Discontinued ThermoVape

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Now that you mention it, I looked closer and it seems I have serial number T1.....

What do I win?

OF
I looked closer at mine, and it has the same "T1" in cryptic font. I think one of us has a forged knock-off.

:peace:

Stu,

OF

I looked closer at mine, and it has the same "T1" in cryptic font. I think one of us has a forged knock-off.

Hey, maybe we both do?

Fun bit is TV will also support the counterfeits. Should they ever have problems, of course, which on reflection makes it a pretty small risk really.....

OF

GOATPUSSY

Does anybody know if I can use a different wall plug with the thermovape power adapter? I ordered an adapter because I wanted to get in on the sale but the wall plugs were sold out... Kinda remember someone mentioning that the plug from the mflb will work...

GOATPUSSY,

hanfhead

is high
Does anybody know if I can use a different wall plug with the thermovape power adapter? I ordered an adapter because I wanted to get in on the sale but the wall plugs were sold out... Kinda remember someone mentioning that the plug from the mflb will work...

I think you remember someone saying you can use the ac adapter from the mflb on the tv battery charger. I am 99.9% sure you can't use it to power the device.

hanfhead,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
I think you remember someone saying you can use the ac adapter from the mflb on the tv battery charger. I am 99.9% sure you can't use it to power the device.

We are going to have AC adapters shipped to us this week thankfully. There are about 8 extras that aren't going into kits already, so if you want one i suggest you shoot sales@thermovape.com an email on the 15th to get in line.

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
Pick up a Hightimes Magazine Issue #442 at your local retailer and you'll find us over on page 88. We're pleased with the article and feel proud to be presented by Hightimes and the community.

Hat's off to Bobby Black for the informative article.

From everyone over at ThermoVape HQ,

Thank You!

2clicker

Observer
Pick up a Hightimes Magazine Issue #442 at your local retailer and you'll find us over on page 88. We're pleased with the article and feel proud to be presented by Hightimes and the community.

Hat's off to Bobby Black for the informative article.

From everyone over at ThermoVape HQ,

Thank You!

nice! congrats

2clicker,

OF

And IMO well you should be.

However, I noticed TV got second place? Behind Atmos RAW???

Pretty hard to take parts of it seriously after that.....kinda makes a guy wonder what they've been smoking as much as how.

Then again, maybe Atmos is sharper than we think? Maybe they sent the one unit that actually works well to High Times to check out? We've long guessed between the 'doesn't vape' and 'everything catches fire' levels there could be an ideal, right?

That aside I guess the only question I have is 'why only number two'?

OF

OF

OK, guys, breaking the rules a bit I'm doing another post right after the last. However, this is an entirely different topic and a very important one and think there will be a LOT of interest. Please indulge me?

So I just got back a bit ago from a second run over to TV to meet 'the boss' who outlined some truly exciting stuff coming up. Much of it Tim has been hinting at, some of it I'm not so sure I believe.....yet. I'm assured all will come out in due time, but I expect some really exciting prototypes to test in the next few weeks. Hope, hope, hope.....

Now one of the more modest (but IMO very cool) ones I've been OK'd to discuss: Low Voltage T1. I have one right here. It's four hits old. WOW!

Some months back I was given a series of LV cores to test, five in total I think. Mixed results and I found it harder to control than the SV version and offered no other advantages than using the 3.7 Volt battery rather than the two 3 Volt ones from T1. I assume the other testers found the same things, they seemed to know what I was reporting already. It had the same 'needs lots of power' problem T1 has so by the time you were pulling enough current from that poor 17670 to get it going well, battery life was no better and it was still a little slower to get going. Noting to get excited about, which is why I guess they didn't move forward with it.

Enter a different heater design. Much different, really. A single coil of much heavier and longer wire. And only one heater. It still has the same ceramic core in it, but the wire is now no longer touching it but 'free in space' inside the core. Air can now flow all around the coil, not just over the outside. And here comes the fun part, much lower in power!! Like half the power of T1 and yet it works just fine with modified technique.

First off, it warms up slower (like LV Revolution is slower than SV), maybe 5 or more so in step 1. I'm preheating 20 seconds by the clock right now, not my usual 15. After that a normal 'warm up pull' for step 2 to a good test puff. My first four real hits are really real. So much so, further testing has been put off for a while......

Here's the real fun bit. Based on 'back of the envelope' calculations we're talking about something on the order of half an hour of total heating time! Yes, I said half an hour (26 minutes to be exact). By the same calculation T1 is looking at six minutes. You do the math from there. Even if the hits take twice as long (I think it's more like seconds longer out of half minute hits) you still get twice as many. Rather than 10 or 12 hits to clear a bowl, I expect two or 3 dozen! Maybe more.

Time will tell if it's been cut back too far (my first four hits say that's not the case) but IMO it's gold right now. Tim will be putting them up as loose cores. Take your SV core out, screw this one in, swap the two RCR123As for a single 17670 and you're in business. Takes a lot of the wait for 18650 based supplies out of it IMO. And cheaper too.

I don't know if everyone is willing to wait a bit longer (not all that much IMO) for 2 or 3 times the hit count, but I am.

Another interesting thing I was told to look out for was 'blue smoke', the vapor is definitely more blue (rather than white) than I'm used to. I'm not sure what that's all about yet, but I'm told it's a good thing?

The bud I threw in was some I'd ground for MFLB so it's probably dryer and finer grind than most, perhaps not optimum. More experimenting is called for, but I think this one's a winner for sure. I'm not planning on giving it back, and that's for sure.

More when I have more to offer. But keep tuned for Tim putting up the LV T1 core (along with some other cool stuff) and be ready go jump on it is my advice right now.

OF

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Great initial review OF.
Answers a few questions for sure. Thicker and longer single element been the key point.
Forcing time to be the most important change. More element to heat and would work to help maintain the temp while inhaling. Is the ceramic the same size and only one? A little rattle would be normal I guess.
Sounds like a winner for sure.
Way to go TV.
Thank OF for the preview insight.

Pipes

Pipes,
Reactions: OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:clap: Exciting report OF!! So when can we expect to see cores go up for sale? are you still in the testing phase, or are they ready?

jambandphan03,

OF

Great initial review OF.
Answers a few questions for sure. Thicker and longer single element been the key point.
Forcing time to be the most important change. More element to heat and would work to help maintain the temp while inhaling. Is the ceramic the same size and only one? A little rattle would be normal I guess.
Sounds like a winner for sure.
Way to go TV.
Thank OF for the preview insight.

Pipes

Thanks very much, but they did all the hard part. I agree the change in configuration in the core makes it a whole different thing. The ceramic seems the same to me but doesn't rattle, I think it's maybe trapped in place when the bowl is pressed on? There's a fair bit of 'daylight' between the rod and the wire. For sure there's a lot more mass of (really) hot metal in there, I suspect that's where most of the energy is stored rather than the outer body?

However it's doing it, it seems to be doing a bang up job!

:clap: Exciting report OF!! So when can we expect to see cores go up for sale? are you still in the testing phase, or are they ready?

It's my understanding it's been released (that's why I get to talk about it). Tim gave me one off the secret projects shelf in the inner sanctum of the new shop so it's no doubt been reused a few times (it's off color as well....). But it's my understanding they were building more at the time for customers, and planned to put at least some of the list up on the web very soon. Like today or tomorrow soon, hopefully?

Other stuff besides T1 upgrades in there, too.

By way of teasers, I'm told there's another new T1 core to come as well, Tim just didn't have any of them built up for me to try (not that I'm in any condition to be objective there at the moment.....). It too sounds to me like it will fill a 'special needs' niche like the proverbial big dog.

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
By way of teasers, I'm told there's another new T1 core to come as well, Tim just didn't have any of them built up for me to try (not that I'm in any condition to be objective there at the moment.....). It too sounds to me like it will fill a 'special needs' niche like the proverbial big dog.

OF
208flug.jpg

Stu,

AdmiralAlpacha

I read A LOT of the thread but cant seem to find it now. But if someone could clear it up for me.

Is there a whole new upgraded t1 coming, or is thermovape releasing several upgrade parts?

regardless I am excited

Also: I notice the webstore is basically empty, is that just because of the move?

AdmiralAlpacha,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
right now, it looks to be more efficient cores that will work with the T1 body, from what I've been able to piece together.

jambandphan03,

OF

Is there a whole new upgraded t1 coming, or is thermovape releasing several upgrade parts?

I notice the webstore is basically empty, is that just because of the move?

I think the answer to the first question is "yes". In fact, yes to each, it's not an or deal. There are definitely some upgrade parts coming (I have one right here.....) and Tim has hinted there's a major hardware change in process as well (I've no idea what's involved there, but know it's happening and it's big time).

If I were a betting guy I'd be thinking the answer to the second question might be 'maybe it's being updated to offer the new stuff'???

right now, it looks to be more efficient cores that will work with the T1 body, from what I've been able to piece together.

Yes, I'm running the new core on my old T1 body and core assembly and cap. I just unscrewed the SV core (using the rubber band trick) and changed the battery. Everything else is as before.

OF

OF,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Dont see anything new on their Website yet...

And what is this blue smoke? WWWWH????

Kuroth1,

OF

Dont see anything new on their Website yet...

And what is this blue smoke? WWWWH????

I'm confident it's coming. I was given the OK to discuss this coming offering, it's part of a list that was outlined to me but was still being refined yesterday afternoon. I only brought this one up because it's a 'for sure' member on the list. My assumption is they're working on the final list, the text, photos and other stuff needed to 'put it up'. Tim and Noah would not have gone to this much trouble just to make me look foolish, that can be done with basically no effort at all in fact you know.

I'm not at all sure what's up with this 'blue smoke' thing. Several of 'the guys' there told me to look for it with a knowing grin. FWIW I think I see it? Not sure what it means. What I did gather is it's a sign of a more selective extraction. Water, waxes and other stuff makes white, the THC is blue? Hopefully someone who knows will make us wise?

One thing sure, it doesn't hit like the normal T1. IMO it's going to call for a rework on technique to get the most out of it. Heat is slower to build, step 2 harder to control. I'm sure it can be mastered easily with some practice.......I'm willing to make that sacrifice in your behalf....

Just for the fun of watching you good folks' reactions, one of the kits being proposed (which I'm also confident will happen) is the bare T1 core (perhaps several versions?) coupled with the Revolution interface and the glass mouthpiece. It makes for a 'Star Wars Light Saber' vape, all glass vapor path, fun appearance but no insulation. A definite burn hazard but IMO a very interesting little rig. Fun.

OF

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I'm not at all sure what's up with this 'blue smoke' thing. Several of 'the guys' there told me to look for it with a knowing grin. FWIW I think I see it? Not sure what it means.
OF
I think if you keep looking and concentrate hard enough, in about 4 bowls, the smoke turns blue. It's a sign to stop as the pink elephants follow fairly closely.
:D

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
Ok everyone.... Here it is!!!!

What we have done is taken all the things we have learned from prototyping (like OF trying the multiple T1-LV cores) and things we have learned from you (removing the Evo insulator and use just a UFO mouthpiece) and put them together in packages to help you pickup some extra chargers and batteries.

Ill give you a little rundown on whats new, First the T1-LV core. Its a single core design and is VERY efficient
  • Low Voltage (Center Coil) T1
  • High efficiency T1 (6v) core.... yes, this is a triple core design!
  • New Evo-LV (center Coil)
  • New EVO-HP (built the same as a T1, 30 watts)
There is also a couple kits that you might take a liking to.

*make sure you open each product for pricing, the price it says in the collection may not be the correct one.*

You can take a look at all our new "Mod Box" kits HERE
Cheers,
Tim

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Very cool Tim.
So the new design is triple core for 6 volt and single core for 3.7 volt devices?
Also, stating 30 watt for the HP devices. Is that number for heat comparison of old model or is it in fact 30 watts?
Is the triple core what is termed T2?
And finially, any information on what the actual load or current draw is for the new units?
Too many questions....
Thanks Tim,

Pipes

Top Bottom