TV Shows - General Discussion

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Really? I can't imagine that working with a streaming service... I guess YouTube works the same way? But when I think of ad block software I think of pop-ups and banners etc...?
I use adguard paid service and use their dns as well (whatever tf that means) and I never get a single ad, even in app banners are blocked.

But for streaming I use tvOS on my LG tv and they don't and probably won't ever have adblockers in their store.

It's getting to be time to Reject Modernity and Embrace Tradition.

pirate-bay-logo1.jpg
Yeah I've started torrenting again this year mainly for cartoons that aren't available on service here.

I do still use Prime d as it's really cheap here because they are still trying to gain market share (was 3€ up until last month, now increased to 5€) and HBO Max because I have lifetime 50% off as long as i keep my subscription active (was their offer when they entered Dutch market).

Hope that this type of behavior with the ads that takes the fun out of streaming service will result in more seeders :tup:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Don't know about phones but works on Youtube any dodgy streaming site I use with my laptop.
I use adguard paid service and use their dns as well (whatever tf that means) and I never get a single ad, even in app banners are blocked.

But for streaming I use tvOS on my LG tv and they don't and probably won't ever have adblockers in their store

All right yeah that's specifically what I was saying, useless for Amazon prime video (or the other main streamers that are adding ads) which was my entire point actually

(been so long since I ever tried streaming something illegally with all those links and such yeah I can't believe I used to do it without an ad blocker even haha)

Hope that this type of behavior with the ads that takes the fun out of streaming service will result in more seeders :tup:

Yeah I'm not so sure, things don't stay seeding and some things never get uploaded unfortunately, what's really shitty is that includes shows that were completely pulled from streamers and vaulted so they can never be seen (like the final season of infinity train, grr)

florduh

I think the problem is there are millions of people who watch on some sort of Smart TV/Firestick/AppleTV app. They're just gonna have to eat the ads.

I used this service before:

It streams torrents from their own servers. This is beneficial for a few reasons. You don't have to download the show/movie. You can just stream it. But if you want to download it, you can. And it's much faster than using a torrent client. Safer too. You don't even need a VPN. Your ISP never knows exactly what you're downloading.

It costs a few dollars/euros per month, but might be worth it for some. Paired with software like Stremio, it's just as easy to use as the Netflix or MAX apps.

Shit Snacks

I think the problem is there are millions of people who watch on some sort of Smart TV/Firestick/AppleTV app. They're just gonna have to eat the ads.

Well, I'm someone who just plugs my laptop directly into the television, so I go to streaming service websites, I don't have ad blockers but I still cannot imagine them skipping programmed ads on like say Amazon Freevee for example... + Prime Video

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

programmed ads
I agree if they implement it is programmed, implementing the ads like the previews of other content they show before starting an episode, it's unlikely it can be blocked. If however it is a sort of plugged in style akin to that ads on YT, and which I expect to be necessary should they want to show ads targeted at a specific set of persons and/or use a bidding system to sell the ads, there might be possibilities.

florduh

Rogers has reason to believe K's name is on the Epstein list...I believe the list are visitors to his private island...

I don't know if Jimmy Kimmel is on some unreleased Epstein list. But I tend to doubt that Aaron Rogers, one of the dumbest motherfuckers in the dumbest country in the history of this planet, cracked the case.

Aaron Rogers full 2023 season highlights:

Also, given that Jordan Love has performed about as well for the Packers as Rogers did for the previous 10 seasons, the Jets look like real fucking idiots for giving this washed up 40 year old a 100 million dollar contract. Just to snap his leg 5 minutes into the season.

florduh

As a longtime suffering Jets fan, this Rodgers saga has been absolutely brutal to watch. Never-ending circus. :lol:

LOL I'm sorry, man. I don't really have anything against the Jets. I thought it would be kinda cool if Rogers actually produced for them. Mostly because it would piss Packers fans off :lol:.

Then I watched that first game...

Sorry, but I laughed my ass off. All the 9/11 God Bless America fanfare, led by Rogers. Only for it to end the way it did. The script writers really outdid themselves.

Anyway. Here's a trailer for the new Netflix adaptation of The Three Body Problem.

Cautiously optimistic on this one. The book series this is based on was one of the most unique, mind bending science fiction I've ever read.

The premise is....Earth's most prominent physicists all start committing suicide. Why?

Only problem is...I saw a lot of Game of Thrones actors in the trailer. Which was cool. But it reminded me that the disgraced duo behind GOT is making this. At least this book series is complete. Maybe they won't fuck it up this time:shrug:

florduh

My trepidations exactly on this one lol even before GOT, they are not good writers really, so we'll see how they do over here I guess

Yeah. The book series is a trilogy. My prediction is, they might be able to pull off portraying the first book in an entertaining way. But the remaining books will require incredibly talented producers to adapt well. Something those guys are not. So I guess it will follow the GOT pattern :shrug:.

I kind of feel like the Nolan brother who made Westworld might have been a better option for this series. And funny enough his Fallout series is dropping a few weeks after 3 Body Problem.

Shit Snacks

Yeah I think fallout is going to do pretty well and be pretty good? Although I really did not like the peripheral that he and his wife did for Amazon first lol renewed then canceled it

florduh

Yeah I think fallout is going to do pretty well and be pretty good? Although I really did not like the peripheral that he and his wife did for Amazon first lol renewed then canceled it

Dude, I had fairly low expectations for the Fallout series. I'm a big fan of New Vegas and Fallout 4. And most of the video game shows have been pretty mid. But the trailer for the Fallout series blew me away. Shit, I'll post it again.

The first season of Westworld was one of the most solid seasons of TV I've ever seen. So I'm hopeful they'll nail Fallout.

Shit Snacks

Dude, I had fairly low expectations for the Fallout series. I'm a big fan of New Vegas and Fallout 4. And most of the video game shows have been pretty mid. But the trailer for the Fallout series blew me away. Shit, I'll post it again.

The first season of Westworld was one of the most solid seasons of TV I've ever seen. So I'm hopeful they'll nail Fallout.

Haha I know next to nothing about it other than the trailer and a little reading... Most video game adaptations suck something fierce lol (and I'm not even really a gamer)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: florduh

badbee

I was really happy with that trailer. The show might not be perfect but it shows they at least understand the dark humor behind the game. I can't wait to see some badass BoS power armor fights.

They could have gone pure HALO or Starship Troopers, thank god we dodged that bullet.

badbee,
  • Love
Reactions: florduh

florduh

Haha I know next to nothing about it other than the trailer and a little reading...

It's really fun IP. Funny too. When I first heard about the show I was extremely skeptical. After the trailer I was like "why hasn't anyone done this before??"

The show might not be perfect but it shows they at least understand the dark humor behind the game. I can't wait to see some badass BoS power armor fights.

Yes! It hit for me when the 50's music started and they cut to the BoS dude in power armor. It looks like they get it.

I've got Uranium Fever!

florduh

Aaron's the only 4x mvp, p. manning's got 5 mvps.
Jim Brown and a few others got it 3x.

You should tell Jets fans that I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

Also speaking of the Mannings and TV shows, their Monday Night Football show on ESPN was really fun this season!

maxresdefault.jpg

florduh,

joupotu

Got no use for Mannings whatsoever. I heard while Payton was still playing
that he had political aspirations, God forbid.

Speak of trash tv, ever caught any of The Bradshaw Bunch?
It's trailer tramp trash tv, his daughters behave like crack ho's. You'd think he
could've sent them to a decent private school. The one daughter who's half
way not a half-wit is the step daughter. I watched a few episodes, i admit.
Or, there's the Pat Mcaffee show where all this kimmel/rodgers shit continued yesterday.
Now that one's a dilly. Bunch of redneck aholes opining about f'ball or wotev.

(Wonder if it's too late to edit this.): I gotta walk back what I said about the Mannings' show.
About which I said nothing, but you're right it was kind of a fun show. They had somebody
on that I liked. Anyhow, yeah, it was okay, I just don't like the Manning boys, is all. Kinda
like the Harbaughs -- dun like 'em, either. Then if u watch Good Morning Football, there's
Jason Mcourty who replaced, nate Burleson. McCourty's twin bro is on ESPN or NFL or something
now that he retired from the Pats. They're twins, look, sound the same, ugh. Ahh, NFL, nepotism
and pedigree, where someday there won't be anybody on the field whose dad wasn't a player.
No fun in that, really.

Last edited:
joupotu,
Top Bottom