Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

OF

I get a lot of condensation up inside the air hole/dart area. It does not flow back down. The "probe" itself does however works as advertised. As a test, warm up the dart, take off the top part (the dart) and wipe it off. Then wrap a tissue around the air holes area and blow out through the mouthpeice, wipe off the oil and repeat. You will see how much oil is collecting up in there. Do all this after it is well used or you notice it starting to clog.

I guess I disagree. It does reach equilibrium after a while as the layer gets no thicker and the 'empty' cart stops gaining weight but since the stuff is no doubt still condensing, it's got to be flowing. Put a scratch in the deposit on the side walls and you can see it happen.

As another experiment, pull the mouthpiece out and shine a flashlight down and look at the back side of those holes, mine are bone dry. No oil passes this point it seems, none ended up in the filter above. I thought about sloping the holes at first, then thought of maybe a single drain for the puddle on the other side. It was when I opened it up to see how that drain might happen I saw there was nothing to drain. So I stopped worrying about it.

It could be the way I'm using it of course, different technique or concentrates could have problems but I went specifically looking for this one and failed to find it?

OF

OF,

bruno13

insomniac
I guess I disagree. It does reach equilibrium after a while as the layer gets no thicker and the 'empty' cart stops gaining weight but since the stuff is no doubt still condensing, it's got to be flowing. Put a scratch in the deposit on the side walls and you can see it happen.

As another experiment, pull the mouthpiece out and shine a flashlight down and look at the back side of those holes, mine are bone dry. No oil passes this point it seems, none ended up in the filter above. I thought about sloping the holes at first, then thought of maybe a single drain for the puddle on the other side. It was when I opened it up to see how that drain might happen I saw there was nothing to drain. So I stopped worrying about it.

It could be the way I'm using it of course, different technique or concentrates could have problems but I went specifically looking for this one and failed to find it?

OF

When I look down the mouthpeice hole I see lots of oil. I have also twisted a tissue down there to get the oil out, but blowing it out worked better. Maybe I just need to clean it more often. I just cleaned everything. Next time it fills I will video it.

bruno13,

OF

When I look down the mouthpeice hole I see lots of oil. I have also twisted a tissue down there to get the oil out, but blowing it out worked better. Maybe I just need to clean it more often. I just cleaned everything. Next time it fills I will video it.

No need for movies, I'm sure you know what oil looks like. I for sure didn't see it in the prototype I traded in for the production (plated) unit I'm now using. The first had a couple grams, this one perhaps one thus far? How far up is it coming? Anyone else see this?

Thanks for the info.

OF

OF,

QuantumTimeSpace

Hashtronaut
I do get a tad bit of oil above the dart piece that creeps through the holes and condenses, but IMO it's negligible. The first pull off the mouthpiece produces a small *POP* and everything flows fine once warmed up.

Friar

I'm on my third cleaning in a week and a half. :bang: I can't seem to get the hang of the Dart. Just when I think I've got it figured out I'm back to getting whispy girly hits. The only time it hits properly for me is when it's freshly cleaned and that doesn't seem to last very long before its seems flooded and it starts gurgling and not producing. I'm only packing 50-80 mg at a time and still having trouble. I'm regularly getting clogged air holes in the mouthpiece and lots of oil accumulation too.

Just bought a Persei and I have to say that the Omicron carts are outperforming the Dart times a million right now. Hoping I get a handle on it cause right now I'm kinda bummed. :shrug: Any pointers for me?

Friar,

OF

The only time it hits properly for me is when it's freshly cleaned and that doesn't seem to last very long before its seems flooded and it starts gurgling and not producing. I'm only packing 50-80 mg at a time and still having trouble. I'm regularly getting clogged air holes in the mouthpiece and lots of oil accumulation too.

Just bought a Persei and I have to say that the Omicron carts are outperforming the Dart times a million right now. Hoping I get a handle on it cause right now I'm kinda bummed. :shrug: Any pointers for me?

What are you using for concentrate(s)? Sounds to me like you're leaving a lot of debris behind and are jamming up the ceramic sponge?

For sure you're not getting the same results as most guys. It does work well for you when clean, right?

OF

OF,

Friar

What are you using for concentrate(s)? Sounds to me like you're leaving a lot of debris behind and are jamming up the ceramic sponge?

For sure you're not getting the same results as most guys. It does work well for you when clean, right?

OF

It works GREAT initially, however very temporarily. I'm using BHO nicely purged as it leaves no residuals on my Ti nail. I noticed that I can't see the orange glow at all through the gaps on both sides of the ceramic, some debris must be clogged in there. How long are you guys letting the units soak in Iso? Thanks OF!

Friar,

Darb

I'm on my third cleaning in a week and a half. :bang: I can't seem to get the hang of the Dart. Just when I think I've got it figured out I'm back to getting whispy girly hits. The only time it hits properly for me is when it's freshly cleaned and that doesn't seem to last very long before its seems flooded and it starts gurgling and not producing. I'm only packing 50-80 mg at a time and still having trouble. I'm regularly getting clogged air holes in the mouthpiece and lots of oil accumulation too.

The same results I've been having with my revolution......

Darb,

OF

How long are you guys letting the units soak in Iso? Thanks OF!

Only a few minutes for me, but I give it about 3 minutes in the ultasonic sink at the same time so it probably counts for more. After boiling I can't see any light either, but it still performs like when new. No smell or vapors I can detect in a quick test, unlike boiling alone.

OF

OF,

Friar

Only a few minutes for me, but I give it about 3 minutes in the ultasonic sink at the same time so it probably counts for more. After boiling I can't see any light either, but it still performs like when new. No smell or vapors I can detect in a quick test, unlike boiling alone.

OF

Yah see I still got some vapor and smell upon firing after the last cleaning so maybe I should soak in Iso longer. I probably soaked for 30 minutes but I did notice the iso was pretty dark and claimy so maybe I'll do a second iso bath with fresh iso and see if that helps with performance.

Friar,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Just cleaned my Rev for the first time since I've owned it (early Feb) I put at least two grams thru it. I thought it would be so much dirtier than it was. I soaked it in ISO91 for 30 minutes, rinsed it, dried it in a 200F oven for 15 minutes, and now BETTER than new! :brow:...Might hold off on that dart for awhile now...
:peace:

Bluntcrush,

prk

I have ordered my dart and waiting for it, performance wise is it different then the REv?

Having had my DART for over a week now, I'd say they're pretty similar. The main difference, IMHO, is the loading/usage difference that comes from the dabber and lack of a window. Both positives, in my book. I haven't even used my standard Rev since receiving the DART. I do feel like it's easier to maintain a "reservoir" of concentrate in the DART than the Rev, obviously not on the level of an Omi cart, but maybe that's just my imagination. This could easily be attributable to me just loading more concentrate in it, since it's so much easier to load with BHO than the original...

OF, or others, can speak to this more than I can, as I'm still getting the learning curve down.

prk,

OF

OF, or others, can speak to this more than I can, as I'm still getting the learning curve down.

Not a bit of it, I think you nailed it. They have the same heater and ceramic assembly around it. The window makes the original easier to work with for bubble, kief and solids that need stirring. Oils, waxes, budders and the like favor the Dart. Either will work in most cases. Which is best for you probably depends on what you plan to load it with most of the time.

OF

OF,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Did I read somewhere back that the DART also had a redesign on the ceramic? I believe it has an extra gap now?
The one I got today has a bigger opening in the bottom than the windowed ver., and the ceramic bit has gaps on either side where it looks like oil might flow into easier. I'm not sure if the ceramic piece is smaller, or if the gaps are there simply because the hole covering it is bigger.
Hmmm OF . . . I asked this question earlier and I thought the ceramic was a little different on the DART allowing for better flow? Sorry, I'm confused again . . . situation normal :)

t-dub,

OF

Hmmm OF . . . I asked this question earlier and I thought the ceramic was a little different on the DART allowing for better flow? Sorry, I'm confused again . . . situation normal :)

That's what I was told when I asked, it's for additional airflow to sweep the vapor out. Mine is a prototype with a larger gap at one side, I understand the usual production units should have two smaller ports. You can see the gap in this photo at about 10 o'clock. The heater and core can be seen under it. This was the prototype so it's not plated.

OF

OF,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Ahhh . . . so the ceramic is different between the Rev. and the DART then . . ok got it. Thanks Jedi Master OF! ;)

t-dub,

OF

Ahhh . . . so the ceramic is different between the Rev. and the DART then . . ok got it. Thanks Jedi Master OF! ;)

I'm not sure about that part, I got the feeling the change might include Revolution as well. Perhaps Tim will set us straight?

I do know the gaps are part of Dart, I looked at a few in process the other day when mine was being rebuilt.

OF

OF,

2clicker

Observer
im still loving this thing. unfortunately my cells need charging and my charger hasnt arrived yet... :uhoh:

2clicker,

prk

I'm not sure about that part, I got the feeling the change might include Revolution as well. Perhaps Tim will set us straight?

I do know the gaps are part of Dart, I looked at a few in process the other day when mine was being rebuilt.

OF

Tim probably can answer definitively, but I purchased an AVA HR atomizer at the same time as my DART, and the ceramic elements looked more like each other than the original Rev. Come to think of it, the AVA seems to me like a larger element, and a larger chamber around it. Wish I had taken pictures when they were both still new oh well.

prk,

Bluntcrush

Just cleaned my Rev for the first time since I've owned it (early Feb) I put at least two grams thru it. I thought it would be so much dirtier than it was. I soaked it in ISO91 for 30 minutes, rinsed it, dried it in a 200F oven for 15 minutes, and now BETTER than new! :brow:...Might hold off on that dart for awhile now...
:peace:
Yeah so I guess I spoke too soon...:/ Now I can't get a WISP of vapor out of my revolution...I am thinking it must be the oil. With the first 3 grams I had, it was a lighter color and seemed to truly melt all the way (in the rev) THe new stuff is darker and slightly less pliable. When I put my first little ball in (after cleaning) it worked great, then I added a little more and now it is all gooey and wont melt (or so it seems) I have also tried this oil in my Eclipse H20 vape and it fully melts...

Any ideas from our resident expert (OF) might be helpful at this time. Everything else seems to be working (batts, switches, because it gets really hott) I really didn't over load it, so I am curious what might have happened here...

Bluntcrush,

OF

Yeah so I guess I spoke too soon...:/ Now I can't get a WISP of vapor out of my revolution...I am thinking it must be the oil. With the first 3 grams I had, it was a lighter color and seemed to truly melt all the way (in the rev) THe new stuff is darker and slightly less pliable. When I put my first little ball in (after cleaning) it worked great, then I added a little more and now it is all gooey and wont melt (or so it seems) I have also tried this oil in my Eclipse H20 vape and it fully melts...

Any ideas from our resident expert (OF) might be helpful at this time. Everything else seems to be working (batts, switches, because it gets really hott) I really didn't over load it, so I am curious what might have happened here...

I'm not sure I'm at all good with that 'expert' stuff, just 'cuz a guy won't shut up is no reason to resort to name calling, is it?

I've see that same thing several times both with bubble as well as others. Some did indeed 'melt' fully on foil but didn't vape away cleanly (which is the issue I think?). Whatever it is it tough stuff after some cooking. Top shelf oils and waxes can't seem to get past them and boiling doesn't get rid of the deposits, it takes ISO in my experience. Now, 'everything' gets a couple minutes in ISO in the ultrasonic sink before boiling. Works a treat as the Brits would say.

Does the stuff in question leave the Eclipse vial clean? I bet that same stuff is what's jamming up the works in the Revolution.....

OF

Bluntcrush

Yes it leaves the vial clean (not as clean as the other, tho :puke: admittedly) I have a big lump of this stuff though and now it looks like I will likely have to use it in the Eclipse. :ugh: I really need portability and that was why the Rev is perfect, but I would have to make my own BHO around here as it is scarce...:( I have the eclipse "pipe style" vape also (and tons of clean vials) but that thing is hard to control the size of the hits you get (and also is not very stealth)...

Sorry for the name calling OF! :peace:

Bluntcrush,

OF

Yes it leaves the vial clean (not as clean as the other, tho :puke: admittedly) I have a big lump of this stuff though and now it looks like I will likely have to use it in the Eclipse. :ugh: I really need portability and that was why the Rev is perfect, but I would have to make my own BHO around here as it is scarce...:( I have the eclipse "pipe style" vape also (and tons of clean vials) but that thing is hard to control the size of the hits you get (and also is not very stealth)...

Sorry for the name calling OF! :peace:

Funny, in my case the vial in my Eclipse has sludge in it. I agree about that vape, too, BTW. I have the pipe version, it works just often and well enough to keep me coming back. Fun, but not all that practical.

I think Revolution and Dart are at their best with higher grade oils and waxes. I've had 'Full melts' and 'taffy' foul mine out, give me lighter colored oils and waxes......

Not to worry about the name thing, I'm sure it won't happen again......

Good luck in your Holy Quest. I'm not sure if that's the grail in the distance, but this is the road to wisdom, right?

OF

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
Can someone please be gentle in breaking the ineviatable to me.

After loading up my Revolution with some fresh ISO hash I am getting no signs that the heater is working. I had recently cleaned it (according to instructions) but totally forgot to test pre-loading. So now I have a revolution full of beautiful hash but no heat from the ceramic to enjoy said hash. Is there anything I can try before resorting to tears?

ioright,
Top Bottom