1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

TV Shows - General Discussion

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by the ob, Jun 5, 2010.

1. crawdad

crawdad floatin

doors and corners

grokit and GetLeft like this.
  2. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

For dark, eccentric British humour : Flowers.

RUDE BOY and GetLeft like this.
  3. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

Probably nobody else likes this TV show. It’s on National Geographic. I love watching Dr. Pol. He is a vet in Michigan who is originally from the Netherlands. He’s been a vet for over 30 years. It’s a reality show about a veterinarian clinic who deal with large and small animals. He and a couple of other vets go out on calls at farms as well as treating animals at their clinic. It’s just a feel good show for me. It helps with anxiety.

RUDE BOY and GetLeft like this.
  4. Accept

Accept Well-Known Member

Westworld, season two finale. Compares well with The Matrix (could almost be prologue) and Black Mirror.

[​IMG]

Trinity? Agent Smith?

Loved sci-fi in the seventies. The old movie's a hoot. Recommend rewatching.

grokit and RUDE BOY like this.
  5. Hippie

Hippie Well-Known Member

We have a show on Channel 4 in the UK called The Supervet which follows events at Fitzpatrick referrals where vet Professor Noel Fitzpatrick performs some amazing veterinary surgery.
    https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-supervet
    Make sure you've got tissues handy, it can be a real rollercoaster sometimes watching their recovery.

6. wkndwarrior

wkndwarrior Active Member

They hit that perfect balance of leaving out enough details to let your mind wander but not so much that there are huge holes or things glossed over. I love how I am not exactly sure what timeline I am on (but I also feel like I am not supposed to and it will be revealed). It was a hard season to take 1.5+ years off from the original story without re-watching though.

7. Accept

Accept Well-Known Member

In this finale, the story appears to resolve most of its puzzles. Of course, it poses new ones in the after-the-credits teaser. Might re-watch from the beginning, now that it all makes sense.

It's also a remarkably beautiful episode, both words and images.

8. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

Westworld finale raised more questions after the stinger/credits, we shall see?! Does anyone on here like watching the Discovery Show "How its made"? I don't know but when I vape some times I just binge watch.

nosmoking, Hippie and RUDE BOY like this.
  9. seaofgreens

seaofgreens My Mind Is Free

Netflix: Cooking on High... :shrug:

nosmoking likes this.
  10. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

This was a total miss. Who are these people and what is this show about? Its not really much of a competition. The only thing good about this show is when they give a little weed101 lesson.

seaofgreens and RUDE BOY like this.
  11. Hammahead

Hammahead Well-Known Member

As to the greatest series of all times, of course The Wire and The Sopranos must be mentioned, but one certain show tends to be missed out: Six Feet Under, which I believe is one of the most wholesome of all shows and it's got an angle that really every one can relate to, a normal, slightly dysfunctional family setting. It's been Michael C. Halls (Dexter) first major appearance, and it's so full of true emotions and wisdom, I can't recommend it enough.

This year I've come across two new series that raised the benchmarks in terms of absolute, merciless honesty, great writing and not-of-this-earth acting: Patrick Melrose (recently finished) and just now, Sharp Objects. A wide range of all sorts of unresolved, past family abuse and a more than unstable present for the protagonists, having to deal with very demanding matters.

A bit on the lighter side while still pretty deep: the latest Dirk Gently adaptation, co(?)-starring - once again - Elijah Wood. Truly mind boggling...

12. just_the_flu

just_the_flu they say im crazy but i have a have a good time

...this is an english program... i had to download the first 3 seasons (not sure if more now)... it's funnier than fuck! reminds me a lot of growing up....

[​IMG]

Nooky72, RUDE BOY and Ricardo like this.
  13. Ricardo

RUDE BOY and just_the_flu like this.
  14. hopla

hopla Well-Known Member

a great serie stupidly canceled after only one season was "Terriers" starring Donal Logue and Michael Raymond-James
    there's the pilot on youtube (strange reduced video format...)
    Click to play YouTube Video

A great classic comedy for me is "Black Books" (from Gary Linehan, the guys who created the original UK serie The It crowd) with the great Dylan Moran as a misanthropic bookshop owner.

Ricardo likes this.
  15. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Preacher.....one of my current favorites. Some laugh out loud stuff going on in there.

withoutbliss, hd_rider and RUDE BOY like this.
  16. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

Westworld and Supernatural, as always.

seaofgreens and RUDE BOY like this.
  17. Ricardo

Season 2 of Luke Cage. Dope music :nod:

18. Silver420Surfer

Silver420Surfer Well-Known Member

Sharp Objects by the same author as "Gone Girl", but definitely a bit darker. If you have read any of my suggestions here(or in the Neflixxing thread) you'll know I appreciate well developed characters and strong storyline and this show checks them both off for me.

****Check it out but be warned for those with any mental issues, it could trigger some negative associations so please be forewarned.****

RUDE BOY, seaofgreens and Hammahead like this.
  19. Hammahead

Hammahead Well-Known Member

Recommended it after episode 2 and can't wait for #5 this weekend. If you like that series, try Patrck Melrose

Silver420Surfer and RUDE BOY like this.
  20. withoutbliss

withoutbliss Active Member

Loudermilk was good through the whole first season. Definitely recommend this show to anyone with a cynical outlook on things.

RUDE BOY likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors