Discontinued ThermoVape

mike111

It seems to have got past you, you got an apology, right?

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, good Customer Service is not "everything" as you state, it does not make up for poor practices otherwise.

Yes, I like TV and their products (amongst others), but that's not the point. IMO you're off base, which is why I suggested you do a little research. I'm surprised it didn't show up in your "research" before, it's pretty common. That's my point, it's the common experience by far. Yes, the readers of this Forum know that I think which is why you're not getting any traction here.

Please, once again, why is it you went to the PO without ever checking on the package's progress? How did you know it was there? When I go to the PO to pick such a package up, I have a 'yellow chit' from them showing they tried to deliver it.....

Since you asked 'why should I read' again, please let me give you the same answer.....because I think you're way off base here and most everyone reading 'your stuff' sees it that way?

BTW, serial posts are a no-no on this Forum, you're supposed to use the edit function to combine them. It's in the rules.

Good luck with your next vape attempt, I suggest next time you not take a shipping estimate as a confirmation of a delivery in the future. TV did nothing out of the ordinary here, 'it happens with everybody'.

OF
Another unbiased response I see----Im way off base? are you okay? Why are you defending this company and why do you add things i never typed... I should do research why ??????????? you do research to find out about products ----how would researching have prevented the shipping issue and lack of communication? Its as if you refuse to understand the issue ---- again which post said I didn't check the tracking details and went to my post office without checking? what does that have to do with anything? I checked daily and on Friday morning it still said would be delivered to the post office that day ---again I don't think you understand ---- maybe this will be easier for you --- if i was supposed to receive my package yesterday knowing it was sent priority mail wen do you think they sent it?
sorry im new here not sure what a "serial post" is i simply responded to everyone wow

And no i did not get an apology simply justification and an address to return it unused unopened. Which is the point !!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike111,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Another unbiased response I see----Im way off base? are you okay? Why are you defending this company and why do you add things i never typed... I should do research why ??????????? you do research to find out about products ----how would researching have prevented the shipping issue and lack of communication? Its as if you refuse to understand the issue ---- again which post said I didn't check the tracking details and went to my post office without checking? what does that have to do with anything? I checked daily and on Friday morning it still said would be delivered to the post office that day ---again I don't think you understand ---- maybe this will be easier for you --- if i was supposed to receive my package yesterday knowing it was sent priority mail wen do you think they sent it?
sorry im new here not sure what a "serial post" is i simply responded to everyone wow

And no i did not get an apology simply justification and an address to return it unused unopened. Which is the point !!!!!!!!!!!!!
May I suggest, you would likely be better off voicing your concerns to https://www.usps.com/customer-service/customer-service.htm

OF

Another unbiased response I see----Im way off base? are you okay? Why are you defending this company and why do you add things i never typed... I should do research why ???????????

again which post said I didn't check the tracking details and went to my post office without checking? what does that have to do with anything? I checked daily and on Friday morning it still said would be delivered to the post office that day

Wow, where to start? Yes, I think your claim that TV CS is poor is way off base. At several levels, actually. A way to see that is to research a bit in this forum. I'm not the one having troubles, but thanks for the concern.

So, you're right you never said you didn't check the tracking before this, but you did say "I went to the post office it wasn't there" on post #5018 right? I assumed (I know....) that meant you hadn't checked. Please let me reask the question then? "Since you'd checked (daily) and knew it wasn't at the PO, why did you go there and ask?". Something doesn't ring true here to me....... Please excuse my confusion, but it just doesn't add up.

The consecutive post rule is in the "Terms and Rules" listed from the tab lower right, the rules we've all agreed to as a condition for permission to post:

"When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts."

No big deal, really, but the Mods do follow up (which you'd no doubt have noticed had you read the forum some)....honest, just trying to help there. Your call.

And finally I believe you did get an apology. I don't know what transpired between you and TV off line of course but I see "I'm sorry you were not happy with your purchase and the time frame it was delivered to you" in Tim's post to you here (number 5026). Sounds like an apology to me...... I'll bet you got similar 'boiler plate' before as well, that fits the pattern TV seems to show.

