Transformer Tubes (Formerly Steele Concept)

bassplayer

Yeah man let her rip :). Tell us how it works out.
Actually it worked great! The only potential downside is that the tube gets so frosty that you can't see the vapor as you draw it through. I didn't warm up the mouthpiece, I think my goatee stopped anything from sticking due to the cold. Ice cold Steele Concept plus ice cold water plus 8 steel ice cubes means very cool (if not cold) vapor - it's a totally different feeling at the back of my throat vs all my other glass (granted, I don't use ice or anything with the other pieces). Anyways, definitely a great system and I highly recommend it!:clap::rockon:

Another thing I just noticed - the vapor definitely had a TON of flavor

bassplayer,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Nice to hear bassplayer! I used to use regular ice with my PURE and though it worked well, when the ice melts it sucks and the water level overflows :(. Most people who get glass water pipes start using ice then stop because of that inconvenient factor.

The steel ice solves the melting issue and you might notice they stay super cold for a long time. Great for sessions with buddies.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I think I could probably count on one hand, how many times I've used ice, because of melt.

I love the concept of your water pipe's cooling. Removing and replacing what many consider a big inconvenience, into a more efficient/effective package.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: bassplayer

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Thanks BDV. As bassplayer stated its kinda something you have to experience with the frozen cubes. When you don't get that hot throat tickle you can take an easy rip without that coughing irritation. As stated when my buddies and I were beta testing the unit we were pretty surprised at how well the whole thing worked... It led to my buddy taking some truly epic rips and sitting back smiling being like "you don't cough, man!"

Hehehe that was funny.

Steele Concept,

bassplayer

OK, time for me to try the Steele Concept with cubes for dabs - I did a couple dabs last night on my Matrix Nano and coughed like a champion - they were small dabs and good material so I'm convinced it's the heat of the vapor that's making me cough so much. I'm sure they'll be some loss of material as the vapor goes through the ice cold Steele Concept and over the cubes but I'll take that risk for smoother/cooler vapor :tup:

bassplayer,

bassplayer

I'm interested to hear how it stacks up. Keep us posted bass, coughing sucks.
OK, so it did work very well at lessening the cough, I only coughed mildly vs the wild coughing I was doing with the Nano Matrix, I'm sure it's due to the vapor heat and the fact that I'm quite new to MMJ. The dabs didn't hit as strong as in the Matrix, I'm assuming because more material was 'lost' due to the cold surfaces of the SC and cubes, so if I want the same effect I'll probably just have to use a bit more with the SC. I did not notice any material stuck to the SC or cubes as I rinsed them off afterwards but there certainly was a lesser effect on me. I'll take it though since coughing was greatly reduced.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Interested bass, thanks for sharing. I'm not particularly familiar with the concentrate game so I have relied on others for feedback. Like it states on the site, this piece is geared toward, vape, combustion and concentrates alike... We don't discriminate around here, a well rounded piece is the name of the game.

Steele Concept,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
OK, so it did work very well at lessening the cough, I only coughed mildly vs the wild coughing I was doing with the Nano Matrix, I'm sure it's due to the vapor heat and the fact that I'm quite new to MMJ. The dabs didn't hit as strong as in the Matrix, I'm assuming because more material was 'lost' due to the cold surfaces of the SC and cubes, so if I want the same effect I'll probably just have to use a bit more with the SC. I did not notice any material stuck to the SC or cubes as I rinsed them off afterwards but there certainly was a lesser effect on me. I'll take it though since coughing was greatly reduced.

Are you new to mmj and already doing concentrates?

stickstones,

bassplayer

Interested bass, thanks for sharing. I'm not particularly familiar with the concentrate game so I have relied on others for feedback. Like it states on the site, this piece is geared toward, vape, combustion and concentrates alike... We don't discriminate around here, a well rounded piece is the name of the game.
I mostly vape and the piece is awesome with the Cloud, couldn't be happier with it!

bassplayer,

blais

hey steele, have you ever thought about putting a fixed stem on one of these so it sits straight up?
for some reason I just prefer the fixed stem

blais,

bassplayer

Are you new to mmj and already doing concentrates?
Yeah, though I do prefer vaping flowers. I like the concentrates because they are, for me, the quickest way to get medicated. I can't/don't smoke (way too harsh) and the vaporizer I use takes about 15-20min to warm up, sometimes I just want to 'hit it and quit it' quickly, that's where the concentrates come in. I'm also a really big guy and even though I'm new to MMJ, it takes a fair amount to get me medicated (compared to some friends of mine that have been using MMJ for a long time and are significantly smaller then I am). I medicate only at night and only right before bed - I like it best when I'm asleep about an hour after medicating (it usually takes a long time for me to sleep due to insomia)
Flavor and effects wise, vaping flowers is my favorite though.

bassplayer,

bassplayer

I will say it would be cool to have it powder coated, but certainly nothing wrong with the current design that's for sure, it's a great piece, I highly recommend it. The only thing I haven't tried is smoking through it, I'm sure it's the only piece I have that would allow me to smoke without tons of coughing, but with the Cloud I don't really feel the need to try smoking - it's a GREAT match for the Cloud and concentrate nails IMO

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
hey steele, have you ever thought about putting a fixed stem on one of these so it sits straight up?
for some reason I just prefer the fixed stem

I've thought about it... But I like the 45 degree angle as when one tilts the unit, the downstem is perfectly straight. It just sits right in the hand and is great for passing around to friends. Stemless designs IMHO aren't as good for passing around/aren't as ergonomic - if that makes sense.

Maybe in the future I'd make a stemless design but this I feel is the best option for now :2c:

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I'm also a really big guy and even though I'm new to MMJ, it takes a fair amount to get me medicated (compared to some friends of mine that have been using MMJ for a long time and are significantly smaller then I am). I medicate only at night and only right before bed - I like it best when I'm asleep about an hour after medicating (it usually takes a long time for me to sleep due to insomia)
Flavor and effects wise, vaping flowers is my favorite though.

Aside from size, some people just have different tolerances when it comes to herbal matter. I know some who hardly ever smoke and need a great volume of smoke to feel effects. Others are good after a few whispy hits.

+1 for moderation in vaporization. If people just had a vape or two after the day's work is done like people will have a beer or two after work... then there is less issues with tolerance, burnout, STM problems etc. I'm 6 foot, 180 lb I vape only after the days work is done then :zzz: Unless it's a special occasion.

Steele Concept,
Reactions: bassplayer

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Just a quick update... October went well, I have been expanding to NY, MI and CO and I'm currently sold out. This month I have an ad out in Hotbreath magazine and next month it's Nuggetry Magazine and BIG Industry. I'm going to see what avenues produce the greatest ROI. I'm actively working on that plate perc and hope to have it in the next lot of units.

Thanks for all your support everyone, I'm especially glad to see Sam doing his thing with the FC bub in October for the bub crowd.

As promised the quality will always stay the same or get better and the price will remain the same or get lower. I secured some awesome quality mouthpieces which can save some money and make life easier on my machinist. All in all manufacturing and designing a product costs a shitload and I'm trying to get to that point where I can make a living doing this. I believe we are getting there soon.... People seem to love the unit and that makes me happy :)

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I love mine. I actually take it with me to help demonstrate the cloud. People like using it. I have not had a single person say anything negative about the Steele Concept. They all seem impressed after they use it. It pairs quite well with the cloud.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
That's nice SliM. If people have negative stuff to say its generally "$300 for a plastic bong? Wtf?" Once people understand its all medical and industrial grade indestructible stuff they are accepting. Then they pick it up and feel the build quality and the weight and are impressed. Once they hit it they smile :) then the concept has won em over.

Generally people see it and immediately love the looks and uniqueness though, which is a good thing. When people love stuff they talk about it. Some people don't love it and that's fine, it's not for everyone.

As I said before it'd be great to get a cult following like the MFLB. Generally people love that thing and if they don't that's fine too because most people embrace the unique and innovative product.

On a separate note I may be using different bowls and downstems. Imma post on here and get your guys opinions for this next revision. You guys have good taste!

Steele Concept,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I like the down stem I got... The rapid fire one. It works well for vapor. I could see how it would get clogged though with combustion.

Slightly Medicated,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
The current bowl and downstem are on my site. The downstem is the horizontal slit variety.

Here are pictures of a different bowl I ordered to try, which I REALLY like. It's small and gorgeous, looks like a mini elegant vase. It's a bit more solid than the current cone bowl which I have broken 2 of :(. The downstem is the bottom diffused variety which after some testing seems to promote more even fire than the horizonal slit type.

The glass is high quality German boro stuff and it's convenient because I can get the new mouthpieces from the same source.

What do you guys think... Same bowl+downstem or new stuff?

PPK%20001_0.jpg

ED%20714-12_0.jpg

ED%20714-12_1.jpg

Steele Concept,

SD_haze

The current bowl and downstem are on my site. The downstem is the horizontal slit variety.

Here are pictures of a different bowl I ordered to try, which I REALLY like. It's small and gorgeous, looks like a mini elegant vase. It's a bit more solid than the current cone bowl which I have broken 2 of :(. The downstem is the bottom diffused variety which after some testing seems to promote more even fire than the horizonal slit type.

The glass is high quality German boro stuff and it's convenient because I can get the new mouthpieces from the same source.

What do you guys think... Same bowl+downstem or new stuff?

ED%20714-12_0.jpg

Are those just examples of the type of diffused downstem, or would there be actual "Black Leaf" branded downstems in the Steele?

SD_haze,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
SD_Haze - I'd just leave Black Leaf on, it's good glass. It's not like anyone can see the logo when it's in the unit :) The Plaisir logo is much smaller and low key. I kinda like the brand names as they indicate quality.

Check out the new perc plate. The sweet spot seems to be 1/10th inch holes for nice percolation, drainage and easy pulling. Super smooth after some product testing. The pull is much better IMHO compared to the smaller holes we had in the beta unit. It clears instantly, like a straight tube should.

I think the plaisir bowl definitely looks dope.

perplate.jpg

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
SD_Haze - I'd just leave Black Leaf on, it's good glass. It's not like anyone can see the logo when it's in the unit :) The Plaisir logo is much smaller and low key. I kinda like the brand names as they indicate quality.

Check out the new perc plate. The sweet spot seems to be 1/10th inch holes for nice percolation, drainage and easy pulling. Super smooth after some product testing. The pull is much better IMHO compared to the smaller holes we had in the beta unit. It clears instantly, like a straight tube should.

I think the plaisir bowl definitely looks dope.

Looking good! I like the new hole size as well. I think it will end up draining more efficiently.

Slightly Medicated,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Yeah SliM it drains nicely now. Lol I think I've made up my own mind regarding the new glass... I really like it.

So this week my machinist is getting quotes on water jet cutting the perc plates. He said laser just isn't going to have the accuracy we are going for. I also expect to receive a polished unit and lighter matte finished unit this week. We will see what they look like and move from there, personally I like the darker matte finish we use but sometimes it can leave fingerprints more than a lighter finish. Multiple requests have been made for a polished unit so I am exploring.

The new perc plate and glass will be really nice product enhancements. We will see about the finishing options but this should be the "final" unit. I have made about 5 revision improvements since the beginning and really feel like this is the optimal one.

Product design would be much simpler if I wasn't so picky but being crazy critical is what makes the best products :2c: Quality>Everything.

Top Bottom