TV Shows - General Discussion

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yo' west world is off the chain.
I remember the original movie, and this new one is much more involved.
As an old Blade runner movie freak,
the whole android thing has been worked over countless times, but this show has some real cute and thought provoking twists.

Yeah, strongly suggest checking out Humans if you haven't yet, and WW creators first show Person of Interest too. More AI stuff is coming

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: vapirtoo

vapirtoo

My wife and I really enjoyed the first season of Humans. We had to pay 20 bucks , but we
liked the flow of no commercials .
Wifey would get pissed when I vaped in between episodes.
"You're going down to the basement again"!
Oh yeah we liked the way they gave the family a meaty back story.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 1643

West world finale , was that the old man or one of his android doubles ?

Could it be Anthony Hopkins concluding his contract? Westworld is almost too profound. The 1973 movie is rubbish, except for Yul Brynner. (Did you notice him in the basement?)

Has anyone championed Mozart in the Jungle? It taps into the soul of "classical" music. Malcolm McDowell and Bernadette Peters are a joy to watch for those of an age. In the City of Angels, go hear Dudamel, upon whom Rodrigo is based.

Shit Snacks

I finally started Sense8, binged through five and can't wait to finish but it's a group thing. So much better than Falling Water, which has been losing me a bit, finale is tonight. Also did Stan Against Evil last weekend too, not bad not great, hopefully will get to binge through a lot more things over the holidays with hiatuses

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

If you haven't watched Humans, they are replaying all of season one on AMC today. Great show.....

Yup, and season 2 is already available having finished airing in the UK if you know where to look ;) I haven't started it yet though

I started season 3 of Librarians and Mozart in the Jungle this week (and season 2 of Blunt Talk which was unfortunately just cancelled)

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
The OA on Netflix. Like, holy shit....

This is what I came to post, just finished it, was quite enjoyable. Like a more thoughtful Stranger Things was the vibe I got from it. I passed out in the last 15 minutes of the finale so I do need to rewatch that later today.

I watched some of Humans the other day and enjoyed it.

Ricardo

Just watched episode 1 last night! Big BBC production, well acted, interesting story... a bit similar to "Penny Dreadful", I thought Perfect stoner escapism :brow:

I'm also hooked on "This Is Us" (NBC) - it's a bit telenovela but very well done IMO.

lwien

Just watched episode 1 last night! Big BBC production, well acted, interesting story... a bit similar to "Penny Dreadful", I thought Perfect stoner escapism :brow:

I'm also hooked on "This Is Us" (NBC) - it's a bit telenovela but very well done IMO.

Yup. Watching "This is Us" as well. Well scripted, well acted and well directed.

lwien,

Shit Snacks

Watching both. Actually got to go to the premiere of Taboo here in LA and after party with Tom Hardy... Was pretty damn cool

Just finished Librarians, nice light adventurous magical fun. Also started Sneaky Pete on Amazon last weekend, three episodes in, it's quite good as well. Same showrunner from Justified and it has a similar quality vibe

Season finale of The Good Place was also great, crazy twisty show, but fun too

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: lwien

zor

Finally watched all three EPs of Ascension. Pretty decent overall, too bad it is RIP.

Watched season 4 of Sherlock, getting a bit tired of the show so I might just stop with it where it is.

I have Ash v Evil Dead and Justified to wrap up, then back to Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, and a handful of other shows I've been neglecting.

I want a good, solid sci-fi show like most of the Battlestar Galactica reboot....I'm 3 seasons into Deep Space 9 and it's great but I want something darker and more nihilistic.

Top Bottom