OF

OF,
Maybe, despite shipping thousands of packages all over the world, Mike is unaware that "Priority Mail" (and in particular "Priority Mail for Business") is a USPS product name. It does not mean that TV was charging you anything for "priority" service. If you check either the USPS site(s) (I'm including "Deliver" magazine and its web site - due to a previous career I still receive it), you will discover that for small packages, "Priority Mail" is exactly the same as "First Class", except you get a tracking number (with variable value, as you've learned). More importantly, it is _marketed_ by the USPS as the LEAST expensive method for the shipper to receive "Delivery Confirmation" (extra cost if you walk in - free if "Priority Mail for Business" with pre-printed labels is used).

Is it the name that is confusing? "Priority"? Blame the folks in marketing and advertising.

Also, if you have the tracking number, the first entry on the USPS report should be when they (i.e. USPS) were given the package. Prior to receipt, if a label is printed before midnight, after midnight if the package has not yet been submitted, the USPS report will say "Package expected" rather than giving any location. If, on Tuesday or Wednesday, the USPS site gave *ANY* location, TV had already delivered it to the USPS.

Possibly this will clarify things some, or maybe Mike can tell us exactly when he saw the first "expected delivery" date and what the package status was at that time.

-NDA

Nick Again,
Reactions: OF

Darb

I understand what you're saying, but I can't actually measure a difference in some of the several 18650 driven supplies I've tested and the 17670 driven TV "T1" supply. In those cases I can measure a difference, the TV wins every time. Nothing beats it for power output. The TV design simply has lower losses. Often by several tenths of a volt.

Regulated boost supplies can put out more power (sometimes) of course. And many can run longer (having higher capacity batteries), but I consider battery life secondary to power output in most cases. And I see VV supplies in a different class.

FWIW I usually run my DART on the 14500 driven Alpha supply (basically the same power out, but smaller physically, 1/3 the capacity) and even the little Ultra Lite with it's bitty 10440 (power does suffer some here but the tiny size is a big plus sometimes).

Longer battery life and more battery options would be improvements of course, for those reasons I would not bet against a 18650 TV supply in our future; but not for superior power output (that we have already).

OF

Interesting.
Maybe it's all in my head but is sure seems like the 18650 powered device produces way more vapor and quicker too.
What are you measuring exactly OF? Voltage or Amperage?
What results did you come up with?
I'll have to run by work and pick up my multimeter to run some tests.
I'm confident in your measurements so I'd like to compare my TV power supply output to yours.
Maybe this is why I could never get my revolution to work right??
I guess its possible I have a bad connection at the switch causing a high resistance....or maybe its just my imagination.

Darb,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer

Mike,

I've apologized to you twice now on FC for the confusion on your order.

That first e-mail is NOT when we shipped it, it is simply when we printed it. When it changed the date for its delivery, that's when they picked it up and were able to re-calculate the arrival date.

If you have any more concerns you can e-mail me at tim@thermovape.com

Cheers,
Tim

OF

What are you measuring exactly OF? Voltage or Amperage?
What results did you come up with?
I'll have to run by work and pick up my multimeter to run some tests.
I'm confident in your measurements so I'd like to compare my TV power supply output to yours.

On my latest rig I actually measure both Voltage and Current. The rub is you need to measure under load, you'll probably want to cobble something up (I used a couple thread adapters, some wire and solder in my first attempts).

Since the resistance is fairly constant, Voltage readings will do fine for this.

Drops under load depend also on the quality of the battery. IMR 1600 mAh seems the best (better by a bit than 2000s). I see about .4 Volts 'sag' with Persei at 2.5 Amps, about half that with TV. Lesser grades of 18650s add another tenth or a bit more to that. If your battery reads say 4.1 Volts you might get 3.7 with Persei, 3.9 with TV. More or less.

Switches tend to be 'all or nothing' deals here. If they develop too much internal resistance (say from contamination) they also heat because of it (power transfers from the load to them) which usually corrects the issue (you never 'see it') but that's of course always likely. Active circuits, like in Persei, add to these losses of course.

Anyway, Persei is good for what it does (a bit better than some of the others, more with others). I had a 'battery in a tube' 18650 that also did well (better than Persei here) sometimes.....until the switch blew up. Can't recommend that route.

By all means do make some measurements if you've a mind to, interesting stuff to be found. That's how I discovered the 14650 used in Omicron V2 is actually a poorer performer than the 'lesser' 14500. Feel free to PM me if you want to go for it?

Best wishes.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Darb

mike111

Wow, where to start? Yes, I think your claim that TV CS is poor is way off base. At several levels, actually. A way to see that is to research a bit in this forum. I'm not the one having troubles, but thanks for the concern.

So, you're right you never said you didn't check the tracking before this, but you did say "I went to the post office it wasn't there" on post #5018 right? I assumed (I know....) that meant you hadn't checked. Please let me reask the question then? "Since you'd checked (daily) and knew it wasn't at the PO, why did you go there and ask?". Something doesn't ring true here to me....... Please excuse my confusion, but it just doesn't add up.

The consecutive post rule is in the "Terms and Rules" listed from the tab lower right, the rules we've all agreed to as a condition for permission to post:

"When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts."

No big deal, really, but the Mods do follow up (which you'd no doubt have noticed had you read the forum some)....honest, just trying to help there. Your call.

And finally I believe you did get an apology. I don't know what transpired between you and TV off line of course but I see "I'm sorry you were not happy with your purchase and the time frame it was delivered to you" in Tim's post to you here (number 5026). Sounds like an apology to me...... I'll bet you got similar 'boiler plate' before as well, that fits the pattern TV seems to show.

OF
and we continue --- lol my claim of my experience is way off base ? it is my opinion that thermpvapes customer service in responding to my inquiry was poorly handled. Are you clear? you may have a great experience thats fine I did not.

Next you seem to have an issue as to why I went to the post office lol ====
ill go slow ----I checked the status every day Wednesday. Thursday, Friday. the status said expected delivery Friday ---on Friday I started my day, Since the post office was nearby I decided to check knowing the mail gets delivered later than when I left my house and last checked the staus---- by the way ? I just checked the status and it still says expected delivery the 17th lol i hope thats clear

Next you clearly posted the response in this forum from thermovape as their apology ---again the emails sent to me that started all this not once had an apology.... yes in their response they decided to apologize an for what ? reread it

Why are you going so far to defend them over my experience very strange
I asked you in your opinion wen you think my package was really sent knowing it was sent priority mail and was to arrive yesterday ?

Mike,

I've apologized to you twice now on FC for the confusion on your order.

That first e-mail is NOT when we shipped it, it is simply when we printed it. When it changed the date for its delivery, that's when they picked it up and were able to re-calculate the arrival date.

If you have any more concerns you can e-mail me at tim@thermovape.com

Cheers,
Tim
Tim actually i saw one post from besides this one --- Let me tell you as a customer when we receive an email that the item was sent and it includes the actual tracking number, how can you expect a customer to not think it wasnt shipped?

It has a tracking number and expected delivery date and was shipped priority mail ,Wednesday the tracking said delivery date Friday, Thursday the same thing Friday the same thing. Are you telling me it was shipped on Friday? Thats all you had to say. But it looks like you are trying to hide something knowing we placed the order Saturday and knowing your Email stated by Wednesday it would be sent ----Im okay with there being a delay but why not at least understand and be sensitive to the issue. In fact there was a delay with another order from another company and they were apologetic and that was fine. Im sure your products are very good and Im sure you want your business to do well and Im sure it will . IMHO it could have been dealt with differently instead of putting the customer on the defensive----In no way would I want anyone to not purchase something from you because of this, all indications are that thermovape has great products, it was a small issue and I'm sure you understand thank you

mike111,

OF

Why are you going so far to defend them over my experience very strange
I asked you in your opinion wen you think my package was really sent knowing it was sent priority mail and was to arrive yesterday ?

We're going in circles here. I, and others, have pointed to 'some issues'. And your story has made a few interesting (and IMO important) changes along the way.

I'm not so much defending them as disagreeing with you and your assumptions. And I believe I'm not alone in that.

I'm fairly sure we'll be hearing very little if anything from you in the future (seems like you created an account to complain and throw mud?) but in that unlikely event we can certainly take up any new topics then. For now I think we've both made our points clear enough for readers to follow. They get to decide what's what and who's agenda is what?

OF

OF

lol another intersting response the story never changed -( he likes to get personal tooo) Now he suggests I talk to the post office lol but the package was sent Friday again point proven in his defense of a company

Careful, I think this is the only time KC has suggested anything to you? It seems to me like it's just that he too might think you're off base as well? And don't look now, it seems like NDA might also share that opinion?

