Discontinued ThermoVape

:rolleyes:

It is a nifty little adapter. What it is is a Gong 18/14mm adapter with a Supreme Vaporizer tube connected to it. I just wrapped a bit of the medical tape around it and shoved it into the Gong adapter. I also had to add another o-ring to the mouthpiece so it would create an airtight seal.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but ThermoVape was recently featured on CNET.

CNET TV - Always On Future Tech: Smoking goes high-tech (and smokeless!)
http://cnettv.cnet.com/8301-33814_53-57454448-10391737.html?tag=showAux;listings

I've been looking forward to this and it was a cool video. I couldn't help but get frustrated though at her reaction when she hit the nicotine e-juice.

VaporBoxed,
Reactions: Dogman

PB88123

Vaporist
Yes.. I do all that.. Funny but I use the same round grip thing you had in the video..

Sigh.. Mine looks just like yours when I have it all back together..

It's easy once you know how to take it apart and put it together. Sounds like you got the hang of it and maybe the switch is bad. I would send an e-mail to sales@thermovape.com and let them know it won't turn on after putting it back together. Give them a day or two to catch up on e-mails and get a response to you. They'll most likely get you a replacement out no questions asked.

I think I got my round grip thing at the dollar store. Works great.

PB88123,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
It's easy once you know how to take it apart and put it together. Sounds like you got the hang of it and maybe the switch is bad. I would send an e-mail to sales@thermovape.com and let them know it won't turn on after putting it back together. Give them a day or two to catch up on e-mails and get a response to you. They'll most likely get you a replacement out no questions asked.

I think I got my round grip thing at the dollar store. Works great.

Yes.. I think you are right.. I have taken this thing apart and put it back together so many times I can do it blind folded now... There HAS to be something wrong... In fact if there is not something wrong and this is the norm, then I dont want any of TV's products.. Sorry but I have spent now going on 3 to 4 hrs messing with this thing trying to get it to work.. If this is normal, then this is not the product for me.. I have MUCH better things to do with my time then worry about if my T1 is going to work or not and spending HOURS trying to get it to work..

Thank god for my Solo.. 100% easy to use and NEVER even a small issue with it...

I will Email TV but so far very disappointed...

I am tired and done messing with it anymore and putting it up in it's holder before I throw it out the window.... :mad:

OF thanks for trying to help me but honestly it cant be this hard to get this thing to work...

Kuroth1,
Reactions: OF

natural farmer

Yes.. I think you are right.. I have taken this thing apart and put it back together so many times I can do it blind folded now... There HAS to be something wrong... If fact if there is not something wrong and this is the norm, then I dont want any of TV's products.. Sorry but I have spent now going on 3 to 4 hrs messing with this thing trying to get it to work.. If this is normal, then this is not the product for me.. I have MUCH better things to do with my time then worry about if my T1 is going to work or not and spending HOURS trying to get it to work..

Thank god for my Solo.. 100% easy to use and NEVER even a small issue with it...

I am tired and done messing with it anymore and putting it up in it's holder before I throw it out the window.... :mad:

OF thanks for trying to help be but honestly it cant be this hard to get this thing to work...

Hey man, that could happen to the Solo too, don't freak out... I 'm sure Thermo will cover you. But it's a good thing to have a couple of vapes just in case. Who wants to smoke when out of vape??? I stand by my decision to get a TV when I have the money and the batteries improve. Not earlier...
If you decide to throw it out of the window, throw it in a box instead and I'll be happy to try to fix it while sucking on the Solo! :lol:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yes.. I think you are right.. I have taken this thing apart and put it back together so many times I can do it blind folded now... There HAS to be something wrong... In fact if there is not something wrong and this is the norm, then I dont want any of TV's products.. Sorry but I have spent now going on 3 to 4 hrs messing with this thing trying to get it to work.. If this is normal, then this is not the product for me.. I have MUCH better things to do with my time then worry about if my T1 is going to work or not and spending HOURS trying to get it to work..

OF thanks for trying to help me but honestly it cant be this hard to get this thing to work...

Just so you know, your problem isn't normal. I have many of the TV products and have not had any problems with any of them working. Sounds like you got a bad part somewhere in the mix, and once it's resolved I hope you can relax and enjoy a good vaporizer. I know right now, all you want is a working product, hopefully the TV crew will take good care of you, and get it replaced quickly. Hang in there, and give this a chance to resolve. Sorry you have had to go through it, I know if it was me, I would be pretty steamed right now too.

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Thanks everyone.. And you are all correct.. I am just venting and really actually more mad at myself as it seems so easy and yet I feel very dumb I cant get it working.. I am sure it will get worked out in the end...

