little maggie

I upgraded to the newest firmware and have no shut off problems. It also seems like the battery is not being used up quite as quickly.
But I must have done something wrong resetting the cruise temp because it's still running between 380 and 411. Can someone point me to the instructions for setting the cruise temp.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey guys ! Please remember that ,resistance value changes when unit is hot,and if you update it while hot it might accept the current resistance as default. The default value can be found at the lid of the battery department.Not being at the right number might be one of the reasons for the temp jumps . (someone can correct me if i am typing bullshit :D)
Another reason for temp jumps is that unit isnt heated well. It is normal that temp variations are bigger at cold start ,it can be easily seen via the device monitor tool of the NFE toolbox.
Also as you see tubo measures the temp few times per second,so some minor jumps are normal considering it is interacting with environmental temp and radiation from the body itself,many values play and they change very rapid,,but when you see how it performs on the GRAPHIC of the device monitor you see well that it keeps a pretty straight line which is getting flatter the more it is heated.
Maybe i sound like a broken record but you should really download the NFE TOOLBOX and see what is really happening with your device. You will also notice that after a small drop for a fraction of a second temps are getting more stable when draw continues ,than the value displayed when heating :).
@little maggie Can you please explain what exactly is troubling you in setting the cruise temp. It is done with - + not different than setting it at ON DEMAND mode. Maybe you should go
to MENU>VAPING>ALGO and check if it is set to PID.

little maggie

Hey guys ! Please remember that ,resistance value changes when unit is hot,and if you update it while hot it might accept the current resistance as default. The default value can be found at the lid of the battery department.Not being at the right number might be one of the reasons for the temp jumps . (someone can correct me if i am typing bullshit :D)
Another reason for temp jumps is that unit isnt heated well. It is normal that temp variations are bigger at cold start ,it can be easily seen via the device monitor tool of the NFE toolbox.
Also as you see tubo measures the temp few times per second,so some minor jumps are normal considering it is interacting with environmental temp and radiation from the body itself,many values play and they change very rapid,,but when you see how it performs on the GRAPHIC of the device monitor you see well that it keeps a pretty straight line which is getting flatter the more it is heated.
Maybe i sound like a broken record but you should really download the NFE TOOLBOX and see what is really happening with your device. You will also notice that after a small drop for a fraction of a second temps are getting more stable when draw continues ,than the value displayed when heating :).
@little maggie Can you please explain what exactly is troubling you in setting the cruise temp. It is done with - + not different than setting it at ON DEMAND mode. Maybe you should go
to MENU>VAPING>ALGO and check if it is set to PID.
Thanks will do. I know how to change the clicks to cruise. I don't know WHERE to go to change the cruise temp setting although I did originally so I know it's posted somewhere. I will download the toolbox but I suspect I will just end up more confused.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Thanks will do. I know how to change the clicks to cruise. I don't know WHERE to go to change the cruise temp setting although I did originally so I know it's posted somewhere. I will download the toolbox but I suspect I will just end up more confused.
Well the Toolbox wont help you set the temp on the tubo,but you can just monitor it,and see a graph history of how it does performs over time. Setting the temp is just like setting the temp in general ,there is no special way to that for the cruise mod. When pressing the small buttons, - + you can see how it is changed, this is the temp it is set for,after it has started heating the software will aim at reaching and maintaining it,so jump in values are to be expected,it should get more stable when it is well heated,also when start drawing.

sickmanfraud

I finally got my Tubo.

IIRC I saw somewhere that the USB that comes with the Tubo will not work for software updates. The USB that came with my Tubo worked fine for the software update.

It is going to take some getting used to.

One of the first things I checked was that my Arizer Extreme Q whip works fine. I don't know that I would use it unless the short whip is too hot.

How do I make the display "calm down"? The numbers on the screen change multiple times during each draw?

