Discontinued ThermoVape

Okay cool, thanks for the code dreamerr. Before I decide to get it though would someone be so kind as to explain the difference?

VapingLobster,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Try doing a search for the comparassion. I don't have them so I can only tell you what I remember reading. Power - T1, bowl size T1, battery lasts longer evo. There is a whole list pages back but I don't know how far.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

darkrom

Great Scott!
IMO T1 > Evo by quite a bit unless you have a miniscule tolerance, or plan on slopping hash in it.

darkrom,

karazi

I've not experienced the T1, only the Evo, and I find it gets me where I want to be with half a load. I will vape once per day, more on the weekends, so my tolerance may not be as high as some others (wouldn't call it miniscule, but I don't have big sessions regularly). All in all the Evo suits me quite well. I recharge batteries after every bowl. If I were a heavier toker I would probably prefer the T1.

karazi,
I have read a lot of the thread and I had decided on buying a T1 once I had the money, originally I had thought I would need to wait until around winter to have the money. Then I saw the T1 was on sale on Amazon for 120$!!! Too bad I still didn't have the cash for that...anyway long story short I had the cash this week but when I looked on Amazon the T1 for that price was gone and now replaced by the much more expensive 280$, nearly 100$ more than Thermovapes website.

So in light of this I think I may get a Thermovape Evolution(155$) from the Thermovape website since that's about halfway between the 120$ and 200$(T1). I have been trying my best to learn the difference between the two but haven't been very successful...would any of you be willing to explain the difference to me? It just seems odd that with minimal difference even on their website that the Evolution, which I assume by the name came out after the T1, would be cheaper given the newer tech.

Thanks in advance!

I prefer the T1 to the Evo, so much so that my Evo barely even gets used. IMO, the main differences are:
  • I get better hits/clouds from the T1. I think it's because of the larger bowl, although I've never measured how much more I load into the T1.
  • Personally, I like the look of the T1 over the Evo, but that's a purely superficial preference.
  • When I do use my Evo, I remove the insulating sleeve and connect an extended length tru-flow ufo mouthpiece. If you haven't had the chance to read it, check out the TV Evolution thread; that's where I learned this technique. The discussion starts at post #2535 in that thread.
    • This technique definitely makes a difference for me when it comes to the performance of the Evo. However, w/o the sleeve the scorching hot heating core is exposed; you just need to be careful so you don't burn yourself.
    • Since the mouthpiece is connected directly to the Evo heating core, this technique also decreases the amount you can load.
  • I recently got a cloud+hydracirc and tried out my T1+black delrin glass adapter on the hydracirc. It was awesome! Definitely kicked up the T1 a couple of notches in my book.
  • One thing that the Evo has going for it is that you don't need to stir the load, but honestly "stirring" the bowl of the T1 isn't that much of a hassle.
  • Another thing that the Evo offers is a LV version; there is no LV version of the T1. For me, the significance of this difference is that the LV set-up uses only a single batt. Carrying 2 backup 17670's beats carrying 4 backup RCR123A's, imo.
Hope that helps! Best of luck with your decision! :tup:

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
We're at it again! This time it's just a short one; sale ends Sept 8th at midnight.
Take 25% off your next ThermoVape order by using code: LABORDAY
While you're at it, make sure you check out our Alpha Ultra and the recently added Apex Custom Carrying case! *Only available with a kit for $25 more*

Also remember we still have blowout Tenergy pricing, our RCR123 cells are less than $3 each with the discount!!

Have a safe and relaxing holiday!

Cheers,
Tim

SameOldTim,
Ordered my AC adapter and glass mouthpiece a week ago. The other 5 or so times I received items from an order I usually got my stuff within a few days. For some reason I don't even think my order has been shipped out yet this time. >.<.

Futuretvowner,

MacNcheesePLZ

HI-Temp Vaporist
Mine hasn't shipped either. They are having problems sourcing the wall adapters which they told me by email and shipped the rest of my items no problem. I got some good use out of my T1 this weekend even after getting completely soaked in the rain for one awesome fireworks show. Gotta love the durability of this vape :cool:

MacNcheesePLZ,
Mine hasn't shipped either. They are having problems sourcing the wall adapters which they told me by email and shipped the rest of my items no problem. I got some good use out of my T1 this weekend even after getting completely soaked in the rain for one awesome fireworks show. Gotta love the durability of this vape :cool:
Yeah I mean the AC adapter was out of stock on there website for a while and I finally ordered it when I saw that they were accepting orders assuming that they had them in stock. I haven't received an email or anything saying that they still haven't received the AC adapters yet. I'm still checking my mail daily because I'm not sure if it is on its way or not. I know that I definitely would not have ordered it had I known they didn't have them in stock right now, I would have waited until the new 18650 device was available.

It's confusing because I received a shipping confirmation order saying that "all of the items from order #..... have now been shipped." But when I go to the usps tracking it just says "electronic shipping info received." So I'm wondering if the email is correct and it has been sent out or if that is just an automated message and my stuff hasn't been sent out yet.

Futuretvowner,

Trever

Yeah... Im in the same boat ordered 2 darts a t1 set and an atomizer almost 2 weeks ago...... Lots of money to not see anything yet grrrr loving my current t1 though..

Trever,

ugobo

I'm glad to report that the T1 has passed the test as a cinema theater stealth vape. I used the black T1 with extented mouthpiece.

I used it in more than 45 sessions in the last week at the Montreal World Film Festival. I had to spot the most strategic isolated seats and try different "poses" or positions i should say to make it more natural in case i was in sight. I vaped only when i felt there would be dark scenes in the movie to be more anonymous. I also made sure i did'nt inhale too much to not create visible clouds. It's shape make it easy to fool anyone looking at you (instead of looking at the movie).

I was at 59 seances and the only time i did'nt use the T1 was because someone was seated beside me or was too "shy" or "unsecure" to take action. What i can say from my experience is that if you take care of not making too much big clouds,it's possible to vaporize in a cinema as i don't think it release any suspect smell in that environement. The smell of one's perfume or the other's tacos feast are more harmful i think!

I also had the MFLB with me and did'nt find it as stealthy as the T1 for this application. For one,the "pose" to take a hit look a lot less natural when using the MFLB. One may looks "weird" if in sight. Plus,the MFLB has a reflective cover hood wich can reflect some unwanted light from the cinema screen! And also have an orange light...

I had i really great time this year at the MWFF with my T1! Never felt a discomfort with my bad back and saved a lot of time compared to the joints i had to smoke and every bad things that goes with it from the years before! No bad breath! No bad smell on my clothes,face and hands. Wow! Thinking of it now,i suffered a lot in the past years smoking joints before film seances at festivals. Those years are gone for good now.

Yeah I mean the AC adapter was out of stock on there website for a while and I finally ordered it when I saw that they were accepting orders assuming that they had them in stock. I haven't received an email or anything saying that they still haven't received the AC adapters yet. I'm still checking my mail daily because I'm not sure if it is on its way or not. I know that I definitely would not have ordered it had I known they didn't have them in stock right now, I would have waited until the new 18650 device was available.

It's confusing because I received a shipping confirmation order saying that "all of the items from order #..... have now been shipped." But when I go to the usps tracking it just says "electronic shipping info received." So I'm wondering if the email is correct and it has been sent out or if that is just an automated message and my stuff hasn't been sent out yet.

I had a similar issue with the shipping confirmation for an order that included the AC Power Supply Kit.

When I asked tv customer service about it, they said,

"You received tracking confirmation as we close orders to generate the label and get your order out on the floor to process."

It seems like the email is auto-generated so I would contact them directly if you have any questions. They're very prompt and helpful with their replies.

They were able to immediately ship out the items that they had in stock. I was also able to get a refund on the Power Supply so I got a Pipes adapter instead!

PB88123

Vaporist
For those looking to pick up some extra batteries.

http://thermovape.com/products/tenergy_charger_batteries

Drop down menu has 6 Tenergy RCR123A batteries for $13.09.

I ordered 2 of those (12 batteries total) and including shipping it comes out to $2.20 a battery (coupon code LABORDAY). Amazon has 10 batteries + shipping for $3.17 a battery so it's a good time to buy some before they are all sold out.

PB88123,
Well they really shit the bed, they haven't had the AC adapters in stock in months now and from the sound of the email I received it doesn't sound like they will be receiving them anytime soon or that at this point it is even a priority. I just don't understand why they changed the AC adapter on the website from unavailable to order to available to order last week if they don't have any in stock :shrug:

Futuretvowner,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Well they really shit the bed, they haven't had the AC adapters in stock in months now and from the sound of the email I received it doesn't sound like they will be receiving them anytime soon or that at this point it is even a priority. I just don't understand why they changed the AC adapter on the website from unavailable to order to available to order last week if they don't have any in stock :shrug:

I've ordered 2 shift 0knobs lately, both were available to order. Both of them contacted me 2-3 days later saying they were out of stock. It happens. Its one of the downsides to doing any business online, you can't physically hold the inventory.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
For those looking to pick up some extra batteries.

http://thermovape.com/products/tenergy_charger_batteries

Drop down menu has 6 Tenergy RCR123A batteries for $13.09.

I ordered 2 of those (12 batteries total) and including shipping it comes out to $2.20 a battery (coupon code LABORDAY). Amazon has 10 batteries + shipping for $3.17 a battery so it's a good time to buy some before they are all sold out.

Really good deal. I made it through the order process about 75% then decided I'm going to tough it out and hold out for the 18650s. I've got the power supply to hold me if I travel, but really I'm kinda just living without a portable until they drop the new ones. Personal preference.

OF

I just don't understand why they changed the AC adapter on the website from unavailable to order to available to order last week if they don't have any in stock :shrug:

Having been involved in such things, my guess would be a problem with a promised shipment to them. We are an anxious lot, and demand the 'right' to get on the list as early as possible. For sure having to deal with 'sorry, but we can't provide that after all' is an issue they want to avoid if possible as well, they would not have opened orders without good reason.

Hopefully it will clear up in due time, I'm sure they want stock same as I'm sure they're trying to find a suitable LV supply. Neither is easy before you put the 'made in USA' conditions on it. The SV unit they have is no doubt a "single source" deal, never a good thing.

At least this looks like an excellent time to buy some batteries from them at the best price ever.......

OF

OF

Can anyone give us some estimates on what the 18650s will run like compared to the current batts?

Same output power. The 17670 is 1600 mAh so same run time if you use IMR 1500 mAh to 25% longer if you use 2000s. Up to twice the time if you use protected Li-ion, although there may be some power drop.

OF

OF,

Warmen

Alright guys, first post here. I've had the T1 for nearly 2 months now, and depending on the quality of the herb, it's usually excellent. I do feel like I still haven't got the technique 100% down yet (i've read through this entire thread atleast once). Are there any videos out there that show a 'perfect' technique for using the T1? I also have a friend with one, who also feels they're not quite getting everything they could from the vape.

OF

Alright guys, first post here.

Are there any videos out there that show a 'perfect' technique for using the T1?

Howdy, glad you like your T1, I think it's a good 'un for sure.

I know of no such video (or instructions) for ideal operation, nor do I think there can be for such a device since there are so many variables involved. Between the herb, grind and operator there's plenty even before battery condition and other factors enter into it. I think guidelines and personal experimentation are the best we can get. Mind you the learning and sorting out the fine points can be fun in and of itself.

I believe strongly in the idea of 3 distinct steps. I think most guys get into trouble rushing step 1 or 2. They either don't build enough heat in the core before drawing (so fight dropping core temperature) or cut step 2 too fine (therefore have lower temperature regions in the bowl to rob energy when the actual hit comes). The secret here is Tim's "test puff". It's the key. You need the experience so you'll know before hand that you'll get a good test puff. When you've mastered it to that point (where experience tells you you've done step 1 and 2 'just right') you're home free I think. Can't shoot that in a video you know.

So that's my advice. Run step 1 over long at first (won't hurt). Likewise don't be shy with preheating in step 2. Keep the draw up until you have very solid production going on (via test puff), then exhale what you have before enjoying the hit. Then follow your successes to your own 'perfect technique'.....just don't expect it to exactly match the next guys.

One thing I find personally an advantage is to lay a fine mesh 5/8 inch SS screen on top of the load inside the rim of the bowl. This keeps the holes cleaner and drawing free. It also makes it easier to stir between hits, I just loosen the cap some, hold it horizontal and roll the whole device like a washing machine. The screen helps here by breaking up the load. Easy to stand it up after a few turns and tighten the cap back up having never actually opened it.

"Take it out and play with it". Even the mistakes can be pretty good.

Good luck.

OF

Top Bottom