TV Shows - General Discussion

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm with u on this, however I wanna see where the writers take it. Fucking Rick man!

Haha yeah I look forward to hearing your thoughts! He is quite an ultimate survivor, and with Michonne even better (actually I remember now it was the first time they teased Rick's death, so I'm not sure anymore if I even saw the two of them get together ever lol) remember when it was going to be a theatrical film originally or even a trilogy ha

florduh

"So what did you think of The Curse finale?"

me:

GDvUYnibUAAMF2t

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

That finale of s3 true detective is horrible lol, I mean the way the story ends isn't bad but the way the denouement of the main plot is presented is just awful.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

That finale of s3 true detective is horrible lol, I mean the way the story ends isn't bad but the way the denouement of the main plot is presented is just awful.

I didn't even try with Season 3 after Season 2. I watched the first episode of the new Jodie Foster season. It intrigued me enough to keep watching. Kind of reminds me of an X-Files episode. But they still haven't managed to recapture the magic of that first season.

EarthworldTim

Me, trying to figure out how Rolling Stone could possibly say this about the worst fucking hour of television I have ever watched in my entire life.

GGrhNCdWIAAIuuP
I'd say it was definitely a let down but I also think it's never been realistic to hope for another season anywhere close to the first.

I haven't re-watched the first season in many years but what I found most annoying with this season was the use of the imaginary horror elements in an attempt to develop the creepy atmosphere that the first season had without imaginary crap iirc. I thought the cast was good but it did seem misleading and cheap to take that approach and ultimately led to a major let down and an ending that felt lazy to me.

EarthworldTim,

Shit Snacks

trying to figure out how Rolling Stone could possibly say this about the worst fucking hour of television I have ever watched in my entire life

I haven't seen it, I fell asleep during the first episode of the first season of true detective and still have not tried to watch it again yet because it's hard to get in the mood for something like that lol I did see mostly positive things about the new season though (However I specifically have had zero respect for rolling stone critics in any medium for a very long time now) :rofl:

Shit Snacks,

florduh

I'd say it was definitely a let down but I also think it's never been realistic to hope for another season anywhere close to the first.

I haven't re-watched the first season in many years but what I found most annoying with this season was the use of the imaginary horror elements in an attempt to develop the creepy atmosphere that the first season had without imaginary crap iirc. I thought the cast was good but it did seem misleading and cheap to take that approach and ultimately led to a major let down and an ending that felt lazy to me.

Yeah that's fair. I also liked the cast (I mean, it has Jodie Foster). Loved the setting! Most of the season was pretty weak, but I was ready to forgive all of it if they somewhat stuck the landing. But you're 100% right, the whole finale was so fuckin lazy!! I had low expectations too.

Completely agree that they didn't need cheap supernatural elements to give the audience the creeps. It's a murder story above the arctic circle when the sun doesn't rise. That's creepy enough.

Honestly I would've rather watched a show entirely about the pot smoking old lady. She was my favorite character by far.

intro-1704997051.jpg

I really appreciated her openly smoking weed in front of a cop because it's legal in Alaska without addressing it at all. A big plus for normalization.

EarthworldTim

Yeah that's fair. I also liked the cast (I mean, it has Jodie Foster). Loved the setting! Most of the season was pretty weak, but I was ready to forgive all of it if they somewhat stuck the landing. But you're 100% right, the whole finale was so fuckin lazy!! I had low expectations too.

Completely agree that they didn't need cheap supernatural elements to give the audience the creeps. It's a murder story above the arctic circle when the sun doesn't rise. That's creepy enough.

Honestly I would've rather watched a show entirely about the pot smoking old lady. She was my favorite character by far.

intro-1704997051.jpg

I really appreciated her openly smoking weed in front of a cop because it's legal in Alaska without addressing it at all. A big plus for normalization.
Yeah I agree and I think I was only invested to the point that I was going to give it a chance and see it through as 6 episodes is a preferred length for me.

I did have to chuckle when it ended because I couldn't help but think the show really fucked up with showing us the conclusion to the last investigation(flash back scene) the main detectives worked because that seemed obviously more worthy of a season than this case. Mind baffling they had that idea as just a flash back tease like "this is what you missed" and then thought this would be a satisfying ending but what do I know, critics love it apparently.

I do think the cast is really what kept me in the show and I agree we needed much more of her, killed her scenes.

EarthworldTim,

Shit Snacks

This might be the next great adult animation, created by a writer from BoJack with EP from TucaS2 +Craig of the Creek, Maya Rudolph & Natasha Lyonne producing voicing with other great voices too...

Hazbin Hotel has been interesting as well lol getting funnier and does have fresh animation (quality of which improved after the pilot too) with well done music... This one was acquired by Amazon, whereas Hospital was developed by them... Both have orders for two seasons though at least

florduh

Okay I finally watched season finale of the curse... Damn that was tense! A little sad and frustrating, but also pretty ridiculous? Interesting... Great film work for sure

I don't really get anything out of most horror movies. I just never really seem...horrified. But I was absolutely horrified watching the back half of The Curse finale. But also laughing my ass off the whole time. I don't think that's easy to pull off. The whole series was definitely weird, but it was kind of nice watching something truly different.

IMO, Fielder and Safdie are some of the best in the game right now.

Shit Snacks

I don't really get anything out of most horror movies. I just never really seem...horrified. But I was absolutely horrified watching the back half of The Curse finale. But also laughing my ass off the whole time. I don't think that's easy to pull off. The whole series was definitely weird, but it was kind of nice watching something truly different.

IMO, Fielder and Safdie are some of the best in the game right now.

Yeah, exactly, I like tension thriller, and this was like the most intense I've felt in a long time watching one... And you're right it was still so hilarious haha and heartbreaking, safdie's character really goes through it actually while you're saying no the whole time just as you would in a horror movie because you know better than they do... that film work!!!! Hope most made it to the end

Shit Snacks,

CANtalk

I enjoyed Monsieur Spade.

And season 2 of Tokyo Vice is excellent.

:peace: :leaf:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yeah, exactly, I like tension thriller, and this was like the most intense I've felt in a long time watching one... And you're right it was still so hilarious haha and heartbreaking
I can't get past episode 2 of The Curse.
Me and tense tv/movies just don't mix that well. Up to a point, I'm good, after that I can't take it.

My tense moments this last couple weeks have come from the stupid Traitors series. Finished US and Australian first seasons. Each of those had endings that could shake one's faith in humanity....sorta.
Now mid season on UK's.
I do loves me some stupid tension!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I finished Lupin. It was watchable but has some shit in it that I really hate in stories, so that hurt the potential for me. It's leaning quite a bit on flashbacks, which is something that needs a decent execution to not become irritating. Here there's too high amount of jumping back and forth used to help contextualize the main plot, that it start to feel like a cheap device to give the viewer exposure. Also really disliked how the woman in the story, who's a strong character in the flashbacks, in the main plot becomes this accessory to the protagonist. She's turned into this stereotypical weak woman who unrealistically accepts all of her man's fuckups, as to show the protagonist's charm over her. Lastly the show is really centered around the personal life of the main character, limiting what imo should've been the strength of the series, namely the action scenes where three main character shows his skills as the gentleman thief.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

CANtalk

Last edited:
CANtalk,

florduh

Enjoyed this documentary series again (6 hrs)

It's been a good historical tie-in to the new fictional Shōgun series from the same general time period. Shōgun has excellent sets / visuals & is quite good so far ⭐, rated 99% on RT currently 👍

:peace: :leaf:

Only had time for the first two episodes but Shogun seems really good! Except for all the anti-Catholic racism from the British guy :disgust:.

dune-memes10.png

florduh,
Reactions: CANtalk
Top Bottom