1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

TV Shows - General Discussion

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by the ob, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

Yup. Nearly finished. I have problems remembering plots and characters at the best of times..... really struggling with the stacks/sleeves setup in this one but hey, I'm just about keeping up thanks to episode recaps :tup:
    EDIT [possible thematic SPOILERS]: I know it's based on a book and many reviews say the show is pretty faithful to the novel but it's not as good as I had hoped for, and not just because of my stoner inability to follow the plot. In fact, it's great to watch high - loads of Bladerunneresque visuals and a huge production budget. But 300 years in the future people still smoke? Women are raped and killed with impunity (as long as they are re-sleeved - so much for #metoo). I dunno, there are big themes that could be explored but aren't. I believe there will be a second season so, naturally, they're gonna drag things out. I much prefer adaptations from novels as a mini-series, ie, The Handmaid's Tale - one season, tell the story, done & dusted. :2c:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Helios and RUDE BOY like this.
  2. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

{spoiler}yea lol I watch it vaped every night and am constantly asking my girlfriend what I just missed haha yea for me its the "Envoys" which are confusing are they dissidents or UN or both? yes on your 300 years into the future questions.. another note, kovach paid with scrip or cash in a transaction or two?! they still have paper currency that far ahead?? its a heavy themed show too much going on at once, I'm on ep. 5 and am taking it slow even rewinding a few shows due to all that info! yea next year will continue into season 2 so plenty of rewatching. I love the music its awesome. J. kinnaman is alright, I remember his scrawny thuggish cop character Netflix show he did way back called "the killing"

Ricardo likes this.
  3. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

Really strong season finale  :tup: Very impressed with this show , well worth watching, or rewatching. :peace::leaf:

Helios likes this.
  4. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

The animated show assumes a workplace comedy approach to the Trump White House to hilarious effect

This is on Showtime tonight in America. The cartoon President. Written by Stephen Colbert.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Little Bill, RUDE BOY and florduh like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors