Discontinued ThermoVape

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Kaptan said:
I'm not sure if this was already asked, but is there a way to connect the TV to a bong or bubbler, like a gong attachment? If not, is this something planned for later release?

I think you'll find the design of the mouthpiece will readily accept tubing ;)

ThermoVape,

OF

majorpeaches said:
I might be the first person to get theirs? I have vaped before, but I have never actually owned a vape personally until now. I will do my best to put up some kind of review or at least impressions when I get the thing, even though I may not be as experienced as some of the others on here. Anyways, I'm super excited for this thing and hope to update you guys at least by tonight.

Hey, great news. But look, I don't feel right about burdening a new guy with all that responsibility. Even if you were already an old hand at this, it doesn't seem fair somehow.

Say, look, I'm in the Bay Area too. When it gets here, give me a call, I'll come buy and get it and test it for you. Maybe you should include some of your stash as well? I can even write the report for you.

No need to thank me really, I'm happy to help the new guys out....... Not to worry, it all evens out, someday you can do the same for some other guy.

OF

OF,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Good to hear, loving the look of this vape. Need to save up some more $ after just purchasing 2 more log vapes on Christmas day. I'm thinking my glass UD stem would mate well with this thing and produce some really cool hits.

Gonzo,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
here's something i'd like you near future reviewers to take notice of...

given that you will use dry, finely ground herb, can you keep an eye on how much material actually falls through the holes (if any)? and if material does fall in there, can you tell if there is subsequent combustion. i was dreaming about this unit last nite (i was quite vaked) and in it i took a hit that was partially vapor with a bit of smoke! :o

moodswing,

max

Out to lunch
darkrom said:
And about the "best in the market" surely everyone is going to say that at this point.
They're certainly free to do so. And I'll continue to point out that such a blanket statement is ridiculous in today's market.

ThermoVape said:
the batteries are not in the flow path.
Sounds good. Now if you'll contact vtac ASAP ( vtac at vaporist d o t com) , as our rules require, you can continue to post as a manufacturer.

Manufacturers and Retailers
Please contact vtac at vaporist d o t com before posting. This applies to anyone with a commercial interest and is mandatory. Failure to do so may result in a ban.

max,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Thank you!

We have contacted vtac and are awaiting reply. Our Team and ThermoVape enjoy your forum.

Cheers!

ThermoVape,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Got mine in just now along with a fresh quarter of herbs from a local dispensary, i will be putting this through its paces tonight to formulate a full review but of course i couldnt help but try a quick bowl with the (most likely) partially charged batteries that came in the unit and my initial impression is very positive, barring some disaster in my testing tonight id say my other portables days are most likely numbered

SF Giant,
How long did it take to get to you, I'm in Arizona and if I ordered it on Monday I would need it by Saturday at the latest is that enough time?

Futuretvowner,
SF Giant said:
Got mine in just now along with a fresh quarter of herbs from a local dispensary, i will be putting this through its paces tonight to formulate a full review but of course i couldnt help but try a quick bowl with the (most likely) partially charged batteries that came in the unit and my initial impression is very positive, barring some disaster in my testing tonight id say my other portables days are most likely numbered

Looking forward to it!

Do you find particulate falling down to the heating element or flying up into your mouth an issue? If so does it look easy to add extra screens? Could an extra screen be inserted easily into the bowl area so that you could vape solid concentrates?

charliedontsurf,

THCMuscle

I am too curious about the herb-falling-through-holes question. They definitely do look large enough for a decent amount of herb to get through. My RZ has a rather coarse SCREEN and it still let's many small particulates through.

THCMuscle,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Looking at the holes in comparison to my stock CRZ screen the holes are just a touch bigger and yes i too find a good amount of solid matter in my CRZ stems so yeah id say these holes are just a bit too big, so far i haven't noticed any obvious particles in my mouth or throat but i am also using a much coarser grind than i do with the zap as is recommended in the TV manual, still though even with a coarse grind im sure some trichs and other small pieces are getting sucked up that a finer screen could be catching. @CDS yeah it looks like both a top and bottom screen could fairly easily be added and i may just do so tonight after testing another bowl or two without.
Some quick impressions. (keep in mind that im sure im far from mastering my draw speed heat regulation technique quite yet)
The unit is even smaller than i thought it would be from the pics including the size of the bowl, a pretty full pack is around .1 says my mediocre digital scale. (win win here imo)
This is the hardest hitting portable that i have had the pleasure of using (NO2, Iolite, Wispr, MFLB with stock batteries and VG respectively).
It has a purer tasting vapor than any of the above with the MFLB being the closest (the wood in the mflb path messes with the taste a bit for me)
On a full bowl of the outdoor blue dream that i have right now (good but not top quality by any means) im getting around 4 good clouds and 3 to 6 weaker hits depending on how much i wanna milk it, obviously with better meds id expect more/better hits.
The vapor can get pretty hot on a long slow pull but pulsing the switch or increasing draw speed seem
effective (still working on my skills here)
ABV looks pretty thouroughly spent after 6 to 10 hits
So far it seems like the batteries can surely privide

SF Giant,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Cellphone failed mid post lol
The batteries seem to be able to provide more than 10 hits for sure, i got around 15 or so off the first pair i charged, just like the mflb you may need to draw a bit slower as the batts get weaker.
.........uh that's about it for now, gotta mess with it more :D
Edit: note for mods, yeah i know i double posted, the browser on my phone won't let me scroll that far down on the first post to edit it
Edit 2: @futuretvowner i ordered sunday night and it got here this afternoon, i do however live like an hour and a half away from TV headquarters......and i payed for 2 day air ups before i realized this :lol:

SF Giant,

zmurder

SF Giant said:
The unit is even smaller than i thought it would be from the pics including the size of the bowl, a pretty full pack is around .1 says my mediocre digital scale. (win win here imo)
This is the hardest hitting portable that i have had the pleasure of using (NO2, Iolite, Wispr, MFLB with stock batteries and VG respectively).
It has a purer tasting vapor than any of the above with the MFLB being the closest (the wood in the mflb path messes with the taste a bit for me)

This is sounding great. My ThermoVape will be arriving in the midwest on Friday. I haven't been worried about the size of those holes at all....but what about the temperature of the vaped air? And the temp of the metal mouthpiece? I was worried that these would be too hot (though a bit of hose would fix it).

zmurder,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Futuretvowner said:
Is it worth getting/meeting your expectations?
Well it is going to take the place of my other portables as it hits better than my No2 and is damn near just as stealthy as my LB so for me this is easily worth it, i will also be selling my other portables to friends to recoop some dough so that also softens the blow for me. This being said i'd like to see a heater core and maybe mouthpiece too with a built in finer screen.....maybe offered to early adopters for a discount ;) hint hint, but it's kind of a minor gripe seeing as im pretty sure i can add some without issue......id just rather not have to mod a brand new state of the art vape out of the box :|

SF Giant,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
zmurder said:
SF Giant said:

This is sounding great. My ThermoVape will be arriving in the midwest on Friday. I haven't been worried about the size of those holes at all....but what about the temperature of the vaped air? And the temp of the metal mouthpiece? I was worried that these would be too hot (though a bit of hose would fix it).
Like i said the vapor can get kinda hot but it's definitely adjustable with draw and switch pulsing, the mouthpiece getting hot has not been a problem at all

SF Giant,

zmurder

SF Giant said:
zmurder said:
SF Giant said:

Like i said the vapor can get kinda hot but it's definitely adjustable with draw and switch pulsing, the mouthpiece getting hot has not been a problem at all

Glad the mouthpiece isn't getting too hot. Just to clarify... I think others here and I have been concerned about perhaps 2 separate heat issues: 1) the heat going to the bud and 2) the heat going from the bud to the lips/throat/lungs. I for one have not been that concerned about the first issue -- as TV and you note, the heating element can be pulsed on/off and draw speed can be modified to deliver different (lower) temperatures to the bud.

I was referring to the second heat issue -- that the vaped air, even if low and perfect for plant materials would be too hot if uncooled and delivered to my mouth and lungs in under a half inch of space. Make sense? I can't tell which issue (or both) you're referring to when you say "Like I said...".

zmurder,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Im talking about the vapor going in your mouth/throat/lungs i'll be able to comment more once i feel ive got my technique down but i'll say that from what ive seen so far that the TV may not be for those super sensitive to hot vapor, although i should say that i recall my Iolite producing hotter vapor than the TV does if that helps

SF Giant,

zmurder

SF Giant said:
Im talking about the vapor going in your mouth/throat/lungs i'll be able to comment more once i feel ive got my technique down but i'll say that from what ive seen so far that the TV may not be for those super sensitive to hot vapor, although i should say that i recall my Iolite producing hotter vapor than the TV does if that helps

thanks for the info Giant

zmurder,

abo27495

Do the car and wall charger plug directly into the unit or are they for the batteries?

abo27495,
Top Bottom