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker

So you did try it with the heating bowl's O ring removed as OF suggested?
You see it would be nice to find out if it's the switch (springy piece under mid section) or the actual heater core. Might make the difference between 2 way shipping to TV.
Good Luck,
Pipes

Pipes,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Maybe my English are not good enough and you didn't get what I am saying... :)

Point by point then:

ABV: The color of the ABV depends highly on when you stop vaping. At 3-4 if you stop the session when there isn't much visible vapor, the ABV will be golden brown unless you keep the stem in the bowl and it gets darker. If you try to suck every last droplet of vapor like I do to stretch the stash it will get darker. If the Thermo can't do this I guess it's due to low heat. Even the Cloud can produce dark brown ABV... Is the Cloud conduction too? ABV color is not a big factor to judge a vape. Uniformity is.

Constant hot air: Where did that came from? You suck, you get hot air, you don't, iR and conduction rises dramatically and shity taste comes...

Vegetative plant matter: how do you come to this conclusion? It's not based anywhere... Both work with hot air passing through the matter. Nough said...

On-demand heat: if you remove the stem between hits to avoid excess conduction and you don't have enough heat for the next just raise the temp and the herbs will rise the temp faster. Just because the TV produces vapor faster doesn't mean that the Solo isn't convection... Please! That also depends largely on the openness of the air-path and how fast air passes through the herbs, not the temp. The faster you are able to draw the faster vapor will reach your mouth. Solo is very restrictive by design so just think...

My friend... You haven't commended on any of the logical points I made and explained. I analysed my points to a great extend so that everyone can have a good idea. Just because you can't or don't want to bother using the Solo as it should doesn't make it less convection. It tastes stale because you don't like to remove the stem, I get that, but that doesn't mean I get a stale taste too or any other who is using it differently than you. If you want to be convincing you have to make some logical points. You don't. You make assumptions based on your usage...
Having to remove the stem between hits is very cumbersome (as you are flirting with a delicate glass piece each time) and not at all how the device was designed to be used. Having to turn the device up to a higher temperature to achieve the same instant results that the TV gives painlessly betrays your own sentiment that 3 to 4 is the sweet spot. At 3 to 4, the stem does indeed need to be left in in order to do the job of producing vapor and spending the load in an expedient fashion - which then leads to the stale, musty taste that you and I both agree exists under these conditions (as it was designed to be used).

Even the very first hit off my Solo is "musty". I disagree that the Solo can be run just for the first 3 or 4 hits and then dump the abv and call it a wash with a TV. The first hit off the TV is superior, the second hit is superior, the third hit is superior, and the fourth hit as well. That stale taste with the Solo is present from the get-go. It's the same taste I pick up on with my iolite. It is the result of low heat, applied steadily over an extended period of time (which is exactly what I would characterize the length of time that the stem must be exposed to the chamber before drawing even your very first hit: 20-30+ seconds of exposure to heat, instead 5 seconds of warm-up prime time for the TV). It's also the same principle that sets apart the Volcano (as a convection vaporizer) from its lesser competitors. The difference is the duration of exposure to heat, coupled with the intensity of the heat which the load is exposed to. Hotter for shorter period of time is better than cooler for longer period of time. Both in quality of the vapor produced, as well as the expediency with which any given amount of material is effectively "spent". Within reason, of course. Even with that principle in mind, there is a delicate balancing act between the two. Because the rate or airflow on a Volcano is a fixed variable, I do not ever turn my temp past 6.5 on the dial, or else the temperature is too high to keep up with the rate of passing air and I end up with too thick a vapor that is full of much more carcinogens, same as with a conduction vape.

My point about vegetative plant matter being roasted and thus vaporized is absolutely telltale in the abv itself, as I mentioned previously. The TV, by its very nature, exposes hot air to the material for a very short period of time. This, by the laws of physics, dictates that only the most volatile of the oils remaining on the plant matter will be vaporized with each fleeting pass of the hot air over the material. By comparison, a Solo sits there and "cooks" the entire load (as it was designed to be used). If you're getting better results by removing the stem in between hits, kudos to your mod. However, it sounds like that manner of use stands to both severely lessen the battery runtime (due to the need to have a higher temperature, as you said) and its convenience of use without having to stir or remove anything between hits (two of its nominal advantages over the T1). Ultimately, you're still coming up short of achieving that same rapid ramp up of heat to the load that the TV excels at.

I'm not trying to make any assumptions. I am a hands-on user of both products, and I find your points about how the Solo overcomes its inherent hurdles to be revealing. True that the abv of the T1 is uneven, unless stirred between hits. This is because that intense heat is so near to the load, that the bottom portion of the load is exposed to a more direct (yes conductive) heat than is the top. The key here is that it is for an extremely short duration (not unlike the Volcano, which also requires stirring the chamber for more evenly-spent abv, though I concede the Volcano does not ever run the risk of charring the bottom as the TV does on rare occasion; though only if you don't take the palliative clues and accordingly pulse the switch). So, not having to stir is not necessarily the mark of a good vaporizer, you see. And FWIW, I definitely prefer the consistency of taste and vapor quality with my T1 as compared to the EVO, for example. I feel any vaporizer that does not conveniently allow the load to be stirred in between hits will ultimately not perform as well. The easier the load can be stirred, obviously, the better. Maybe down the road, TV will develop a cap for their device (or a future device) that integrates some spikes for the purpose of stirring the load with the cap on, as has been previously suggested a few pages back in this thread. Implementing a stirring device into the chamber would be a welcomed addition. Though, I am sure there are complications that make it more easily said than done. I can envision it being more difficult to blow the cap clean of debris around the airholes, for example, if there were a jagged stirring device impeding the ability to wipe clean the top of the cap while it is warm and then blowing it free of any remaining debris, as is now my practice.
:rolleyes:

It is a nifty little adapter. What it is is a Gong 18/14mm adapter with a Supreme Vaporizer tube connected to it. I just wrapped a bit of the medical tape around it and shoved it into the Gong adapter. I also had to add another o-ring to the mouthpiece so it would create an airtight seal.

I've been looking forward to this and it was a cool video. I couldn't help but get frustrated though at her reaction when she hit the nicotine e-juice.
Very cool. I too had a hard time looking past her prissy take on inhaling what was a relatively tiny cloud of nicotine juice. And that's even with me being able to relate, seeing as I do not imbibe in the juice myself.

edt: Sorry for the long response. Please note that I did go back and change a few details of my original post in the interest of factual accuracy. My apologies for any initial confusion, and for the possible need to re-read this post to understand what I corrected myself on. :)

PhreedomPhries,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Hey, that's great! Even past the funny camera shots, you can see how small yet busy the place is. I don't think I've ever seen that many on benches at any one time (probably 4 on average?). When I've been there, the others were in motion somewhere. You can see large batches of products in process, different products over time, but always big batches of parts.

What I do wonder is what did they do with the BMW that was up on the lift in the back left corner? The big blue framework. A very cool hot rod project, but not exactly vapes.

Thanks for posting the link.

OF

I remember Noah telling us they were going to be on CNET, but had forgotten about it. Glad I caught it.

Where did all those people come from? lol

Maybe they moved the BMW out so he could stock more batteries to sell at such a high profit?

Caught a couple of shots of Tim in the background...guess he's not the front man.

Love how they slipped in the Cannabis use along with other possible future uses.

Sinclue,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
So you did try it with the heating bowl's O ring removed as OF suggested?
You see it would be nice to find out if it's the switch (springy piece under mid section) or the actual heater core. Might make the difference between 2 way shipping to TV.
Good Luck,
Pipes

I was about to but this o-ring looks really in there.. How to I get it out??? Like use a tooth pick or something??? I did not want to damage it...And is it easy to get back in??? I did not mess with it as it looked pretty tricky but if this will for sure prove if its a bad switch or not I guess I can try..

Kuroth1,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I was about to but this o-ring looks really in there.. How to I get it out??? Like use a tooth pick or something??? I did not want to damage it...And is it easy to get back in??? I did not mess with it as it looked pretty tricky but if this will for sure prove if its a bad switch or not I guess I can try..
Goes back in easier then comes off. Yes something pointy but blunt as not to cut it.
This will allow the seating to go down without the friction of the O ring. It will confirm if going all the way down. This is most likely the cause of your troubles.
Pipes

Pipes,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Goes back in easier then comes off. Yes something pointy but blunt as not to cut it.
This will allow the seating to go down without the friction of the O ring. It will confirm if going all the way down. This is most likely the cause of your troubles.
Pipes

And before I do this let me ask??? If this does work what do I do???? I mean if it works without the O-Ring then I just put the O-Ring back on and it should all work again??? I dont get it????

Kuroth1,

OF

You're very welcome, and absolutely right. It should work fine out of the box and for a long time to come. Something isn't right, the design is proven good and workmanship excellent.

All we need for you is one just like any of the 8 to 10,000 others? It'll happen.

OF

OF,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Ok. Tried it with the o ring off of the bowl side. Nothing at all. So must be just a bad switch or something. Will I have to mail something back? Or will TV be able to just email me a new switch area

Kuroth1,

PB88123

Vaporist
Ok. Tried it with the o ring off of the bowl side. Nothing at all. So must be just a bad switch or something. Will I have to mail something back? Or will TV be able to just email me a new switch area

They will mail you the part(s) needed and a return package or label to ship the bad part back free of charge.

PB88123,

OF

They will mail you the part(s) needed and a return package or label to ship the bad part back free of charge.

Exactly as I understand it. Getting the bad part back is pretty important since this was once a random problem traced to an assembly step that sometimes left a Delrin scraping inside the switch. A while back they changed the procedure to eliminate this problem, if it's still there (or there's a new issue) should be checked out most likely. I had one of those early switches, my problem was intermittent as I think were most of the others. Very hard to reproduce, a problem you don't seem to have.....

Send some email or call Monday and follow up. There's another show next weekend, it's sure to be busy there, but the parts should be to you before the weekend?

Good luck, and good troubleshooting!!

OF

OF,

natural farmer

Having to remove the stem between hits is very cumbersome (as you are flirting with a delicate glass piece each time) and not at all how the device was designed to be used. Having to turn the device up to a higher temperature to achieve the same instant results that the TV gives painlessly betrays your own sentiment that 3 to 4 is the sweet spot. At 3 to 4, the stem does indeed need to be left in in order to do the job of producing vapor and spending the load in an expedient fashion - which then leads to the stale, musty taste that you and I both agree exists under these conditions (as it was designed to be used).

Even the very first hit off my Solo is "musty". I disagree that the Solo can be run just for the first 3 or 4 hits and then dump the abv and call it a wash with a TV. The first hit off the TV is superior, the second hit is superior, the third hit is superior, and the fourth hit as well. That stale taste with the Solo is present from the get-go. It's the same taste I pick up on with my iolite. It is the result of low heat, applied steadily over an extended period of time (which is exactly what I would characterize the length of time that the stem must be exposed to the chamber before drawing even your very first hit: 20-30+ seconds of exposure to heat, instead 5 seconds of warm-up prime time for the TV). It's also the same principle that sets apart the Volcano (as a convection vaporizer) from its lesser competitors. The difference is the duration of exposure to heat, coupled with the intensity of the heat which the load is exposed to. Hotter for shorter period of time is better than cooler for longer period of time. Both in quality of the vapor produced, as well as the expediency with which any given amount of material is effectively "spent". Within reason, of course. Even with that principle in mind, there is a delicate balancing act between the two. Because the rate or airflow on a Volcano is a fixed variable, I do not ever turn my temp past 6.5 on the dial, or else the temperature is too high to keep up with the rate of passing air and I end up with too thick a vapor that is full of much more carcinogens, same as with a conduction vape.

My point about vegetative plant matter being roasted and thus vaporized is absolutely telltale in the abv itself, as I mentioned previously. The TV, by its very nature, exposes hot air to the material for a very short period of time. This, by the laws of physics, dictates that only the most volatile of the oils remaining on the plant matter will be vaporized with each fleeting pass of the hot air over the material. By comparison, a Solo sits there and "cooks" the entire load (as it was designed to be used). If you're getting better results by removing the stem in between hits, kudos to your mod. However, it sounds like that manner of use stands to both severely lessen the battery runtime (due to the need to have a higher temperature, as you said) and its convenience of use without having to stir or remove anything between hits (two of its nominal advantages over the T1). Ultimately, you're still coming up short of achieving that same rapid ramp up of heat to the load that the TV excels at.

I'm not trying to make any assumptions. I am a hands-on user of both products, and I find your points about how the Solo overcomes its inherent hurdles to be revealing. True that the abv of the T1 is uneven, unless stirred between hits. This is because that intense heat is so near to the load, that the bottom portion of the load is exposed to a more direct (yes conductive) heat than is the top. The key here is that it is for an extremely short duration (not unlike the Volcano, which also requires stirring the chamber for more evenly-spent abv, though I concede the Volcano does not ever run the risk of charring the bottom as the TV does on rare occasion; though only if you don't take the palliative clues and accordingly pulse the switch). So, not having to stir is not necessarily the mark of a good vaporizer, you see. And FWIW, I definitely prefer the consistency of taste and vapor quality with my T1 as compared to the EVO, for example. I feel any vaporizer that does not conveniently allow the load to be stirred in between hits will ultimately not perform as well. The easier the load can be stirred, obviously, the better. Maybe down the road, TV will develop a cap for their device (or a future device) that integrates some spikes for the purpose of stirring the load with the cap on, as has been previously suggested a few pages back in this thread. Implementing a stirring device into the chamber would be a welcomed addition. Though, I am sure there are complications that make it more easily said than done. I can envision it being more difficult to blow the cap clean of debris around the airholes, for example, if there were a jagged stirring device impeding the ability to wipe clean the top of the cap while it is warm and then blowing it free of any remaining debris, as is now my practice.

Very cool. I too had a hard time looking past her prissy take on inhaling what was a relatively tiny cloud of nicotine juice. And that's even with me being able to relate, seeing as I do not imbibe in the juice myself.

edt: Sorry for the long response. Please note that I did go back and change a few details of my original post in the interest of factual accuracy. My apologies for any initial confusion, and for the possible need to re-read this post to understand what I corrected myself on. :)

Hey man, I really don't want to write another large post saying the same things with different words. :) As for what you are saying about more heat, less time, I use my solo exactly like this by removing the stem and it's not cumbersome at all. No preheat, ever. At 3-4 you just have to wait for a couple of seconds more to get vapor when on 5-6 it's very fast and if you remove the stem after the hit it's great taste to the last two juicing-out hits. If you say it's a mod, I say it's technic just like the TV. Anyway, let's agree to disagree for now and let's have a vape session sometime through Skype and analyze vapes, life and everything. ;)

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
TV sending me out a new "T1 Core and switch and a packet to send back my old one.. I assume the T1 Core and switch is that whole middle part with the bowl on one side and (What I call) the switch on the other?

Anyway they said the reason it is no longer working is probably due to that I put the whole thing in bowling water.. Ugggggg
Still dont know why it stopped working the first time but I obviously did a No No.. :horse:

OF

TV sending me out a new "T1 Core and switch and a packet to send back my old one.. I assume the T1 Core and switch is that whole middle part with the bowl on one side and (What I call) the switch on the other?

Anyway they said the reason it is no longer working is probably due to that I put the whole thing in bowling water.. Ugggggg
Still dont know why it stopped working the first time but I obviously did a No No.. :horse:

You don't want to boil the switch itself as it'll leave junk inside you can't rinse out. But you had problems before that that point to a defective switch.

Don't boil the batteries, either, it's not good for them. The come out clean and all, but......

The core is the part with the bowl on one end and threaded connector on the other. Since it lit for you at least once on both sides I can't see how that's the problem but as long as they're sending you the switch it makes sense to do a 'belt and suspenders' job on it. Good call IMO. You should be up for the weekend.

OF

OF,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
They just did. And Yes I am quickly finding out they are amazing customer support..

That is one thing I really liked about the MFLB was the incredible Customer service.. And TV seems just as good if not better.. You dont find that very often these days.. I dont get why more companies are not like that.. You take care of your customers and everything else will fall in place..

THANK you TV.. I will be buying more TV products in the near future..

I'm sure they'll give it to you! They are amazing customer service wise.

Bummer but the never did follow through with this.. They Emailed me back and said they would but never did. I even sent a nice followup email and they just ignored it.. Not really a big deal and not a lot of money but still kind of disappointed.. I mean even a store credit would have been nice..

Oh well... Not going to lose sleep over it...

Don't boil the batteries, either, it's not good for them. The come out clean and all, but......

OF

:myday:

Bummer but the never did follow through with this.. They Emailed me back and said they would but never did. I even sent a nice followup email and they just ignored it.. Not really a big deal and not a lot of money but still kind of disappointed.. I mean even a store credit would have been nice..

Dont take this wrong.. I stil think TV is a great company and will do more business with them soon.. Despite my fight with my T1 over the weekend, I still love their products..

Sorry about that.. Will Edit and merge from now on... Thanks!

Mod note: Posts merged.

Kuroth1,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Kuroth1, in our rules, there is a guideline that I wish you would observe occasionally;
"Please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located near the lower right of your post."

You've just made three back to back posts within 2 hours. Use our edit button please.

And yet you copy your post and post it again within two hours? You could have edited your comment into your original post.

momofthegoons,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well, I've been happily using the Pipe's adapter with the regulated 6v power source for a while now on all my 6v TV products... barely even touched my batteries accept to top off charge them once in a while, but then, I've been home quite a bit to plug in. Sure is nice though, makes running through my water pieces a lot more effective too. :tup:

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
How do we sign up for one of these power supplies? Will it work "plug and play" with my existing T1?

ioright,
Top Bottom