RelaxedNow

Shit sounds like the shake I get for 60 an oz is better than your 100 dollar oz hahah. I've never bought bad 100 dollar oz because I get to see the weed before I buy it haha

Wasn't me. I wouldn't ask for $100 weed in a licensed store, because when everything else is $200 or more, ya gotta know it's not good. Besides, I haven't needed to pay for weed in almost 2 years. :) Well, aside from a couple of oil cartridges for traveling.

little maggie

something regarding clock:
to change the clock, set it to your time in the menu and then LONG PRESS THE FIRE BUTTON TO SAVE. took me a while to realize this after adjusting the time several times without it being saved...
I was able to set the clock originally with no problem. Now I can't figure out how to change it from 24 to 12 hour to even get to the time to set it. I can live without the correct time.

RelaxedNow

I was able to set the clock originally with no problem. Now I can't figure out how to change it from 24 to 12 hour to even get to the time to set it. I can live without the correct time.

Just a couple of days ago, a friend asked me why they programmed a clock into it. My answer was "because they could". Mine is set correctly, but I certainly don't pay any attention to it. I have enough clocks.

Still, after @funkyjunky mentioned long-pressing the Fire button to save changes, I thought I could type up instructions for you, but I gave up because the explanation was getting too complicated. You have enough clocks anyway. :)

little maggie

Just a couple of days ago, a friend asked me why they programmed a clock into it. My answer was "because they could". Mine is set correctly, but I certainly don't pay any attention to it. I have enough clocks.

Still, after @funkyjunky mentioned long-pressing the Fire button to save changes, I thought I could type up instructions for you, but I gave up because the explanation was getting too complicated. You have enough clocks anyway. :)
Well I do have quite a few clocks but only my iphone has the correct time. I have no idea why I'm even trying to set the tubo time when I don't bother with my car clock or any other.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
started using the whip tonight... much prefer it to using the wpa (which is still nice... i was milking my d020 last night @440 :zzz:) but can feel the hit better (which i find satisfying for whatever reason) and taste is at least somewhat preserved.

i can take much bigger hits than with the bent stem. it's unreal how good this thing is. honeymoon definitely in no sight of ending

edit:

dumb question; do these mesh, rimmed screens im using add any element of conduction? if the evo is full convection, this is same deal, no? i'm not sure if there's any way i can avoid using these now (even tho they are convenient, esp for pre-packing) but i cant get that screen to bend back up (yet) so im afraid of stuff falling inside still.

anyway i just had a good go trying to get the screen back up and was thinking about it

Last edited:

little maggie

Yeah, I really don't want to get the whip dirty... One of my bent stems has a pretty nice coating already and the other is getting there as well...
I love the whip. It's the first thing I've found that allows me to go without water. I use it with Ddave's concentration chamber. I just got a wrapped whip from Alan (or @Alan although I don't understand why that's now part of an address) that's really nice. I got it for the MVT but I can use it with the tubo if needed. I also ordered an extra wrapped from funkyjunky which will arrive some day. Shipping overseas seems to take forever.

Prolusio

I think I may have figured out more about what's going on with the Tubo Click Alzheimer's.

On my Tubo at least, I have to have Edit set to a Click. If I do not have Edit set the Tubo will default Edit to Click-3 once I remove the battery. As long as Edit is set to a Click though (2, 3 or 4), my Tubo seems to remember my settings.

This is why I thought the glitch disappeared all of a sudden.. After reading @muunch post about Cruise working on Click-3 I tried it but also set Edit to Click-4; so it did not reset.

So it seems Edit does not need to be set to Click-3, it just needs to be set.

Oh also +1 for the Whip being awesome. Getting another one sent with my Flam whenever it's ready! I didn't want to get it dirty either but it just pairs so well with my Tubo, hard not to use it.

little maggie

I'm trying to figure out what would work to clean the whip easily. I wish there was a way to attach a q-tip to a cord.
I redid my clicks so that edit is 3 and cruise is 2. But last time I tried the tubic just went dead in the middle of using it. I reinserted the battery and it worked fine.

