Transformer Tubes (Formerly Steele Concept)

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
What do you guys think... Same bowl+downstem or new stuff?

I like the bowl, although I would not like the down steam as much. When I was still doing the combustion thing, I would have been annoyed at how quickly it will get plugged with that sealed bottom. I much prefer the current design you have where there is a hole for material to pass through. It would delay the inevitable need to clean/unclog the stem.

I would keep the current down stem, and use the other bowl. Although I might remove the labels from them... I noticed some people get really weird about mixing brand names...

Slightly Medicated,

Tamataz

Icelander
I agree with SM, with that down stem, combusting will be a nightmare. I could imagine that getting clogged after a couple of bowls.

Tamataz,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
That's good advice SliM. We will see how the new downstem does with combustion and if there is a clogging issue. Right now I have 50 of both types so people can have an option. What matters most is that they are both thick quality glass, I've seen some cheap downstems and bowls in my day and they suck!

sixtysix

Saw one of your pieces at Blue Nile in NY a few weeks ago. Me and my girlfriend thought the steel cubes looked awesome. The piece was really quality as well.

bassplayer

Check out the new perc plate. The sweet spot seems to be 1/10th inch holes for nice percolation, drainage and easy pulling. Super smooth after some product testing. The pull is much better IMHO compared to the smaller holes we had in the beta unit. It clears instantly, like a straight tube should.
Does the new perc plate perform significantly better/different than the original plate?

bassplayer,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Saw one of your pieces at Blue Nile in NY a few weeks ago. Me and my girlfriend thought the steel cubes looked awesome. The piece was really quality as well.

Thank you sixtysix, that means a lot to me.

bassplayer - The perc plate does perform significantly better. It allows for some nice percolation, faster clear and overall better experience. It won't change your life like a ShamWOW or Snuggie but it's a solid value add.

If anyone on FC that bought a first gen unit would like to upgrade I will provide a significant discount, as this is fair and I'm all about fair and honest business practices.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Update: New models should be available later next week. High Times is definitely gonna throw it in February issue under their gear section, this is good news. I know I always keep an eye on their new products page, it helps keep me in the know.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Hey man i love the design, i have an acrilic water pipe thats three years old ) ; hah
I just have one question have you looked into the effects of BPA and the possibility of leaching from the Pollycarb.? heres a link to an article about a study done on pollycarb. water bottles. http://www.treehugger.com/green-food/bpa-spiked-urine-new-study-points-to-polycarbonate-bottles.html

Yes I have. Safety was my #1 concern when designing this product. My polycarbonate tubing and sealant are FDA approved for food contact and medical devices. The key point here is we aren't ingesting the water nor is the water contacting the polycarbonate tube for long anyway. In addition to this fact we will periodically change the water in these devices. The water sits in the base which is 304 medical grade stainless (the same material SS water bottles are made of)

Now if this device were all polycarbonate and one was like my buddy in high school who would actually drink used water pipe water!!! Then one should be concerned for a couple of reasons lol. Ugh I still get nauseous thinking about this.

430363_284611944932315_184225301637647_796863_586931873_n.jpg

I am a very health conscious individual and switched to a stainless steel water bottle years ago, I recommend others do the same if they use a nalegene type polycarbonate bottle for water drinking.

Steele Concept,

thesoloman

Thats a quick response (: im not sure if its possible but what about BPA leeching into the air in the tube?
On a second note, being a 25 year old and having his own water pipe line out, would you have any advice to someone who invisions himself starting a line of smoking/vapping/dabbing tools? aka a stoner multitool

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
It's a quick response because of that FC email notification. During the day I'm generally in front of a computer making sales calls so if it's business related, like this... I'm on it.

The Incredibowl and Jet Water Pipe have been using polycarbonate for years. If I felt this was a health concern I would have chosen an alternative material. This tube is my daily driver and my friends so like I said safety was my #1 concern when designing this.

My advice would be firstly to know the industry you are in. Have you ever owned your own business? Do you fancy yourself an entrepreneur? Do you work hard? Have you worked retail? What is your education level, formal or otherwise? Are you willing to work for months on end for little to no money? Manufacturing costs a lot of money especially when starting from scratch. If you have further questions you can PM me and we can chat my man :)

Steele Concept,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Hey Steele! Can you use GrungOff or SimpleGreen on the Steele Concept?

It is a hit at the School of Dank. People seem to enjoy using it. Lots of people here on the West Coast want them :) You should make a trip out here and get some shops signed up.

Slightly Medicated,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
New units are done, just waiting for the perc plates to have em welded in... Waiting on suppliers sucks sometimes but it's part of the game. My product will be in Hotbreath next week and next month the exposure in BIG and Nuggetry should be nice! I love when I see headshops having Black Friday sales, that's so cool.

Steele Concept,
Reactions: deadc0ffee

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Hey Steele! Can you use GrungOff or SimpleGreen on the Steele Concept?

It is a hit at the School of Dank. People seem to enjoy using it. Lots of people here on the West Coast want them :) You should make a trip out here and get some shops signed up.

From a quick google search on the ingredients of those products, I wouldn't recommend it. As per the flight manual just use some isopropyl or ethanol. It's cheap, very effective and safe.

I would expect with this next lot of units a nice portion will be headed west, especially with the exposure in Nuggetry magazine (big in SoCal). We are getting the product in CO now, word should just be getting out west in the next month or so. They say West is best!

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I've got some friends that just opened up a new head shop. I've been working on them to carry some nice stuff. Though their reasoning and actions so far, are incredibly stupid. First they're concerned, if there's even a market here for HQ glass. I just had to laugh. They've got this 20" POS 3x honeycomb they want $300 for and he's asking if there's a market for NICE stuff, around the same price and cheaper. I went over to another shop in town and they're selling this Ill-G stuff for the same prices. They carry Sheldon Black. If they're moving that stuff. They sure as hell can move stuff.

Anyway, if I end up talking sense into them, would it be OK to hook something up with your wares, in their shop.? Personally, I think it would appeal to more than a few of my clumsy friends.

BigDaddyVapor,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I've got some friends that just opened up a new head shop. I've been working on them to carry some nice stuff. Though their reasoning and actions so far, are incredibly stupid. First they're concerned, if there's even a market here for HQ glass. I just had to laugh. They've got this 20" POS 3x honeycomb they want $300 for and he's asking if there's a market for NICE stuff, around the same price and cheaper. I went over to another shop in town and they're selling this Ill-G stuff for the same prices. They carry Sheldon Black. If they're moving that stuff. They sure as hell can move stuff.

Anyway, if I end up talking sense into them, would it be OK to hook something up with your wares, in their shop.? Personally, I think it would appeal to more than a few of my clumsy friends.

Absolutely. If they have a retail shop you can have them use the contact form on the website, we can talk about a wholesale account.

What state is this in BDV?

Steele Concept,

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
Not to be a doucher, but Me and my buddy own and operate jetwaterpipes.com Just wondering what in your opinion makes the steele concept different/better than the JET? Ours is designed with computational fluid dynamics for mathematically and geometrically perfect rips, is guaranteed for life, and is 110$ cheaper. I'm not knocking your product, it's good to have variation. With the cost of your product though I have a hard time understanding why someone would buy the steele over the JET. If I were you, I wouldn't out source the machinists to make your product. If you could do it in house you could reduce the costs a lot, which would keep you in business longer. If you have your head above water after the first year you should be good to go! Like I said i'm not trying to be a dick, I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Not to be a doucher, but Me and my buddy own and operate jetwaterpipes.com Just wondering what in your opinion makes the steele concept different/better than the JET? Ours is designed with computational fluid dynamics for mathematically and geometrically perfect rips, is guaranteed for life, and is 110$ cheaper. I'm not knocking your product, it's good to have variation. With the cost of your product though I have a hard time understanding why someone would buy the steele over the JET. If I were you, I wouldn't out source the machinists to make your product. If you could do it in house you could reduce the costs a lot, which would keep you in business longer. If you have your head above water after the first year you should be good to go! Like I said i'm not trying to be a dick, I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Hi, nice to have you guys here :). The Steele Concept is a bit different than the JET as it is made of different materials being the polycarb, stainless and glass. It looks and functions a bit differently. The glycerin cubes combined with a bit of diffusion/percolation allow for a very smooth rip, as I'm sure your product provides as well. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try the JET but I was aware of the product when I launched mine, I have seen it in a couple of retailers shops as well.

I'm no engineer but I'm familiar with technology and have an eye for minimalism. It was my goal to bring to the market an indestructible designer water pipe that has clean lines and clean function. IMHO, both our products are indestructible, yet for different audiences. It's kind of funny you posted here as I just shot you guys an email. I was hoping we could talk business.

Take 'er easy,

-Steve

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Just wondering what in your opinion makes the steele concept different/better than the JET?

From what I can tell your water pipe does not have a removable bowl or a GonG down stem. Which makes it pretty much a combustion only piece. The Steele concept has the 14mm GonG down stem so the product can be adapted to work with many different vaporizers. This is a huge selling point for a forum that is all about vaporization.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
From what I can tell your water pipe does not have a removable bowl or a GonG down stem. Which makes it pretty much a combustion only piece. The Steele concept has the 14mm GonG down stem so the product can be adapted to work with many different vaporizers. This is a huge selling point for a forum that is all about vaporization.

I believe the JET can work with 14mm bowls but I don't know if it accepts the GonG downstems. Maybe quantum could chime in on this?

When designing the Steele Concept I was looking at various options and chose the 18-14mm Low Pro downstem and GonG bowl as it looked and functioned the best IMHO. For the vaporizer community I know we love hookin' up to glass.

Steele Concept,

quantumaviator

jetwaterpipes.com
Manufacturer
oh yeah guys! The JET accepts any14mm GonG bowls/attachments in its stem, so you can hook up vapes to it. We are also going to be designing our own vaporizer bowl in the future. We have 2 new attachments that are coming out for the JET as well, keeping those secret until the release which is very very soon! Can't wait for people to see them, gonna blow some minds!

quantumaviator,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I'm sure we're all looking forward to your thread. Make sure you register as a retailer here. Admin, rightfully so... is pretty strict on that and welcome to the forum.

Back to the Steele. I'm in CA... though we may need to get him a phone number to set up an account. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking he's a Net nOOb. First I have to convince him, he's carrying @#$% and I can get him HQ for the same damn price. Hell, he could do it on his own, with a little effort. Nope, he's so far... using one of the big distributors.

I'll let you know.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
oh yeah guys! The JET accepts any14mm GonG bowls/attachments in its stem, so you can hook up vapes to it. We are also going to be designing our own vaporizer bowl in the future. We have 2 new attachments that are coming out for the JET as well, keeping those secret until the release which is very very soon! Can't wait for people to see them, gonna blow some minds!

That's nice quantum. As BigDaddyVapor mentioned, these forums are specifically catered to the vaporizer community and consist primarily of consumers. Retailers need to register with the Administrator and if you are going to talk about your product it needs to be in your own thread you create. It's nothing personal but it's all stated in the rules, they are made that way so there aren't retailers being like "my product is the best blablabla." I know you weren't doing this and I asked you about your product because I was curious. These forums aren't the biggest on glass or smoking devices but rather focus on vaporizers. I chose this forum as my homebase to talk about my product as I knew there was a mature and critical audience here that is lacking at a lot of other forums. Just figured I'd point this out. Anyhow, welcome aboard man and after you contact the Admin ensure to read the Retailer rules, as per my email give me a ring any time as I'd love to talk business and about you and your partners experience in this industry :science:

BigDaddyVapor - I'm shooting you a PM now. You or your buddy are welcome to call me any time as well my man.

Adobewan

That's nice quantum.
Very gracious thread hospitality, Steele.
Set up a thread Quantum, we'll check you out, but let's focus on the fruits of Steele's time and efforts here.
I've quickly moved from glass "newbie" to glass "gottahaveie".
Currently the happy owner of the Omicron Bubbler, Persei Bubbler, Leviathan's FC Bubbler, and GBD's FC Bubbler(last three within the last month). And knowing myself, I know one day I'll be silent screaming, looking down at a wet, broken pile of memories, so the indestructible nature of your piece initially spun my head. Mix in those awesome "CRT" steel cubes, "Chill-Retention-Tech"(coined it!), that could only be used in such a tank, and my interest piqued, but the diffusion disk you're introducing into the V2 is what has me starting to zero in. Excited about the potential increased diffusion over the four slots design.
Good luck with the V2 release.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Very gracious thread hospitality, Steele.
Set up a thread Quantum, we'll check you out, but let's focus on the fruits of Steele's time and efforts here.
I've quickly moved from glass "newbie" to glass "gottahaveie".
Currently the happy owner of the Omicron Bubbler, Persei Bubbler, Leviathan's FC Bubbler, and GBD's FC Bubbler(last three within the last month). And knowing myself, I know one day I'll be silent screaming, looking down at a wet, broken pile of memories, so the indestructible nature of your piece initially spun my head. Mix in those awesome "CRT" steel cubes, "Chill-Retention-Tech"(coined it!), that could only be used in such a tank, and my interest piqued, but the diffusion disk you're introducing into the V2 is what has me starting to zero in. Excited about the potential increased diffusion over the four slots design.
Good luck with the V2 release.

Thanks Adobewan. The units will be out next week for sure, just got off the phone to confirm. Not in a hurry to get a few units this week as it's Thanksgiving holiday and all. As we all know vapor is hot and dry, water pipes take care of the moisture issue but not a lot address the heat. The SC does a nice job cooling things down and provides some of that nice moisture, the result is that ultra smooth hit that we are all after.

Lol, I like your CRT term. Let us rephrase in "Buy my product, marketing speak..."

The Steele Concept leverages patent pending Chill-Retetion-Technology to provide the smoothest hit on earth! Act now and we'll throw in a free useless item that you don't need! But that's not all folks the Steele Concept is limited and only available for a limited time offer. Buy the best and greatest water pipe in the world and be the coolest of your friends. It will increase your man girth, salary and you will prosper in life... BUY NOW!!!

Hehehe I'm just playing around all. I'm wishing everyone a safe and fun Holiday, spend some time with the ones you love (even the annoying ones) and put back some Turkey :peace:

Top Bottom