Discontinued ThermoVape

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Thanks for your reply. Judging by these numbers I may be a bit underwhelmed. I must admit, though, I thought I understood what was going on, but I don't. It seems there are too many models/varieties and it has confused me a bit. Am I correct in assuming I can purchase this model http://thermovape.com/collections/e...movape-evolution-starter-kit-standard-voltage and be ready to vape? What is the difference between this model and the more expensive one, the T1? I apologize if these are silly questions but I'm not quite sure I'm getting all this.

The Device in the link is our Evolution, here are a few of my thoughts on the two products.

ThermoVape T1.

This is simply the most powerful, portable, convection vaporizer we can build. Basic advantages:

Higher power:
30 Watts vs. 20 Watts in the Evolution.

Higher Capacity Chamber:

T1: 8-15 inhalations (with stirring) for maximum extraction.
Evolution: 3-5 inhalations (no stirring required) for maximum extraction.

The ThermoVape T1 (and future fully compatible versions, T2..) will always represent the device that we manufacture to push the limits of portable convection vaporization in terms of power and performance.

Easy to load, easy to clean.

The T1 will also soon be offered with an all glass flow path (add on accessory) with option for both direct use and as a glass to glass fitting. Making it the smallest all glass vapor flow path vaporizer in the world, and of-course the only all glass vapor path portable convection vaporizer.

As we work to push the limits and engage new battery technology all of our products will improve, none more so then the T1. Overall we feel that it is a great device. There are many similarities between the two products, they do have their differences.

ThermoVape Evolution

This device is designed to be efficient, effective, and easy. It is your personal botanical vaporizer for when all you need is 2-5 nice inhalations. No stirring between inhalations. Just a super efficient chamber and novel flow path that makes it very resistant to clogging.

I think you will also find the flavor of the Evolution vapor is impressive.

The Evolution will get hot (although cools very quickly, quicker if the PTFE shield is removed). It is not a good vaporizer for sharing with groups (the T1 really isn't either... yet, but is better then the Evolution). This is truly designed to be small, disrupt, silent, easy, and extremely efficient. The Evolution at 6V is 30% more efficient then the T1, and is also available in a 3.7V configuration.

The Evolution also directly engages 14-18 gauge down-stems on it's own (the T1 requires a glass adapter).

It has the same incredibly durable, clean, and powerful heater core design. Is extremely durable. Easy to use, the entire device can be boiled and sterilized. Overall it is a very solid (and the worlds smallest) convection vaporizer.
Our goal was to deliver a extremely high quality device that we could simplify and save cost, and pass that

Having it be 510 compatible and available in Standard (for 6V or Variable Voltage use) and Low voltage for 3.7 Volt (3.7-4.2V) use makes this device very exciting. It opens up a whole world of devices that can now be a high performance, American Made, Medical Device grade, botanical vaporizer.

It is also less expensive then the T1. It is built for you, and priced so your friends can get their own.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

OF

Thanks for your reply. Judging by these numbers I may be a bit underwhelmed. I must admit, though, I thought I understood what was going on, but I don't. It seems there are too many models/varieties and it has confused me a bit. Am I correct in assuming I can purchase this model http://thermovape.com/collections/e...movape-evolution-starter-kit-standard-voltage and be ready to vape? What is the difference between this model and the more expensive one, the T1? I apologize if these are silly questions but I'm not quite sure I'm getting all this.

You're welcome, I hope it helps....

Yes, that's all you need to get vaping. Well you'll need some bud of course. And a guy with a big thirst like your's might think about spare batteries. I think each should do two bowls if you're careful, but haven't tested that out yet. You can get them from TV or elsewhere. Amazon had a good price on them with a charger (nice to have for high volume use):
http://www.amazon.com/Kits-RCR123A-...HO9G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334955382&sr=8-2

Be careful, there's a similar battery, rated at 900 mAh, not 750. It doesn't work.

T1 is $100 more, holds about 50% more herb, uses 50% more energy, needs stirring between hits (Evolution does not) and is not rated for kief and bubble use (which might end up being your personal salvation???).

OF

OF,

mlo4sho

Thank you TV and OF for your replies. I think for my portable needs, the Evolution will provide enough for me. Perhaps it can also aid in decreasing the amount of material I'm using, with the smaller bowl and such. But all-in-all, I think it's a good buy for me. No stirring, slightly improved battery life, cheaper and can use with kief and bubble hash? That's good enough for me. Thanks again for helping me understand this product better and providing useful information.

mlo4sho,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Thank you TV and OF for your replies. I think for my portable needs, the Evolution will provide enough for me. Perhaps it can also aid in decreasing the amount of material I'm using, with the smaller bowl and such. But all-in-all, I think it's a good buy for me. No stirring, slightly improved battery life, cheaper and can use with kief and bubble hash? That's good enough for me. Thanks again for helping me understand this product better and providing useful information.

You are welcome, anytime.

On comment. The Evolution - LV at 3.7 V has quite a bit better battery life 2X-3X. The Evolution at 6V about 30% better, although the 6V does ramp up faster.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Just to see if i understand, the LV 3.7V is 100-200% percent better than the TV1 and the Evolution 6V is 30% better than the TV1? or 30%better than the Evolution LV?

vorrange,

PB88123

Vaporist
Just to see if i understand, the LV 3.7V is 100-200% percent better than the TV1 and the Evolution 6V is 30% better than the TV1? or 30%better than the Evolution LV?

EVO 6V is 30% better than the T1 at 6V. The LV 3.7V EVO offers more hits than the EVO 6V and T1 with the difference being a 10-15 second heat up time.

PB88123,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I'm confused abit here too. Can we back up and just compare the EVO HV and LV differences.
From what I'm reading the LV gives more hits then the HV? Difference in heat up time?
I'm I reading this right? Since both are the same in performance should not the 6 V not last longer?
I realize the T1 has a heat up time. Is the difference the 6 v is using Lipo and the 3.7 most likely Lion?
We need a chart I think. :shrug:

Pipes,

OF

In broad terms both systems will give 15 to 20 minutes of run time (.75Ah/3.3A for .22 hours for the Standard, 1.6Ah/5.4A for .28 hours for LV). This gives the LV a slim .06 hours (3 and a half minutes) advantage but I bet most of that gets burned up in longer preheating times? At 30 seconds per we're talking 30 hits or so so we're talking about a seven second per hit advantage against slower heat up?

Pretty close to a push if you asked me. Then again, this is just numbers, I've never even lit up the Standard (yet). I'm having too much fun with the LV......

OF

OF,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
In broad terms both systems will give 15 to 20 minutes of run time (.75Ah/3.3A for .22 hours for the Standard, 1.6Ah/5.4A for .28 hours for LV). This gives the LV a slim .06 hours (3 and a half minutes) advantage but I bet most of that gets burned up in longer preheating times? At 30 seconds per we're talking 30 hits or so so we're talking about a seven second per hit advantage against slower heat up?

Pretty close to a push if you asked me. Then again, this is just numbers, I've never even lit up the Standard (yet). I'm having too much fun with the LV......

OF

OF, so you're saying the difference between the two evolutions is slim but also that the 6V has actually bigger active time because of the faster heat time?

vorrange,

OF

OF, so you're saying the difference between the two evolutions is slim but also that the 6V has actually bigger active time because of the faster heat time?

I'm guessing (well estimating actually) based on the numbers, not always exact but generally pretty good relatively in such cases. Yes, seems to me like if you can cut seven seconds off each hit by faster time you win with the Standard. But the difference isn't enough to worry about IMO. We're probably only talking a hit or two difference and who can tell that difference? Even if every hit was uniform (which they never are) where exactly the cut off is is not defined well when you're hitting it...somewhere along the line you decide it's getting weak and stop.

All else being equal the LV version probably has more other 510 stuff than the Standard?? I'm not even sure there's an advantage there if you don't already own it. There's also a theory that says low voltage, high current elements are more robust but I think that too may be too hard for most guys to measure.

I did dig out my stopwatch, I might actually try to measure this someday?

OF

OF,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Not trying to give you something to do but i think it is about time someone did some time trials and then aply the ohm law and figure out the average number of hits per battery. Just sayin'. :D

The LV also has the slight size advantage although again, not my much.

vorrange,

OF

Not trying to give you something to do but i think it is about time someone did some time trials and then aply the ohm law and figure out the average number of hits per battery. Just sayin'. :D

The LV also has the slight size advantage although again, not my much.

I just did that for you a while ago, right? That is I did the math and explained why I don't think timing is very objective. That means timing is really of little value, measures of electrical performance is probably less subjective by a fair bit. Just sayin......

I'm not sure where the idea that there's any size difference comes from. Aside from the length (shorter) and gauge (wider) of the wire used in the heater coils the units are identical. All the parts you can see in either model are exactly the same, came from the same bucket. Except the bottom button, of course, which is blank for the Standard and engraved "LV" on the LV.

OF

OF,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I was very medicated when i wrote that last post, but what i understood was that you were thinking of doing those time trials, i was just offering my incentive. hehehe. :)

And about the size, somehow i also got the idea that the battery part of the Evolution was different between the 3,7V and the 6V model.