Last edited:

mephisto

Try locating a bore cleaner for rifles, it looks like a thick pipe cleaner with a string on the end . Insert into whip, add a few drops of iso and pull the bore swab through the whip. I would think a .22 caliber swab would be proper diameter. Good luck.

sickmanfraud

unfortunately you are not the first that this has happened to. also this is something that is known to happen to the evic vtwo/vtc minis.
you can glue it back in with any universal glue. just make sure you insert it the right way and not in reverse polarity.

here is the manual:
Bv2Uxxg.png

it is missing the instructions for cruise. i will add it once the firmware is at a stable release state.
under trouble shoot there is a point: reset coil resistance to default. i wanted to keep it super compact and have a longer faq/manual online. it will eventually come... until then ask here or in direct message/email if something is not clear.

I may have my Tubo as early as tomorrow. All of the talk about settings is making me nervous. I want to be able to turn it on "automatic" and just vape.

I thought this was going to give great convection vapor with minimum effort?

What is the quickest way to good vapor production with no combustion?

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I may have my Tubo as early as tomorrow. All of the talk about settings is making me nervous. I want to be able to turn it on "automatic" and just vape.

I've never combusted, even on the highest setting. Just use it out of the box and you will love it. You know how we are here...always tweaking shit even if it doesn't need it!

RelaxedNow

I've probably been the most vocal "complainer" regarding the Tubo, and this is also the thread I'm most active in. That's because it's so good, and the upgradable firmware has the potential to make it even better, that I can't stop hoping and asking for perfection (and it does keep getting better). Truly, I could complain a lot more about every one of the other portables I've purchased, but I don't bother because they are what they are.

My experience is that it never combusts, and provides good flavor with huge clouds from the first use. Like @duff said, just set up Cruise and go.

And, ignore the "complaining" because it really isn't.

little maggie

Or don't set up cruise if you just want to get started. I like the cruise setting but I think it works great with no tinkering. You will probably want to set up cruise but may not want to start by messing around with firmware. There are very clear and simple instructions for doing that several pages back but just saying

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Or don't set up cruise if you just want to get started. I like the cruise setting but I think it works great with no tinkering. You will probably want to set up cruise but may not want to start by messing around with firmware. There are very clear and simple instructions for doing that several pages back but just saying

Agreed, I've been fine from the get go (aside from the heat up bug), just adjusting draw technique and stem/screens etc. But yes it really does work more than fine out of the box

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Will also note it works fine out of the box. I didn't even look at the instructions or open the menu on the tubo itself for quite some time. You can definitely deal without cruise mode and be satisfied. I was.

Cruise mode makes water pipe use infinitely better though. Everything I said about "not milking" before is a lie/joke.

actually cruise mode makes everything better?

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Depends on the state you're in. Or else my cruise mode is set for hours. I keep looking down and wondering why there are still clouds even though I'm not pressing the button. Seems like that goes on for quite a while.

Perfect! That's why I love this thing :)

When I just want a few hits (or even 1) I'll still use cruise mode and just take a couple warm up puffs to get the glass warmed up after waiting a few seconds and then let it rip... then click a temp + or - button to shut off cruise, then turn the tubo off. All in <1min.

The metal rimmed baskets absorb a shit ton of heat if not already noted. I find 405 is more than enough for me through water since I don't bother with them, since tubo is upside-down. How I was doing 440 last night I don't know. The abv is pretty uniform too. I should get around to posting pictures one of these days...

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Damn,packed full bowl and think i broke into the other side,i was sharing it between my different personalities... I kept hitting it on and on,and with every draw i was becoming a different man and all of us were starring at each otherselves,smiling and feeling like one happy family.
tuboing in the uk now, what a machine, have to say the cruise mode is very impressive much more so than just hitting the button and toking, have managed to combust ripping a bong at max temp but thats my own doing. very happy vaper
I've never combusted with the tubo.but i havent gotten past 220 in on demand mode.
I dont go past 185 C in cruise cause i start taste things i dont want to,also the color of my herb gets darker than what would i consider a "healthy" color. :)

luke00978

Damn,packed full bowl and think i broke into the other side,i was sharing it between my different personalities... I kept hitting it on and on,and with every draw i was becoming a different man and all of us were starring at each otherselves,smiling and feeling like one happy family.

I've never combusted with the tubo.but i havent gotten past 220 in on demand mode.
I dont go past 185 C in cruise cause i start taste things i dont want to,also the color of my herb gets darker than what would i consider a "healthy" color. :)

each to their own, im a high temp vaper and got the tubo for its on the edge of combustion properties, will have to try some low temp flavour tokes on it later. best way i have found is using the whip with the tubo on its side its like a portable ssv

Top Bottom