Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Fuck! Every time I try to post in this thread my internet goes to shit.

I have tried to post replies to people and just give up in frustration (eventually), so apologies if you have tagged or quoted me and i have failed to respond.

For example @sickmanfraud had 'vape envy' as his tubo was in postal hell, and I am sure my first few attempts to reply were witty and urbane...now, well, it looks like your vape envy has been sorted out long before my internet woes. Glad to see it arrived safe.

I do intend to give a review of sorts now that i have had the Tubo a couple of weeks, but think i will wait until I know it will post properly. I will say though, that the Tubo has turned out to be all that i had hoped, and has become my new favourite vape.

I mean, the enano was relegated to aromatherapy duties today while the Tubo tore things up, if that is any indication.

RelaxedNow

My Tubo just keeps getting better.

Originally, as I've discussed, I was experiencing a heating cycle bug, and when in the menus it would jump around on its own. I would be clicking away on the +/- buttons, thinking I was navigating the menus, not realizing it had decided I'd hit the Fire button (when I hadn't).

As a result, settings were being changed inadvertently. :bang: When this happened, I'd spot that a setting was changing, but I sometimes couldn't be certain of its proper value. Further, though I was enjoying my Tubo, I couldn't help feeling something was missing, because I had a vague memory of better flavor early on, and I kept reading posts about the great low-temp vapor others were experiencing (I had settled in at 370-380F and higher, to get the clouds I wanted). :huh:

Yesterday, on @funkyjunky's advice, I loaded a copy of the firmware that returns the device to all of its factory default settings, then re-loaded the latest Tubo firmware update, and made a couple of needed setting changes (resistance to 0.185, rotated the screen....I think that was all). :science:

WOW!

Now I'm getting tremendous vapor at 340 F (maybe lower, but haven't tried yet), and the flavor is great. I haven't yet decided if it's MistVapeTouchflavorgreat, but it's so much better than it was, smooth and flavorful.....well, just WOW! What an improvement, and I already thought it was great! :love::rockon:

So, I've gone from initially loving it, to frustration with its faults, to not fully satisfied but liking it better than the alternatives, to thrilled and loving it again. Damn, it's like a marriage. :rofl:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
40 degree window is a lot - mine somehow stays within 10-15degrees regardless of whether I'm drawing or not.

My temps are definitely really close to what's displayed. I will do ABV pics at a few different pics one of these days... ABV color doesn't mean much, but that combined with my experiences, I feel pretty confident in the Tubo's accuracy.

e:

don't get me wrong I def get fluctuations esp when pulling but it stabilizes quickly and holds pretty steadily within a tight window... I do see higher fluctuations occasionally but only for a fraction of a second.

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
It is the most wide open vape I own.

Same here.

With the @DDave v3 cooler (and the tubo whip), the vapor is definitely cool, you won't realize how much you pulled in til you're exhaling...

I get some irritation occasionally with the stock long bent stems but I like fast,hard rips on this thing and often pull in huge lungfuls of vapor as a result, so irritation isn't unusual.

I will say this thing was pretty much a VAS killer. I've sold like 5 of my older units since getting the tubo and the only things that still have my attention are things I've already committed myself to getting...

I think once I get a solid enail, with just that and the tubo, I'd have all my bases covered.

Also, while I like the spinny isohedron/dodecahedrons on the screensaver I actually think it's better without one... It's annoying trying to "wake" the tubo sometimes and I'm never sure whether a Fire-button, or adjust-button will wake it lol

duff

Well worn
Been working since 4:45 am.

I wanted to capture a range of temps, clouds and mod behavior. I don't know if I captured anything interesting or valuable.

I'm not at the top of my game now so I hope I don't mess this way too complicated post up.
I started in the hopes of doing gifs but the files are too long.

One tiny load spread out over seven temps so clouds aren't like they normally would be at the end.

Reached limit. will add remainder on next post.

