Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
Finally got a lil oil to toss into my new revolution. First impressions: This thing rips. It's very simple to load with the dart loader, which makes me want to cover that window, so that I can use the dart piece permanently and not just as a loader.

I noticed that my mouthpiece doesn't quite want to fit onto the dart loader. Is that consistent with other people?

Overall, I'm definitely impressed so far.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
The reduced mouthpiece on the actual DART loader section is kind of a pain for me. I just apply a drop of water around the o-ring to make it slide in easier. On the upside, I don't have to worry about the mouthpiece falling off in my pocket.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: NoName

xenith

Hey yall, I found a site that is selling the Revolution still, they were about to ship mine before I found out it's not good with solid concentrates. Not sure if this is news to anyone but many people seemed to consider them impossible to find. I found the in-stock site on the first page of my google search.

xenith,
Reactions: OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey yall, I found a site that is selling the Revolution still, they were about to ship mine before I found out it's not good with solid concentrates. Not sure if this is news to anyone but many people seemed to consider them impossible to find. I found the in-stock site on the first page of my google search.

Was it a Dart? While the revolutions are getting harder to find, they are not impossible. Most people were after the Darts though, and more specifically an LV Dart. I doubt youll find one with a google search. I could be wrong though

Mynameismud,

chris2923

Hey guys,
Let me start by saying I JUST made this account 2 minutes ago and am brand new to both the forums and the realm of portable vaporizers. I apologize in advance if this post seems long or drawn out as that is not my intention. I can no longer use my traditional blowtorch and bubbler set up due to GF agro. I need a small portable pen that will get the job done with oil. I get oil that is both solid and some that is very gooey, many different viscositys. The pen that seemed to fit the purpose the best was the thermovape revolution. I saw them for sale here

http://www.vaporizerusa.net/special-offers/thermovape-revolution-portable-vaporizer.html

I'm not sure if the site is legit or a scam. All i care about is getting a vape pen that will work with oil for no more than $150. I dont care about gadgets or accessories i just want a reliable product. Can anyone please provide a link or PM to a page where what I'm looking for can be purchased? Either the TV revolution or whatever you currently reccommend? Thanks. Finding the best pen for oil is harder than i thought itd be. For every good review I find on TV rev I also see posts of kids saying they dont work with oil. Thanks!

chris2923,

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
I clicked the link, and my browser popped up with a message saying, WOAH! Are you sure you wanna go there. Its a risky site IMO. It even said, site is untrusted.
I'm recommending the dabbler even tho this is the TET Revolution thread.
The dabbler is a good oil pen, from a trusted and reliable source. (VaporBros)

There's been a long discussion of whether or not the revolutions work with oil.
Bottom line, there are a lot of people out there that compare some oil pens that heat up the oil QUICK, and they get FAST big hits with close to zero wait time. Although a majority of companies with pens like this use materials that do not compare to the materials utilized in the Revolutions.
Thermovape is a VERY RELIABLE, Trustworthy company with materials of the HIGHEST grade.
The trade off is, Better materials, around 10 sec heat up time for Low Voltage Revolutions (3.7v) a bit faster for Standard Voltage Revolutions (6v) but lower battery life.

Its a matter of letting the oil soak into the ceramic wafer and seep into the heating chamber where all the good vapor is produced, and because of the materials used. The taste of your concentrates in a Revolution Dart Or window version is Simply KICKASS. One of the purest tastes I've had the pleasure of enjoying As opposed to using cheaper pens that sort of diffuse the taste for me.
Just my :2c:

EDIT** The only reason I recommend the dabbler is because Revolutions are VERY hard to find these days.
You gotta know someone who knows someone it seems.

hoptimum

$139 is a good deal. If you have access to shatter, bho or oil, go for it. The flavor is fantastic and you can clean the entire unit with boiling water and ISO

hoptimum,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The one on vaporizerusa is the windowed rev. I contacted them a while back before i acquired my darts. If you do plan on purchasing, i would suggest contacting them before you do just to double check its in stock. Cause a lot of those website dont update often.

Deadhead101

Hey guys I have a question about the quality of my BHO. It looks like it has a lot of little tiny bubbles in it, and when I melt it into my Revo, it bubbles and I guess it sizzles as well. This doesn't seem like a good indicator of quality, eh.

Also I'm having trouble getting big rips consistently. Sometimes I get some big rips but it's been kind of rare. I've had more success pulling really slowly and taking long draws. Maybe it's just the quality of the oil???

I'm gonna keep testing, anyway.:cheers:

Deadhead101,
Reactions: VapoRoor

OF

Hey guys I have a question about the quality of my BHO. It looks like it has a lot of little tiny bubbles in it, and when I melt it into my Revo, it bubbles and I guess it sizzles as well. This doesn't seem like a good indicator of quality, eh.

Sounds like a purging issue to me, might be good quality after that but right now it's not helping a bit.

How does it do with the foil test?

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Also I'm having trouble getting big rips consistently. Sometimes I get some big rips but it's been kind of rare. I've had more success pulling really slowly and taking long draws. Maybe it's just the quality of the oil???

I'm gonna keep testing, anyway.:cheers:
Bubbles and sizzles in the rev, or while loading it?like say off a paperclip? If its off the paperclip or dabber its obviously a purging issue. But a foil test will confirm it for sure.

As for vapor production, i experienced a very similar situation when i first got my dart. Im sure its a couple pages back if your really interested. The oil was really good, well purged and everything but i just could not get a good rip off of it for the life of me. I cleaned and then switched the oil i was using, and have not looked back ever since.

So it is probably the oil, but another reason why the vapor production might not be up to par would be from over loading. Maybe try cleaning and try again(after a foil test of course)

OF

So it is probably the oil, but another reason why the vapor production might not be up to par would be from over loading. Maybe try cleaning and try again(after a foil test of course)

Excellent advice. Remember Revolution/DART doesn't have a lot of 'power to burn'. "Load small and often" is the call here. I load .05 or so (a BB size ball at most) only when it starts running low (looks dry and production falls with good batteries). Never add a second 'top up' if the first doesn't bring instant improvement, you don't need overfilling on top of battery or whatever other issue was there first.

Hang in there, it's a great machine, it just takes some understanding. Part of that understanding is the goods really want to be soaked into the ceramic before you try to make vapor. The good stuff comes from inside the ceramic.

OF

Deadhead101

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the feedback. Yeah I've gotten a few hits out of this thing that had me hacking a lung, so I know there's obviously a lot of potential. I have a gut feeling that my problem is likely that the oil isn't purged adequately, or perhaps I may have overloaded it.

Anyway, I'm gonna keep fiddling around until I get good results. I mean, I always get vapor, just not consistently big hits.

And when I was talking about the bubbling/sizzling I was referring to when I was heating up the oil in the revo and the oil started to melt into the ceramic. Also, this bho leaves some black oil res, quite lot of it actually. Is that typical?

Deadhead101,

OF

. Also, this bho leaves some black oil res, quite lot of it actually. Is that typical?

It should not, no. Have you done a foil test, that's the difinitive test, looking at what's inside the cart can be misleading sometimes.

Get some foil and run the test, then you'll know what you're looking at.

OF

OF,

Deadhead101

What's the foil test? Put a flame below tin foil with bho on it, and see what's left behind? Right?

Deadhead101,
Top Bottom