Discontinued ThermoVape

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
mephisto said:
Alright fellow vapers, the TV has hit the East Coast. I have not yet put it through its paces,
but out of the box it is built very well. Ingenious method for heat control. Easy to access herb
chamber. I will report back after a few test laps....

If its any consolation, I absolutely murdered my Cloud fund to obtain this vape!

Eagerly awaiting your review ;)

ThermoVape,

vape4health

Any good way to power this thing right from the wall. About the oil attachment what forms of oil will it take, will the oil need to be top shelf shatter or will sloppier dark more liquid oil work ok too. Looks very interesting.

vape4health,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
vape4health said:
Any good way to power this thing right from the wall. About the oil attachment what forms of oil will it take, will the oil need to be top shelf shatter or will sloppier dark more liquid oil work ok too. Looks very interesting.

No way to power it from the wall. It does come with 3 sets of batteries (6 total batteries), and they charge quickly so if you just keep your charger going you could certainly run the device non-stop.

The Revolution will run any concentrate from full liguid to full solid. If it is a concentrate, the Revolution will run it.

ThermoVape,

OF

ThermoVape said:
No way to power it from the wall. It does come with 3 sets of batteries (6 total batteries), and they charge quickly so if you just keep your charger going you could certainly run the device non-stop.

The Revolution will run any concentrate from full liguid to full solid. If it is a concentrate, the Revolution will run it.

I understand the high currents place serious demands on a power supply, but the MF folks came up with one after a year or so of dancing. Excuse me if I hold out hope here as well? I can see a real use for some folks. Changing batteries every bowl or so is going to get old fast. For some folks, screwing and unscrewing stuff is a real chore. There's more to it than with the LB and it came to be a real problem for some folks there. And for sure power users will be able to kill those 3 sets (30 or 40) draws in very short order, even without a lot of help. And the next fully charged battery is still over an hour away? Guys are gonna get bored waiting I'm thinking. Too bad the batteries are so much more expensive, discourages laying in a big supply for those special times.

The news on the concentrate version is exciting indeed. Will it need to be reloaded for each hit?

TIA for all the fun details.

OF

OF,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
OF said:
ThermoVape said:

I understand the high currents place serious demands on a power supply, but the MF folks came up with one after a year or so of dancing. Excuse me if I hold out hope here as well? I can see a real use for some folks. Changing batteries every bowl or so is going to get old fast. For some folks, screwing and unscrewing stuff is a real chore. There's more to it than with the LB and it came to be a real problem for some folks there. And for sure power users will be able to kill those 3 sets (30 or 40) draws in very short order, even without a lot of help. And the next fully charged battery is still over an hour away? Guys are gonna get bored waiting I'm thinking. Too bad the batteries are so much more expensive, discourages laying in a big supply for those special times.

The news on the concentrate version is exciting indeed. Will it need to be reloaded for each hit?

TIA for all the fun details.

OF

I fully appreciate the need for a continuous run operation.... we certainly thought about, a "pass through" power supply and it mad be something we revisit.

Spare batteries should not set you back too much, $10 bucks for a pair, and they have a long usable life.

The Revolution will deliver many, many, many hits between reloads. Some of testers report >150 hits per load. It is a very efficient system for sure.

ThermoVape,
Thermovape, is the oil attachment a load and hit piece or a cartridge that you could hit multiple times like the Omicron vaporizer? for example, how many hits off of one gram of budder?

VaporBoxed,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
One thing i noticed today is that this vape is pretty dependant on having your herbs good and dry, i vaped a few bowls of some sour D today that was pretty moist and while i did get some solid hits, it took way longer to get the herbs up to temp and the vapor flowing, this resulted in getting fewer total hits (about 6 or so) before the set of batteries died short of finishing the bowl, it stands to reason but i thought id mention it anyway. Another thing is that the switch/battery holder part can get pretty god damn hot towards the end of a bowl if you are hitting it repeatedly, it's not going to burn you or anything but i have had to let off of switch to my other thumb a couple of times, due to this and the shorter battery life im gonna say that this vape is better used solo or maybe with one or two others at most, i dont see this being passed around for a big session unfortunately, i see this vape as a heavily improved mflb as far as the situations i will use it in........sadly my No2 may have to stick around for a bit longer for multi person sessions on the fly. Im still really digging the vape but this realization is mildly sad

SF Giant,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
VaporBoxed said:
Thermovape, is the oil attachment a load and hit piece or a cartridge that you could hit multiple times like the Omicron vaporizer? for example, how many hits off of one gram of budder?

It is a chamber with an integrated ceramic reservoir for near liquid oils, more viscous or solid material will rest inside the chamber. Tough to describe bu it will be unveiled next week... tough for me to estimate on your other question... our beta testers say it is far more efficient then the other device you mentioned.

ThermoVape,

OF

ThermoVape said:
I fully appreciate the need for a continuous run operation.... we certainly thought about, a "pass through" power supply and it mad be something we revisit.

Spare batteries should not set you back too much, $10 bucks for a pair, and they have a long usable life.

The Revolution will deliver many, many, many hits between reloads. Some of testers report >150 hits per load. It is a very efficient system for sure.

Good. As I said, for some small (but IMO very important) sector of folks, even moderate screwing stuff on and off is a big issue. I realize it's not for recreational users for the most part. I suspect they'll have enough trouble with the top cap without fussing with what's probably a tougher thread (it under spring load, right?) not to mention the fiddly bit of getting the batteries in the same direction. They'd pay extra to avoid it I'm sure. And the LB experience with their wall supply is that lots of folks prefer the fine control of heat and the fact that the power is stable, not slowly degrading as Vth drops and internal resistance rises.

Ten bucks a pair is cheap enough on the face, but the same ten bucks buys four sets of batteries for the LB (each good for a trench or two, say a 1/4 to half a gram). There are, predictably, folks that object to that lesser cost. Four minutes of heat is the benchmark there.

Great news on the load capacity on the 'oil burner' version. Some of that is lost when you have to stop every dozen hits and put fresh batteries in of course, but such is life.

Thanks. I'll be standing by, with baited breath......

OF

OF,

OF

SF Giant said:
Another thing is that the switch/battery holder part can get pretty god damn hot towards the end of a bowl if you are hitting it repeatedly, it's not going to burn you or anything but i have had to let off of switch to my other thumb a couple of times, due to this and the shorter battery life im gonna say that this vape is better used solo or maybe with one or two others at most, i dont see this being passed around for a big session unfortunately, i see this vape as a heavily improved mflb as far as the situations i will use it in........

Bummer, I thought heat in the battery might be an issue (this unit, like the LB, hammers the poor battery really hard). Good show you have two thumbs, unfortunately the poor little battery is trapped in that oven and can't escape. The heat will not be good for them. But nothing lasts forever I guess, time will tell here.

I agree, it's shaping up to be a personal tool mighty fast in my mind. And while I appreciate your observation that too fresh a bud load won't fly, I think most agree dry is good and the unit is a lousy place to do that drying.

I'm promising myself I'll hold off long enough to see how others do with this unit and how the plant cart for the Omicron plays out. Then again, I'm not all that reliable in such matters......

OF

OF,
Wow this really could be a revolutionay device if it is more efficient than the omicron and can take any kind of oil. I will be picking one up if these claims are true.

VaporBoxed,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
THCMuscle said:
To clarify, 5-per bat? Hm....
Yeah but it takes two at a time, the batteries are pretty damn small, 2 of them stacked on end are barely bigger than one AA

SF Giant,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
for the amount of material that will fill the bowl, will 10 hits be enough to completely finish it?

moodswing,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
moodswing said:
for the amount of material that will fill the bowl, will 10 hits be enough to completely finish it?
if your herbs are properly dried yes, i give it a stir after the first few hits and by 6 to 8 tokes the herb is pretty well spent.

SF Giant,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
SF Giant said:
if your herbs are properly dried yes, i give it a stir after the first few hits and by 6 to 8 tokes the herb is pretty well spent.

good to know. thx giant.
if the battery life wasn't enough to vape a bowl's worth, i would've dropped interest in this unit real quick.

moodswing,

OF

SF Giant said:
moodswing said:

Very interesting information, thanks. Sounds squarely in the same class as the MFLB, performance wise. How big is the herb charge? I think I recall it was .1 gram? Do you have a scale that can weigh a typical load? Or, the herb chamber looks to be basically a cylinder, can you measure it in diameter and depth?

TIA for any insight you can provide for this most interesting machine.

OF

OF,

Lupe420

VaporBoxed said:
Obviously noone has it yet. The website was all white yesterday then today BAM all of this new info and awesome pictures. It really seems like this is going to be big and im proud to have started this thread. Hopefully it sticks around. So please anyone willing to spend 250 let us know how it is. They have a distributor here too by the way but im not sure how legit they are. Link

I just ordered my Thermovape today from them directly, I'm hoping to start off 2012 on the portable tip. Although $250 is not cheap, I've learned that you get what you pay for when it comes to these units. I already own a MFLB & WISPR so I'm excited to see how this Thermovape stacks up.

Also, I bought my WISPR from GotVape and I had no problems, I assume they would not come up #1 on Google for vaporizers if they weren't legit. However, I could not wait for their pre-sale so I went straight to thermovape.com

Lupe420,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
OF said:
SF Giant said:
moodswing said:

Very interesting information, thanks. Sounds squarely in the same class as the MFLB, performance wise. How big is the herb charge? I think I recall it was .1 gram? Do you have a scale that can weigh a typical load? Or, the herb chamber looks to be basically a cylinder, can you measure it in diameter and depth?

TIA for any insight you can provide for this most interesting machine.

OF
My scale only goes to the tenth of a gram so it may not be the most accurate but when i weigh a full bowl it either doesn't register or is .1 at the top of the bowl (it's cone shaped) id say it's around 3/4" wide where the bottom surface (the part with the holes) is around 3/8" wide, the entire bowl area is around 7/16" tall*
*all measurements estimated

SF Giant,

OF

SF Giant said:
My scale only goes to the tenth of a gram so it may not be the most accurate but when i weigh a full bowl it either doesn't register or is .1 at the top of the bowl (it's cone shaped) id say it's around 3/4" wide where the bottom surface (the part with the holes) is around 3/8" wide, the entire bowl area is around 7/16" tall*

Great, useful information, thanks much. Time to dig the slide rule out......

Hey, how's your stash (volume wise)? Can you weigh several charges? For instance I came to my 'standard' PD load (.030 grams) by loading the stem ten times and dumping it all in a pile to weigh. It varies a fair bit with strain, grind, dryness and the lot of course. Sounds like it's a little smaller than the MFLB trench, but in the same league. While we could discuss what a typical dose is, I figure ten or so mg of THC per dose. Say half a trench of top shelf bud? A bit less than I think you're using? That is does a full bowl and fresh batteries lead you to the Palace of True Enlightenment?

Sorry for so many questions, but you can hardly blame me for it.....you're giving me what I want.....

Thanks again.

OF

OF,

OF

SF Giant said:

OK, if my math is OK (always a good question....) a "right conic section" (I think that's the right term for a cone with one end cut off square) 7/16 high with a 3/4 inch base and a 3/8 top diameter should have a tiny bit over a .1 cubic inch volume. The somewhat dirty trench in my current model MFLB seems to hold about .075 CI to the rails. So, perhaps your bud is less dense than mine or you're really loading about .15 grams? At any rate, we're in the same neighborhood.

Food for thought. Thanks.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom