Discontinued ThermoVape

mongrel

PsychicMedium said:
Wonderful advice and info here! Thank you. :)

I wish I could have grown to enjoy my Thermovape but I have no tolerance for the batteries and regardless of the learning curve, the performance is disappointing and combustion is still an option. Unlike the Rock Zap which conserves, gives great clouds, offers good healing affects and never combusts.

I REALLY wanted to love this product, I really did, but for me it requires too much high maintenance for too little a high affect. JMHO by experience.

got your number i reckon pm, i think in the weird world of pain... both physical and psychological, hanging off a joint is a pretty fast easy alternative to swapping out batteries and reloading. i currently have a painful mouth abscess and the thermovap[e can't keep ahead of the discomfort.
i appreciate the thermovape but it like most things (except me :cool:) has it's limitations. to some, the thermovape will fit into its target niche nicely because it will be what some are seeking. to others it will present as an overpriced toy *blush*.
i think it's really good to have such a plentiful choice of vapes to pick and choose from in these high times.
mongrel

mongrel,

pecosthecat

From a cold start I usually go with a 10 second warm up which I find sufficient. It also depends on the dryness of the herb your are trying to vape.

Stu said:
I've noticed that the temperature of the unit itself has quite an impact on performance.

From a cold start (meaning TV hasn't been used and is at room temp) the first bowl is dificult to get good vapor. The 3rd and 4th hits seem to give the best hits for me, but the first few rips are not very satisfactory at times. However I have noticed that if the unit is already pretty warm all over - like say after a bowl was just finished - then fresh bowls give much better results right from the very beginning. I really like the first hit off of a fresh bowl that has been "pre-heated" as compared to the first session off of a cold start.

I now use an extra set of batteries for a "cold start" session. Use 2 batts to warm the sucker up, then swap them out and load the fresh herb. The first set of batteries charge back up pretty quickly, so it doesn't fuck up my rotation at all.

The difference is quite noticable.

:2c:

pecosthecat,

PB88123

Vaporist
I decided to put some tubing around the long mouth piece and started hitting it out of my bong while at home. I couldn't feel a thing while hitting it and out comes this big cloud. It is nice not burning your lips on those long hits and I should have done this weeks ago.

PB88123,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Stu said:
I've noticed that the temperature of the unit itself has quite an impact on performance.

From a cold start (meaning TV hasn't been used and is at room temp) the first bowl is dificult to get good vapor. The 3rd and 4th hits seem to give the best hits for me, but the first few rips are not very satisfactory at times. However I have noticed that if the unit is already pretty warm all over - like say after a bowl was just finished - then fresh bowls give much better results right from the very beginning. I really like the first hit off of a fresh bowl that has been "pre-heated" as compared to the first session off of a cold start.

I now use an extra set of batteries for a "cold start" session. Use 2 batts to warm the sucker up, then swap them out and load the fresh herb. The first set of batteries charge back up pretty quickly, so it doesn't fuck up my rotation at all.

The difference is quite noticable.

:2c:

Tru dat!! Great technique Stu!! It worked astonishingly well when I just tried this...:)

Bluntcrush,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Just an update for you all, the new heater core is going marvelously still.
I too noticed that a "cold start" is hard to get good inhales off first couple draws. That's a great idea Stu, about warming it up. Worth a shot, I've just been giving it a 8sec+ preheat time for my first cold hit, but this can sometimes lead to a bit of scorching. Oh how I love learning the nuances of this.

So, how full is everyone loading their bowls? Initially I was loading about 1/2 full, but I'm finding about 3/4 full seems to be working out well for me. Gives me those uber-dense hits I'm (usually) after, but I'm still able to mix it up without taking the cap off. What about you guys?

Peloton,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I usually dump the load into my hand , mix it around a little and dump it back in. It aerates it a little and gives me more flavor in the later hits...This works in the MFLB too (but with a finer grind) .

Cheers to you!

Bluntcrush,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
In thinking about my theory of hitting a pre-warmed TV, I had considered using a coffee cup warmer instead of wasting fresh batteries to pre-heat the TV. As I was poking around my garage looking for an old coffee cup warmer, I had a better idea....

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you my custom TV warming unit! :cool:
tvwarmer.jpg

I can tell you that by keeping the unit on the PD between hits, the unit maintains is retained heat much better and provides instant hits without a prolonged warmup for each hit.

:peace:

Stu,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
Could someone quickly explain what the procedure is for boiling the thermocore? Im comfortable with taking apart the unit to what I believe are its bare components but i'm unsure if the thermocore detaches from the bowl. Im a little apprehensive to boil something that i spent a lot of money on but I want to keep up with the proper maintenance. If I don't want to boil it has anyone tried an iso soak of the thermocore? Or would I have to worry about some sort of leaching or structural damage.

Thanks!

Edit: Also, do you think running a battery without a bowl packed would help to clear out particulates that got inside the core? Like a cleaning cycle on an oven.

PhishCactus,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Peloton said:
So, how full is everyone loading their bowls? Initially I was loading about 1/2 full, but I'm finding about 3/4 full seems to be working out well for me. Gives me those uber-dense hits I'm (usually) after, but I'm still able to mix it up without taking the cap off. What about you guys?

That's the ticket. The only thing that seems to help me get more clouds is, I use the Revolution mouthpiece. It sort of encourages taking bigger pulls, and bigger clouds seem to come out. Or it can all be in my brain....hmmm

sessnet,

PB88123

Vaporist
PhishCactus said:
Could someone quickly explain what the procedure is for boiling the thermocore? Im comfortable with taking apart the unit to what I believe are its bare components but i'm unsure if the thermocore detaches from the bowl. Im a little apprehensive to boil something that i spent a lot of money on but I want to keep up with the proper maintenance. If I don't want to boil it has anyone tried an iso soak of the thermocore? Or would I have to worry about some sort of leaching or structural damage.

Thanks!

Edit: Also, do you think running a battery without a bowl packed would help to clear out particulates that got inside the core? Like a cleaning cycle on an oven.

Here is what you boil

tv1_bowl3.jpg

I have dropped it in a bag of 91% alcohol and then dropped it in boiling water for 10 minutes. I have a strainer that I put it on top so it doesn't sit on the bottom of the pot while boiling.

If you soak it in 91% alcohol only make sure it is completely dry before using it.

I have boiled mine and waited 2 hours for it to dry and then used it. No problems to report.

To answer your question about pieces that get into the core.

Will fine particles that fall into the heater hurt it?

TV said
No, it will not effect the heater core, most particulate get sucked back into the bowl and vaped, there is a large vacuum force applied with the inhalation, this serves to auto-clean the core. If you somehow manage to get a bunch of particles in the core, rinse it out. Dry it off, and you are good to go.

PB88123,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I also boil the top cap and thermocore interface piece as well. Remove the switch and o-ring first. I also have had success by running a "cleaning cycle" on the device but boiling just seems to make it better.

t-dub,

Stone__Man

I'm a noob and can't understand all of this so keep that in mind, as it may seem daft on my part. :uhoh: :lol:

why is it that I see users of the ThermoVape and other vapes I've looked at, that say/reccomend something like, shake it stir it and the like why is this done? (besides the obvious of making sure the herb has more surface area exposed)

wouldn't simply loading less product into the bowl be as efficient or better?

I see many folks fill it 3/4 full . why not just a 1/4 full and avoid having to shake, stir and the like.

Mind you, I'm not into many hits. more like 1 to 3 and chill for the most part.

again sorry, I'm trying to learn/understand and can't seem to find the answers.

Stone__Man,

PB88123

Vaporist
Stone__Man said:
I'm a noob and can't understand all of this so keep that in mind, as it may seem daft on my part. :uhoh: :lol:

why is it that I see users of the ThermoVape and other vapes I've looked at, that say/reccomend something like, shake it stir it and the like why is this done? (besides the obvious of making sure the herb has more surface area exposed)

wouldn't simply loading less product into the bowl be as efficient or better?

I see many folks fill it 3/4 full . why not just a 1/4 full and avoid having to shake, stir and the like.

Mind you, I'm not into many hits. more like 1 to 3 and chill for the most part.

again sorry, I'm trying to learn/understand and can't seem to find the answers.

Top: The pieces closer to the heater will turn brown and the pieces farther away stay green.

Bottom: How it looks when you shake or stir.

MkFiU.jpg

PB88123,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
It sort of sticks to the side, a bit like a MFLB, that needs to get tapped round to cycle/mix the fill material

sessnet,

weedemon

enthusiast
I use the rev mouthpiece like sessnet said, and I like to filly my bowl 3/4 to completely full! I love the flavour, I do the dump in hand and reload method.

I'm going to try the preheat before loading method and see how that works out too! thanks for the tip!

weedemon,
Although I am receiving my replacement parts tomorrow I felt it wouldn't be fair to prospective buyers if I didn't share my experience with the device. The first 2 and 1/2 were amazing, it worked perfectly. When the third week started so did the problems. At first they were very minor, it would take the core an extra second to light up, I would have to flip the batteries over to get any heat. Flashforward one week... The device barely functions at all. The batteries will work for about 1/3 of a bowl, then they will just crap out on me. Some of the batteries do not work at all when put into the device, and one other pair only works with positive side down. At first a dream this device has now become a nightmare. Although the customer service has been amazing and I told them about my problems last Weds and am receiving my new parts within a day, I do not know if I can continue to own this device is these problems occur with the new pieces I am being sent. Using this device 8-10 times a day for 2 and 1/2 weeks really took a toll on the device in general I am not sure if it was tested to this extent. Maybe there is an issue with the batteries in general if they get used so often or something, I just don't know. I'm hoping that I just have a defective core and or batteries and the device will work perfectly once I receive the new pieces and I will keep all of you updated.

Futuretvowner,

pecosthecat

I hope the new parts sort out your problems. It sounds like you may have had a dodgy switch where maybe contact with the batteries was cutting in and out for some reason or another.

Futuretvowner said:
Although I am receiving my replacement parts tomorrow I felt it wouldn't be fair to prospective buyers if I didn't share my experience with the device. The first 2 and 1/2 were amazing, it worked perfectly. When the third week started so did the problems. At first they were very minor, it would take the core an extra second to light up, I would have to flip the batteries over to get any heat. Flashforward one week... The device barely functions at all. The batteries will work for about 1/3 of a bowl, then they will just crap out on me. Some of the batteries do not work at all when put into the device, and one other pair only works with positive side down. At first a dream this device has now become a nightmare. Although the customer service has been amazing and I told them about my problems last Weds and am receiving my new parts within a day, I do not know if I can continue to own this device is these problems occur with the new pieces I am being sent. Using this device 8-10 times a day for 2 and 1/2 weeks really took a toll on the device in general I am not sure if it was tested to this extent. Maybe there is an issue with the batteries in general if they get used so often or something, I just don't know. I'm hoping that I just have a defective core and or batteries and the device will work perfectly once I receive the new pieces and I will keep all of you updated.

pecosthecat,

Soulhunter

Got the TV in the mail today. And it is in working condition ;)
But the adapter for the atomizer and revolution was missing, witch is kind of anoing as i made consentrates off all my herbslast week :p
So now i got a working T1 with nothing to put in it, and i am unable to vape my consentrates an e-juice :D

But on the bright side there is no taste or smell from the TV when i test it with a empty bowl.
Just wish i did not make consentrates off all my herb, should have saved some forthe t1 :p

Wil be back with review when i find some herbs again ;)

Soulhunter,
After receiving my new thermocore I can safely say that the old core was defective. With this new core in I feel like I have the TV on steroids. It is amazing. I just vaped a bowl more brown than any bowl with my last core in less than 4 hits. On examination of the two cores I realized that the little circle disc on the bottom of my core came chipped. Also the color of the bottom of the core is also a more golden/copper color than just silver color. It is weird that the bottom part was chipped. I remember thinking when I first got the device that the almost half circle was a weird design but it ended up just being chipped. Strange.
23ixhrl.jpg

Futuretvowner,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
My original heater core looked like your original, and i noticed the same differences in my replacement too. Glad to hear yours is running great now, same as mine. As for the contact not being round on our first heater cores, mine looked like it was machined to be that shape. It didnt seem to be missing a piece or anything.

Peloton,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Futuretvowner said:
After receiving my new thermocore I can safely say that the old core was defective. With this new core in I feel like I have the TV on steroids. It is amazing. I just vaped a bowl more brown than any bowl with my last core in less than 4 hits. On examination of the two cores I realized that the little circle disc on the bottom of my core came chipped. Also the color of the bottom of the core is also a more golden/copper color than just silver color. It is weird that the bottom part was chipped. I remember thinking when I first got the device that the almost half circle was a weird design but it ended up just being chipped. Strange. http://i43.tinypic.com/23ixhrl.jpg

Not chipped, that's the way the design was. It is a modular part that goes in multiple different devices here. Specifically it was there to provide a port for "bottom feeders". The designs have since evolved and that face off is no longer required. Functionally they perform identically.

Cheers!

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

Soulhunter

Ok, I invited some friends over to test this thing out.
And none of us was able to get any hits from it.
We tried several diferent techniques (one bowl each only so litle limited) but I tried pulling slow and hard and no result, no vape. The herb got litle yellow. Not vaked.
And we all noticed a plastic taste at the end of the battery when the unit is realy hot.

Soulhunter,

Raf007

Retailer
Try that technic:

Load up two freshly fully charged batts.
Pack a coarse grinded load.
Push the contact for at least 10 to 12 sec before hitting.
Then inhahle long, steady and a bit hard but not too much, if you don't feel any heat after 3 or 4 sec pull harder. If you inhahle way too hard from the beginning it won't work neiter so it needs a bit of tuning.
Normlly you should get one nice cloud.
Then continue to preheat for at least 8 sec or more before hitting.

Hope that helps.

Raf007,
Top Bottom