Discontinued ThermoVape

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
They can be stacked. That's kinda nice to enjoy with the Rev/DART, if a wee bit cumbersome. :) I have a feeling you're correct, to an extent, about water pipe leverage. I just may have to go do an experiment right now... But it is fairly physically laborious with the T1, handheld, to answer your first question.
I wonder if T1/Pure-flow intake could be improved with larger intake holes on the middle devlin sheath that covers the core...

Nick Brand,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Yeah, that worked. Using the T1 with the filter through a water piece helps to condense the vapor a little bit, and you are right about the leverage, NB. It is sufficient to make the hit work. People, it is worth trying. Good work Nick! :cheers:

PhreedomPhries,
Reactions: Nick Brand

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
Yeah, that worked. Using the T1 with the filter through a water piece helps to condense the vapor a little bit, and you are right about the leverage, NB. It is sufficient to make the hit work. People, it is worth trying. Good work Nick! :cheers:
Thanks fer doin' the footwork! Good on ya

Nick Brand,

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
FWIW I HATED the pureflow on my T1, but love smooth flow. Pure flow was way more restriction than I would imagine anyone wanted. It would definitely prevent me from getting quality hits.
Good to know, but always lookin' for workarounds... Like maybe maybe bigger intake holes in the middle devlin sheath

Nick Brand,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Good to know, but always lookin' for workarounds... Like maybe maybe bigger intake holes in the middle devlin sheath
I think the next bit of restriction encountered is in the hole pattern of the cap piece. So, there are several throttle points that make it un-well-suited for handheld use (without a water pipe for leverage). However, as DR stated, the Smooth flow will have you covered, I imagine. It works great for handheld use, and it seems to help ever so slightly in preventing small particulate in the airstream as well. I notice very very little to begin with even with the short Delrin mouthpiece, but it is even cleaner - very very clean - with the Smooth flow adapter inline.

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
I think the next bit of restriction encountered is in the hole pattern of the cap piece. So, there are several throttle points that make it un-well-suited for handheld use (without a water pipe for leverage). However, as DR stated, the Smooth flow will have you covered, I imagine. It works great for handheld use, and it seems to help ever so slightly in preventing small particulate in the airstream as well. I notice very very little to begin with even with the short Delrin mouthpiece, but it is even cleaner - very very clean - with the Smooth flow adapter inline.
Thanks. I see you've also got a volcano in your toolbox, and you can see the stuff you're inhaling when you clean the valve.

Nick Brand,

OF

I have got to beg to differ, based on my experience with a faulty Volcano unit that was experiencing drastically reduced airflow, due to a clogged air pump of the original design that lacked the external, removable air filter. Anyways, that Volcano, because of its reduced air throughput delivery past the chamber and into the bag, performed akin to ~6 on the dial, at only ~2 on the dial instead. So, reduced airflow on the Volcano DOES lead to a drastically INCREASED temperature in the chamber, compared to a properly functioning unit.

Edit: The Volcano is very similar to the T1 in that they both have the chamber intermittently exposed to a heat source that is hotter than the temperature that is effectively transferred into the chamber itself. Hence, infrared convection heat.

Like I said, I never used one, let alone took it apart. And for sure experience beats theory, but how do you think it does this? The temperature display on the digital one shows set point and produced temperatures on the two displays, right? What is it doing, predicting what will happen if you turn the fan on? What happens if you turn the fan on and off, shouldn't it go nuts, giving bursts of hot air?

I'm not sure where the 'intermittently exposed' part comes from, isn't usually a one shot deal? I don't remember a lot from Thermodynamics, but for sure there was no such thing as "infrared convection" when I was there. There was "Infrared Radiation", "forced and natural convection" and conduction. But those were the only 3 ways to move heat. Well, I suppose you could boil water, make steam, generate electricity, transmit it down a power line.....

Maybe someday I'll get a chance to poke inside one, for sure the first thing on the list is going to be a thermocouple in the bowl. I'm not expecting 500 degree air.

Not that any of this changes our favorite portable convection vape a lot. Still fun conjecture. Thanks for the additional information.

OF

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Like I said, I never used one, let alone took it apart. And for sure experience beats theory, but how do you think it does this? The temperature display on the digital one shows set point and produced temperatures on the two displays, right? What is it doing, predicting what will happen if you turn the fan on? What happens if you turn the fan on and off, shouldn't it go nuts, giving bursts of hot air?

I'm not sure where the 'intermittently exposed' part comes from, isn't usually a one shot deal? I don't remember a lot from Thermodynamics, but for sure there was no such thing as "infrared convection" when I was there. There was "Infrared Radiation", "forced and natural convection" and conduction. But those were the only 3 ways to move heat. Well, I suppose you could boil water, make steam, generate electricity, transmit it down a power line.....

Maybe someday I'll get a chance to poke inside one, for sure the first thing on the list is going to be a thermocouple in the bowl. I'm not expecting 500 degree air.

Not that any of this changes our favorite portable convection vape a lot. Still fun conjecture. Thanks for the additional information.

OF
Intermittent, as in, you put it on, fill the bag, empty the bag, and repeat 2 or 3 more times; intermittently. I don't know about the digit version, as I rock the old-school analog. But like I said, less airflow amounted to ~2 on the dial being the same as ~6 on the dial on a normal operating unit. As for creating vapor, what about controlled nm wavelengths of lasers? Now that is the vape of the future. Light Saber straight up! I stand corrected about mention of infrared convection. I was sophomorically picturing radiated convection as infrared heat transfer. :haw:

Thanks. I see you've also got a volcano in your toolbox, and you can see the stuff you're inhaling when you clean the valve.

My Volcano valve stays pretty clean, save for a whole bunch of delicious, golden reclaim on that top little conical point thingie. MMmmm... 'Cano reclaim... :mmmm: But really, if your screens are properly in place, and if you blow out the top of the chamber each time after replacing the metal tool thing, that whole assembly stays pretty clear of debris in the airpath. Now, I have seen other people's Volcano's not at all kept up and maintained in the same fashion as mine, and in that case, substantial amounts of debris can end up in the valve, bag, mouth, lungs, etc. It's really quite variable, all depending on how clean ya keep it. Same is true of the T1.

OF

As for creating vapor, what about controlled nm wavelengths of lasers? Now that is the vape of the future. Light Saber straight up!

Sounds fun to me. As long as we're talking radiation, how about microwaves? You could use your vape to heat your stash, then swing the bowl aside and scan for cops. Then use Doppler function to decide if they were coming this way and how fast......

Talk about multitasking.

Maybe we could use the Proton Colliders from Ghostbusters to power it....

OF

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Sounds fun to me. As long as we're talking radiation, how about microwaves? You could use your vape to heat your stash, then swing the bowl aside and scan for cops. Then use Doppler function to decide if they were coming this way and how fast......

Talk about multitasking.

Maybe we could use the Proton Colliders from Ghostbusters to power it....

OF
Hey TV, are you guys catching all this? Why don't you go talk to the guys operating the Hadron Collider over at CERN? They've got some fresh input hot off the presses today. And then go talk to the Ghostbusters. And then maybe the Mythbusters? Oooo! I bet they'd have some great ideas for some crazy vapes! You KNOW all those guys are prop-215 friendly, if you will. :rofl:

Then again, maybe there's already an app for that.

PhreedomPhries,

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
My Volcano valve stays pretty clean, save for a whole bunch of delicious, golden reclaim on that top little conical point thingie. MMmmm... 'Cano reclaim... :mmmm:
That is some tasty/powerful stuff. Bag scrapings for when times get tuff. :) Also, in tough times, re-use the spent tailings at max 230C. Cooking too, 'course.

On the 'cano digit you set the desired temp (green temp readout) with the green + and - buttons; actual temp's displayed in red.

When the heating block is being energized a yellow indicator (bottom center) lights up. When your desired temp is reached the indicator dims completely, but since the unit maintains the target temp constantly, regardless of whether the blower is on or off, the yellow indicator is constantly dimming and brightening for exact temp maintanance.

When you mount the bag/chamber on top and hit the blower button, and because air flowing through the heating block is draining heat, the yellow indicator lights up brightly during inflation (edit: indicating the heating block's being energized), then goes back to normal varying mode when you turn the blower off.

OF

Hey TV, are you guys catching all this? Why don't you go talk to the guys operating the Hadron Collider over at CERN? They've got some fresh input hot off the presses today. And then go talk to the Ghostbusters. And then maybe the Mythbusters? Oooo! I bet they'd have some great ideas for some crazy vapes! You KNOW all those guys are prop-215 friendly, if you will. :rofl:

Then again, maybe there's already an app for that.

Funny, I've got an engineer bud who used to do consulting work for them (he did the bouncing bullet stuff, for instance). He don't do that no more they scared him too much.

This was before they sent the bouncing cannon ball off the Army base and into the residential section of town through some sod's wall......

Too mush testosterone, not enough common sense?

OF

OF

OF,

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
Yeah, the guy with the hole in his bedroom IIRC wall didn't sound all that thrilled though. Second floor, nobody there at the time but I doubt Jamie and company checked that far down range first...... It fact it was 'staff' that did it, the two heroes went home for the day and left the children with the cannon to work out ranges and stuff. Scary.

OF
Great story. There is a difference between smart and wise.

Nick Brand,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
:p Only one day left to get the discount, and still no glass on the site... :popcorn:
I don't know if this was a mistake, or if it was supposed to be private to previous customers (oops), or if TV just wanted to be nice for another week, but look at what I just got in an email from them, using the same promo code:

Thank you for supporting small businesses and American Manufacturing. Please visit our website at www.thermovape.com to see more of our complete line of 100% American Made products and accessories. Here a coupon code to use for our Fourth of July Sale ending midnight July 10th to SAVE 25% on your purchases; we hope you enjoy our new products!

Promo code: MADEINUSA

Haywood,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Just got an email from TV advertising the new AC adapter and glass adapters, and found this at the bottom of the glass adapter photo:

The ThermoVape T1 Glass Adapters will be available on our website July 5th and also: Fourth of July Sale ending midnight July 10th to SAVE 25% on your purchases; we hope you enjoy our new products!

:)

jambandphan03,

OF

I don't know if this was a mistake, or if it was supposed to be private to previous customers (oops), or if TV just wanted to be nice for another week, but look at what I just got in an email from them, using the same promo code:

Thank you for supporting small businesses and American Manufacturing. Please visit our website at www.thermovape.com to see more of our complete line of 100% American Made products and accessories. Here a coupon code to use for our Fourth of July Sale ending midnight July 10th to SAVE 25% on your purchases; we hope you enjoy our new products!

Yup, I just got the same email. Maybe they just don't like Jam? Naw.....

You'll also note a bit further down is this most welcome news:
"The ThermoVape T1 Glass Adapters will be available on our website July 5th."

Also some very interesting looking storage caps....

Exciting times, and it looks like Jam is saved....which is good for TV, best to stay on her good side you know.....

Like you I also read it as extending the sale through next Tuesday, mistake or not (and I think not) TV is sure to honor it IMO. See how Jam's faith in TV has benefited us all? Again.

OF

OF,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hey Pipes, doesn't 6v dc 7a amount to a 42w delivery to the 30w T1 core? How is a 7a 6v well-suited? I am confused...

No not at all. It reads like a regulated 6 volt DC supply capable of delivering 7 amps. This would be the one dreams are made of if true. Like the Jameco without the 3.3 amp limit. And the price.....

Between the two, I gather the Pipes adapter runs a bit hotter, hence its suitability only for the T1/Evo. I'm torn as to which I may prefer, because it seems possible that the Pipes may be better suited for running my T1 through a water pipe, since it would give it a little extra kick. Am I wrong in this thinking?

Have to say slightly warmer for the T1 as originally set it up for my preference. Tricky with an un-regulated supply. Was never really considering the REV or DART at the time as the T1 was my concern and did not think there would be such a voltage jump as load goes up. Found the T1 was very hard on batteries and this helped the situation.

Nope, that was a whole different thing. That's duty cycle control of the heat to the 'just enough' point. Very different deal.

An interesting, but IMO not useful, experiment.

Yup, it's a battery, but I definitely don't recommend it for normal use, nor even for experimenting unless you're willing to get way out on the thin ice. Loose control of it and it'll get bad real fast.

But no, you're not crazy....at least I don't think so. Not this time. Then again, who am I to judge?

OF

I did a test on the element from a EVO and found noticeable deformity starts just shy of 8 volts. So 7.4 is definitely thin ice indeed. Specially any prolonged on time. Blew little over 8 volts.
Now T1 results may differ but suspect they use the same resistive wire but a thicker gauge.?

Was checking out the heat linearities between voltage and element types. Interesting results were that TV element heats up in a more un-linear way then Kanthal where as the red hot range is very narrow along the voltage curve. Which means it burns out faster when taken beyond recommended voltage but also gets hotter within it's optimal range. On the other hand the Kanthal seems much more linear and the same gauge and coil size went beyond 10 volts.

Thought I'd through that in as kind of interesting.

Pipes

darkrom

Great Scott!
Apparently the USPS shipping is about 4 days faster than the fedex option :(

My friend in town ordered a smooth flow after I ordered the power adapter. His comes today or tomorrow. Mine comes Tuesday the 10th. Seems like forever. I know my batteries will cut it until then, and I can use the underdog in the bubbler just fine, but I've REALLY been dying to try the T1 in the bubbler. I feel like that will be one of the most pure vapor setups out there.

darkrom,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Yes everyone, the sale was extended!

SameOldTim,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
...still waiting to hit that check out button, don't see the glass adapters on the site yet. Really cool of you guys to extend the sale, thanks TV!!

jambandphan03,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom