur's gate and vox machina, which I've seen as well, so yeah this was a really fun one and I was just a little disappointed that it's week to week release lol though I normally enjoy that!
Same! I started the first episode and almost turned it off but it hooked me about 10-12 min in and then I was very disappointed when it ended and I couldn't binge a few episodes :lol:

It started as a viewing to vet it for my kids and I think they'd love it after seeing the first two episodes but I'm very curious about the TV-MA rating and where/when that comes in so I will hold off with them.

For kid viewing, mine really loved the new animated Pokemon Concierge despite not being very familiar with that IP. I never liked the old Pokemon show and this one definitely has some similarities but it was more fun with the stop motion animation and new story.

Last edited:

Marlon Rando

Any walking ded fans in here? 'The Ones Who Live' premiere next month, pumped to find oot what happened to fucking Rick and Michonne!
Reruns of fearWD is tiding us thru.

Marlon Rando,
Reactions: fangorn

Shit Snacks

What service is the Ted series on?
Peacock/NBC Premium. I guess Ted is their most watched show.

Yeah, I may have gotten a little creative for my own viewing of it, but not surprised it would be doing so well for them, by far the biggest original for them yet I think, Mrs Davis and Pokerface did well, but they're not based on IP brand the same way

Any walking ded fans in here? 'The Ones Who Live' premiere next month, pumped to find oot what happened to fucking Rick and Michonne!
Reruns of fearWD is tiding us thru.

Oh sorry I gave up on the original series, early in that season where they were teasing Rick's death before he left? Zero interest in these spin-offs (the one with Carol has the most absurd name that I've maybe ever seen for a series and I've seen some pretty ridiculous names lol) except I did enjoy Fear throughout (mostly) and still need to watch the final episodes actually... Also planning to watch Tales, since it was just standalone anthology episodes, hit and miss maybe

Marlon Rando

Yeah, I may have gotten a little creative for my own viewing of it, but not surprised it would be doing so well for them, by far the biggest original for them yet I think, Mrs Davis and Pokerface did well, but they're not based on IP brand the same way

Oh sorry I gave up on the original series, early in that season where they were teasing Rick's death before he left? Zero interest in these spin-offs (the one with Carol has the most absurd name that I've maybe ever seen for a series and I've seen some pretty ridiculous names lol) except I did enjoy Fear throughout (mostly) and still need to watch the final episodes actually... Also planning to watch Tales, since it was just standalone anthology episodes, hit and miss maybe
I get it, first three were the best, different directors etc.. the show goes on, still we held on. Even fear, the end is kinda meh but overall love the arc. And curious about the ones who live. It's going to be good so long they keep it..well yea that.

Shit Snacks

I get it, first three were the best, different directors etc.. the show goes on, still we held on. Even fear, the end is kinda meh but overall love the arc. And curious about the ones who live. It's going to be good so long they keep it..well yea that.

Yeah they've had quite a few different showrunners, even in the middle there were some really good episodes, some resurgence when they had new showrunners take over at those times, different episodic and season structures... Fear changed a lot yeah, had a soft reboot really, and then got into a rhythm... Still feels pretty hit and miss though yeah this final season is only okay really, good to end the original spin-off

Marlon Rando

Yeah they've had quite a few different showrunners, even in the middle there were some really good episodes, some resurgence when they had new showrunners take over at those times, different episodic and season structures... Fear changed a lot yeah, had a soft reboot really, and then got into a rhythm... Still feels pretty hit and miss though yeah this final season is only okay really, good to end the original spin-off
I'm with u on this, however I wanna see where the writers take it. Fucking Rick man!

Top Bottom