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
@vapen00b thats a fantastic series of tests! thank you very much for this! well executed too :D

I went here to make sure my Tubo was set correctly:
https://github.com/ClockSelect/myevic/blob/master/README.md

Any suggestions?
Is cruise necessary for decent results and battery life?
i see the community already helped out, lovely! :)

this sounds like the undershooting issue.
when temp drops more than 10degrees under the desired value when starting the draw it likely doesnt work properly. reinserting the battery should/could have made it better. however now with the new update this should not occure anymore. fingers crossed.

the full myevic readme is a valuable source of information. i condensed the important information for tubo operation in the manual: http://i.imgur.com/Bv2Uxxg.png
there is a section, recommended menu entries, where i made screenshots of the important menu pages with their recommended values.
My tubo is starting to get too hot and turns itself off- in cruise mode. I had it set at 350 and although I'm not sure I did it correctly because I can't remember how I set it- I tried lowering it to 280. I also tried keeping it in "demand" mode at a lower temp and it still turned off. I know that removing and reinstalling the battery would fix that. Is there a different software setting that would fix it as well?
after every update a quick check of the coil resistance in 'menu>coil>manage' is recommended. change the value at TCR to the one written inside of the battery door, make sure the little locked symbol is after the number before you exit.

Why doesn't 4 clicks turn cruise off?
as @Prolusio said, the fire button is deactivated in cruise. originally i wanted to have it active, but then decided its better that one would not interfere with a fire button press out of on-demand habbits. i like the idea of it being deactivated with the same amounts of clicks that activates it, i think @duff wished for this at one point as well. on to the to-can-do-list it goes.

How do I make the display "calm down"? The numbers on the screen change multiple times during each draw?
if you really want to silence your tubo there is one possibility. you can activate stealth mode by holding down '-' & 'fire' (remember this combo to deactivate it). the screen will go black as soon as the heater is activated. there is no real indicator tho if it works, gotta have faith and confidence :). if it doesnt move anymore whatever you do, reinsert the battery.

little maggie

Two beautiful whips came today. And a few screens. The flat rimmed one is an interesting design I haven't seen before. It fits perfectly with the deeper rimmed one to make a covered cup. I wish shipping wasn't so expensive- I'd buy a batch of these screens.
And thanks for reposting the menu. I have it bookmarked now so I can access it. Is there any update to it since the software changes?

Funkyjunky I'm checking my setting against the ones you posted. The only ones that are different are the alg ones. I don't know how mine got set differently and if the difference is related to the new software. Should I change these to match the ones you posted? Is the boost why my temp is going higher than I want it to?
PID
BOOST 50
I 650
D 10

Last edited:

Prolusio

I think it's been several days since I told the world how much I'm loving my Tubo; which is an absolute travesty considering the service it's been giving me. This thing rocks! :luv::rockon::nod:

The Cruise timer bar is an excellent addition; my idea of a perfect update. Simple small improvement that has no draw backs and enhances usability (unless you want to see resistance during operation? I suppose!). The session timer really makes me more aware of my vaping. I remember to turn the Tubo off far more and I get that last hit in while it's still hot instead of spacing and reheating.

Finally restocked so I'm enjoying some killer Moby Dick through the Tubo while BBQing on the deck. It's actually not too windy for once which is awesome! Not that the wind is a problem for the Tubo, but my BBQ on the other hand...:disgust:

Looks so good in the sunlight:love:
qPqDujh.jpg

giphy.gif

GIF didn't turn out great; but took me too long to upload with my internet so :shrug:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
@little maggie

You can buy those screens from many US places. Making that little "cup" is exclusively how I use my tubo.

I've been using lower temps and enjoying it even at 330.

It definitely takes a few pulls to get the glass hot @Vape Dr. which is something you need to keep in mind when using on-demand mode. In cruise mode, it's less of a worry. You will just waste battery if you wait for it to get hot while sitting there in cruise though - pulling is necessary as @vapen00b demonstrated (thanks btw)

tubo is pretty much the only thing I use. I haven't bothered fixing my screen and don't notice it anymore... I do want to touch up the paint so the damage is less noticeable but this thing is wonderful. looking forward to seeing more in the wild and other interesting updates @funkyjunky cooks up!

edit:

will report cruise shutting off midcruise at 390, but it showed "device too hot" this time at least!

still all good though! just a bit sensitive to higher temps lately... been dabbing too much

Last edited:

little maggie

@little maggie

You can buy those screens from many US places. Making that little "cup" is exclusively how I use my tubo.

I've been using lower temps and enjoying it even at 330.

