1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

TV Shows - General Discussion

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by the ob, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Hammahead

Hammahead Well-Known Member

I really like this show, Vince Gilligan is a great writer and showrunner. For me there's a little something missing though to lift Better Call Saul (and Breaking Bad) into my personal very top tier, and that's a truly relatable development of characters that I just don't see in both shows. But that's complaining at a very high level, still I'm always looking forward to any new episode.

2. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

I reckon TV screenwriters and showrunners are tapping into the stoner market more and more as legalisation increases. "Counterpart" (Starz) is my current favourite. Layer, upon layer, upon layer of awesomeness with a sci-fi premise, although it's more of a cold War spy story than hard science fiction. Love it.
    Counterpart https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4643084/
    EDIT : plus lots of gratuitous sex - what's not to like?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  3. Ricardo

I'll risk an extra edit here: lots of gratuitous violence too.... Jeez, they sure like their guns and bullets!

Mr. Gweilo 420 likes this.
  4. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

Watched several episodes of Homecoming last night on prime. Caught my interest. It was with my son so I'm waiting for him to get home tonight before I resume (with or without him). I like the @ 10 episode style. Different feel than the season-long shows. I know pretty quickly if I'll like them or not. If I don't I don't bother and if I do it's not a lifetime commitment. I wish they'd do more of them. Between prime and netflix release like one every two weeks.

Ricardo likes this.
  5. Ricardo

^^^^^^^^^^I heard the podcast! ^^^^^
    Definitely going to check it out :tup:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors