Discontinued ThermoVape

You all saw the response --- i haven't even received the item nor did i ever say I wasn't happy with the item. Clearly the point of my post had to do with not only the response but also the delay in shipping ---- how can an item be shipped on tuesday show tracking details for the item to arrive on Friday, then Friday those details change to be delivered on Monday and show that the item still is in the same location as where it was sent from on Tuesday. Someone is not being honest in addition the response you see here was not the response given in my Email. Why would Thermovape not contact The Post Office and request a refund or something for priority 3 day mail? Again customer service makes a compamy. This company has handled this suituation in a very non professional way and is only a hint as to what one may expect imho.
I had a recent transaction that kind of irked me a bit too. Over three weeks ago the ac adapter went from out of stock to in stock on the website so I assumed they had it in stock. I used a $150 contest prize I won to purchase the AC adapter and the glass on glass adapter that planned to use as a mouthpiece. About a week an a half went by and I only received the shipping info so I decided to email TV sales and they said they were out of stock and would hopefully be receiving the adapters by the end of the month. About a week later I just decided to flat out cancel the order because it was taking too long and OF and Thermocore Tim had just announced that there would be a whole new bunch of things coming out for the TV. When I cancelled the order I did not however receive a full refund. They took $10 off of my contest prize for shipping costs which is kind of confusing considering they never had anything in stock to ship to me. Now I understand that they probably paid for prepaid shipping or something, but I kinda find it hard that I should have to eat that cost after I ordered two items off the website that were available to order and didn't feel like waiting a month to receive my product.

Futuretvowner,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
You all saw the response --- i haven't even received the item nor did i ever say I wasn't happy with the item. Clearly the point of my post had to do with not only the response but also the delay in shipping ---- how can an item be shipped on tuesday show tracking details for the item to arrive on Friday, then Friday those details change to be delivered on Monday and show that the item still is in the same location as where it was sent from on Tuesday. Someone is not being honest in addition the response you see here was not the response given in my Email. Why would Thermovape not contact The Post Office and request a refund or something for priority 3 day mail? Again customer service makes a compamy. This company has handled this suituation in a very non professional way and is only a hint as to what one may expect imho.
Shipping is always an uncontrollable aspect of purchasing on line. As OF said the system shows tracking information right when the shipping label is printed at the senders end. Usually states shipping information received or what ever. As soon as a second line of information is available means it is in the hands of the shipping company or post office. At this point all kinds of weird information "may" appear which makes little sense. Many times information seems to stop right at the point of origin. I have had many time information says it is still at the point of origin but if fact is coming up the street for delivery.
My point is TV knows this so really what can you expect them to do. Guaranteed shipping is always an option if you want to pay for it.
I really appreciate the fact Tim is offering to ship via stamp if customer requests it. I know that is the route I'd go. I have found just as, if not faster. at times then a tracking number. :shrug:
A little trust can go a long way amongst honest folks. As far as I'm concerned those carrier companies make too much money.

Pipes

Pipes,
Reactions: OF

2clicker

Observer

mike, it is indeed unfortunate about your order. but if you read through the different TV threads you will see countless posts about TVs great service. and i would have to agree. as for your shipping issues. a lot of time with USPS once the shipping label is created/printed a status will show up online that appears to mean it has shipped. when in fact those details will change when the carrier actually picks up the item and scans the label. TV is not being dishonest by changing your delivery times on you. they are printing the label even if the order is still waiting to be filled. then when its filled it ships. that is all USPS not TV.

TV is working very hard to bring us the most innovative, durable, and high quality devices available. sometimes emails are left unanswered (its happened to me), but its not because they are dishonest. more like because they are busy as shit and are doing what they can. plus they just went through a move of which im sure didnt make life easier on them filling and shipping orders.

you want a high quality oil cart that will last forever? well you just canceled your order for one. trust me the Revs and Darts are amazing.

having said all of that... WHERE THE HELL IS MY NEW HP LV EVO AT TV?! :rockon:

2clicker,

mike111

Shipping is always an uncontrollable aspect of purchasing on line. As OF said the system shows tracking information right when the shipping label is printed at the senders end. Usually states shipping information received or what ever. As soon as a second line of information is available means it is in the hands of the shipping company or post office. At this point all kinds of weird information "may" appear which makes little sense. Many times information seems to stop right at the point of origin. I have had many time information says it is still at the point of origin but if fact is coming up the street for delivery.
My point is TV knows this so really what can you expect them to do. Guaranteed shipping is always an option if you want to pay for it.
I really appreciate the fact Tim is offering to ship via stamp if customer requests it. I know that is the route I'd go. I have found just as, if not faster. at times then a tracking number. :shrug:
A little trust can go a long way amongst honest folks. As far as I'm concerned those carrier companies make too much money.

Pipes
Again not once have I blamed Thermovape for the delay with the Post Office ---Again your explanation was not included in my Email as to what was happening.
Once again the order was placed on Saturday ----and Email was sent to me on Tuesday that the item was sent priority mail on that day and the expected delivery day was Friday. That Friday night the tracking details changed to expect delivery today (Monday) and was being sent from San Carlos ----

Now given your response tell me when you think a small package weighing less than a greeting card that was sent from San Carlos Calif to Los Angeles Calif should arrive with priority Mail and when do you think the item was actually shipped? Because here is their original response "Your order was placed on a Saturday. Naturally I wouldn't expect it to ship same day, nor Sunday (9th). It takes 1-3 business days to fulfill orders on average. That would mean Monday - Wednesday is it's completion period and ship date." that was their first response knwing they sent an Email to that it was sent Tuesday
I agree a lil trust can go a long ways which is the point!!!!!!!!! I would have been a new customer but look at their response ---- again not once apologizing for the delay---How can you trust a company that treats customers like this?

mike, it is indeed unfortunate about your order. but if you read through the different TV threads you will see countless posts about TVs great service. and i would have to agree. as for your shipping issues. a lot of time with USPS once the shipping label is created/printed a status will show up online that appears to mean it has shipped. when in fact those details will change when the carrier actually picks up the item and scans the label. TV is not being dishonest by changing your delivery times on you. they are printing the label even if the order is still waiting to be filled. then when its filled it ships. that is all USPS not TV.

TV is working very hard to bring us the most innovative, durable, and high quality devices available. sometimes emails are left unanswered (its happened to me), but its not because they are dishonest. more like because they are busy as shit and are doing what they can. plus they just went through a move of which im sure didnt make life easier on them filling and shipping orders.

you want a high quality oil cart that will last forever? well you just canceled your order for one. trust me the Revs and Darts are amazing.

having said all of that... WHERE THE HELL IS MY NEW HP LV EVO AT TV?! :rockon:

But why would I read through threads? My experience is real and the result of my experience is not based on the delay. In addition there was already one reply supporting my post about Thermovapes customer service. I have shipped tens of thousands of items around the world. If ever there was an issue I always tried to make sure the customer was satisfied -----They admitted it was sent Tuesday right? But 3 day priority means 3 days ----But if the item arrives Monday knowing priority mail is 3 days and the tracking changed on Friday and that the item was in San Carlos where the company is located, isn't it more probable that they shipped the item Friday and not Tuesday and wouldnt it have been professional to simply apologize or try to be honest about it?

Yes i am looking for a an oil cart if you know of others let me know .

mike111,

jpdnkstr

As stated before, I have had excellent customer service from Thermovape, and top notch products. If you're looking for an idiot proof oil cart, look no further than Dart! For a little bit more point and shoot (as Of put it) maybe not as 1st timer friendly, look into Omicron carts.

jpdnkstr,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Mike,

I've looked through your order and it all appears to have been shipped out reasonably. The shipping option you chose is not "3 day priority" it is simply "priority" which states that it will take between 3-5 business days. Being that your order was placed on the weekend it took until Tuesday to get to printing out the invoice and shipping label. Now your order is sent to production, this typically takes between 1-3 days depending on the order and what else is in line on the bench.

The automated e-mail you received from us was when we physically printed the order and shipping label, it was not when we sent it out for shipping.

Again, I'm very sorry for the confusion. Your package is out for delivery now, Go ahead and give it a try. If you feel like its not what you expected give me an e-mail at Tim@thermovape.com. I will make sure you get all taken care of.

Cheers,
Tim

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Wow, there's definitely a lot to look forward to! :D

A few weeks ago I picked up a pipes adapter and one of his thumb stonepads. Both of these vape toys are AWESOME!

My T1 is definitely gonna move up a couple of places in my rotation because of the pipes adapter. Using it has also helped me refine my technique without having to burn through batts!

The full face stonepad fits the tv handle like a glove and really does insulate your thumb from the heat.

Highly recommended! :tup:

Thanks UpUP, so glad you like them. Looks like I'm going to have to make some more StonePads up.
Made a new video now as well showing the ease of using them.

Pipes

Pipes,

2clicker

Observer
mike,

no company can provide smooth transaction every time. there are going to be some slip ups. and i can live with it from TV considering what they do for us.

if you want an oil cart that you can load .5g - .7g where the oil last for days or weeks, but the cart itself only lasts so long then take a look at Omicron carts. if you want a cart that will last forever, extremely durable and reliable, but have to load for each use then a Rev or Dart is what you want.

believe me ignoring the TV carts because of a shipping issue is a mistake.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have (had) the same problem. And when you do get some it's not very good.
Found the solution is:
herb + 99.9 ISO + coffee press + pyrex dish + some time + DART = :D

Pipes
Before you go running to the store for some ISO, you should do some research on QWISO as there is technique involved (Hint: "Q" is for "Quick").

:peace:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Before you go running to the store for some ISO, you should do some research on QWISO as there is technique involved (Hint: "Q" is for "Quick").

:peace:
Been thinking about trying the everclear or QWISO, just it's so easy to get the ISO by the gallon. I just get the pharmacy to order it for me and make sure I get the best 99.9%. My reason has actually changed for why I need it but the reason I use is still valid. "I need it for cleaning video heads and electronics, therefore must have no impurities". Works every time and they will order and call you when they get it, and cheapest.
Maybe 2C or Stu could guide as to where to get the QWISO or everclear? And the better post to chat about this in?

Pipes

Pipes,

2clicker

Observer
well i get the everclear here in St. Louis. its actually made just a couple miles away from my place so its readily available here. however, its not available everywhere.

everclear gives me a nice clean product that tastes great through my Dart and Rev.

OF

But why would I read through threads?

Because you've wrongly accused TV. You've claimed poor Customer Support of an outfit famous amongst those who have ongoing interests in the area that have had exactly the opposite experience.

You got an estimate of when it would get there. You failed to check on it's progress before going to the PO to claim it. Why was that? I normally don't got to the PO before they try to deliver it to the house and don't because they want a signature......which I don't recall TV doing? Why did you not check progress....that part makes no sense to me.

Your experience is far from unique, it happens too often and with other suppliers. People take computer estimates as more than they are. I believe when objectively looked it the problems were with the PO and the addressee. Nobody at TV decided to single you out for exceptional (bad) service. In fact, evidently just the opposite. If I'm not mistaken didn't they just refund your money, 'eating' the shipping costs and not charging any restocking fees?

So, as I suggested a bit ago, 'if you read.....' you'll find out how off base you might be. Your call, but to not do as suggested really suggests other motives to me. Sorry, that's how I see it. You're chopping but no chips are flying.

"When 3 men in a row tell you you're drunk, it's time to sit down"?

OF

mike111

Yes, it's a little longer, I haven't sat down to figure exactly how much (SV T1 is not a fixed time, as you know....). I'd say something like 5 to 10 seconds longer. My base 'Step 1' time is 20 seconds. The warm up draw (Step 2) might be longer too, meaning I might be crowding the Step 1 some?

Sorry you're not happy.

I think, however, you've maybe got a couple of mistaken assumptions going on? The first part of this ('they told me it shipped and it didn't') we've been trough a lot, here and elsewhere. The software that prints the labels sends you the notice. It assumes there is no delay in packaging and the truck is standing right there waiting I guess you'd say? If it showed in San Carlos, it was at that point in the shippers hands I believe.

I can't agree that "customer service is everything", important as it is in an ideal world you'd never know how good CS was since you'd get a perfectly designed and built product, right? This is not, IMO, bad CS anyway. This is a shipping time you misunderstood based on a computer notice you never checked up on before going down to pick it up. It's an unfortunate artifact of the modern web based world. If you look back over the hundreds of pages on this and other TV forums, even for a few minutes, you'll find story after story of extraordinarily good CS I believe. Way above and beyond.

I'm sorry you've written the product off, I sincerely believe it's your loss. FWIW I don't think you're going to scare off anyone lurking on this thread with your story.....if that was the goal.

And no, I'm sorry I've noting to recommend as an alternative. IMO it's the top of the heap right now for what it does. THC (now D9) has some interesting coming products that might work for you when the kinks are sorted out. Everything else seems to have problems for many, some of them with true bad CS to match. Good luck.

OF

fascinating response --- just to clarify "I think, however, you've maybe got a couple of mistaken assumptions going on? The first part of this ('they told me it shipped and it didn't') "

The Email was sent on the 10th telling me the item was shipped with a usps tracking number. Hope that's clear...
On the 11th usps tracking appeared claiming delivery friday the 14th .... --

-" If it showed in San Carlos, it was at that point in the shippers hands I believe."

On Friday the 14th late in the evening it showed a new delivery date the 17th and stated the package was in San Carlos. San Carlos is where the company is. Again the item is sent priority mail that means 3 days. Tell me when you think the package was sent knowing it was supposed to be here today. Please remember im not upset in the delay. Im simply pointing out that possibly they were not honest in when it was shipped and their response was not apologetic nor responsive to the issue.

Don't you think if you sent something priority mail as a business owner you would want that item to arrive in the time frame you paid for? Wouldn't you be concerned about your reflection based on the fault of the Post Office? I would. And Don't you think a response that is sensitive to the issue would have served them better?

Regarding your point about customer service Of course it's everything, hence "the customer is always right" Im not going to say much more about that I think people on this forum are smart enough to know the importance of great customer service. In fact as you can see others had problems with Thermovape as well... And customer service you bet matters when it comes to returns and warranty

Lastly you mention i may have a "goal" to "scare " people off -Maybe that part reflects you ----- sorry
I took the time to research a product I then ordered it and spent $54.00. I'm sorry but i'm simply telling you my experience. I'm not sure why you have been defensive but oh well. I can tell you that this has been a waste of time and now money as they want me to pay for shipping back to them. And I have been very appreciative to others that have posted here in the past. Our experiences are important---Again a simple apology or something would have made a big difference. Im glad you are happy with your products

Because you've wrongly accused TV. You've claimed poor Customer Support of an outfit famous amongst those who have ongoing interests in the area that have had exactly the opposite experience.

You got an estimate of when it would get there. You failed to check on it's progress before going to the PO to claim it. Why was that? I normally don't got to the PO before they try to deliver it to the house and don't because they want a signature......which I don't recall TV doing? Why did you not check progress....that part makes no sense to me.

Your experience is far from unique, it happens too often and with other suppliers. People take computer estimates as more than they are. I believe when objectively looked it the problems were with the PO and the addressee. Nobody at TV decided to single you out for exceptional (bad) service. In fact, evidently just the opposite. If I'm not mistaken didn't they just refund your money, 'eating' the shipping costs and not charging any restocking fees?

So, as I suggested a bit ago, 'if you read.....' you'll find out how off base you might be. Your call, but to not do as suggested really suggests other motives to me. Sorry, that's how I see it. You're chopping but no chips are flying.

"When 3 men in a row tell you you're drunk, it's time to sit down"?

OF
Another reply? lol you really must like this company --- again i asked why would i read threads because reading threads doesnt negate my experience you get that right? and i wrongly accused them of poor customer service? lol no i accurately stated the customer service was bad.

As stated before, I have had excellent customer service from Thermovape, and top notch products. If you're looking for an idiot proof oil cart, look no further than Dart! For a little bit more point and shoot (as Of put it) maybe not as 1st timer friendly, look into Omicron carts.
thanks actually Omicron carts only are supposed to last 3 times at most ---If anyone knows of another cart that's easy to fill etc please let me know thanks

mike,

no company can provide smooth transaction every time. there are going to be some slip ups. and i can live with it from TV considering what they do for us.

if you want an oil cart that you can load .5g - .7g where the oil last for days or weeks, but the cart itself only lasts so long then take a look at Omicron carts. if you want a cart that will last forever, extremely durable and reliable, but have to load for each use then a Rev or Dart is what you want.

believe me ignoring the TV carts because of a shipping issue is a mistake.
Oh no its not the shipping issue it was their response. It was concerning as, to me it was an indication of what would happen if in the future a warranty or refund were needed. All they had to do was address the issue in some way that was sensitive to the issue-it just seemed dishonest to tell us it was sent one day and really it wasn't sent until a week later but oh well

The omicarts are supposed to only last 3 times at most but they are very friendly people I went to their store and they were great but I cant see spending $10.00 per cart for 3 uses and filling the cart is not as easy. How much does he revolution hold at most?

mod note: 4 posts merged. Please use manual quote tags to quote multiple members.

mike111,

OF

Again a simple apology or something would have made a big difference. Im glad you are happy with your products

It seems to have got past you, you got an apology, right?

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, good Customer Service is not "everything" as you state, it does not make up for poor practices otherwise.

Another reply? lol you really must like this company --- again i asked why would i read threads because reading threads doesnt negate my experience you get that right?

Yes, I like TV and their products (amongst others), but that's not the point. IMO you're off base, which is why I suggested you do a little research. I'm surprised it didn't show up in your "research" before, it's pretty common. That's my point, it's the common experience by far. Yes, the readers of this Forum know that I think which is why you're not getting any traction here.

Please, once again, why is it you went to the PO without ever checking on the package's progress? How did you know it was there? When I go to the PO to pick such a package up, I have a 'yellow chit' from them showing they tried to deliver it.....

Since you asked 'why should I read' again, please let me give you the same answer.....because I think you're way off base here and most everyone reading 'your stuff' sees it that way?

BTW, serial posts are a no-no on this Forum, you're supposed to use the edit function to combine them. It's in the rules.

Good luck with your next vape attempt, I suggest next time you not take a shipping estimate as a confirmation of a delivery in the future. TV did nothing out of the ordinary here, 'it happens with everybody'.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Sinclue

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
Are we all tuckered out yet? I'm taking a vape.

BTW: I've had a delay in shipping from TV before. It's from the automatically generated shipping labels. Most people don't even notice that it took 2 days processing and 3 days transit to receive an order.... Trust me, TV ships as fast as possible and they are pretty good with it. I believe you have a complaint. But it's how you are attempting to resolve that upset that's shooting you in the foot... Ya' know?

Priority Mail®
Expected Delivery By:
August 11, 2012
Delivery Confirmation™

Fully Melted,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So I just did an interesting experiment. I took the T1 6v core off the T1 and threaded it onto my Persei top/SS sleeve using an adapter, with the 2 lifepo's in that, and used the glass top to cap it. It worked pretty good. I got several hits before the Persei started to get warm, so I stopped, and pulled the batteries. What this tells me is when the 3.7v T1 core gets here, I will be able to use it with a 18650 battery!! :D super cool!
The black spacer is just a bit of high temp silicone tubing (3/4") to hide the connection and insulate a bit.

gDHXi.jpg

OF

What this tells me is when the 3.7v T1 core gets here, I will be able to use it with a 18650 battery!! :D super cool!

Based on what I've seen with my LV T1, I agree. Yes, a good 18650 in an appropriate supply does a great job driving it.

A different sort of beast than the SV in some ways, very similar in others. More options.....

And yes, I too think that's way cool.

Enjoy!

When you first get the rev/dart and it's totally dry, I think you're supposed to load 0.2g.

After that initial load, the recommended amount is 0.05g-0.1g per load.

I think those are excellent guidelines, too little and the hits get thin and the chance of cooking the oil by pushing too hard goes up. Too much and the action gets slow, the taste 'muddy' and you run the risk of leaks.

After a good cleaning (like a boil out), I treat mine as 'new' and add about .2 grams to get things going, sometimes a bit less (expecting to run low 'almost any time'). Otherwise .05 grams gives me at least six of the biggest hits I can manage, typically a few more (say closer to ten?) before adding another bit. For sure that's going to vary a lot between individuals.

OF

Darb

Nothing beats powering a dart with a AW18650 for me!
Hoping Thermovape will have a power supply in the future that will use a 18650.

Darb,

OF

Nothing beats powering a dart with a AW18650 for me!
Hoping Thermovape will have a power supply in the future that will use a 18650.

I understand what you're saying, but I can't actually measure a difference in some of the several 18650 driven supplies I've tested and the 17670 driven TV "T1" supply. In those cases I can measure a difference, the TV wins every time. Nothing beats it for power output. The TV design simply has lower losses. Often by several tenths of a volt.

Regulated boost supplies can put out more power (sometimes) of course. And many can run longer (having higher capacity batteries), but I consider battery life secondary to power output in most cases. And I see VV supplies in a different class.

FWIW I usually run my DART on the 14500 driven Alpha supply (basically the same power out, but smaller physically, 1/3 the capacity) and even the little Ultra Lite with it's bitty 10440 (power does suffer some here but the tiny size is a big plus sometimes).

Longer battery life and more battery options would be improvements of course, for those reasons I would not bet against a 18650 TV supply in our future; but not for superior power output (that we have already).

OF

OF,
Top Bottom