Last edited:

duff

Well worn
Continued

8KIPEMe.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So though I updated and can cruise, I actually haven't used it since setting it up Monday. I guess I am still an on demand er in my everyday use, but the cruise will be great for sharing I am thinking... Certainly good when you wanna overdo it solo too, especially with a full ELB, which was much better sessioned than on demand actually and hit cloudy and tasty like a mini Evo at 350f. Small bowls work well too and can kill em quick on higher temps or milk it a bit more in cruise vs on demand, still quick fix and faster in cruise (I know I still need to post a photo of these shallow custom rimmed RBT screens I'm using)

It's nice to be able to have both on demand and sessions capable, mine is set to 3 clicks and it is fine (may try to disable clock?) while updating was super quick and easy. The temp control sure is nice even if it's more of a guide than precise temp-effects like you'd get in a conductiony vape and dependent on your useage. Cruise helps it heat soak so low low temps are fantastic, particularly without any heat sink screens, but even with them the flavor is great. Still not the best to me for some reason but overall quite nice and pure. There's versatility in the useage styles and stem set ups, though it's not without it's quirks or shortcomings

One thing on the new software is get this low battery screen that doesn't let me do anything? Makes me pop batt in and out, sometimes that won't even fix it, bc batter is around 40% when before it could go near 10% without issue... First I thought it was just cruise but it's been happening on demand too, not ideal though battery life is decent either way I suppose this makes it more tedious. Oh also my top magnet came out as well, just using without it and seems to be okay for now

I'm glad because I think cruise session mode is helping me stave off temptations of getting a Solo2, I mean Tubo is a desktop powered version with more than twice the power and of course pure convection with more bowl/stem versatility... Once I try it with more people, particularly cruise and comparing the two, then I will know for sure if I can keep avoiding constant cookers without compromising simplicity for nonvapers

sickmanfraud

My Tubo just keeps getting better.

Originally, as I've discussed, I was experiencing a heating cycle bug, and when in the menus it would jump around on its own. I would be clicking away on the +/- buttons, thinking I was navigating the menus, not realizing it had decided I'd hit the Fire button (when I hadn't).

As a result, settings were being changed inadvertently. :bang: When this happened, I'd spot that a setting was changing, but I sometimes couldn't be certain of its proper value. Further, though I was enjoying my Tubo, I couldn't help feeling something was missing, because I had a vague memory of better flavor early on, and I kept reading posts about the great low-temp vapor others were experiencing (I had settled in at 370-380F and higher, to get the clouds I wanted). :huh:

Yesterday, on @funkyjunky's advice, I loaded a copy of the firmware that returns the device to all of its factory default settings, then re-loaded the latest Tubo firmware update, and made a couple of needed setting changes (resistance to 0.185, rotated the screen....I think that was all). :science:

WOW!

Now I'm getting tremendous vapor at 340 F (maybe lower, but haven't tried yet), and the flavor is great. I haven't yet decided if it's MistVapeTouchflavorgreat, but it's so much better than it was, smooth and flavorful.....well, just WOW! What an improvement, and I already thought it was great! :love::rockon:

So, I've gone from initially loving it, to frustration with its faults, to not fully satisfied but liking it better than the alternatives, to thrilled and loving it again. Damn, it's like a marriage. :rofl:

I have also had some settings change so I would also like to perform a reset and reinstall the updates.

@funkyjunky can you explain here how to do this or PM me if that is better.

How full does the battery need to be to go into cruise mode? I have had over 50% battery and the tubo tells me weak battery and kicks me out of cruise??

Thanks.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I see that other are getting low battery issue too.. Sometimes i also get No Atomizer found.
After observing this behavior i think that it is just the battery indication that freezes ,cause when it is lets say 40% and i get this message,i re-insert the battery and see that it is at 19% . I dont know how the new update impacts overall battery life but for sure it messes with the battery level indication.
It is a bit annoying but i dont care too much bout it,i just put a fresh battery and problem is solved.

Top Bottom