Glad for the help OF. ;)

vorrange,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
How about something lowtec for a change? This little grommet I found in my neighbor's garage perfectly seals my TV to the 18mm Dewar joint on my new Zob tube! :D

tv1adapter.jpg

tv1grommet.jpg

OF

How about something lowtec for a change? This little grommet I found in my neighbor's garage perfectly seals my TV to the 18mm Dewar joint on my new Zob tube! :D

Very clever. I think what you have there is not a grommet but rather a valve face. It's in the plumbing department. The large version of what makes you sink and garden faucets work. Sometimes called 'faucet washers' around here.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Sinclue

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
ThermoVape Testimonial Round-up

At ThermoVape we are always interested in hearing how you feel about our products - We care so much that EVERYONE who submits a video or written testimonial about one of our Vaporizers will receive a one time use discount code to be used on their next order.

Rules:
  • We ask that written testimonials be a minimum of 400 words to receive a 15% off coupon
  • We ask that your videos are a minimum of 5 minutes, to receive a 25% off coupon
  • No illicit or illegal drugs may be shown or discussed in videos or written testimonials
  • For official entries, please submit all testimonials to info@thermovape.com with the title as “(Your First and Last Name)’s Testimonial”
We also have some other contests going now, the ThermoVape Video Review Contests and the ThermoVape Photo Contests

Cheers,

ThermoVape

SameOldTim,
Reactions: prk

prk

ThermoVape Testimonial Round-up

At ThermoVape we are always interested in hearing how you feel about our products - We care so much that EVERYONE who submits a video or written testimonial about one of our Vaporizers will receive a one time use discount code to be used on their next order.

Rules:
  • We ask that written testimonials be a minimum of 400 words to receive a 15% off coupon
  • We ask that your videos are a minimum of 5 minutes, to receive a 25% off coupon
  • No illicit or illegal drugs may be shown or discussed in videos or written testimonials
  • For official entries, please submit all testimonials to info@thermovape.com with the title as “(Your First and Last Name)’s Testimonial”
We also have some other contests going now, the ThermoVape Video Review Contests and the ThermoVape Photo Contests

Cheers,

ThermoVape

Does this mean the testimonial has to be both written and video? I'm gonna get right on this!

prk,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Does this mean the testimonial has to be both written and video? I'm gonna get right on this!

nope just one or the other. Im looking forward to your review!

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
No, no air leakage (you can see some oil mess around the window of course), but I'm still deciding if it likes to be used upside down.
I was wondering about that too. Gravity can be a bitch. A foot or so of medical tubing and an extra mouth piece would do the trick.
:brow:

Pipes,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Actually the whip adapter that plugs into my HA also plugs into a TV mouthpiece :)
There you go. I like rubber whips for the flexibility. You can get the rubber tubing by the foot at those medical care stores or air supply centres. Couple bucks a foot and can do lots with it.
;)

Pipes,

Splather

Howdy!

...Neat and tidy, works a treat as you'd say?

Thanks again, and stay in touch?

OF

Hiya

Well, I think I've got my technique 'dialed in' as you would perhaps say? Had a fair few experiments now and I can happily say that I'm getting the desired result every time. Took your advice and I now let the unit properly warm up for 15 secs before draw number 1 - excellent. Only thing I seem to disagree with is the "faster draw = more heat" concept. Perhaps I'm hung up on my Vaporstar technique, but I can't seem to shake the mindset of "slower passage of air over heat source = hotter air", but who cares? It's working a treat, and I'm totally happy with that.

Agree completely on the mixing technique - the rolling part only really works once you've emptied it out and mixed it by hand once or twice, then by that point the material has shrunk/dessicated enough to allow space for it to roll around in the bowl once the top cap is loosened.

The only thing I (sort of) worry about is the battery side of things. Obviously I got the three pairs supplied with the unit, but they have a finite lifespan, a large one, but still finite. Bearing in mind I get through all of them on a daily basis (more on weekends), it isn't going to be long before the concept of replacement rears its ugly head.

The batteries used as standard aren't easy to get over here from my meagre searches, and shipping from the US seems high. Is there any other brand/model that has been proven to work safely with the T1 at the temperatures it generates? Apart from shipping costs from the US, the eventuality of Tenergy stopping making the units or going out of business must be considered. (I don't know if they're a big company or not, and how liable that is).

I would certainly hate to have spent considerable money on and got to love a product, only to find I can't power it further down the line.... At this point a UK-friendly wall/car adapter is looking like more and more like a necessity to guarantee the longevity of the unit (HINT, @TV!).

PS: What's OF stand for? (Don't say peeing, or ladies on the bus)

Splather,
Top Bottom