Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
on another note:
i am very positive that i have found the origin of the heatup issue. i am testing the new firmware for a few days to be sure of its functionality but it looks very good.

Nice! I haven't had the bug in a while now actually, but I guess this will be the update I do for the session feature as well. Will those instructions still work? Looking forward to it!!!

Been having great results lately at 380-420 with those shallow custom screens I mentioned in bent stems, around 3-5 smooth tasty hits... Will report back soon ish with more photos finally

little maggie

My tubo is dead.:(
I wanted to redo the cruise upgrade. I attached it to the computer and it showed as charging on the tubo but didn't show as connected on the computer. I had 0 problems when I updated the first time. Anyway when I looked again planning on removing it and trying a different USB cord it looked like it had turned off. But it won't turn on and I've tried a couple of fully charged batteries.
I guess I have to ship it back which is going to be expensive both ways.

little maggie

Nevermind. I finally got it going again. That was frightening- it would be less so if it was one of the vapes I don't use much. This may be a coincidence but after trying several batteries I put one in that is not as strong as the ones i've been using and it started.
I still can't figure out the coil but I'll just reset if I need to. The coil is 240 but there's nothing on the battery door to compare it to.
I would like to fix the time which got off but when I try it only shows 24 hour time. It's been working fine but is now running 1 hour ahead.

Last edited:

RelaxedNow

Is there an easy solution to the software so that I don't have to reset cruise every time I use it? If I put cruise at one of the other click settings and leave edit at 3 then I lose one of the other clicks that I do use.

You can enter edit mode by pressing the Fire and + buttons at the same time. That should free up the 3-click option for Cruising.

The only click setting I use is 2 for Cruise. 3 is edit, but I don't use it. What else are you using clicks for?

RelaxedNow

Nevermind. I finally got it going again. That was frightening- it would be less so if it was one of the vapes I don't use much. This may be a coincidence but after trying several batteries I put one in that is not as strong as the ones i've been using and it started.
I still can't figure out the coil but I'll just reset if I need to. The coil is 240 but there's nothing on the battery door to compare it to.
I would like to fix the time which got off but when I try it only shows 24 hour time. It's been working fine but is now running 1 hour ahead.

Maybe @funkyjunky will stop by and help you with the missing resistance number. I haven't searched, but I believe he stated it should be at or around .185 on every unit. That number happens to be what is written at the bottom of my door with a black marker.

I was able to set my clock, but I can't remember now how I managed to save the changes. Sorry I can't help.

I'm using 4 for on/off and 2 for clock although I don't know what clock is for since I can't reset the time. I'll reset 2 for cruise and leave 4 for on and off since i'm used to that. If edit wants to be 3 it can keep it.

Another option is to use 5 clicks to turn it on and off, freeing up 4 if you'd like. 5 clicks is the default on/off, so it doesn't need to be set in the Click menu.

EDIT: Oops, double post. I hope a moderator comes along to combine them.

Last edited by a moderator:

little maggie

Another option is to use 5 clicks to turn it on and off, freeing up 4 if you'd like. 5 clicks is the default on/off, so it doesn't need to be set in the Click menu.

EDIT: Oops, double post. I hope a moderator comes along to combine them.
Thanks. I can't read his writing very well. Apparently what I thought was a weird scribble is 185 so I will need help from FJ with instructions for resetting the coil.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@little maggie I already told you how to reset your coil resistance :).(bottom of previous page). Also if u look in the thread i while back you would see that i have experienced the very same problem with tubo playing dead as a result of the software installation not going well. First time it was due to flawed unzip ,which messed the file,and second time the update tool was bitching .This is why i downloaded the NFE toolbox,IMO it handles things better. You can look into your box,it had a list with instructions inside. Also you can see how to change all that settings,if you look on the web.. just google how to set EVIC VTC MINI 2.0,there are plenty of video too...,
My coil resistance is 190 and honestly i can say ,it doesnt work well at 189 or lower. I suggest you start from 185 raising by one till you find what works best

little maggie

@little maggie I already told you how to reset your coil resistance :).(bottom of previous page). Also if u look in the thread i while back you would see that i have experienced the very same problem with tubo playing dead as a result of the software installation not going well. First time it was due to flawed unzip ,which messed the file,and second time the update tool was bitching .This is why i downloaded the NFE toolbox,IMO it handles things better. You can look into your box,it had a list with instructions inside. Also you can see how to change all that settings,if you look on the web.. just google how to set EVIC VTC MINI 2.0,there are plenty of video too...,
My coil resistance is 190 and honestly i can say ,it doesnt work well at 189 or lower. I suggest you start from 185 raising by one till you find what works best
First, I appreciate your help. But I am not exaggerating when I say I'm low tech. Which is why I haven't tried the NFE toolbox because it sounds too complicated for me. This is what you wrote in terms of directions: You can go to menu by pressing fire button and + ,then go to coils and correct the value if need." When going to the coils menu there are options like manage and TCR set and them more options within those. Too many options for someone low tech to know which options to choose. The one thing I can see is that my coil is set at 183. I think that a lot of you grew up with computers which makes things seem simpler than they are for someone who didn't. I'm ok leaving it at that setting since it is much higher when in use.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
First, I appreciate your help. But I am not exaggerating when I say I'm low tech. Which is why I haven't tried the NFE toolbox because it sounds too complicated for me. This is what you wrote in terms of directions: You can go to menu by pressing fire button and + ,then go to coils and correct the value if need." When going to the coils menu there are options like manage and TCR set and them more options within those. Too many options for someone low tech to know which options to choose. The one thing I can see is that my coil is set at 183. I think that a lot of you grew up with computers which makes things seem simpler than they are for someone who didn't. I'm ok leaving it at that setting since it is much higher when in use.
I am not a high tech person ,but i learn from experience,and cant learn without even trying... Just explore the menu... Anyway here is the way to do it.
Menu>Coils>Manage>TCR (mine is locked at 0.190).
Menu>Coils>TCR set m1,m2,m3 = 185
NI/TI/SS = DEF
Please dont get scared by the NFE toolbox, it is not something complicated,my windows media player does a lot more confusion to me...
-----------------------------
Edited, I am wondering if you have received a printed a4 with instructions a.k.a TUBO MANUAL,there is a good and simple explanations and pics about button operations and troubleshooting ,i can take a photo of mine if you dont have it.

Last edited:

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
Thanks for the input people, it's always better to be prepared :D :)

Yet, since its value is more than $30 dollars (think it's a little less in euro) you have to pay EU customs fees or import fees at least. Ask funky about it, he knows that stuff. :)

Correct me if i am wrong, but The Swiss are in NOT the EU ,but they have some financial agreements with the EU ,no custom fees are owed, but you have to still pay what we call here Value-added tax which where i live is flat 20%, You can get free of that 20% if you go on route for some certificate called euro 1 ,but it is only worth it if you import something really expensive like a car,other wise it will cost you more to get ,than it will save you.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hey FC!

A pre-Mod release.

New Quad (4) Preload Stem Pack available!
https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p52/Quad_(4)_Preload_18mm_Stem_Pack.html

Internal Screen + Basket Screen equals a fully enclosed herb chamber! Preload these and take them on the go!

Coupon Code QuadPack5 gets you $5 off! Limited Quantity! 20 available currently!

Quad Pack Contains:
  • 4 x 18mm Custom Glass Stems
  • 5 x 18mm Rimmed Basket Screens
  • 5 x 18mm Internal Rimless Basket Screens
  • 1 Heavy Duty Nylon Carry Case with Belt Clip
ZRJCPiz.jpg
Friends,

Thought I'd throw a quick video on YouTube so you can see how I help you get those internal screens installed quick and easy! Any kit in which I include rimless basket screens will also include the Screen Installation Tool (better known as my herb loading funnel.... now has a dual use!!!!)

Anyhow, enjoy!
DDave

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
tubo has been great past few days. friends who are new to vaping used it no issues and everyone thought it was really neat looking.

i am experiencing sometimes where it will shut off midcruise with no msg... but i assume it's low battery or too hot... not sure though.

my magnet that's on the detachable part of the battery door also needs to be reglued but no biggie. tubo was rly all i needed for this trip, i just need to bring more batteries around with me!

i still am pretty much only using cruise and the bent stems also

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
also curious abt others battery life. im getting 3 240second (sometimes shorter due to due the random shutting off) session cruises max with HG2s but i can start getting the weak battery msg after just 1 240s cruise.

also @vapen00b you're right. i meant milaana. my underdogs, milaana and brick all give better taste. vapcap (even w low temp first hit) is not as good

Top Bottom