TV Shows - General Discussion

Tranquility

I thought the Men Against Fire episode was great. To hear the way some describe those who intend to vote for a party different from them in the Presidential thread really makes that one hit home.

Tranquility,
Reactions: Buildozer

lwien

• PBS
    "Soundbreaking"
    Docu-series premiere: This program takes a look at celebrated innovators in the music industry. First up, an exploration into the role of record producers, including “fifth Beatle” George Martin and Dr. Dre. (Episodes will air every weeknight through Nov. 23.)
Edit: Just saw one of the most engrossing TV shows that I've ever seen. It was on NOVA on PBS titled, "Great Human Odyssey". Awe inspiring, to say the least. If you get a chance to watch this, don't miss the opportunity.

Last edited:

Concupiscient

Who remembers Kukla, Fran and Ollie, wishing it would be over so to hear , "What time is it kids ...?"

Back then we may have had 3 or 4 broadcast channels, (no, it wasn't "jail") ...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
New TBS alien abduction comedy People Of Earth has been pretty good so far, four episodes in... I have so many new things to catch up on

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

GetLeft

Didn't know where to post this 'cause it's all about music. But it's tv so...

Anyone seeing the PBS series called Soundbreaking? It's a fascinating look at the inner workings of the recorded music industry. I stumbled upon episode 2 last week which was killer, then saw episode 7 last night. I'll be checking all of them out. There's some good music in there.

lwien

Didn't know where to post this 'cause it's all about music. But it's tv so...

Anyone seeing the PBS series called Soundbreaking? It's a fascinating look at the inner workings of the recorded music industry. I stumbled upon episode 2 last week which was killer, then saw episode 7 last night. I'll be checking all of them out. There's some good music in there.

Check out post #303 >>> http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/m...ive-genius-reigned.21582/page-13#post-1050611

lwien,
Reactions: GetLeft

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Westworld and meh in the same sentence?!! What is this...

Been loving it, kinda slow sometimes tho.

Yeah it's the style, good stuff, but Humans on AMC/Channel4 and ofcourse Person of Interest (creator's first show) are more accessible probably for AI drama series. I sometimes wonder if Westworld might be better with ~40min instead of almost a full hour, but it's HBO, they did put a lot of money in and it does look fantastic, big name actors too

vapirtoo

Yo' west world is off the chain.
I remember the original movie, and this new one is much more involved.
As an old Blade runner movie freak,
the whole android thing has been worked over countless times, but this show has some real cute and thought provoking twists.

Top Bottom