It definitely takes a few pulls to get the glass hot @Vape Dr. which is something you need to keep in mind when using on-demand mode. In cruise mode, it's less of a worry. You will just waste battery if you wait for it to get hot while sitting there in cruise though - pulling is necessary as @vapen00b demonstrated (thanks btw)

tubo is pretty much the only thing I use. I haven't bothered fixing my screen and don't notice it anymore... I do want to touch up the paint so the damage is less noticeable but this thing is wonderful. looking forward to seeing more in the wild and other interesting updates @funkyjunky cooks up!
I have lots of rimmed screens like the ones ddave sells but none that are flattened and fit so nicely on the other ones.
There is a preheat mode. Has anyone tried it?

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
maggie, i don't recommend you mess around with preheat mode. That's just a vestigial feature from the myevic software for VW e-cig type vaping, it doesn't have any use or relevance for vaping in temp control modes on the evic, which is how it is designed to work and performs best on. "preheat" will probably just result in excess temperature overshooting if someone tried to set it up with the tubo, or under-heating, also :shrug:

I'm starting to get jealous of all this tubo love bouncing back and forth in this echo-chamber here . . . :luv: :cry:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
maggie, i don't recommend you mess around with preheat mode. That's just a vestigial feature from the myevic software for VW e-cig type vaping, it doesn't have any use or relevance for vaping in temp control modes on the evic, which is how it is designed to work and performs best on. "preheat" will probably just result in excess temperature overshooting if someone tried to set it up with the tubo, or under-heating, also :shrug:

I'm starting to get jealous of all this tubo love bouncing back and forth in this echo-chamber here . . . :luv: :cry:

Yeah o tweaked preheat when I was trying to solve the heat up bug when I first got mine not knowing what was wrong, it made everything much harsher so don't mess with it for sure @little maggie

I updated last night, cruise is nuts, all I am taking the time to say for now. I know I still owe more feedback and photos, but I just need to be doing other things that I keep neglecting...

Bdubbdiblets

Got my tracking! Now I try to refrain from constantly refreshing my tracking browser!! :drool::lol: I'm on the west coast USA....gonna take a sec I'm sure! In retrospect it actually may have helped my patience to not have tracking and then one day...knock knock....who's there...Tubo at my door.:shrug:oh well...:lol:

Please help the wait, more photos and cloud vids my Tubo loving friends!!

Thanks for all you do @funkyjunky!!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

RelaxedNow

Got my tracking! Now I try to refrain from constantly refreshing my tracking browser!! :drool::lol: I'm on the west coast USA....gonna take a sec I'm sure! In retrospect it actually may have helped my patience to not have tracking and then one day...knock knock....who's there...Tubo at my door.:shrug:oh well...:lol:

Please help the wait, more photos and cloud vids my Tubo loving friends!!

Thanks for all you do @funkyjunky!!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

My experience with tracking was that it worked fine until it hit the U. S. After that, there was no tracking info available.

It did show up within about 10 days, IIRC, so no big deal in the end. It'll be interesting to see how tracking works in your case.

I predict that you'll love the Tubo, no matter what happens with tracking. Cruise on! :rockon:

sickmanfraud

My experience with tracking was that it worked fine until it hit the U. S. After that, there was no tracking info available.

It did show up within about 10 days, IIRC, so no big deal in the end. It'll be interesting to see how tracking works in your case.

I predict that you'll love the Tubo, no matter what happens with tracking. Cruise on! :rockon:

10 days?! Don't complain! It took a full month from Switzerland to Israel.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Took a month or so to Los Angeles for me too so you never know... Still worth the wait. Find something to distract yourself in the mean time, I had just gotten a new finalized MistVape Touch at the time so that really helped

RelaxedNow

Took a month or so to Los Angeles for me too so you never know... Still worth the wait. Find something to distract yourself in the mean time, I had just gotten a new finalized MistVape Touch at the time so that really helped

Yeah, I had my MVT to entertain myself while I waited too. When the Tubo arrived, I put the MVT away and neglected it until a few days ago. I realize now, I'd forgotten its great flavor.

I still prefer the Tubo overall, but the Mistvape Touch has found a spot in my Pelican case, right next to the Tubo. I think there may still be room for one more device if I get new foam, and that'll probably be the Nomad. Then I'll have all the bases covered; regulated, unregulated and quasi-regulated. And nothing but small-batch wood designs, because I've become a vape snob. :lol:

Top Bottom