Discontinued ThermoVape

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
darkrom said:
Can anyone comment on the level of throat irritation reduced by using the longer mouthpiece? I may end up ordering a whip of sorts to use with it to extend the air path even more for when stealth isn't as important as portability. I really love this vape but while whatever throat condition is going on (not cause by vaping IMO but its DEFINITELY aggravating it) I am trying not to vape at all, and when I absolutely must I'm forced to use my Underdog so I can use the Aqua Vape. Even with the AV I still get irritation right now :(

Have you recently switched to a new strain Darkrom? I have the throat irritation issue sometimes with certain Diesel strains. Hope you get it sorted out. I would also like to know how people are liking the extended mouthpiece?

Gonzo,

towelieeeee

secret stoner
Personally I only used the shortie mouth piece for about a day and a half... Found that my lips were getting rather uncomfortably hot at times! And that it seemed harsher (though that could just be symptomatic of me having a bit too much fun with my new toy ;). Longer mouthpiece *feels* like it lets me pull a bit harder -- upside, generates a bit more heat (due to the convection?) , downside, pulls more crud into the topcap holes (and this is with very dry bud, btw).

But I feel I have more surface area to "adjust" with the longer mouthpiece, if that makes any sense...

You guys and your water are making me jealous. Too much heatscore for me, sadly... *love* how small the T1 is. Just throw it in a bag and forget about it. :D

towelieeeee,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
darkrom said:
Can anyone comment on the level of throat irritation reduced by using the longer mouthpiece? I may end up ordering a whip of sorts to use with it to extend the air path even more for when stealth isn't as important as portability. I really love this vape but while whatever throat condition is going on (not cause by vaping IMO but its DEFINITELY aggravating it) I am trying not to vape at all, and when I absolutely must I'm forced to use my Underdog so I can use the Aqua Vape. Even with the AV I still get irritation right now :(

The concentrated hot vapour stream is probably causing your throat irritation. That's what happens to some people who use the MFLB with a stem. The remedy is to break up the incoming vapour stream with the tip of the tongue. I don't know if that works for the TV but you could give it a shot.

pakalolo,

darkrom

Great Scott!
pakalolo said:
darkrom said:

The concentrated hot vapour stream is probably causing your throat irritation. That's what happens to some people who use the MFLB with a stem. The remedy is to break up the incoming vapour stream with the tip of the tongue. I don't know if that works for the TV but you could give it a shot.

Thanks I'll try that next time I use it. I had to do that with my MFLB for sure. Even with the long stem the MFLB really irritated my throat far more than this TV has been, but there is always room for improvement.

darkrom,

NewSchoolExplorer

darkrom said:
I start off with a BB size break by hand (any grind with my space case is pretty fine) but then how do you break it up to get a few more hits out of it?

Like I said loving it, but I need to order lots more batteries.

I take the bowl out and rub the slightly vaped material in between my thumb n pointer and it breaks it up into smaller pieces which I reload and slightly tamper the bowl. (You can only do this a few times with noticeably smaller hits each time)

Anyone found the cheapest place to get the batteries from?

Btw thanks for everyone's feed back but it seems like they both are lighting up now so I am happy.

I vape about 2-3 bowls at a time and notice my device gets quite warm and i take a break because of the heat. Also yes it take some time before the unit get to the optimal temperature to get consistent hits. I would love to see someone recording a TV sesh from start to finish showing the time it take YOU to get vapor.

Thanks a lot everyone, I really enjoy the caliber of knowledge and diction used in these forums, truly distinguishes us from the lazy uneducated stoner stereotype. Hope everyone is having a great Friday :D

PB88123 said:
I also like using the long mouth piece and bite down on the groove in it.

Thanks for the tip, tried it out last night and it was much more comfortable this way.

I usually quick clean with a q-tip n Alcohol and havent yet detail cleaned it.

@darkrom: I usually hit my TV on the go and so I do not carry my grinder, kif box, and all the other stuff, just the bare necessities. I suggest break the bud up into slightly bigger pieces and as it gets dryer from vaping I open the bowl, rub the bud and its become smaller and repack w/ a slight press so its a patty=like.

NewSchoolExplorer,

ReapsTwo

NewSchoolExplorer said:
I would love to see someone recording a TV sesh from start to finish showing the time it take YOU to get vapor.

Thanks a lot everyone, I really enjoy the caliber of knowledge and diction used in these forums, truly distinguishes us from the lazy uneducated stoner stereotype. Hope everyone is having a great Friday :D

I agree with both.

You guys are knowledgeable and super helpful. I wouldn't get to use my TV1 at it's full potential if I hadn't read through this thread. Glad to be a member here :)

ReapsTwo,

BossBrew

Metalhead
Decided to use 3 drops of PureGold today on a fresh bowl of Cherry Pie Kush and it was a great choice. After the first hit the PG absorbed into the herb. Taste was fantastic as always.

After 2 bowls I was pretty medicated. I'll be doing this again for sure. Great way to enhance your session! :ko:

BossBrew,
Peloton said:
My ThermoVape goes everywhere with me. Technique seems effortless now, "It's like riding a bike". Easy to pull stealthy yet tasty hits when I need to, or blow lung busting clouds of delicious vapor when all bets are off. Those who are willing to learn the techniques that work for them will be rewarded greatly.

Care to elaborate for those unwilling to search 80+ pages of posts? And your post should be stickied somewhere by someone. The makers of thermovape did not explain exactly how first time vapers shoud use the product. They need to post a set of detailed directions on their website or youtube.

raptor2056,
The "quick guide" with the product states to turn the switch on for 5-10 seconds. I have yet to see any mist from this much heating. I believe it might be a heating core issue and an RMA is on its way. Until then, I'm trying to find detailed directions on the best way to use this device.

raptor2056,

OF

raptor2056 said:
The "quick guide" with the product states to turn the switch on for 5-10 seconds. I have yet to see any mist from this much heating. I believe it might be a heating core issue and an RMA is on its way. Until then, I'm trying to find detailed directions on the best way to use this device.

I'll bet everything is just fine, you just need to understand it. FYI the last thing that happened before it went in the box is a guy lit it up and checked that very heating core.....

Try post #1936 from Feb. 4.

Good luck

OF

OF,
Looking into the unit yesterday, only one coil lit up red but today I can see two distinctive coils turn on. I think I just got a defective one.

raptor2056,

OF

raptor2056 said:
Looking into the unit yesterday, only one coil lit up red but today I can see two distinctive coils turn on. I think I just got a defective one.

Think what you wish, but I can assure you the broken coil didn't fix itself over night. If they both light up today, that's all you can expect them to do. The rest is up to you I believe.

If it gets hot, and you put good herb in it, and you use good technique it's really hard to see how it can fail to produce.

OF

OF,

ReapsTwo

ThermoVape Just released a $175 kit to turn the revolution into a T1.

I like the look without the delrin top. This thing will keep with the sleekness of the Revolution.

DSC_0098.jpg

[Source]

ReapsTwo,
Yeah I know it sounds weird, maybe it was a battery issue? Anyways, great customer support and they are going to RMA the core anyways. Now what's the easiest way to unscrew this heater core? It seems to be on there very tightly and my hands slip off of it when twisting

raptor2056,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
raptor, I use grip gloves, OF uses a rubber band wrapped around the bowl I believe, but whatever you do, jar opener whatever, get some kinda grippy material, that will help protect you as well, between your skin and the metal.

t-dub,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
raptor2056 said:
Yeah I know it sounds weird, maybe it was a battery issue? Anyways, great customer support and they are going to RMA the core anyways. Now what's the easiest way to unscrew this heater core? It seems to be on there very tightly and my hands slip off of it when twisting
Take a large rubber band and wrap it as many times around the top of the bowl portion as you can. Then use the rubber as a grip to twist it off.

:2c:

Stu,

OF

raptor2056 said:

Nope. Same battery, switch and connections drive both coils. I'm still betting everything is just fine. Both sides lighting, it just doesn't get better than that.

Others have posted my technique for removing the core (wide rubber band).

Good luck.

OF

OF,

PB88123

Vaporist
NewSchoolExplorer said:
Anyone found the cheapest place to get the batteries from?

Search "RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh LiFePO4" at google.com and make sure you buy the green batteries.

NewSchoolExplorer said:
I would love to see someone recording a TV sesh from start to finish showing the time it take YOU to get vapor.

Here is a video I just took.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGRkVt3doj4

No sound and 60F inside. :03-:14 is the warm up time and :14 - :50 was my first inhale. You can skip ahead to :50 to see the exhale of my first hit. Then you can skip ahead to 1:35 to see the 2nd to 7th hits. Note from 1:17 - 2:16 the TV was on the whole time.

There are 80 pages with lots of good information in here. I copied most of the posts by ThermoVape into a google docs here.

PB88123,

NewSchoolExplorer

I suggest a good night sesh with the Thermovape. Hit your first bowl like you normally would. As the unit is still warm quickly pack another, preferably dry herbs, and than do a 10-20 second preheat (depending on plant matter and humidity) and try taking the biggest hit you can. It has me more medicated than my usual vaping sessions which consist of 3 bowls of top shelf over a longer time frame versus the quick hit method. (Today has been a pretty productive day deserving a different style of seshin :ko: ...which I just got checked off on the things to do list :brow:)

Wow PB88123 thanks for the post :D
I haven't tried flipping the bowl upside down to stir, does your herb go all over the place when closed and flipped? (Or are you a BAMF who doesn't care? lol)

NewSchoolExplorer,

PB88123

Vaporist
NewSchoolExplorer said:
Wow PB88123 thanks for the post :D
I haven't tried flipping the bowl upside down to stir, does your herb go all over the place when closed and flipped? (Or are you a BAMF who doesn't care? lol)

Right after I take a hit I will flip it and unscrew it. Everything will fall into the top cap (usually in a ball) so you can break it up. I then screw it back on a little and shake it. After the 3rd hit I know it isn't sticking together so I can just unscrew a little and shake it.

After using mine for 42 days I have it down pretty good. This is my only vape right now so it has gotten tons of use everyday I've owned it.

PB88123,
Top Bottom