OF

OF,

DubCRider

lol another intersting response the story never changed -( he likes to get personal tooo) Now he suggests I talk to the post office lol but the package was sent Friday again point proven in his defense of a company

ThermoVape is run by good people, if you give them a chance I'm sure they will make you happy. I would suggest emailing them and dropping it until this has been resolved. At this point you are beating a dead horse. We get it, you are upset the shipping said Friday and it came Monday. You got it, right? Patience is a virtue.

Hopefully you keep your unit and become a fellow advocate like the rest of these guys. I work for a different Vape company and still felt inclined to post. Again, they are good people, just take a read about why ThermoVape exists and you will know that. Give them a chance to make it right.

tim@thermovape.com

mike111

Umm no I have not received it and no Im not beating a dead horse im respondng to people that respond
like you ... And my post reflects only my experience In addition I have Emailed them ----Lastly I have posted on this site to thermovape that I would never want them to lose business and Im sure their products are great it was a customer service issue.

Careful, I think this is the only time KC has suggested anything to you? It seems to me like it's just that he too might think you're off base as well? And don't look now, it seems like NDA might also share that opinion?

OF
what was the point of this post? again somethings not right here

mod note: Speaking of points, you've made yours. You may want to review our rules, especially the 'Be nice' section, before you do any further complaining. http://fuckcombustion.com/rules/

mike111,

Bart

I'll keep mine short and sweet. I definatly understand delays and how upset people get when things don't always go according to thier own schedule. I'm a remodeling contractor. Sometimes jobs take a little longer than expected and I have to start the next one a little late. So if tv has a 100 orders infront of mine and it's ships late so be it.
My only complaint I can come up with about tv shipping is that damn FedEx option. I've hit it more than once and wanted to jump off a bridge waiting for it to get here.
I've always had great customer service. On an order for an evo core some time ago I got shipping confirmation day after order. It tracked as normal. Two days later I got a new email with updated shipping for a later date. I called to ask what happened and was told thier system crashed do they reshipped as soon as possible. Both evo cores showed up. I called and asked if I should return one. And was told to keep and enjoy it. They said theyd rather ship it twice than have a customer not get what they ordered.
A+ customer service for me. Now if the 6v triple core will get in stock soon I can order some more toys. Definatly picking USPS option. So much for short and sweet.
To Tim. Keep pushing the envelop. We appreciate your hard work and dedication.

mike111

I'll keep mine short and sweet. I definatly understand delays and how upset people get when things don't always go according to thier own schedule. I'm a remodeling contractor. Sometimes jobs take a little longer than expected and I have to start the next one a little late. So if tv has a 100 orders infront of mine and it's ships late so be it.
My only complaint I can come up with about tv shipping is that damn FedEx option. I've hit it more than once and wanted to jump off a bridge waiting for it to get here.
I've always had great customer service. On an order for an evo core some time ago I got shipping confirmation day after order. It tracked as normal. Two days later I got a new email with updated shipping for a later date. I called to ask what happened and was told thier system crashed do they reshipped as soon as possible. Both evo cores showed up. I called and asked if I should return one. And was told to keep and enjoy it. They said theyd rather ship it twice than have a customer not get what they ordered.
A+ customer service for me. Now if the 6v triple core will get in stock soon I can order some more toys. Definatly picking USPS option. So much for short and sweet.
Indeed I understand your happiness you were told to keep the item. Again Thermovape seems like a grreat product and my expeirence is still valid:)

mike111,

Bart

Indeed I understand your happiness you were told to keep the item. Again Thermovape seems like a grreat product and my expeirence is still valid:)
I'm not disputing the validity of your experience. I just think you should give them a chance and try out the product.
One goof or misunderstanding in customer service can be forgiven. I'd just hate to see you miss out on a great line of products just because of one incident. Shipping goofs suck. But popular consensus about tvs customer service leads me to believe that if an issue arises in the future it will almost asureadly be dealt with in a courteous and professional manner that tv is known for.
I've read the entire thread and the other tv threads and I agree there have been a few goofs blunders or untimely delays. But 99% of the time tv goes above and beyond to make a happy customer.
And ontop of that. Thier products are top notch, reliable and made in America.
If I lived in the same state I'd drive over and meet the crew. They have some amazing products coming.

mike111

I'm not disputing the validity of your experience. I just think you should give them a chance and try out the product.
One goof or misunderstanding in customer service can be forgiven. I'd just hate to see you miss out on a great line of products just because of one incident. Shipping goofs suck. But popular consensus about tvs customer service leads me to believe that if an issue arises in the future it will almost asureadly be dealt with in a courteous and professional manner that tv is known for.
I've read the entire thread and the other tv threads and I agree there have been a few goofs blunders or untimely delays. But 99% of the time tv goes above and beyond to make a happy customer.
And ontop of that. Thier products are top notch, reliable and made in America.
If I lived in the same state I'd drive over and meet the crew. They have some amazing products coming.
Yes I understand :) based on many posts not only here but other sites Thermovape is a quality product --- It was a principle thing for me. . I agree everyone makes a mistake and when they do they act accordingly ---But I may reconsider and keep it as I still have not received it, I don't want them to lose business.
Do you know of any cartridges that can hold more so it could be used for a period of time rather than having to reload that is not disposable?

mike111,
Do you know of any cartridges that can hold more so it could be used for a period of time rather than having to reload that is not disposable?

I can't think of any off the top of my head. :hmm:

It's a trade-off between the rev/dart and d9 carts. You basically decide whether you want to easily reload but have to do it more often (rev/dart), or take the time to load more upfront so that you don't have to reload as frequently (d9 carts). However, you'll eventually have to toss and replace the d9 cart.

UpUpandAway,

mike111

I can't think of any off the top of my head. :hmm:

It's a trade-off between the rev/dart and d9 carts. You basically decide whether you want to easily reload but have to do it more often (rev/dart), or take the time to load more upfront so that you don't have to reload as frequently (d9 carts). However, you'll eventually have to toss and replace the d9 cart.
Yes the people at Omicron said they are to be refilled 3 times max ---- What do you think is the largest amount that can go in the rev and how many draws could you get? thanks)

mike111,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Looks like I might be getting my 3.7v tomorrow, it's already in the Portland hub, and they are 3 hours away :D looking forward to it!

Just a heads up, I put the pipe's adapter up in the classifieds...

jambandphan03,
Yes the people at Omicron said they are to be refilled 3 times max ---- What do you think is the largest amount that can go in the rev and how many draws could you get? thanks)

The recommended max load is 0.1g, after you've prepped it with an initial load of 0.2g.

I've never counted how many hits I get off of a Dart load, so I loaded 0.8g of taffy and started keeping track. Only for you do I do this. :lol:

Off of 0.8g, I got 3 nice sized hits, 1 decent hit, and 2 wispy hits for a total of 6.

ymmv

One other note- the Dart is one of the easiest loading tools there is, especially for things like taffy and ear wax.

Edit:

Maybe you mean 0.08? Or they got to be some huge hits!!

:lol:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, yeah, I meant 0.08 g. :doh:

I was a bit medicated when I posted that; I had just gathered some data, afterall... :science:

UpUpandAway,

Darb

The recommended max load is 0.1g, after you've prepped it with an initial load of 0.2g.

I've never counted how many hits I get off of a Dart load, so I loaded 0.8g of taffy and started keeping track. Only for you do I do this. :lol:

Off of 0.8g, I got 3 nice sized hits, 1 decent hit, and 2 wispy hits for a total of 6.

ymmv

One other note- the Dart is one of the easiest loading tools there is, especially for things like taffy and ear wax.

Maybe you mean 0.08? Or they got to be some huge hits!!

Darb,

Snart420

7:10 Again
Funny I've have had similar experiences to mike111. Starts like this my LV dart core goes out i then contact thermovape via email reporting issues we go through the switch its not that so they agree to send the dart core. When i receive the package its not a LV dart its a SV revolution so i contacted them again about the issue and asked if it wasn't to much trouble could i keep the SV revolution i really liked it so i ordered the rev top window and the LV dart i still needed . This package comes with the top window and a SV revolution core still no LV dart and return envelope for the SV revolution .So i contact them again they say send back the SV revolution to get my LV dart at this point i have two SV revolutions no LV dart so i send back the SV revolution only to again receive the wrong part this time another rev top window now i call them very disappointed and they said ok this time we will get it right .So wait for a return envelope send the rev window back wait a week finally get the core about a month from the beginning of the issue.

Snart420,
Top Bottom