• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TV Shows - General Discussion

howie105

Not a big run but a fun send up, Captain Planet with Don Cheadle from the Funny or Die folks. I have been told its streaming on Amazon.

howie105,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
First episode had me going a bit "meh" but on your recommendation I stuck with it.. Later read about the switch from CBS to Amazon. Excellent show, very clever :tup:

Yeah they brought in the showrunner from Justified, another amazing show, so episode two on it is a very different fully serialized show with a lot of rich characters and storylines. On CBS it was going to be a procedural, they did add 10-15min of footage for the Amazon version of the pilot but yeah it was setting up a slightly different show originally.

Yeah @lwien FX is always on point. I watch all the superhero stuff too, but this one is a much more unique approach, from the creator of their Fargo anthology series.

Oh anyone looking for a good light comedy, Teachers on TVland is pretty great so far this season, it's a sketch comedy troupe of six women who each play a different archetypal character teaching at an elementary school. Solid silly fun (there's actually another sitcom on TruTV called Those Who Can't too, that's a male comedy troupe playing terrible high school teachers, its not quite as good but decent for what it is... Guess I prefer women!)

grokit

well-worn member
fullimage_jack.png

4337baf4287a1af780f7e6d905322883.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

786335b0b13b8df125d44b1ad27a8de0.jpg

samuraijack_trailer-1280x600.jpg

731.jpg

samurai-jack.jpg

My latest serialized guilty pleasure; I'm about halfway through season one of five.
The fifth just started recently, after the show took a ~dozen years off.
I believe it's 50 years later in the show, but there's time travel so I'm not really sure :hmm:

"It's been 50 years since we last saw the protagonist of Samurai Jack. In the final few episodes of Season 4, which wrapped in 2004, the titular character of Genndy Tartakovsky's stylistic television series has established himself as an indefatigable warrior. He can slay the most expensive assassins and devious demons his nemesis Aku—whose name literally translates to "evil"—can throw at him. At the same time, Aku is an elusive shape-shifter, so Jack can't achieve his life's goal of traveling back in time and destroying the force that has corrupted his entire world."
https://thecreatorsproject.vice.com...ason-5-genndy-tartakovsky-exclusive-interview

I'm not as into animated stuff as I used to be, but I'm digging this :tup:

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
fullimage_jack.png

4337baf4287a1af780f7e6d905322883.jpg

786335b0b13b8df125d44b1ad27a8de0.jpg

samuraijack_trailer-1280x600.jpg

731.jpg

samurai-jack.jpg

My latest serialized guilty pleasure; I'm about halfway through season one of five.
The fifth just started recently, after the show took a ~dozen years off.
I believe it's 50 years later in the show, but there's time travel so I'm not really sure :hmm:

"It's been 50 years since we last saw the protagonist of Samurai Jack. In the final few episodes of Season 4, which wrapped in 2004, the titular character of Genndy Tartakovsky's stylistic television series has established himself as an indefatigable warrior. He can slay the most expensive assassins and devious demons his nemesis Aku—whose name literally translates to "evil"—can throw at him. At the same time, Aku is an elusive shape-shifter, so Jack can't achieve his life's goal of traveling back in time and destroying the force that has corrupted his entire world."
https://thecreatorsproject.vice.com...ason-5-genndy-tartakovsky-exclusive-interview

I'm not as into animated stuff as I used to be, but I'm digging this :tup:

:popcorn:

I remember he original on cartoon network, didn't realize the adult swim version is out already. I wouldn't call it season five, but a new series almost, I'll have to see how different it is

lwien

So I was watching The Expanse last night and twice, right before two commercial breaks, they threw up a star field screen with the text:

"In Memory of BattleStar Galactica's, Captain Apollo.....Richard Hatch 1945-2017.

There are a lot of things that these two shows have in common but I've never seen a TV show do this before. :tup:

On another note, Colony is picking up some steam and I really enjoyed Legion. Legion is really refreshing compared to a lot of the other crap that networks put out there.

Last edited:

lwien

Planet Earth II !!!! Premieres tonight. :tup:

And, David Attenbourgh is back as narrator.

A little excerpt from a review:

The sequel to Planet Earth, arriving in the States 11 years after the original, shows two things with jaw-dropping clarity. One is how far TV technology and mature filmmaking have come in the intervening years, because the images captured are breathtaking, and in many instances unprecedented. The other thing Planet Earth II shows, with somber finality, is how far we haven’t come in protecting, preserving and appreciating our planet and its creatures and various environments. I’ve seen all of Planet Earth II in advance – and, like Alex, think it’s truly special, and important. Watch it on the best and biggest TV you can find, and record it for repeated viewings. Also, gather the kids. If ever there were a full-family television offering, Planet Earth II is it. And yes, the great David Attenborough is back as narrator. Welcome, Sir David, and thank you…

Here's a trailer.....

Last edited:

turk

turk
....tried to watch expanse ...didn't work out first time....(might have been too high)...going to give it another shot based on observations here...will report back...

lwien

OMG !!! Did anyone catch Planet Earth II last night?

I recently just got a 55" 4k set and Dish broadcasted this show from the BBC in 4k. All I've been watching was high def in 1080i up until last night. My couch is 9 feet from my TV but the vid quality was sooo freakng good in 4k that I did something that I never did before which was sitting on the floor in front of the coffee table and about 3 feet from the screen. Couldn't see any pixels at all, even at that distance but what did happen was that I couldn't pick my jaw up off the floor. I was totally mesmerized. Saw things that I NEVER saw before or even knew that they ever happened, like watching snakes hunt in packs.

Wow!! Totally blown away :o and at my age, that rarely happens......

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Thanks for telling us about it @lwien. I watched a marathon of Planet Earth 1. I will watch Planet Earth 2 again, I ended up falling asleep. It was about Islands.

I was watching this morning how they filmed the first series. The different ways that they went about filming. Like when they went down deep into caves in the ocean. How about when the pride of lions killed the elephant. I had to turn the channel then go back to watching when the gore was over. These camera folks really are risking their lives at every turn to bring this series to us. At one point they were dangling from a hot air balloon.

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
OMG !!! Did anyone catch Planet Earth II last night?

I recently just got a 55" 4k set and Dish broadcasted this show from the BBC in 4k. All I've been watching was high def in 1080i up until last night. My couch is 9 feet from my TV but the vid quality was sooo freakng good in 4k that I did something that I never did before which was sitting on the floor in front of the coffee table and about 3 feet from the screen. Couldn't see any pixels at all, even at that distance but what did happen was that I couldn't pick my jaw up off the floor. I was totally mesmerized. Saw things that I NEVER saw before or even knew that they ever happened, like watching snakes hunt in packs.

Wow!! Totally blown away :o and at my age, that rarely happens......

SNAKES! Why's it always gotta be SNAKES! :o

Ha yeh I was blown away by PE2, I'm not on a 4k set yet but it still looked amazing on my 1k (funny I remember it costing more at the time :lol:) plasma.

I'll never complain about my daily commute ever again (that's a lie), those lizards had to truly run the gauntlet.

Top Bottom