1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

TV Shows - General Discussion

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by the ob, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

Yup. Nearly finished. I have problems remembering plots and characters at the best of times..... really struggling with the stacks/sleeves setup in this one but hey, I'm just about keeping up thanks to episode recaps :tup:
    EDIT [possible thematic SPOILERS]: I know it's based on a book and many reviews say the show is pretty faithful to the novel but it's not as good as I had hoped for, and not just because of my stoner inability to follow the plot. In fact, it's great to watch high - loads of Bladerunneresque visuals and a huge production budget. But 300 years in the future people still smoke? Women are raped and killed with impunity (as long as they are re-sleeved - so much for #metoo). I dunno, there are big themes that could be explored but aren't. I believe there will be a second season so, naturally, they're gonna drag things out. I much prefer adaptations from novels as a mini-series, ie, The Handmaid's Tale - one season, tell the story, done & dusted. :2c:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    OldNewbie, Helios and RUDE BOY like this.
  2. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

{spoiler}yea lol I watch it vaped every night and am constantly asking my girlfriend what I just missed haha yea for me its the "Envoys" which are confusing are they dissidents or UN or both? yes on your 300 years into the future questions.. another note, kovach paid with scrip or cash in a transaction or two?! they still have paper currency that far ahead?? its a heavy themed show too much going on at once, I'm on ep. 5 and am taking it slow even rewinding a few shows due to all that info! yea next year will continue into season 2 so plenty of rewatching. I love the music its awesome. J. kinnaman is alright, I remember his scrawny thuggish cop character Netflix show he did way back called "the killing"

OldNewbie and Ricardo like this.
  3. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

Really strong season finale  :tup: Very impressed with this show , well worth watching, or rewatching. :peace::leaf:

Helios likes this.
  4. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

The animated show assumes a workplace comedy approach to the Trump White House to hilarious effect

This is on Showtime tonight in America. The cartoon President. Written by Stephen Colbert.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  5. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

Judge dismisses coal tycoon's defamation lawsuit against HBO and John Oliver
    A West Virginia judge has tossed out a lawsuit filed by a coal magnate who was ridiculed on HBO's late-night show "Last Week Tonight" by host John Oliver.

Click to play YouTube Video

Morty and CarolKing like this.
  6. clukx

clukx Well-Known Member

Been watching the office as usual, original Scooby doo, tons of investigation discovery murder shows, life in pieces, disjointed, black mirror, doctor who, pokemon, big bang theory, Vegas house flippers lol were all over the place at my house

GetLeft likes this.
  7. 8man

8man Active Member

I don't have cable or Netflix, but I do have Amazon prime. They've recently added Cowboy Bebop. Good times!

bossman, Morty and GetLeft like this.
  8. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

Aprill 11 = The Expanse season 3.

Go Belters :rockon:

Ramahs, Helios, lwien and 1 other person like this.
  9. His_Highness

His_Highness In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Roseanne remake. I find it funny and eye opening at the same time.

It's a glimpse into a political mindset that many didn't know existed in huge numbers unless you held that same mindset. If you're someone who watched this show and came away thinking it's all fantasy .... you learned nothing in Nov. 2016.

GetLeft and grokit like this.
  10. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

In regards to The Expanse, I want the Razorback !!!

11. Morty

Morty Well-Zoned Member

Westworld...

Season 2...

Premiering right now!!!

:rockon::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::rockon:

3-2-1 Let's Jam

You into Space Dandy ? :brow:

The booty baby! That's where it's at! :cool:

8man and olivianewtonjohn like this.
  12. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Gotta say, lovin' the sound track on Legion.

Shit Snacks, Helios and bossman like this.
  13. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

The Expanse.....:rip:.

I kinda feel the same about this as when Firefly was cancelled.

14. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

@Ricardo

The Hansmaid's tale has Season 2 out now!
    My wife watches it, quite an odd show!

Ricardo likes this.
  15. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

@lwien yes on the legion music, Jeff Russo has put together some rather interesting covers, last episode were some interesting tunes, I like the Indian version of white stripes very cool, the entire show is awesome. since we are on TV music, Westworld also has an amazing set of tunes woven in the show, I love how they cover some songs which seems to be a trend among the composers for film/tv.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    lwien, Shit Snacks and Ricardo like this.
  16. GetLeft

I guess that means either peace will prevail or all will be destroyed by the end of this season. Not sure where else things can go. Nor what a season 4 would look like given the two options. I’d love to see someone pick up the series though. It’s a visually spectacular show with a hook (or two or three).

What happened to the belters? That facet of the story was my favorite and it seems not to have been picked up on yet this season. Maybe I have to go back and re-watch the end of season 2.

lwien likes this.
  17. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

@GetLeft its unfortunate the Expanse will not get picked up for another season, such a great well done show.
    They never really advertised the show, Maybe Amazon will pick it up?

GetLeft likes this.
  18. grokit

grokit well-worn member

19. GetLeft

Just finished watching episode 7. I liked it a lot. It was, from my perspective, a good bit out of character all things considered. Almost like they were putting it out there that the show could go in any which way direction, which it can. Maybe throwing out bait for potential bidders. I’m thrilled to see Amazon now has it. And looking forward to the finale. Go Belters.

:leaf:

Helios and RUDE BOY like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors