Discontinued ThermoVape

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Sorry Dopevape, those won't work. It's been discussed in detail quite a few times (use the search function in the corner if you're curious), but the gist of it is they're not the same chemistry that we require.

However, an 18650 power supply is rumored to be on the horizon..

Peloton,
Sorry for all the questions, love everything about these thermovapes just want to make sure I'm getting the right products. I usually take a one hitter out of my sherlock a couple times a night of herb with a hefty sprinkle of kief or a small piece of bubble hash and get super high. Really want to instabuy one of these units but would like a little more info.....thanks in advance

If my intent was to vap herb/kief blends or bubble by itself then the evolution unit is best suited for my needs? Would the $54.99 revolution essential oil be compatible with the evolution unit and I would not have to get the $84.97 kit like the T1? Also is there any use for the revolution unit if I didn't have BHO/wax?

Should the fact I just found the T1 kit on amazon for $191 shipping included sway my decision?

pocketheadies,

Dopevape

yeah i was following and have been reading but didnt find it and it seemed to me like those blue batteries were new ones hehe.
Sounds great about that power supply :) thx peloton

Dopevape,

PB88123

Vaporist
Sorry for all the questions, love everything about these thermovapes just want to make sure I'm getting the right products. I usually take a one hitter out of my sherlock a couple times a night of herb with a hefty sprinkle of kief or a small piece of bubble hash and get super high. Really want to instabuy one of these units but would like a little more info.....thanks in advance

If my intent was to vap herb/kief blends or bubble by itself then the evolution unit is best suited for my needs? Would the $54.99 revolution essential oil be compatible with the evolution unit and I would not have to get the $84.97 kit like the T1? Also is there any use for the revolution unit if I didn't have BHO/wax?

Should the fact I just found the T1 kit on amazon for $191 shipping included sway my decision?

I would go with the new evolution for $159.99 along with the revolution attachment for $54.99. You will need to decide on 6v or 3.7V. 6V is a quick 5-10 second heat up time and the 3.7V is more of a 15-20 second heat up time with 10 or so more hits a battery.

You cannot vape bubble by itself in the evolution but you can put it on a layer of herb. Same with the kief - put it on a layer of herb.

PB88123,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Sorry for all the questions, love everything about these thermovapes just want to make sure I'm getting the right products. I usually take a one hitter a couple times a night of herb with a hefty sprinkle of kief or a small piece of bubble hash and get super high. Really want to instabuy one of these units but would like a little more info.....thanks in advance

If you intend on using kief or bubble, TV recommends the Evo, and for good reason. With it's more narrow path and no need to stir it is much better suited. I'm sure you could have some success using them with the T1, but it would just work better in the Evo.

About the Revolution, that's for concentrates only. I don't have a Rev or a DART, so all I can do is direct you to their threads if you're interested.

You know what I'd do if I were you, pocketheadies? Get an Evo kit in your preferred voltage. This will provide you with everything you need to get started. If you decide to expand and buy attachments, you already would have batteries, charger, bottom section of your ThermoVape, etc. making it easy to do so.

EDIT: I was slow, and

Peloton,
thanks again i think i might order the evolution 6v tomorrow and research more about the revolution. If i don't have BHO/wax is there any reason to have it?

are both evolutions convertible with all units? is TV coming out with a glass kit anytime soon i should wait for? Is there any other last min stuff i should know/recommendations before ordering?

can't wait to vap!!!

pocketheadies,

darkrom

Great Scott!
The 6v Evolution is compatible with the T1 but not the LV if I understand correctly (finally).

There is a glass adapter to the T1 and there is no need on the evolution. It is built right into the design which is cool.

darkrom,

OF

The 6v Evolution is compatible with the T1 but not the LV if I understand correctly (finally).

yup, that's my take on it too. Using the LV is easy enough, but you need different batteries and a charger for them. Probably best to plan ahead.

OF

OF,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
At Thermo Essence Technologies we are always making improvements in the manufacturing of our devices. We have recently invested a great deal into the addition of a new 6-axis CNC lathe to improve our machining efficiency and speed.

With every new CNC machine, there is an initial learning period to get it to full operating speed. This period is now over and we have doubled production, we are passing the savings down to you! Coupled with our existing 9-axis machine, as well a team dedicated to efficiently making precision parts, we are able to drop the price on our ThermoVape T1!

The ThermoVape T1 Kit now retails for $199.99, The T1 conversion kit is $124.99, and the Standalone T1 is $154.99. Our goal is to manufacture the highest quality performance personal vaporizers that we possibly can. We also want to make our products as affordable as possible, we work very hard to optimize our manufacturing process and pass that savings onto our customers. Thank you for your continued support of American Small Businesses and American Manufacturing.

Cheers,
Tim

OF

The ThermoVape T1 Kit now retails for $199.99, The T1 conversion kit is $124.99, and the Standalone T1 is $154.99. Our goal is to manufacture the highest quality performance personal vaporizers that we possibly can. We also want to make our products as affordable as possible, we work very hard to optimize our manufacturing process and pass that savings onto our customers. Thank you for your continued support of American Small Businesses and American Manufacturing.

Great news, Tim! I hope it doesn't trigger any 'I wish I'd known that before I wasted fifty bucks rather than waiting a while longer' posts. These things happen, sometimes the price goes up too. In the last six months I can assure folks I got way more than fifty buck worth of use from mine and it's basically like new still.

While Mae West famously said 'you pays your money and takes your choice' (it's not 'chances' as so often reported nor did Mae make it up, it's Brit, notice the "you pays"? Sound like any Yanks you know?). To me, 'betting on TV' isn't all that much of a risk.

Hopefully production costs will continue to drop and we can look forward to more price drops (or at the least delayed increases....).

Well done, please keep it up.

OF

OF,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Have been avidly watching the boards for quite some time now. Joining and posting for the first time. Good info on these threads is what ultimately led to me make my purchase of a T1 about a month ago. While it's been giving me great results up until now, I have ran into a problem. It appears that only one of the two coils is engaging in the heating core. If that was not troubling enough, it appears that in the past 48 hours, this problem with the heating core has caused 3 of my batteries to short out. It's now sidelined, awaiting what I hope will be a fast fix. I sure hope you guys can stand behind your product and get me sorted out with a replacement, as an early adoptee of your handy little device. I hate to have a negative experience so soon into my newfound life with my Thermovape, which I otherwise have been in love with up until this point! It really serves my needs for a portable, inconspicuous vaporizer with an ultra-clean taste. Per your durability tests you posted, I sure thought this would hold up a bit more robustly. I sure didn't go chucking mine across a parking lot. :) Hasn't suffered a single drop... Thank you so much for your dedication and hard work to making sure we customers enjoy the best user experience possible. Go USA!!

PhreedomPhries,

PB88123

Vaporist
It appears that only one of the two coils is engaging in the heating core. If that was not troubling enough, it appears that in the past 48 hours, this problem with the heating core has caused 3 of my batteries to short out. It's now sidelined, awaiting what I hope will be a fast fix.

Send an e-mail to sales@thermovape.com and let them know. Include your order number and FC username and they'll help you get going again.

In the mean time try these steps and maybe it'll come back to life. Take out the switch and o-ring and place the o-ring back in all the way and push the switch in all the way. Then grab a grippy thing and give the core a couple good turns. Put in 2 fresh batteries and see if everything works right. Hopefully it was just a loose connection somewhere.

PB88123,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Have been avidly watching the boards for quite some time now. Joining and posting for the first time. Good info on these threads is what ultimately led to me make my purchase of a T1 about a month ago. While it's been giving me great results up until now, I have ran into a problem. It appears that only one of the two coils is engaging in the heating core. If that was not troubling enough, it appears that in the past 48 hours, this problem with the heating core has caused 3 of my batteries to short out. It's now sidelined, awaiting what I hope will be a fast fix. I sure hope you guys can stand behind your product and get me sorted out with a replacement, as an early adoptee of your handy little device. I hate to have a negative experience so soon into my newfound life with my Thermovape, which I otherwise have been in love with up until this point! It really serves my needs for a portable, inconspicuous vaporizer with an ultra-clean taste. Per your durability tests you posted, I sure thought this would hold up a bit more robustly. I sure didn't go chucking mine across a parking lot. :) Hasn't suffered a single drop... Thank you so much for your dedication and hard work to making sure we customers enjoy the best user experience possible. Go USA!!

Please e-mail us at sales@thermovape.com

We will get you sorted out ASAP and back to happily vaping in no time!

Cheers,

Tim

OF

It appears that only one of the two coils is engaging in the heating core. If that was not troubling enough, it appears that in the past 48 hours, this problem with the heating core has caused 3 of my batteries to short out.

Bummer, but you know how to sort it out. Tim and TV will take care of you, not to worry.

I'm not sure what's up. It will be fun to find out in the end. One side lighting and not the other is probably a core issue, but low voltage can also make this happen (the two coils don't 'start up' the same often). And I don't see how a core with one side lighting can hurt any battery. All it can do is discharge it at half the normal rate or less. A short circuit in the heater assembly would show no light and the battery is supposed to be protected from this very problem. I'm wondering if the issue is really a lame charger and weak batteries?

Lots of stuff could happen, but I've been trained to look for the single point failure that describes all the conditions and that's the only one I can see.

Sorry you're the test case and all, I hope it works out well and quickly, but I look forward to the 'bird's eye low down' on this one. Good luck.

Thanks.

OF

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Thank you all for the prompt replies! Will contact TV and figure out whats going on. I don't believe the problem lies with the batteries alone, OF, as I have witnessed a freshly charged set of batteries heat only a single coil, and watched as other, fairly depleted batteries, engaged both cores. It seems that one of the two coils has become loose, and is now conducting intermittently; possibly also contributing to an electrical short. That is my hypothesis, but have now put the unit aside, in the interest of not causing any further undue stress on the components or batteries.

* In the time I was still tinkering with it to try to get it to smile upon me, I witnessed that same set of fully charged batteries fire up one coil at times, and both coils at other times, as the spirit moved it.

PhreedomPhries,

OF

Thank you all for the prompt replies! Will contact TV and figure out whats going on. I don't believe the problem lies with the batteries alone, OF, as I have witnessed a freshly charged set of batteries heat only a single coil, and watched as other, fairly depleted batteries, engaged both cores. It seems that one of the two coils has become loose, and is now conducting intermittently; possibly also contributing to an electrical short. That is my hypothesis, but have now put the unit aside, in the interest of not causing any further undue stress on the components or batteries.

* In the time I was still tinkering with it to try to get it to smile upon me, I witnessed that same set of fully charged batteries fire up one coil at times, and both coils at other times, as the spirit moved it.

Cool. As I said it's probably a core issue and the additional info above makes that even more likely. What I wasn't clear on is a core that lights even on one side is not a threat to the battery. I can't see anything short of a short (circuit) causing problems for the battery out of the ordinary and with a short there is no light.

So this looks like two unrelated failures to me....a very uncommon thing. This makes it interesting to me as to resolution (I fully understand you're happy to have it work by whatever means is fastest and least trouble). FWIW, last I asked they had over 6,000 thermal cores in service, a few single side failures (five total from production test and field returns??) but not a single total failure. To me that's amazing considering the uncontrolled conditions they serve in.

OF

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
FWIW, last I asked they had over 6,000 thermal cores in service, a few single side failures (five total from production test and field returns??) but not a single total failure. To me that's amazing considering the uncontrolled conditions they serve in.

OF

I agree with you OF. I got nothing but love for a company that designs, sources, and builds their product right here in CA, AND stands behind their products when the unforeseen occurs. I ain't knockin' or questioning the design and build quality of these devices. Shit happens sometimes. When it does, it sure is re-assuring to not have to rely on China to make it right. :)

PhreedomPhries,
Reactions: Dogman

OF

Shit happens sometimes. When it does, it sure is re-assuring to not have to rely on China to make it right. :)

Boy ain't it the truth? Not that a good company can't make the effort and keep the stock and staff to service their customers, but it's nice to not have to depend on that IMO.

And even if it's only a few jobs, I'm very happy to support domestic workers in light industry. I'll even pay more, not happily of course, but I've done it and will do so again when I can.

OF

OF,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Been a while since I checked this thread but just wanted to pop in and say that my T1 is still going as strong as ever. I bought it from PuffItUp the first week of release and I am still using all six original batteries. Used every day and works just as good as the day I received it. A big :tup: to the Thermovape crew for a great product! Excited to try some of the new stuff you have out as well.

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Boy ain't it the truth? Not that a good company can't make the effort and keep the stock and staff to service their customers, but it's nice to not have to depend on that IMO.

And even if it's only a few jobs, I'm very happy to support domestic workers in light industry. I'll even pay more, not happily of course, but I've done it and will do so again when I can.

OF

My less than one month old DART core died on me over the weekend. Notified TV on Sunday. Replacement core on its way to me already with return envelope for my dead unit.

You don't get any better than that.

Sinclue,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
In the mean time try these steps and maybe it'll come back to life. Take out the switch and o-ring and place the o-ring back in all the way and push the switch in all the way. Then grab a grippy thing and give the core a couple good turns. Put in 2 fresh batteries and see if everything works right. Hopefully it was just a loose connection somewhere.

I did try this, and thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately, that did not change anything for me. :cry:

PhreedomPhries,

OF

I did try this, and thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately, that did not change anything for me. :cry:

Good you tried, but it was a long shot. The same switch feeds both coils and doesn't really know about the batteries installed.

BTW I think the switch refit is a bit off. TV told me to put the ring into the bore of the hole and push it al the way down to the bottom before pushing the switch in, it's been the technique I've used since successfully (I had a pair of dicey switches....). The idea is to take all the tension out of the ring so the switch doesn't 'spring back' and back off the connections above it. I turn the switch around backwards and use the wide end to seat the ring. The switch gets reversed and follows it in.

I assume you've contacted TV and help is coming?

OF

OF,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
I assume you've contacted TV and help is coming?

OF

Yes I have and yes it is. :tup: A new core is on its way to me for warrantied replacement. What I now must deal with is the dead sets of batteries which I have kangfirmed to be MIA on a friend's T1. Fresh off the charger, two out of my three sets of batteries, which have been paired with number-coded tape since day-one, are not properly powering the device. Not by a longshot. Both sets are firing up the core initially, but proceeding to not even brighten the coils after ~30 seconds. I have notified TV that I now have two sets of dud batteries, which they said they would replace if I am experiencing difficulties with them, which I am. So now I just have to wait for them to send a couple sets of replacements for me to switch out so I will have more than the one set of batteries that are still rockin' it fine and dandy.

PhreedomPhries,

OF

I have notified TV that I now have two sets of dud batteries, which they said they would replace if I am experiencing difficulties with them, which I am. So now I just have to wait for them to send a couple sets of replacements for me to switch out so I will have more than the one set of batteries that are still rockin' it fine and dandy.

That's good news, of course, but what makes you think the two new sets will be any different over time? Or that the third set will escape? Something is killing them it seems and you've done nothing to sort that out?

I could be dead wrong, of course, but AFAIK nobody's had more than one battery at a time go south???

Anyway it sounds as if you're moving the right way. Good luck. As you know it's a solid unit.....usually.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom