Discontinued ThermoVape

KJV

Did the design of the heating element on the T1 change? I just received mine a couple of days ago. When I unscrewed the heating element I noticed it didnt have the white ceramic around the heating core. Just a brass colored cylinder with threads at the end.

KJV,

OF

Did the design of the heating element on the T1 change? I just received mine a couple of days ago. When I unscrewed the heating element I noticed it didnt have the white ceramic around the heating core. Just a brass colored cylinder with threads at the end.

Yes, that change happened a few months back, caught me by surprise too. As I understand it it transfers more heat to the preheat chamber (between the core and shell). It doesn't feel any warmer on the outside of the sleeve to me, and it works at least as well.

Not to worry, give it a go, I think you'll be very happy with it.

OF

OF,

KJV

Yes, that change happened a few months back, caught me by surprise too. As I understand it it transfers more heat to the preheat chamber (between the core and shell). It doesn't feel any warmer on the outside of the sleeve to me, and it works at least as well.

Not to worry, give it a go, I think you'll be very happy with it.

OF

Ah, Thanks OF. I was reading through the post trying to find something about it with no luck. It does seem to be a better design, allows air to flow around the heating core. Might prolong its life.

I do love the vape. Its my second portable, the first was a MFLB. Seem to get alot thicker draws out of the T1. Taste is excellent, quality is top notch. I seem to only get 4-5 good thick draws out of a 3/4 filled bowl, while others are getting more. I have been reading on the forums for a while and decided to sign up. Lot of great info here.

OF

Ah, Thanks OF. I was reading through the post trying to find something about it with no luck. It does seem to be a better design, allows air to flow around the heating core. Might prolong its life.

I do love the vape. Its my second portable, the first was a MFLB. Seem to get alot thicker draws out of the T1. Taste is excellent, quality is top notch. I seem to only get 4-5 good thick draws out of a 3/4 filled bowl, while others are getting more. I have been reading on the forums for a while and decided to sign up. Lot of great info here.

You're welcome.

I can imagine several advantages, I think it's a second or two slower getting to temperature (step 1), but it may get to working temperature in the bowl at step 2 a bit faster? If so, it's a very small change, easily lost in the other stuff going on.

Hard to say what a guy should expect in hit count, it depends so much on how hard you hit it when you get it rolling. One of the big advantages is you have 'all the heat in the world' stored in the core (well at least all you need) if you've done steps 1 and 2 right to draw on. MFLB, HA and the others I can think of off hand don't have this going for them in that you have to use the heat as it's developed or in cases like HA or Iolite you're limited to drawing air just barely hot enough for vaping. Not so here, within limits the harder you pull, the more heat you get. In that way it's more like combustion where your draw is feeding the fire.

One thing sure, most of what you put in the bowl comes rolling out the mouthpiece done right. Nothing is lost and little left behind.

By all means try a couple of things. I find a 5/8 SS screen on top of the load (it just fits inside the rim) keeps the vent holes at the top fairly clean. When the screen fouls I swap it out and wait until I have several then 'flame' them (heat them until they glow with a small torch type lighter) and clean them all at once. Keeps the machine rolling along just fine.

Also, I might dump the load into my palm after a hit or two and recrush it with my fingers, but after that I just unscrew the cap a turn or two to create a little room, hold hit horizontal, and roll it like a drum a few times to mix it (the screen helps this I think, breaks up the load).

Anyway, I agree, great inventions. Even though Evolution is easier to use (no stirring) I find the flavor and control with T1 better.

Good luck.

OF

I actually just emailed thermovape about that, my core to my t1 just stopped working (coil not firing), and one of the things i came across dissembling it was this:
scaled.php

And MORE importantly this is what my Teflon piece looks like :uhoh:
scaled.php

Needless to say thermovape support assured my there was no off-gassing of any kind, usually I would
question something like this but this vape compared to some other mentioned vapes where almost all of the unit could be off gassing, I'll definitely take thermovapes word for it. I suppose Teflon is very durable but every material has its limits....

JoeFinny,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Sometimes the older glass filled PTFE will distort from being threaded in and out. Its nothing to worry about, its plenty safe at these temperatures.

Who has the latest serial numbered T1?

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Well since I have NO serial number... I guess I win. I might be getting rid of my evo for a trade, but if I do that means no more batterys for the T1 AT ALL until the new style comes out and I can buy it.

I still have my power supply and that did me great on vacation, but its still not a portable lol.

I'll name my first born son Tim if you just release the damn 18650s :p

darkrom,

2clicker

Observer
are the T1 interfaces marked with serial #s? or just the base?

my base is in the 007200 range.

2clicker,

MacNcheesePLZ

HI-Temp Vaporist
My T1 has a serial. I'd also like to note that it does have that Teflon piece as well and doesn't seem to affect the function of the vape with or without it. I've had my T1 about 2 months.

MacNcheesePLZ,

2clicker

Observer
OK, so now that we have had almost 10 months since producing the T1 and it was such a success it was only a matter of time before we had to build something to compete solely with the it. We took all the input of our customers of what they liked and what they didn't and applied it directly to our next Generation of devices. Just like the T1 platform we made no compromises with the next, it will raise the standard of every portable vape in the market!

Here's a few things we took into account and improved on(or fixed entirely):
  • 500% better battery life (literally! probably more)
  • Device runs much cooler (as your holding it)
  • Much more efficient core design and more resistant to combustion
  • No more clogging
  • Cores are nearly indestructible (as if they weren't before ;) )
  • Extremely easy to operate (and even safer!!)
  • Still has 510 Comparability!!
This device is truly going to raise the par on ANY portable vaporizer, as-well as desktop units, this will in fact be the device that many replace their old desktop vapes with.
Don't you worry, there is more information to come in the coming weeks!
Cheers,
Tim

i wanted to post this in this forum since it pertains to the T1 more so than the Revs.

anyway, will the 2nd Gen interfaces and carts still be compatible with the 1st Gen bases? or is the 2nd Gen stuff a whole new animal?

im very happy i didnt cop a INH or Pax yet. i cannot wait to see a TV unit boasting those numbers! :rockon: the idea that the new stuff will replace desktop vapes has me very VERY intrigued.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm glad I got the pax, it's a fun little vape! I still love my T1, and can't wait to see what T2 has to offer, and I do hope that it is compatible with the T1 parts.

jambandphan03,

2clicker

Observer
I'm glad I got the pax, it's a fun little vape! I still love my T1, and can't wait to see what T2 has to offer.

i would have gotten one, but i need to keep my purchasing to a minimum at the moment. the pax and INH both look and sound fanstic, but if TVTim is right about his claims then it sounds like TV is back on top (for flowers... i think their oil products are still the best).

time will tell... its just so hard to wait. :D

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Sometimes the older glass filled PTFE will distort from being threaded in and out. Its nothing to worry about, its plenty safe at these temperatures.

Who has the latest serial numbered T1?

Cheers,

Tim

How many of us have no serial number at all (besides Darkroom and myself)?

And what do us pre-early adopters win? :cool:

Sinclue,
Reactions: OF

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I use mine so much I can hardly make out my serial number. LOL
Many battle wounds. JK, can make it out if really try. 3609
:nod: Well broken in....:nod:
Don't hear any bells going off here.
Pipes

Pipes,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
I'm pre serial # also... ordered it a few days after it came out, right around new year. :) Although I got jerked around on shipping by PIU though, and it took over 3 weeks to get to me. But yeah, I don't use my T1 much anymnore because my core needs a rebuild! I oughta do that soon.

Peloton,

Polmol

Do Tenergy's have an expiry date like normal batteries? If i have a couple of unused batts and don't use them for 4 years, will I still get 1000+ recharges when I finally start using them?

Polmol,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
I'm pre serial # also... ordered it a few days after it came out, right around new year. :) Although I got jerked around on shipping by PIU though, and it took over 3 weeks to get to me. But yeah, I don't use my T1 much anymnore because my core needs a rebuild! I oughta do that soon.

Just send it in with your information and we will send you a paypal request for the rebuild and to ship it back to you. 15$ for the T1 and Evo, and 10$ for the Rev/AVA's.

Try to just send your core in to save on shipping costs, but if you send the whole vape in we will go through it and make sure its up to par.

Oh also, who's interested in a higher efficiency T1 core for 6V?

Cheers,

Tim

OF

How many of us have no serial number at all (besides Darkroom and myself)?

And what do us pre-early adopters win? :cool:

My original unit has no S/N as well.

I think we win a place at the front of the line to buy the new version, right? Funny how you are so very happy with what you've got, and yet want to jump right on the 'new, improved' version? Some crossed wires in the gene pool most likely.....

OF

OF,

Bart

I got a 5500 and an 8800. Black and white. Had to have em both. It's those same defective genes that are gonna make me get two of the 18650 bases.
Can't wait for the new base. Got about 30 imr 18650s waiting to take a beating.

Bart,
Top Bottom